SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

MaizeNblue81: Tapering Zoloft during severe acute Xanax WD

maizeNblue81

Ok sorry to bother everyone this morning but my mom didn't get to read these post to me last night gonna try and get her to go back today and re read these but I'm really scared and struggling today even more than yesterday and this continues to get worse and I don't know what to do? 

The pressure numbness burning and pain in my head is so severe I can't hardly stand up. Extreme nausea light headed dizzy extreme anxiety now my nervous system is shot and I can't sleep or get easy at all and the worst part is the emotional symptoms and how they have changed and continues to get worse. 

I woke up up this morning literally feeling like I was crawling out of my own skin completely confused disoriented severe DP/DR and the evil place my mind has gone the horrible intrusive thoughts are about more than I can bare. I literally feel like I'm losing all since of myself and the reality around me and when I woke up in the state I was in I walked into the kitchen where my mom and dad was and nothing but evil harmful thoughts flooding my mind thinking crazy things like I would do something to harm my mom or dad and that's crazy.

I know everyone gets frustrated at me when I talk about these symptoms but they really have become that much more severe and have changed that much over the last month especially the last week or so the head pressure and physical symptoms in my head are worse and at a all time high and these emotional symptoms are so much more severe to the point I really am scared and it's hard to use and is getting increasingly harder to even use distracting techniques because of how severe they have become. It's so bad I'm telling the truth when I say it is as bad now if not worse than back in October when I went into the hospital and I really don't know what to do if this is a Benzo wave that will pass or the Zoloft turning on my or a combo of both but 6 weeks ago I would have thought I was over the worst but know I feel like the last 8 months have been for nothing and I'm right back where I started and I really feel like I'm having a complete psychological breakdown I mean even my vision has been effected and this severe pain in my head and the severe intrusive thoughts losing myself no cognitive ability at all no filter on my brain and this evil cloud in my head I'm losing it and I would go to the hospital right now if I thought they wouldn't just look at me like I was crazy and try to put me on more drugs. 

Is any of this normal at all? Will this pass? It just keeps getting worse. Is it safe to taper off the Zoloft now I mean if it's making me worse I don't see I have a choice? 

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maizeNblue81

• ChessieCat

• JanCarol

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I would get rid of anything in your life to make u feel better.  If you feel work is braking you down then you have to quit.  If work distracts you and it's tolerable than stay.  Every one in WD is different and u have to do what u can with how severe your symptoms are. And do whats best.   Benzo wd can last a long time, much longer than 8 months . And at some point it will just start to get better and continue to get better. Nobody knows when that is.  

Usually people on here recommend tapering the ssri 1st and leaving the benzo last . But I'm sure many people have done what u have  done . The zoloft is tricky I won't lie about that.  To taper or hold?  I don't know .  It certainly didn't help to add such a big drug . But so many of us are stuck on other drugs while being in acute WD from another one.  It's pretty standard actually for what these docs due to people .

Somehow u have to have the will to survive and it's very difficult to go through. And yes WD can be much more severe for some . Symptoms can be much stronger . Not everybody gets akathisia or crippling pain etc.. It really varies from person to person .

Has any mod suggested  reinstating a small dose of the benzo to allivate the benzo wd?  And then tapering slowly when ready?  I haven't read through all the notes.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

No I'm not going back on any benzo and as far as the Zoloft everyone is telling me to hold for now until the Benzo symptoms maybe start to get a little better but I can honestly say this is the worst wave of symptoms in 8 months and the worst mental and physical suffering I have ever experienced.

a lot of people tell me about months 4-8 being the worst and getting hit with a massive wave of symptoms between months 6-8 then starting to get maybe some relief gradually in momth 9 but I'm doing all I know to do to survive even stopped working as I can't hardly leave the house now but if this wave continues to increase or last much longer I don't know how much more I can take both the physical symptoms in my head and the severe emotional symptoms are excruciating and the most intense they have ever been and I get hit right at the end of months 6 and then again majorly about a week ago now 8 1/2 months off benzos but still holding on the Zoloft and this is literally torture and I feel like I'm losing my mind and literally dying. 

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

Very well understood,  im hoping you get some relief soon .

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Santino is another member who has realised the importance of acceptance.

