MaizeNblue81: Tapering Zoloft during severe acute Xanax WD

maizeNblue81

• Moderator Emeritus

To search this site for information on antibiotics I used google and typed in survivingantidepressants.org antibiotics.

cipro-levaquin-azithromycin-z-pack-and-other-antibiotics

Hey Maize:

I'm getting a pretty sever sinus infection that has just come on the last day or so, so could that be making my symptoms worse? 

This might be an opportunity for your head pressure to release.  

In traditional herbal medicine, in order to treat a symptom, we choose a substance that makes it worse to hasten the healing.  You may come out on the other side of this infection with a shift in symptoms.

If you have a sinus infection, this is no time to taper.  

It IS time to take menthol and eucalyptus steam for your sinuses, rest.  Sit in the sun to dry up the infection.

Do you think I should start measuring now with the syringe and measuring cup to make it more accurate and if so how "would I do that?"

This has already been asked and answered in previous post/s, that is whilst still on 87.5mg keep measuring the same way you have been doing.  When you do your next dose drop you will change the way you measure, see this post.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maizeNblue81

• ChessieCat

• JanCarol

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

With this sinus infection I just wandered if the uptick and severity of my symptoms were made worse by this infection coming on and if so is it safe to take a round of antibiotics cause that's usually what I do when it gets this bad?

Maize, Chessie just linked the antibiotics thread to you in her post here, but I want to give a bit more information specific to those dealing with benzo withdrawal. 

Even though you are off benzos, you still are at risk for severe complications if you use fluoroquinolone antibiotics. 

Important information about benzos and fluoroquinolone antibiotics:

Fluoroquinolone antibiotics affect the same receptors cites as benzos. Many people have severe setbacks. 

Here is more information:

http://www.saferpills.org/

And for people with current or even prior benzo use, they are particularly dangerous - 

Benzodiazepine tolerance, dependency, and withdrawal syndromes and interactions with fluoroquinolone antimicrobials

Here's a list of the fluoroquinolone antibiotics which should be avoided if possible during withdrawal and well after: 

Fluoroquinolone antibiotics

Because of this, I have fluoroquinolone listed as an "allergy" so I won't be given it. There are many other older antibiotics that have much safer profiles.

I'm hoping that you can do what JanCarol suggested - "menthol and eucalyptus steam for your sinuses, rest.  Sit in the sun to dry up the infection."

I had several severe colds in the months after my rapid Klonopin taper, but I was able to use strong peppermint oil and use steam to help with the congestion. Luckily, mine didn't turn into an infection. 

I hope you feel better soon. Having a cold or sinus infection on top of withdrawal is a miserable feeling, but it's temporary.

You will feel better. 

Ok so I need to keep everything the same with the Zoloft right atleast for a few more weeks until this infection passes or gets better is what I'm hearing and it sounds like I'd be better off just riding the infection out getting plenty of rest and drinking plenty of fluids instead of taking antibiotics on top of all the other due to the risk of adverse reaction with still being in acute benzo WD?

I woke up this morning and I feel horrible my whole face and forehead are numb and their is so much pressure and pain in my head I can't hardly stand up and honestly it feels like I have the flu and I know it's a sinus infection on top of all this cause I've been blowing chunks of infection out of my nose since last night my troat is scratchy and sore my body feels extremely weak and wore down and it's hard to breath. So yeah it's bad and it is a miserable feeling.

I did look at the antibiotics chart and I didn't see amoxicillin which is what I would normally take but at this point is it better to stay away from the antibiotics and just ride it out? These infections don't just normally go away so I don't know what to do?

Can I take ibuprofen or NyQuil? Is anything safe right now? This is miserable

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

What about sudafed or anything over the counter? Also on another note with the way I'm measuring just filling the sports bottle up to 100ml I don't know if it's completely accurate every night either cause sometimes it's a tad bit over and sometimes it's right on the line so is that a big deal? When we were trying to figure all this out before it was always between 7.6-8ml every time I checked it so it's a little off with the bottle and want be completely accurate until I drop and switch to using the syringe and measuring cup. Is this gonna effect anything?

