SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

MaizeNblue81: Tapering Zoloft during severe acute Xanax WD

maizeNblue81

1 hour ago, maizeNblue81 said:

25cm Height 100ml Transparent Plastic Graduated Cylinder 1 milliliter is this what I need? 

Is this what I need? My mom is gonna order it for me and can anyone answer the question about my symptoms and how this has gotten so severe and has changed that much this far out? And is their a possibility the Zoloft has turned on me like the Xanex did and I've kindled on that med to and tapering off this is gonna be like tolerance WD form Xanex x 10? Cause that's the way my symptoms are now just as bad if not worse as it was right before Detox just much more severe 

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maizeNblue81

• ChessieCat

• JanCarol

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes that will be fine.   When you have it you need to pour the 100ml from the bottle into the cylinder to see how much is actually in there.

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Ok we are gonna order it today. 

Ive had another change in my symptoms that is concerning me besides the ones I've already mentioned and that's a massive uptick in extreme anxiety and major fatigue to where I'm laying hear and my mind wants to completely shut down but there is so much anxiety mixed with all the other symptoms that I feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack or crawling out of my own skin on top of the head pressure and physical and the severe increase in the emotional symptoms I've noticed this other kicking in big time over the last few days and the anxiety has not been this bad since the hospital so with all the increased symptoms and this added to it I'm not sure if it's the Zoloft or Benzo WD or a combination of both but these and all of these symptoms have doubled again over the last few days and that's the third increase I've noticed and change in symptoms since this wave hit at the end of month 6 so I don't understand and this is very scary I feel like I'm back to square one just worse. 

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

Oh and on top of everything else I've noticed changes in my vision over the last few days with this increase and change too so what is going on with me? 

Maize--  You're totally freaking yourself out is what is going on.  

There hasn't been a post from you in the past six months that didn't contain "I'm getting worse, I'm losing my mind, I can't last any longer".  Every skipped heartbeat, every ragged breath or unexpected blink is not a sign of insanity or death.  We've told you time and again that you're going through WD and having a reaction to the drugs and what to do about it.  The sooner you accept your situation and start to believe that you will heal the sooner you will start to get better.  As long a you insist on dwelling on every little tic as being the end of your life you will continue to slide deeper and deeper into the hole you've dug for yourself.  Get a grip man, you're destroying yourself with your own thoughts.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes Brass, I totally agree.  And it has a name, too.  Stinking Thinking.

There is plenty of information on the web about how to deal with Stinking Thinking.  Here was a fun way that I found:  http://idontstink.com/downloads/bonus/stinkin_thinkin_stinks.pdf

The main page of this site http://www.idontstink.com/ has a fun video explaining Stinking Thinking.  He then goes on to mention his book but the video helps in understanding what Stinking Thinking actually is.

Edited by ChessieCat
added additional link

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Ok I'm sorry just read these last two and I don't think it's stinking thinking at all. I understand I have said some of the same things but these symptoms are that severe continue to change and just when I think they can't get any worse they do wham another increase or change in the severity of this craziness and sometimes I think maybe they don't believe me or think I'm over exaggerating how much and how many times all this has changed and continues to get worse after 9 months but it does. A major wave hit right at the end of month 6, again at the beginning of month 8 and yet again now into month 9 over the last 3-4 days and it's hard not to talk about your symptoms or have stinking thinking as you say when it has become so severe I feel like I'm having a psychotic breakdown and I'm sacred and all I can do is literally think about killing myself every second of every day now and it was no where near this bad two months ago. 

So I'm sorry if im bothering anyone or my stinking thinking is getting on your nerves but I come here for help not to get made fun of cause none of this is funny to me and im being very serious about the level or intensity of these symptoms and how they continue to get worse and it's not stinking thinking it's what these drugs have done to my brain so I'm sorry looking for help not to get made fun of at all. 

Ordering the cylinder tonight so I should have it in a few days 

• Moderator Emeritus

We are trying to help you to understand that how you think can affect how you feel.