13 hours ago, Santino said:

Hi Scallywag

I have been sincere all the time with my posts and to tell the truth even now i feel a bit scared reading all the messages that i have written into my topic.... :-)

My life last year was to say the least miserable. To imagine all my symptoms from benzo WD including terrible anxiety, akathisia, very deeeeep suicidial depression on some particular days, terrible sleep every two three days with horror dreaming and anxiety soo early in the morning... they seem to all be a thing of the past now. Meditation and acceptance have played a big role on it my friend. Your assistance too was great in my difficult times when i would really put in question my existence. 

Anyway i still have low motivation to do things at work, medium level depression, back pain and rumination accompained with brain fatigue on particular days but life is livable again. Last year i would come to work wait for the time and run to my home like a robot. Even when going out i would stay alone at my preferred bar near my home just drink my decaf and think nonstop how my life is finishing while my baby's daughter life was starting. I confess i would cry most of the nights before sleep just thinking i would not be able to see my daughter grow up. In contrast now i can feel for people, i can face some problems (not all maybe), i enjoy going for a walk with my daughter at the park, i can plan for my vacations next week and most of the time i enjoy staying with other people. These all bring a sense of normalcy to me which i almost lost totally last year.

Should i be proud of myself...???!!!! I am not sure as i still struggle here and there but life goes on as a train and i am trying to clinch my hands on my wagon... I know i have gone a bit fast with the cats but i was not a long time user and as long as i was feeling wd subside i would go for another cut. Currently at 1.2 and hopping by the end of autumn to be there. If i feel destabilizing i do not mind stopping cuts though. Anyway i am still far from a success story but acceptance plays a big role. Once i followed you guys advice and accepted my situation things became easier. Still very very tough but livable and now i feel the difference.

Thanks to all of you and i will continue to update my signature time after time until i reach the 0 level. I am hoping Altostrada will not mind putting into my topic the here comes the sun symbol soon... hahahah :-)

Hugs for everybody and believe in yourselves. I know many of you need these reassurance on the bad days. I still do need it some times, but the good days tell me that i need to push forward. And I WILL DO.

Santino from Albania

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Ms Cat I'm so sorry my symptoms have increased to the point I can not read this I haven't even been on her in the last couple of days as this wave has intensified yet again and I've been doing all I know to do to hold on but it just keeps getting worse and I don't know what to do even having a hard time writing this. I'm gonna try and get my mom to read all this to me today but they have been busy with a member of their church being killed in a car wreck.

I really and struggling more than ever before and I try constantly to distract myself and do whatever I can do to make it through but I'm finding it increasingly harder and harder everyday to survive with my symptoms continuing to increase to levels I've never experienced before at any point in the 8 1/2 months I've been off Benzos.

Its gotten to the point nothing is working anymore and I literally feel like I'm losing my mind completely and having a psychological breakdown and I don't know how much longer I can hang on if this continues to get worse? 

The head pressure burning numbness tightening in my head is so severe I can't think have no cognitive ability at all I can't hardly drive anymore I can't eat or sleep or find any kind of relief at all and these emotional symptoms are so very scary and between the severe confusion DP/DR and horrific intrusive thoughts I feel like I'm completely losing my mind and find it hard to function in anyway with these increases in my symptoms brings severe anxiety and panic and I find it hard to distract myself and make it through at all with how severe they have become I feel like I'm literally crawling out of my skin both the physical pain in my head and the severe increase of emotional symptoms reached and all time high even worse than after Detox and the first few months and I haven't even been able to measure the Zoloft out with the syringe as planed just try to get it as close to the 100ml line on my bottle as I can but even have a hard time doing that and have to have my mom ck it to make sure it's right on it because it's like my brain want even read what my eyes are seeing anymore. I feel completely lost and losing more of myself everyday giving way to these horrible and very scary symptoms and I'm trying to hold on but this is really scaring me how severe it has gotten and how much these symptoms have changed and increased even just over the past week or even the last few days especially the pain in my head and the severe intrusive thoughts and emotional symptoms are still climing and getting so much worse. 

It worries me because I'm being told these kinda of severe increases and major waves of symptoms or common in the time frame I'm in between 6-8 months with Benzo Being the and some relief starts to come in months 9 but it is so bad I'm barely hanging on and I still wander if the Zoloft is making all this worse or what role it is playing in this but I don't know what to do and I feel like I'm going crazy and losing my mind. 

• Moderator Emeritus

"have no cognitive ability"

If you had no cognitive ability you would not be to compile the very detailed and long posts that you are.  By saying that you "have no cognitive ability" is being dramatic.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Just a quick note Maize to tell you that I am rooting for you, cheering you on, and hoping you get better soon -- and I am sure many on this forum are too.  Hang in there! 
Wishing you well,

M.