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

• Moderator Emeritus

Hold the zoloft, and see the doctor about the sinus infection. I take amoxycillin when I rarely need antibiotics, it is the onlynone I am ok with. Menthol inhalation is really good. Get some menthol crytals and put a very tiny amount in a bowl of hot water, breathe in the steam with a towel over your head like a tent, for 10 minutes. Be vaery careful that the bowl is on  table because the water will scald if it spills, and keep your face about a foot away from the bowl. Sudafed might be ok, but I wouldn't take it, it makes me ill but others can take it. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Ok so holding the Zoloft and ask about amoxicillin and sudafed might not be such a good idea. Ok got I'll ask my doctor and let everyone know about the amoxicillin I'm just scared after reading all that on antibiotics if it making things worse but this infection is bad and I didn't see amoxicillin on the list of that type of antibiotics not to take

Another thing I've noticed today along with this sinus infection and feeling physically sick is severe head pressure and burning especially on the right side of my head in my forehead and in my right temple down the right side of my head down into my neck along my with major fatigue and body aches my vision is all off and the psych symptoms and intrusive thoughts are off the wall and crazy today and it feels like my brain has gone haywire and everything has gotten so much worse could it be this infection or a wave or both?

Any drug taken is a toxin to the system .If you can build your immune system first then you are less likely to need drugs - be it over the counter or anything else. The less you take in the more the body has a chance to heal naturally.  There are natural alternatives - try putting some tea tree or eucalyptus oil in a bowl with steamed water and a towel over your head. There are also saline sprays which can be helpful.  If you can look for the drug free alternative it will be less of a load at a time when your system is sensitive.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I had not read Jan Carol's recommendation about menthol until now but obviously we are on the same page.  There are also Neti pots that can apparently help with this kind of thing. After all you have been through - isn't it wise to choose a natural route if at all possible ?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Ok well I feel I little better today than two days ago as far as my sinus infection goes. It's still their and I guess it's the seasons changing and all the pollen I'm the air but I have not taking anything for it just plenty of water and orange juice for now.

As far as the rest goes I'm really losing hope that I'm ever gonna get better or things are gonna improve at this point. I have not changed anything with the Zoloft holding on that as recommended but my symptoms just keep getting worse and I don't understand?

The head pressure numbness burning and physical pain in my brain has not improved at all and is actually getting worse and not better and last night my anxiety was so high I couldn't sleep and felt like I was going into a panic attack and couldn't breath and I haven't felt that in awhile.

On top of that the extreme fatigue and emotional symptoms confusion and intrusive thoughts are all getting worse too and I don't know what to do cause this is crazy.

I know the head pressure is benzo WD but the rest I can't tell what's benzo related and what the Zoloft is causing but I feel like on top of the physical pain in my head I'm losing it and going crazy emotionally and my brain is all over the place today.

Am I ever gonna heal? Is this ever gonna get better? 5 months and no improvement and I still have the Zoloft to deal with.

I don't understand why are my symptoms getting even worse? Right now my head feels like it's gonna burst and like it's on fire with all the pain and pressure and I actually have a pounding migraine on top of it. The emotional symptoms are really getting and again SU/HM ideation and intrusive thoughts and the anxiety is getting so bad I think I'm having minor panic attacks which hasn't happened till now.

Is this benzo WD? Is this the Zoloft? Is this sinus infection making it worse? I just don't understand I haven't even done anything with the Zoloft in over 6 weeks now what's happening to me?

I know everyone gets tired of me talking about it but tonight it's so bad it's got me on my knees face in the floor crying and screaming out in pain. This is bad and I'm losing hope. How could this be after 5 months?

• Moderator Emeritus

Maize,

Is this benzo WD? Is this the Zoloft? Is this sinus infection making it worse? I just don't understand I haven't even done anything with the Zoloft in over 6 weeks now what's happening to me?    

We've explained several times - and you continue to wail these rhetorical questions, screaming at heaven.  I empathise with your pain and rage, but -

We don't know.  We will never know.  What caused this is a lab experiment of n=1.  You are the lab rat, and the best thing you can do is be curious about your experience.  Even when it hurts.

6 months is often when the symptoms start.  Not when they end. 

Have you done any of the neck stretches I showed you?

You've pretty much exhausted our resources without trying anything we've suggested. 

My summary (slightly different from Ali's) - if you need antibiotics (I have scarred sinuses, it's hard for me to shake an infection once it turns bacterial) amoxicillin is one of the safer ones. 

Head pressure = Sudafed is a no-go.  It is a stimulant, and could go paradoxical, or - even if it doesn't, could amplify your symptoms. 