I realise that when you feel bad it is hard not to think negatively (we do it when we have a simple cold and are all stuffed up and we keep saying oh I feel sick, I can't breathe, etc, or when we feel tired and keep saying I feel so tired), but continuing to think negatively just makes your thoughts spiral down even further and that adds stress which then makes you feel even worse. Stress slows healing.  Learning ways to calm yourself and to think more positive thoughts can help you to stay afloat (a rope to hold onto during the times when you suffering.  It isn't going to fix all of the issues but it can certainly help and is something that you have some control over.

So instead of saying I feel this or I feel that, you reword it and say "At the moment I feel this but hopefully I'll soon feel a bit better".

I know it sounds over-simplistic and you don't have to actually believe what you are saying but it takes your thinking from absolute doom and gloom and not being able to see a way out to being less defeatist and helps to give yourself some hope.

Our minds are very open to suggestion.  If we watch a program and there is a scene with ice, snow and wind, quite often we start to feel cold or at least a bit cooler.

JanCarol posted months ago that you were digging yourself a hole, and that you needed to stop digging.  You started off in a hole when you joined here and by repeating your symptoms you have continued to dig that hole so now it is very deep.  If you can stop digging (accept the situation) and look up (change your perspective - your thinking) then you will most probably start to feel a bit better.  As I said, it's not going to solve everything, but any bit of reprieve (even if only for a short time) from what you are going through is going to help you to heal.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

And just so you know that you aren't the only member to whom we make the suggestion to learn to accept and float go to this link:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/3-introductions-and-updates/&_fromLogin=1

and type "float" in the search box at the top right of the page.

Edited by ChessieCat

• Mentor

no one is making fun of you Maize, we are all trying desperately to help you.

how you think and what you focus on DOES make a huge difference in how you feel.

for just say, 5 mins, focus on something GOOD that has happened. See how that makes you feel. do this a little bit each day and you will be amazed at how that good feeling grows.

UNLESS of course, you WANT to feel bad...

;-)

as ChessieCat says, changing your thinking won't make EVERYTHING better, but it WILL relieve some of your suffering, and SOME is a lot better than none, right?

there is a lot that YOU can do to help yourself feel better. You have a lot more control than you know.

really, at this point, everything that can be done FOR you, has been done. it really is up to you now.

that may seem like a scary thing but the fact is, there is a lot of FREEDOM that comes with realizing that your healing is, to a certain extent, under your own control

you don't have to depend on others, who can be unreliable at times. you dont' have to look outside yourself for help, you just need to look to yourself and your own strengths

you have a lot of strengths and a lot of energy, you just need to focus them better and more positively.

Sadly it's often the "squeaky wheel that gets the grease"- the complainer that gets the attention.

My feeling is that this leads a lot of ppl to believe that the only way to get attention is to "squeak squeak squeak"

To complain and complain and complain- and they fear if they give that up, no one will be there for them. They are afraid that if they admit that things are not quite all that bad, or that some things have gotten better, that ppl won't be there for them as they travel the rest of the way thru the things that are still not great.

but you don't have to worry about that here.

in this forum, we celebrate the successes, any move in a positive direction, we rally around those people who are making strides and starting to feel better.

we cheer them on and share their happiness or just relief, at the symptoms starting to get better.

it's a long hard road, and we need to be here for each other thru it all.

and for the most part, that is what happens here.

try to let go of your worries and realize that you are strong enough to get thru this, you've gotten this far!