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

• Mentor

just breathe Maize, breathe

you are going to get thru this.

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

I'm the same way emotional symptoms like the thoughts of harming others and many more of horror thoughts take up my whole mind through the day and night and seem to be getting worse with that feeling of loss of the way you used to be never coming back and the fear of the thoughts getting worse afraid of living the rest of our life like this I just hope for you and me it gets a lot better

I'm now a week away from 9 months out and I feel like all hope is lost and there is no coming back from what these drugs have done to me! This can't be just Benzo WD after 9 months and this wave that hit me right at the end of month 6 now almost at 9 months continues to increase and change in intensity! 

I literally feel like I'm crawling out of my own skin and losing my mind or having a complete psychological breakdown it's so bad and severe more so now than even when I went into Detox which is very scary and hard to understand how I could get hit like this and be this bad at almost 9 months! 

Even just over the last week all my symptoms continue to increase and becaome so much worse than ever before! The most consistent and constant symptom the head pressure burning numbness tightness and physical pain in my head especially in my forehead behind my eyes in my temples the top of my head down into my ears the right side of my head and into the my neck is so severe I can't even function have had to quit work and cant hardly drive or even leave the house anymore when 2 months ago I was working and at least able to function somewhat although still suffering but nothing like this! 

On top of the physical pain the emotional symptoms are getting to hard to ignore or distract from! Severe DP/DR, confusion, brain fog, can't think or remember what I'm doing half the time and the increased level of anxiety insomnia and horrific intrusive thoughts and changes in mood are getting so severe I can't hardly take it or distract from it anymore! 

About all I can do is lay in bed and suffer or stand out on the porch and suffer or just pace around the house going completely crazy and in so much physical torture! 

This is insane I will be 9 months off this coming Thursday and yes I'm still on Zoloft but I've been holding staeady for over 3 months now so no major changes in meds and o really feel like I'm dying or completely losing my mind! 

What is this? Why is this wave continuing to get worse when I'm not doing anything to push myself at all! Is any of this normal or is this just simply Benzo WD and a major huge horrific wave that is continuing to get worse and last forever?

I just stood in the mirror for 20 mins I bet shaking feeling like I was having a nervous breakdown and losing my mind and couldn't even recognize myself in the mirror I'm losing it 

Ok I am very scared and feel like I'm literally about to completely lose my mind and feel like I'm crawling out of my own skin and about to over the edge. 

I know now that you may think I'm being over dramatic about my symptoms but I haven't even been on here the last few days because I'm the last three days my symptoms have yet again increased and become even more severe than ever before to where I'm literally hanging on by a thread and holding onto my bed and this pillow for dear life. 

Both the the physical and emotional symptoms have increased so dramatically even the last few days that I don't know how much longer I can hang on or if I will survive this much longer and on the verge of rushing to the hospital if I didn't think they would just make me worse and put me on more drugs. 

The head pressure numbness burning tightness and physical pain in my head has reached and all time high and the increased levels of anxiety confusion DP/DR insomnia fatigue horrible evil intrusive thoughts have all increased as well to the point I really don't know if I'm gonna make it or survive this much longer? 

I don't understand I'm now 9 months off Xanex and I've been holding on the Zoloft for quite a while now not trying to make any dramatic changes that would make this worse than it already is but this wave that started at the end of month 6 got worse at month 8 and now into month 9 and still climbing in intensity has just about taking me out and has become so severe nothing no distractions no technique anything can take me away or my mind off of my symptoms and I really don't understand why this continues to climb and get worse and why this wave or increase continues to climb to all time levels and I'm really holding on for dear life but nothing is working anymore and I'm scared I'm about to completely lose it. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Maybe you could try a small decrease in zoloft. Have you compared the amounts in the bottle and the cylinder? 

Pour the amount in the bottle into the cylinder and see how much is actually in there. 

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

"Have you compared the amounts in the bottle and the cylinder?"

Have you bought a graduated cylinder?

No ma'am I have been so sick and these symptoms have been so severe I have been doing good to make it from one second to the next and I've even had to have my mom look at my bottle every night to make sure it's right or as close to the 100ml line as possible. And of course I haven't been working so I honestly haven't had any money to do anything and i hate to ask my mom for anything else but she might be willing to get me a cylinder I think I will talk to her about it tonight.