(more in line with Ali and Mamma):  Saline sprays, eucalyptus / menthol steams will help you clear & heal.  Sitting in the sun is a natural antibiotic.  Sometimes when I'm desperate, I will make a very weak (1 T to a cup) solution of hydrogen peroxide and irrigate my sinuses, trying to boil the infection out.

When you get clear of this infection, and try something healthy from the myriads of suggestions you have here, then we will be more inclined to recommend a taper.  And we'll be happy to give the details of how to do it correctly.

For now - just continue as you have - your sports bottle method is fine.  We've said that before.  Just keep doing it.  It's your next taper that you will need to be more precise about.

I hope you see the sun today.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

6 months is when they start? Wow so this hasnt even started yet? Please tell me your joking! If so I don't know if I'll survive this? It really hasn't been this bad to the point of being in the floor crying in complete agony and pain but tonight it was bad.

I've got two interviews tomorrow and I don't even know how I'm gonna make it? This can't be! 5 months and your telling me I haven't even hit the worst of it yet?

I was told acute only lasted 2-4 months on average

And please don't be mad at me! I'm so sorry but I can't begin to explain the suffering and pain that is my brain and I'm really getting scared at this point and I keep trying to hold onto hope that getter better is right around the corner but I don't know how much more I can take?

• Administrator

maize, if you have a bad infection in your sinuses or anywhere else in your body, consider taking antibiotics -- but tell the doctor to make sure you have an infection that can be treated with antibiotics by taking a culture to identify the bug. 

Be very clear with the doctor that you're sensitive to antibiotics and you don't want to risk adverse effects unnecessarily.

About which way you should go with Zoloft -- there are hundreds of posts in this topic, many of them from moderators explaining to you why you need to be patient and that stabilization can be slow. We have also been over and over whether Zoloft is causing your symptoms or whether they might be your background multi-drug withdrawal syndrome.

Ultimately, you need to calm down, take in what we tell you, and resolve to make your own decisions. We keep on telling you to be patient, you keep on asking when you can change your drug dosage again. 

The principle is: Be very careful not to rock the boat. If you're sick, don't add to it by playing with your drugs. Use common sense.

When you feel anxious, please re-read this topic, you've gotten a lot of great advice from wonderful moderators and community members. Read this topic over and over until you understand all of it. Please stop these panicky posts, we can't tell you much more than we've already told you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Maize -

sorry to scare you - but I'm being realistic here.

With your constant symptoms, and your inability to do anything helpful for yourself, this is going to take awhile.

If I were to post about rainbows and unicorns and crystal harmonies and harps of heaven, you wouldn't believe me - so I'm sorry I did not sugar coat the truth.

It's going to be a long ride.  What you do can reduce the length and intensity of the ride. Going as you've been going is not working.  Pushing through is not helping. 

It's time you find out what helps you feel better, because, even though I'm good at this, you're not listening.

When you do find something helpful, tell us, so that we can help others.  (and you will be helping others, too)

It's up to you.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

I'm sorry Ms carol im not trying to be panicky but when I say I'm scared of try to express the intensity of my suffering and symptoms I'm not over doing it I'm being honest and real too.

I have suffered for so long and to not see any improvement and to have these symptoms continue to get worse is very discouraging and I don't know how much more I can take?

I am trying to hold on I have two more interviews today and my plan was if I could start working again and maybe have the money to do some things like take care of my kids and start going back slowly to the gym that would help but when I say my symptoms were so bad last night and even this morning I was in the floor in complete agony and pain that's no joke.

I just don't know what to think or what to do? I just want my life back and to be my old self and normal again but I've suffered for so long I don't even remember what that was like?

I've got 3 kids who depend on me and I'm so tired of suffering so very tired I can not put it into words and after all this time and no improvement I'm really starting to lose hope I'll come through this to the other side.

So much pressure pain and torture physically in my brain and these intrusive thoughts and the way my mind is going again is scaring me and I wander if I'm ever gonna get better or heal at this point?

As far as the Zoloft I wish I would have never let my family or those doctors talk me into it and now I'm the one having to suffer for it.

Maize i really feel your pain your mirroring the same symptoms I've being going through ever since i took these cruel tablets went to doctors for help to try live a normal life but got the door to hell believe me i have that head pressure I hope it lets up soon being CT near 11 weeks now but i got it while taking tablets thought it go away I'm hitting 6 months now with same symptoms pure hell on earth

Yeah I feel like I'm in my own personal hell with no way out.