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
On 2017-06-24 at 2:17 PM, pinkfairy said:

Hi maize....am so sorry your truly suffering!!am in the same boat as you...thrashing An fighting myself through this madness!am dealing with 3 lots of WD an I admit am in hell...An like you I want to throw in the towel.your like me,your wanting some one just to take the pain away...

this isn't you it's the WD talking...

just for the next five minutes go lay down stick your head phones in,go on you tube...look up baylissa Fredrick An put her video on...keep repeating it over An over the same video!!do not let these pharmaceutical complains win...

i don't care if you have to crawl please just get down on your hands An knees with me An let's crawl together???

theres a finish line,An we are going to get to it...no storm lasts forever!

oh An get some ice as what shep quoted An put it under your neck near the base of your skull...An put baylisa,s track on...

believe me I so know how you feel,with the same old OCD thoughts.its draining...

but inside you is YOU...when you can also fill a bowl of freezing cold water up,An put your whole face into it...believe me what ever negative thoughts your thinking will soon stop :) the shock of the cold is unreal...please just go do these An pause your hamster wheel in your head for five minutes...

first thing in a morning.as soon as your eyes open Louise hay positive affirmations on you tube,you won't believe them but it's positive stuff going in...

were feeding the wrong wolf with the wrong things....

i know you can do this,I believe in you ❤️

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

Hey Maize you def have a severe wd syndrome,  yes it can get worse this far out , yes new symptoms can come , this pattern can continue,  a cold turkey Benzo wd can be very severe and long lasting,  it can be 2-3 tough years and symptoms usually get worse before they get better.  But the good news is , it does get better.  And eventually they fully go away.

Goodluck to you,  listen to the mods and be as strong as you can . It won't be easy but you can do it .

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Ok I'm sorry I'm not trying to be a squeaky wheel as you say my symptoms really are that bad and have become that much more severe now and I wouldn't be on here if I didn't need help and wasn't literally setting here hanging on by a thread to the last bit of sanity I have left. 

This is is the third increase or major wave and change in my condition since the end of month 6 and I'm just trying to understand what's happening to me or what's causing this and survive this nightmare. Ive went from suffering but able to push through and even work to now literally feeling like I'm having a full on psychological breakdown on top of the physical pain and pressure in my head becoming so much worse and literally set here doing my best to not give up and end it all so I'm not exaggerating anything and the reason I come here is because I have no help or support from doctors and not much from my family other than my mom but she really doesn't understand or know what to do so I'm lost and never imagined I would ever be going through something like this and knowing I don't have all the answers that's why I come here because I need help and I explain my symptoms because of how severe they how and how much they have changed this last time even in the last week. 

And isn't even the half of it on top of all the stuff I'm going through I just found out today that my ex and the mother of my child has developed a severe cocaine addiction that she had been hiding from me and everyone else and now has been put in rehab somewhere in Alabama so it's all on me to take care of my youngest and make sure she is safe for know when I can't even hardly take care of myself this is crazy and just made things a lot worse and put even more pressure on me and my parents who are going to have to help me because of the condition I'm in. 

So long stort short I'm not trying to annoy anyone or get on anyone's neveres or be a squeaky wheel this has really gotten that bad and if it hadn't I wouldn't be on her asking for help! 

My cylinder is ordered so I will let everyone know as soon as I get it in and that's another thing that scares me is having to come off yet another drug in the midst of all this 

• Mentor

I'm so sorry about your daughter and her mom, Maize, that's really tough

I'm glad you've got your mom there to help you out

you are going to get thru this, ok?

I have no clue how to help you.

but please know that I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts and praying that things settle down for you soon.

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Honestly I don't know if I'm going too or not? My symptoms have become so severe I feel like I'm completely having a psychotic breakdown as on top of the physical pain in my head the mood and emotional symptoms have went to such a dark evil place that I'm really worried and scared at this point. I'm not trying to keep complaining about my symptoms but they really have changed and increased to the level before and right after Detox I'd not worse and I literally feel like I'm holding on to the last bit of sanity left and I don't even recognize me in there anywhere anymore and th intrusive dark evil thoughts the severe SU/HM ideation has slammed me so bad again it's like that's what my mind is set on and I can't snap out of it.