There is so much physical pain and pressure in my head I literally can not function anymore and about all I can do with all the pressure numbness tightness burning and pain in my brain is lay here on the couch or in my bed and when you add the severe emotional symptoms to the mix I feel like I literally holding on for dear life like my head is gonna explode and is on fire and I'm crawling out of my own sling and going completely crazy. 

Its so so hard at this point to tell what is still major Benzo symptoms versus the AD but it seems that the head pressure and physical symptoms are extremely common with Benzo WD but I wander is it normal for a wave of Benzo WD to last this long and continue to increase in intensity with no relief in sight? 

My head feels like its its gonna explode and is on fire so much tightness pain and pressure I can't do anything and it is still getting worse by the day. So much pain and pressure in my forehead behind and above my eyes in my temples resting on top of my head and today it's down in the left side oh me head and into my ear to where it feels like someone had taking a fish hook and is stabbing me and jerking down on it and I can't even lift my eyes or open my mouth to eat nothing is enjoyable at all and there is no peace just constant suffering that confined to get worse. 

Is andy of this normal especially the head pressure and physical pain in my head after 9 months and if this is a wave do they elreally last this long and continues to increase l? 

• Moderator Emeritus

"haven't had any money"

Are you buying cigarettes?  How important is your health and wellbeing?  I am not criticising you smoking, only that you say you can't afford a cylinder.  A graduated cylinder does not cost very much and it was first suggested that you get one back in March (about 4 months ago), if I remember correctly, so please stop making excuses.  The second time a graduated cylinder was mentioned you then responded that you didn't know what one was or where to get one.  You have not even managed to do such a simple thing as obtaining a graduated cylinder so you can measure your dosing as accurately as possible.

The ball's in your court - get a graduated cylinder!!!

Well it's so hard for me to do anything right now at all! I noticed a major increase or change in my condition right at the end of month 6 going into month 7 and then another increase at the beginning of month 8 and now yet anover level now into month 9. And I was crazy and didn't know or have the information I have now even back when I was Detixed October of last year and let the crazy doctors in the hospital put me on Zoloft and it's so hard to tell what that drug is adding to my suffering but after about 3 months and letting them take me up to 100mg of the Zoloft o realized that wasn't a good idea and switched over to dissolving the pills in 100ml of water and trying to start slowly coming back down off of that but I got no further than 87.5mg and had to stop because of my symptoms being so bad in month 4-5 then I was ready to start trying to slowly taper again right before this major wave hit at the end of month 6 and have just been holding on that since then but I don't even now if that was the right call? 

These drugs especially Xanex have destroyed my brain and my life to the point I honestly don't know if I'm gonna survive or hang on much longer? I literally feel worse now than after Detox and the first few months of WD and since the end of month 6 when this wave hit just when I think it can't get any worse it does and it just keeps climbing and getting worse and not any better! I've held on for so long tried to listen to the doctors and when I started running to these severe Symptoms they became useless and have tried to listen to every one here and surviving AD and have done all I know to do to try and survive this but I'm literally losing it! 

The head pressure numbness burning tightness and physical pain in my head is unbearable and keeps getting worse and doesn't let up it's just constantly there and since this wave hit major fatigue insomnia severe nausea light headed dizzy my vision is even off brain fog horrible DP/DR to where I'm losing all since of reality and the old me and the most concerning is the major wave of extreme anxiety and horrible evil intrusive thoughts all the time and it's getting so bad no distraction is helping and I feel like I'm completely losing my mind and having a psychological breakdown it's really scaring me and I don't know what to do? 

The Zoloft scares me too and I don't know what to do about that? I'm so scared of what WD from that is gonna add to this but than again I don't know what continuing to take it is doing either cause the Benzo symptoms are so severe? 

2 months ago I was suffering but able to push through and even work now I feel like I'm dying and gonna literally lose my mind and can't hardly function at all!

I feel today it's increased again and I'm really scared I'm completely losing it. Severe anxiety horrific DP/DR horrible intrusive thoughts severe SU/HM ideation I really feel like I'm crawling out of my own skin. I can't breath just sat in my car for 10 mins didn't badly know where I was feeling like I was completely losing my mind and I'm really having a complete psychological breakdown and I'm not gonna make it. The head pressure numbness burning and physical pain in my head is so bad I really feel like I'm going over the edge and I'm really scared and don't know what to do? I was just laying in my bed hanging on for dear life when your to my car had to drive to my moms birthday party sat there and the physical and emotional symptoms are so severe this is so much worse than yesterday or the day before and it continues to increase even worse than back in Detox or in the hospital and I really don't know what to do or if I'm gonna make it? Please help me I'm going crazy. 

I'm on the verge of running to the hospital but I know all there gonna do is mess with the drug I'm on or try and put me on more drugs and it's these drugs that have made me so sick. I'm so scared it's so bad and I'm losing my mind. I really don't know what to do or if I'm gonna make it? 

Does Zoloft come in a liquid formula? You could get a prescription from your dr then and be exact.

Have you asked about that? I take Lexapro. It comes in liquid, so I get an exact dosage everyday and feel so much better.

You need to get a cylinder if not, you aren't getting exact amounts using a bottle.

But take deep breaths. If you can write about all of this, you can make it. No one is picking on you. We are cheering you on. Just trying to make your life easier.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Yes as far as the Zoloft I asked about the liquid and my insurance will not cover it and it's too expensive. 

I just dont understand why these symptoms continue to increase more and more everyday with no end in sight and it really is that bad and I'm really scared with how severe and how much they have changed and I don't know if it's Benzo WD Zoloft or a combination but I'm really holding on by a thread and don't know if I'm gonna survive this? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Maybe you should go to the hospital, and tell them all your symptoms. If you roll around in agony at home, that is how they need to see you so they get the full picture.  Get your mom to tell them how she sees you. The the only thing left for SA to try is to reduce  the  zoloft. by very very small amounts but you NEED the right equipment to do that. If you can't get what you need or don't have the ability to do this then this forum may not be the place for you. We are here to help people to get off drugs safely and it seems that you are not able to do this. We have to hand you back to your doctor because  you so badly need help that we can't give you. 

Every time you post like this it is very upsetting and draining for people reading those posts when we are powerless to help.  We all feel for you. You are begging for our help but we have no idea what you want from us. We have all shared what we know and tried our best to help you, but we can't  do this for you. YOU have to take control and if you can't do that you have to go to the doctor because we have exhausted all our knowledge and done everything possible for an online forum. You will get through this, you are suffering adverse effects from one drug and withdrawal from another, which results in an unstable nervous system but it will not kill you. Reducing the zoloft by a tiny amount will be pro active  and a start to helping yourself get better. Or you can stay as you are and see if a doctor can help. 

You can get a set of graduated cylinders here for just a few dollars delivered, or pop into a pharmacy, if you can't do that maybe your mom would get one for you. 

https://www.amazon.com/Pixnor-Measuring-Cylinder-Graduated-Test/dp/B019W5T4CS/ref=sr_1_3?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1500757134&sr=1- 3&keywords=graduated+cylinder

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I'm setting here at my moms birthday party know scared out of my mind ready to quit and give up. 

I was told about the 6 month wave and it was atypical to see dramatic increases in symptoms between month 6-9 and that improvement usually came somewhere in month 9-10 gradually but no sign of relief symptoms continuing to increase to levels higher than I've ever face before just over the last three days I've gotten so much worse than before and I'm really scared I'm completely losing it and on the verge of going over the edge. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry Maize but your excuses about not getting a graduated cylinder just don't cut it with me.

We've be telling you for 4 months.  FOUR MONTHS!!!

We've been trying to help you since you joined here BUT there are some things that you HAVE TO DO YOURSELF.

You have a mother who can see you suffering and wants to help you.  I am a mother of 2 children and I help them when I can if they are experiencing difficulties.  Getting a graduated cylinder is not very hard.  You are able to type long, descriptive posts here.  Graduated cylinders are available online and can be delivered to your door.  What is so hard about that?

The mods have been discussing that it may be time for you to make a reduction in your dose.

BUT YOU NEED TO GET A GRADUATED CYLINDER.

I'm so sorry I'm not trying to exhaust anyone or make any upset with me I wouldn't be here if I didn't need help and going back to the hospital where doctors will look at me like I'm crazy not believe me when I say these are drug induced symptoms and not the normal me and just either straight Detox me off another drug or put me on more drugs which neither is gonna help me at this point and these symptoms really are that severe and have increased and gotten so much worse I really am hanging on by a thread and don't know what to do or understand why this is still getting so much worse everyday. But something is gonna have to give and break soon or I want make it. 

I will talk to my mom today after her party and see if she can help me get a cylinder.

Is it normal to have this kinda wave or increase in symptoms after 9 months and to have them constantly get worse to this level of severity? 