This is why I ask questions and talk about my symptoms because they truly have become that much more severe and it is literally scaring me half to death that my mind would be so filled with torture and torment that it's all I can do to hold on one more second not even day and I don't understand if this is still major wave of Benzo WD or the Zoloft turning on me but this is crazy I just told my mom I can't even set down and eat a bowl of spaghetti o's without having all this pain and evil in my head consume and enjoy my food. 

And I have to say all this with my ex is Getting to me bad come to find out she has been spending all her time and money with certain people on cocaine and when she's dropped my daughter off here that's where she's been going and when she has been in her care she has either left her at her brothers or her sisters and going out every night now for several months getting all druged out and has even shown up here several times telling me she had no money needing help with gas and cigs and she was broke cause she couldn't get her jobs to pay here and they keep screwing her on her check and I would help her even have her my last dime this past week cause she said she didn't even have enough gas to get to work and the whole time she was out spending all her money on cocaine this is crazy! 

I just had had my daughter who is with me now obviously on a more permanent basis ask me a bunch of questions that honestly I couldn't answer about her mom and when I confronted her mom today who apparently is either on her way to rehab or already there about it through text her only reply was please don't take my baby from me and that broke my heart and all this after she just came up here Saturday crying and saying she was getting ready to have a nervous breakdown and wouldn't tell me why even needed help changing a flat tire and as sick as I am and as much as I'm suffering I got out there and helped her and now knowing all this it just makes everything worse cause now I have full responsibility of my daughter when I can't even take care of myself her mom has been lying to me and using me for months knowing full well what I'm going through and now I have to explain to a 10 why her mom isn't gonna be coming around for awhile and I don't know what to say to her and this really does break my heart and added so much more stress to what I'm already going through! 

Is it normal to have this severe and change in symptoms physical symptoms and emotional symptoms this far out? Is this Benzo WD or Zoloft or a combination of both because with the physical pain and pressure in my head the severity of the confusion DP/DR and intrusive thoughts and the slamming fatigue nausea and extreme levels of anxiety now I really feel like this is it and I'm completely losing my mind and with my ex added to this I don't know if I can handle it? 

I feel like I'm crawling out of my own skin I can't breath can't think and with the severity of my symptoms and my own personal hell I can't even begin to wrap my head around my ex that's just crazy! 

Y'all I really need help. I'm not trying to overstate or exaggerate my symptoms or my condition but this just keeps getting worse and I'm losing hope more and more everyday.

like I said my symptoms have increased yet again now into months 9 and on top of the extreme severe head pressure and physical symptoms symptoms in my brain I feel so physically sick nauseous with extreme levels of anxiety and fear, horrific confusion completely disoriented DP/DR and the emotional wave the severe dark evil intrusive thoughts and SU/HM ideation I feel like I'm really completely losing it now on the verge of having a complete psychotic breakdown and completely losing my mind and either ending up back in the hospital were they will put me in a straight jacket and try and shove more drugs down my throat or even worse. 

Im so sorry I'm not trying to bother anyone but this has really gotten that bad and I don't know if this is Benzo WD or Zoloft or a combination of the two but this is crazy to be this bad and have this severe of symptoms after all I've already been through and I don't know what to do? 

The situation with my ex is not helping either haven't heard from her at all the last two days and I here she is own her way to a rehab facility but not for sure and my mind as messed up as it is can't really put it all together or even completely understand the depth or reality of what has happened and what she's been doing and it all breaks my heart to see this happen to her and the fact she has chosen this path especially for my daughter as now her mother is addicted to cocaine and God knows what else and here I am can't even take care of myself and trying not to go crazy and survive from one second to the next so I'm really scared and this is really getting to me all of it. 

My condition these crazy increasing symptoms and my ex and my daughter it's nuts. 

My symptoms don't make since to me at all how they can change and become so much more severe after 9 months of it's Benzo WD and if it's Zoloft I'm still waiting on my cylinder and I'm really scared now after being on this 9 months what coming off this drug is gonna add to all this as I tried to figure it up and if I do 10% every 4 weeks it will still take 6-8 months to get completely off it and I really don't even know what dose I'm on now? 