I really feel like im completely losing my mind and between the physical pain and emotional torture this is the worst I have ever been and so very scary. Just when I think it can't get any worse it does. 

1 minute ago, maizeNblue81 said:

Yes as far as the Zoloft I asked about the liquid and my insurance will not cover it and it's too expensive. 

I just dont understand why these symptoms continue to increase more and more everyday with no end in sight and it really is that bad and I'm really scared with how severe and how much they have changed and I don't know if it's Benzo WD Zoloft or a combination but I'm really holding on by a thread and don't know if I'm gonna survive this? 

My dr had to fight with the insurance company to get my liquid Lexapro. Would your dr do that?

When I started on this website, I knew I wasn't going to make it. Go back and read my thread. I have a hemogima on my liver which Lexapro is making worse, but I'm taking supplements to help. I'm still on Xanax. I decided to taper lexapro 1st, then I had Xanax for panic attacks and such. But I've tapered off 5 meds before starting Lexapro. Very rough times.

Its been a long horrible road. I have been nauseaous most of the time. But when I got below a certain number on Lexapro, it has subsided for the most part.

I don't think you are getting an exact amount from a bottle. You really need a cylinder if you are going to do it right. Maybe your mom will help pay for it?

if you don't have kidney problems, try some ibuprofen. It might help a little. Just watch how much you take. Just try 1 a day for a couple of days and see if that helps.

You need to get your mind off of your problems. Do some searching for people tapering Zoloft. That's what I did with Lexapro and made a couple good friends that we talk (PM) with each other.

But I can tell you one thing, the more you write about your problems, the mods are going to get frustrated. Been there done that. Think of positive things to say. I go to therapy and have to write down 3 things that I'm greatful for everyday. It could be meaningless. Today I was thankful I got to bee with my fiancé, even though he had to help his brother. But I went over there so I'm thankful that I got to see his brother and sister in law. And I'm thankful that my fiancé went grocery shopping and bought lots of fruits and veggies. You need to try to eat things like that.

But see if your dr will fight the insurance company for liquid Zoloft. I think he has a pretty good case to work on.

As hard it is for me to say, keep breathing. Get your mind off of you, and it will get easier.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

No I don't think my doctor will fight for anything on my behalf cause he doesn't even want to talk to me about my symptoms and doesn't believe I'm stil going through benzo WD after being off it now 9 months and the last time I went we both got so frustrated with each other that the conversation lasted about 5 mins and he gave me a 6 month supply of refills and said I'll see you in 6 months bye.

so no help from the doctors so all I can do on that is see if my mom will help me get a cylinder.

and I'm not trying to get anyone frustrated at me I truly am desperate and these symptoms are truly getting that much worse than ever before and I don't have any help from doctors all I have is my mom and theirs only so much she can do and doesn't truly understand this so I'm at a loss and it's hard for me understand or deal with the fact that here I am 9 months off Benzos and not just suffering but the worst it's ever been. 

4 minutes ago, maizeNblue81 said:

No I don't think my doctor will fight for anything on my behalf cause he doesn't even want to talk to me about my symptoms and doesn't believe I'm stil going through benzo WD after being off it now 9 months and the last time I went we both got so frustrated with each other that the conversation lasted about 5 mins and he gave me a 6 month supply of refills and said I'll see you in 6 months bye.

so no help from the doctors so all I can do on that is see if my mom will help me get a cylinder.

and I'm not trying to get anyone frustrated at me I truly am desperate and these symptoms are truly getting that much worse than ever before and I don't have any help from doctors all I have is my mom and theirs only so much she can do and doesn't truly understand this so I'm at a loss and it's hard for me understand or deal with the fact that here I am 9 months off Benzos and not just suffering but the worst it's ever been. 

It's time to get a new dr that is there for you, but you have to go in and tell them what's going on. They might put you on something else to help, but, it's better than living like this isn't it?

Go to a mental health facility. They have therapists and psychiatrists that will help. And they do it on a sliding scale. I got some of my meds free when I lost my insurance. Then you can have therapy and a psychiatrist working together in the best interest of you.

Obviously your dr doesn't care about his patients, only the money.

• Moderator Emeritus

Frogie, even if Maize was able to get liquid Zoloft, he would still need to measure it accurately.  Dissolving a 100mg tablet in 100ml of water and removing a certain amount is an easy way to get the dose he requires.

The problem is that he is not using an accurate method to measure the 100ml of water.

As mammaP said:

"The the only thing left for SA to try is to reduce  the  zoloft. by very very small amounts but you NEED the right equipment to do that. If you can't get what you need or don't have the ability to do this then this forum may not be the place for you."

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

Frogie, even if Maize was able to get liquid Zoloft, he would still need to measure it accurately.  Dissolving a 100mg tablet in 100ml of water and removing a certain amount is an easy way to get the dose he requires.

The problem is that he is not using an accurate method to measure the 100ml of water.

As mammaP said:

"The the only thing left for SA to try is to reduce  the  zoloft. by very very small amounts but you NEED the right equipment to do that. If you can't get what you need or don't have the ability to do this then this forum may not be the place for you."

Very true. Don't cylinders cost around $5? 

Maize, instead of writing about all the bad stuff, why don't you contact the manufacturing company that makes liquid Zoloft and tell them your insurance won't cover the liquid. I did that and I got one of my meds for free for a year. I had to fill out paperwork and show income, but it was worth it.

But you have to have the right equipment to be able to get better. Listen to the mods. They are going through the same thing that you are, but also helping 1,000's of people on the forum.

I was like you when I 1st came on here, but today I got HUGE kudos from one of the mods for how well I've calmed down and started listening to them, and doing soooo much better. I'm going to make it! I still have a rough road, but I know what to expect now.

Well first thank you Froggie, mamma p, Ms Cat for responding to my post I'm very tankful for all your help and advice and do not take it for granted at all. And again I'm not trying to annoy anyone my condition has just become so severe I don't understand or know if I'm gonna survive this or if I'm gonna make it and it is very scary to be this bad and have my symptoms and condition worsened after 9 months off Xanex and holding around the same dose of Zoloft for as long as I have. 

As as far as my doctor no he doesn't care about me and doesn't either understand or acknowledge the severe symptoms these drugs can cause while taking them and after stopping the drug and how long and severe the recovery process is but I mean I didn't understand it either and has no clue about these drugs and had no idea this time last year when all this started that here I would be a year later even worse now than when I was then. I've just about lost everything! My kids my job my physical health has been affected just as much as my mind and it just keeps getting worse. 

As as far as finding a new doctor my insurance will only pay for three facilities here in my area. The first was the one that I had been seeing since 2012 when I  initially went in for help when I started having panic attacks and after 4 years 3 different AD and Xanex I was done with that place cause when these drugs stopped working and I ran into the nightmare that was Xanex they pretty much gave up on me and became useless even tried to tell me I had bi polar disorder and was wanting to put me on a antipsychotic when it was the drugs they prescribed and the way they were managed that was making me sick. 

Then in Detox I let my family and the crazy doctors there talk me into the Zoloft after being Detoxed CT from .75mg of Xanex and now I'm completely regretting it. It was the doctors there that said my symptoms weren't drug induced and just thought I was crazy when I said it was from the Xanex and even told me after a few weeks or a month or two I would be feeling better off Benzos what a crock. 

Then after the hospital bot wanting ting to go back to the first place that jacked me up and got me into all this trouble especially with Benzos I was recommended to the place I'm going to now by the hospital and that has been a complete waste of time as the main doctor there refuses to even discuss the reality that I'm suffering from horrific Benzo WD after 9 months and want help me or really talk to me at all.

There is only one other place here in my area that will take my insurance but I'm not holding out much hope that it will be any different than what I've already experienced and they will look at me like I'm crazy like everyone else when I say I'm still suffering symptoms and effects from Benzos after being off 9 months and it's heartbreaking knowing I can't really go anywhere and get help cause known of these doctor acknowledge or understand what I'm going through.

So I don't trust doctors very much after all this and don't have a whole lot of options to get help I mean even the hospital which was supposed to be the best in my area I went to literally looked at me like I was crazy said my symptoms were underlying issues and not WD or tolerance or adverse effects of all these drugs and the young doctor they assigned to me even literally every time I asked a question had to look it up online to get information about what I was trying to tell home and didn't have a clue.