Is any of this normal? Is this gonna get worse? Am I really losing my mind? 

• Moderator Emeritus

So that we can work out what dose you are currently taking, when you get your graduated cylinder you will need to fill your sports bottle to the 100ml line like you do at the moment (only water, no tablet) and then pour that water into the graduated cylinder.  You may need to use a funnel so that you don't spill any water.  Please do not try and measure it any other way.  Please state the amounts clearly when you post, otherwise it will be very confusing.

The information we need you to post is:

What amount are you currently removing with a syringe?  Please state total mls removed, not the number of syringes.

What is the measurement on the graduated cylinder after you have measured the 100ml in the sports bottle and poured it into the cylinder?

We need clear and accurate information so we can calculate your current dose.

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, brassmonkey said:

Maize--  You're totally freaking yourself out is what is going on.  

There hasn't been a post from you in the past six months that didn't contain "I'm getting worse, I'm losing my mind, I can't last any longer".  Every skipped heartbeat, every ragged breath or unexpected blink is not a sign of insanity or death.  We've told you time and again that you're going through WD and having a reaction to the drugs and what to do about it.  The sooner you accept your situation and start to believe that you will heal the sooner you will start to get better.  As long a you insist on dwelling on every little tic as being the end of your life you will continue to slide deeper and deeper into the hole you've dug for yourself.  Get a grip man, you're destroying yourself with your own thoughts.

brilliant advice and wisdom ,we got to get control of our minds and thoughts ,as Eckhart tolle says "the addiction to thinking "

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Ok I have confirmation that my cylinder will be here on August 4 th which is a week from Friday until then I will continue to fill my sport bottle up as close as I can every night to the 100ml line and then WD 1 10ml syringe pour that out then drink the rest like I have been doing.

As far as my symptoms they seem to still be getting worse. I have now twice in the last week had flashbacks of being back in the first few months out of the hospital and being so severe I would literally lay on the floor at my mommas feet crying or out on the porch crying and rocking back and forth with all the physical pain and emotional symptoms being so severe and that happened again tonight and I feel like I'm all the back to square one after 9 months and that scares me and is very discouraging 

This will get better, maize. Just go on and try not to scare yourself. I had also something similar first year out. I was always worrying I might be only one little step from going psychotic. I never went psychotic though. It is only your anxiety speaking. Your rational mind is pretty intact, it will keep it. Dont worry. Buy some icecream or chocolate and enjoy todays day. It is beautiful weather outside.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Ok I really and losing hope and I'm trying so hard but my symptoms just continue to increase and become so much more severe both the physical and emotional symptoms now into the 2 me week of month 9 and I feel like I'm completely losing my mind at this point and so much fear, panic and anxiety is setting in with no end in sight! 

The worst continues to be the constant pressure pain burning numbness and tightening in my head that is literally driving me insane and has gotten so bad I can't hardly function and these emotional symptoms are off the charts crazy! Severe confusion completely disoriented feeling completely detached from myself and the reality of the world around me DP/DR literally feeling like I'm crawling out of my own skin and having a psychotic breakdown and the horrible intrusive thoughts are bad and constant now I can't think straight and about all I can do is lay down and hold on for dear life and that's hard horrific insomnia now nausea and just physically sick and with all the pressure in my head and the straight burning in my brain I can't get easy with extreme anxiety I can't breath and feel like I'm losing it! 

2 months ago I was suffering but working and able to push through now I'm so bad I don't even know if this was this bad during Detox or the first few months of WD and literally like taking 10 steps back after all I've already been through it's scaring me and so very discouraging I feel like I'm on the verge of completely losing it or being but back in the hospital! 

I'm still holding on Zoloft and waiting on my graduated cylinder to get started with that but this is insane and I don't know what's Benzo WD or what the Zoloft is adding to this but I don't know how much longer I can hold on at this rate? 

Also my heart is very broken and to make matters worse I just found out My Ex has apparently gotten herself in very deep into cocaine which o could have never imagined in a million years and it was so bad now she's in a Detox facility somewhere in Alabama and it wasn't just the drugs but so much more that honestly I can't even speak about but now I'm looking at having my daughter full time and I can't even hardly take are of myself! It breaks my heart and I literally almost lost it last night after finding all this out that my daughter apparently was with at times when she was doing this and would literally be in the same house as her mother and the people she was getting this stuff from and doing this with was in the back room with the door locked doing this crap! I can't believe it this is crazy! So now Monday I'm gonna have to call the attorney who processed our divorce last spring too now file papers concerning permanent and full custody and a revised parenting plan due to all this mess cause up until now it was joint and also see what my options are in getting a restraining order against and your not gonna believe this but apparently she was getting this stuff and these drugs not only with my daughter right there but it was the parents of my stepdaughters or former stepdaughter boyfriend it's crazy! 

So all things things considered I don't know what I'm gonna do as my condition continues to get worse and I don't even understand that 9 months off Benzos and this nightmare continues now I got to deal with this! I'm losing if! 

Do any of these symptoms sound normal at all and could the Zoloft be making all this worse and have turned on my? I just don't know and I hear your supposed to wait at least a year to taper the AD after being off Benzos but this is so bad and I'm freaking out!

The head pressure and physical pain and symptoms in my brain are unbearable now and getting worse I don't know how much more I can handle?

Ok not much response or support from my last post and I feel like I'm losing it and losing all hope this is crazy! 

My symptoms continue to increase both the physical pain and pressure in my head and this emotional wave of suffering and it's gotten to the point I can't hardly do anything other than lay in bed and suffer feeling like I'm losing my mind! 

I received my graduated cylinder the other day but have felt so bad I've been doing good to keep going with my sports bottle and measuring it that way and now I'm having a lot of people tell me that with me symptoms being so severe I may want to hold even longer on the Zoloft when I'm still not sure if it's really just making me worse or not? 

On top of that the more I find out about my ex wife the more I don't wanna know and still trying to get an attorney to deal with that when I can't even take care of myself and feel like I'm losing my mind and just getting worse and not better! 

This is crazy 9 months off Xanex and still getting worse it's a nightmare and a battle I feel like I'm not gonna win! 

• Moderator Emeritus
50 minutes ago, maizeNblue81 said:

Ok not much response or support from my last post

The information has already been provided to you many times so therefore no response.  The mods are human beings and volunteers and we are dealing with our own withdrawal and life issues.  Moderating on SA can be very stressful and we have to make our own health our top priority.  Therefore we don't continue to repeat ourselves when a member has been given the information.  There are also many other members on SA who need the mods' assistance.

51 minutes ago, maizeNblue81 said:

now I'm having a lot of people tell me that with me symptoms being so severe I may want to hold even longer on the Zoloft

I assume that by "a lot of people" you are getting advice elsewhere.  The mods at SA have been waiting for you to get the graduated cylinder so that you can try a very small reduction to see how things go.  We need the information requested above.  That is:

On 27/07/2017 at 7:44 AM, ChessieCat said:

The information we need you to post is:

What amount are you currently removing with a syringe?  Please state total mls removed, not the number of syringes.

What is the measurement on the graduated cylinder after you have measured the 100ml in the sports bottle and poured it into the cylinder?

We need clear and accurate information so we can calculate your current dose.

Until you can provide the requested information, there is nothing more we can help you with.

And instead of posting questions to which we have already responded please read through the responses we have already provided.

I'm trying so hard to hold on but 9 months off that evil drug and I'm worse now than I have ever been and losing hope more and more everyday! 

The head pressure numbness burning and physical pain in my head has increased even over the last 24 hours and it literally feels like my head is gonna explode and I can't even hardly get out of my bed much less function at all this is crazy! 