So I'm really at a lose and doing everything I know to do to hang on but this wave continues to increase and has even gotten so much worse in the last few days to the point I can't set still I can't hardly think or function I can't hardly drive anymore I literally pace back and forth to the porch and back to my bed literally holding on for dear life feeling like I'm going completely insane and finally just completely losing my mind on top of the physical pain in my head.

as far as more drugs I don't think that's a good idea at all with all the crazy drugs I've been on and off of over the last year that's why I'm in this mess now and the Zoloft was a horrible choice and I tried to tell the doctor and my mom that back in the hospital but no one would listen and I'm paying for it now and more drugs just equals more suffering and my brain and CNS is already so damaged and confused that more drugs may harm more than help I I've been a ginney pig enough my brain has been destroyed by these drugs and I don't know if I'll even survive the benzo WD much less get off the Zoloft and adding more drugs is not what I want to do at all 

Maize:
I'm tapering zoloft too.  Mine is a powder in a capsule. I break open a 100 mg zoloft capsule and put it in a little jar. I put 100 ml of water in the jar. To get that amount of water, I use a graduated cylinder.  I got it from a science store.  (But, maybe you could even use a measuring cup if it is a good one?  Anyway, the important thing is that you 100 ml exactly.)

I put the lid on the jar.  Then I shake it really well.

Then, I use a syringe to draw out the amount I am tapering and put that water down the drain in the sink.  So, right now, I am at 75 ml, so I take out 25 ml using the cylinder then drink the rest.

I went to a compounding pharmacy and they sold me the syringe for next to nothing, like 50 cents or so.  They sell them online on eBay too.  This is the kind I use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-3ml-3-0cc-Luer-Lock-PP-Syringe-Accurate-Measuring-Brand-New-LW-/182304423787?epid=1750073114&hash=item2a7230bf6b:g:JCoAAOSwCGVX9gsm

They come in 3, 5, 10 ml -- and I bought a few of each.  I find right now the best one for me is the 10 ml one as it's more convenient as I have to draw out the water not as many times as I would have to with the 5.

This is what a graduated cylinder looks like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Karter-Scientific-213C2-Borosilicate-3-Glass-Graduated-Cylinder-3-Piece-of-10-/282569571742?hash=item41ca757d9e:g:TdMAAOSwf~9ZZxHR

Hope this helps.

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

Thank you me Madeline I do have a question though if my symptoms are this severe and a combination of severe major wave of Benzo WD and adverse effects from Zoloft is this gonna continue to get worse and be like it was when I was in tolerance WD from Xanex and had kindled? 

Is it gonna be be the same type of effect as I come off the Zoloft and the bad thing is with my sports bottle being inaccurate and not really knowing what dose I'm on other than it's less than 100mg where do I even start? 

This seems hopeless and my symptoms are already so severe I don't see any way out of this? 

I'm gonna try and see if my mom can order my cylinder from wal Marts web site tonight I think they said it would take 3-5 days to get it shipped to the closest store here and I think we saw the 100ml cylinders on there but I'll have to check again for sure but that's what I need right? 

• Moderator Emeritus

100ml cylinders - yes that's what you need.  Make sure it is 100 and not 1000, ie 2 zeros, not 3, one hundred, not one thousand.

Ok first I'm really scared now after the last few days I'm really doubting that I'm not gonna completely lose my mind and have a complete psychological breakdown and just give up and quit it's so bad. The physical are horrible and worse than they have ever been but this emotional wave of severe anxiety horrific DP/DR confusion and horrific evil cloud of intrusive thoughts and severe SU/HM ideation I feel like I'm all the way back at the beginning of not much much worse.

i went out to my car today to go to my moms birthday and didn't even realize what I was doing has to set in the car for 20 mins before I could get myself together enough to even drive 4 mins down the road and then I literally was just out on the porch shaking screaming out in complete physical and emotional pain to the point of throwing my coffee cup in complete agony and crying out to God to help me cause if not I don't know if I'm gonna make it literally feeling like I'm holding on for life and trying to survive for just one more second. This is how I felt in severe tolerance WD with Xanex and in right before I went into the hospital and my mom just came in and I just dropped to my knees at her feet crying out for help and all she could say is take me to the hospital and take me or detox me off the Zoloft too and just stay there till I get better but I would literally die and completely lose it to be detoxed off yet another drug and this is why I never wanted to be put back on another drug to begin with. This is crazy! Is this normal to get this severe after 9 months off Benzos and if the Zoloft is adding to my emotional suffering could I have kindled on it too and it's gonna be like coming off the Xanex all over again? I can't handle it this is so bad. I feel like I'm crawling out of my own skin and not gonna make it. 

as far as the cylinder my mom found one online and this is what it says 

25cm Height 100ml Transparent Plastic Graduated Cylinder 1 milliliter is this what I need?