The emotional symptoms are so severe I feel like I'm losing my mind and having a psychotic breakdown on top of the physical pain in my head and yes I'm still on the Zoloft but I've been holding on it now for over 4 months and it just keeps getting worse! 

I don't know what to do or how much longer I can hold on? On top of my condition worsened and all the crazy going on with my ex I had to go today and sign parental control over to my parents and my sister cause school is starting back up and I can't even function of take care of myself much less them! 

I'm really scared and after 9 months don't see this getting any better anytime soon and wander if I will ever heal?

i have to get my refill today of Zoloft so I will try and get the measurements that you need for the graduated cylinder as soon as I can 

Ok so I measured the water from my sports bottle to the cylinder and it was probably closer at 82mg from were I was measuring from the sports bottle maybe just a slight bit above the 100ml line and when I pored it into the cylinder somewhere around 82ml is the closet or most accurate measurement but I still don't know 100%? So that's that and I have been taking out 1 10ml syringe every night so whatever that comes out too minus the one 10ml syringe.

Im really scared and don't know what to do? My symptoms have even increased over the past few days to where I feel like I'm back to this time last year before the hospital in severe tolerance WD from Benzos. 

The head pressure burning numbness and tightening and physical pain in my head has increased as well as extreme nausea insomnia, extreme anxiety and the emotional symptoms are just as bad now as they were in the history and the first few months of WD and I'm really scared of what's gonna happen as I reduce the dose of Zoloft and how much worse this is gonna get cause I'm barley holding on as it is and feel like I'm completely losing my mind! 

Is is it possible I've reached tolerance on the Zoloft as well and this is added to the severe Benzo WD wave making me so sick? 

Ok so I just measured it again and to get it right on the 100ml line on the sports bottle it hit right at 80ml on the cylinder so somewhere between 80-82ml is where I'm at transferring from the sports bottle to the cylinder and then like I said I have been taking 1 10ml syringe out at night

I'm so confused I don't know where I'm at with this please help cause I'm losing it and don't know what to do with this? 

I don't want to go up in the dose and I'm trying to be as accurate as I can with this but all this is scaring me these symptoms getting worse and the Zoloft and tapering off this it's a nightmare! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Showing my maths here so others can double check it please.

Current measurements:

80ml with 100mg      ratio of 1 : 1.25       1ml of liquid = 1.25mg

10ml extracted from 80ml     70ml x 1.25mg = 87.5mg dose

Using graduated cylinder to get 87.5mg dose:

100ml with 100mg     ratio 1 : 1       1 ml of liquid = 1mg

Extract 12.5ml (= 10ml + 2.5ml) from 100ml to get 87.5mg dose.

Ok so if I stick with that I would be at 87.5mg? 

I don't even know if that's 100% accurate but close ok sure every night after measuring I'm off a few ml here and there the way I've been doing it but 80ml is pretty close I think. 

So what what do I need to do? 

Im gonna set it at 80ml and withdraw 1 10ml syringe for tonight but moving forward knowing my symptoms what is the best thing for me to do? 

Its so bad and my symptoms seem to be getting worse and it's so hard to tell what is Zoloft and what is still Benzo WD outside of the head pressure that I know is Benzo related? 

Im so confused and this is the worst level of increase since the first few months out and seems to be getting worse to the point I don't know if I will survive this or what to do here? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Start using the graduated cylinder (don't use the sports bottle any more) and:

measure 80ml in the graduated cylinder and remove 10ml - this will keep you at the same concentration of liquid and therefore the same dose.

Once we have confirmation, you can then change over to measuring 100ml and removing "x" amount from that.  BUT NOT YET!

Ok I'll hold there till you tell me 

• Moderator Emeritus

A thank would be nice. ;)

I'm sorry and I do thank you for all your help and support! 

Not functioning very well right now symptoms are getting worse 

I know I've posted a few times and said this before but I'm really scared and my symptoms continue to increase and are getting so much worse! Even over the last few days they have elevated and become so much more intense to where I'm literally hanging on by a thread and can not breath or even function at all! 

On top of the severe pressure burning numbness tightness and physical pain in my head which continues to get worse and increases it seems on a daily basis just over the last few days extreme nausea, insomnia, and extreme levels of anxiety have kicked in to the point of having actually panic attacks and felling that panicked feeling like I'm suffocating and can't not breath and like I'm gonna pass out which it has not been to this level since before Detox and is getting so bad I can not eat hard to sleep or rest distraction is not working in complete misery and torment almost to the pacing terror I was in before the hospital it's crazy! 

And these emotional symptoms continue to increase as well extreme confusion, DP/DR, horrific intrusive thoughts a complete non reality state in constant suffering with no end feeling like I'm losing my mind and I'm trying to hold on but this is getting really bad and I haven't had a panic attack up till this point but the anxiety and fear is taking over and I can feel it coming on big time! 

The problem is I don't know what to do cause I've been off Xanex now 9 months and since the end of month 6 this has continued to get so much worse and I was out on Zoloft in the hospital of course I didn't know what I know now and after 9 months on that mess I really don't know what is Benzo WD and what is Zoloft it's really scaring me and I don't know what to  do?

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, maizeNblue81 said:

Not functioning very well right now

I was very disappointed that you had not thanked me and I shouldn't have had to ask for thanks.  As mentioned previously the mods are humans too and even though my own tapering is going well, I am still having to deal with withdrawal and general life issues.  I had taken time out of my weekend to make the calculations and then responded to your question about what you should be doing now.  Many mods and members have also responded to your posts in the past and we have had to ask for thanks.  You have continually been managing to post long, detailed posts about your symptoms even when "not funtioning very well" and I think that it is very rude that you can't respond with a simple thank you when someone posts.  In the real world would you thank someone for providing you with information or help?  In the real world, if a person I was trying to help didn't thank me I would get to the stage where I wouldn't want to help them anymore.  This may be the internet, but it is still interacting with real people with real feelings.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 03/08/2017 at 7:48 AM, ChessieCat said:

And instead of posting questions to which we have already responded please read through the responses we have already provided.

I'm so sorry I wasn't thinking about that and never meant to hurt your feelings not my intentions at all! 

Im glad your taper is going well and that your coping ok but Ms Cat I am really suffering and my symptoms continue to increase and get so much worse I feel like I'm losing my mind and not gonna survive this at all!

When I post about my symptoms it is because of the severity and increased or changes in them and I don't understand after 9 months off that evil drug and holding around the same dose of Zoloft now for over 4 my condition still continues to get so much worse even over the last few days they have increased and it's not that I'm not greatful because I am very much so and don't know what I would do without your support and help and I wasn't trying to be rude or ungrateful I haven't even been able to hardly get out of my bed for 3 days now and the symptoms have increased so much so I just got up washed the dishes and had to come right back and lay it's so bad and just laying here I feel like I'm finally losing it both with the physical and the emotional symptoms are just getting  so much worse and two months ago I was working! This is crazy and I'm very very greatful for all your help but it is really that bad and I'm scared and don't know what to do? 

I did what you asked keeping it at the 80ml for now WD 1 10ml syringe and I will do so until further and instructed and I wanted to update everyone on my symptoms to help me figure out what is Benzo what is Zoloft and if it's good to taper the Zoloft and by how much with the continuing increase and level of these symptoms it's so very severe and I'm literally hanging by a thread! 

So so thank you very very much for all your help I do appreciate very very much 

oh oh and it's not just these symptoms or the WD or the Zoloft and I understand about life issues adding to all this I'm still dealing my ex and all she's done and a attorney and the kids starting back to school and like I said it's been so bad I literally had to sign a piece of paper giving control of my kids to my parents and my sister cause I'm so sick so that's what's going on with me and again I'm sorry