I had 3 appointments today after last night it being so bad it left me in the floor crying but I pushed through although I don't know how?

The first appointment was with the crazy doctor I was assigned too who basically looked at me and laughed and said I was crazy if I thought this was still WD after 5 months and as far as the Zoloft I tried to explain to him about switching over to the liquid form to make it easier to taper and he laughed at me again and said he didn't think that was the right way and it just got to the point I told him I didn't even want to discuss it anymore to just give me my scrip and I'd be on my way and he said ok do it your way and I got out of their.

The 2nd appointment was a interview for a service manager position with a automotive company here in town which is what I did previously before all this destruction to my brain and the head pressure numbness and physical pain in my head and especially my forehead was so bad I got really nauseous light headed and dizzy felt like I was gonna pass out and the craziness going on in my head was so unreal I just wanted to get out of their I mean my vision even started going bad.

I pushed through made it to the 2 interview somehow and got through that but now I'm home and between the pressure and numbness the fatigue intrusive thoughts I'm just worn out and it's like my brain has been permanently damaged and I'm losing hope this is what my life is just gonna be from now on and I don't know if I'll survive this?

• Administrator

Good for you, you got through the appointments.

You're going to have to deal with this, Maize, nobody else can take care of you, especially those of us who are only your virtual correspondents.

Please re-read this topic. You've gotten many suggestions about coping. You're going to have to learn them and cope.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I've that feeling to is this it the head pressure is here to stay. it's bad can't think of it getting worse because of how bad it is but then I'm only 11 weeks CT. i read lots of posts it can get worse. i read only of two people having these symptoms​ that stated there symptoms started easing up in the 12th month. it's crazy thinking I've to go a year of this to be honest another day with it knocks you down but all i have at this time is a tiny bit of hope it gets better. I'm trying ease up on smoking eating sweet things sugar drinks the smoking is really hard i run for one when symptoms kick off madness. i haven't left the house in 6 months im just going to try and tough it out it's hard won't ever go doctors again to afraid of taking an other drug and reading others here went through cocktails to nothing working so i chose this road of not getting an other drug in my system if i do get better i always want to remember this hell no one would ever want to go this route again i hope your symptoms show a sign of clearing up soon stay strong

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Maize:

I just don't know what to think or what to do?

Read your thread.  Read the links that mods have posted.  Try something that has been suggested for you.

Skeeter gave you homework.  We haven't seen any.

If your brain can't handle reading, watch cartoons about your condition, here:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8631-withdrawal-dialogues-encouragement/

I pushed through

I've cautioned you about this.  When you

I got really nauseous light headed and dizzy felt like I was gonna pass out and the craziness going on in my head was so unreal I just wanted to get out of their I mean my vision even started going bad.

That is your body telling you it is too much.  Your symptoms are telling you what you need.  And for now, it may be a quiet room, time sitting in the sun, magnesium, fish oil, neck stretches. I'm glad you survived your appointment - but don't be surprised if your "pushing through" exacts a price on your already destabilised nervous system.

If you had a multiple fracture on your leg, you wouldn't insist on running marathons, would you?

I understand that you feel pressured to be productive - however - you are in the care of your family, you are getting help with the kids.

It is dangerous to "push through" under the conditions you describe. 

Learn to take pressure OFF of yourself, not add it on.  Learn something new about your symptoms and what they are asking you to do.

I hope the cartoons help, they are really well done.

Well as far as other drugs I really wish I would have never taking the Zoloft and I wander if it isn't making me more sick and it's for sure complicating things of that I have no doubt. It hasn't relived any of my symptoms and I worry about WD from that on top of what I'm already going through.

As far as pushing through I realized yesterday I can not handle the stress and physical requirements of the first interview which was the service manager position. It would be good money and something I know I would enjoy but I don't think my brain or my body can handle that right now. So I have decided to take the 2nd job if offered to me because it is a call center or inbound sales position that would allow me to be in a seated position all day and everything is on the phone no face to face interaction so not as much stress. Also they allow after the first 90 days or they give you a number of flex days and vacation days right off the bat so if I do have a day I can't go I would have some options their.

It's just so hard to understand how after 5 months my symptoms could still be so constant and severe especially the head pressure and physical pain in my head and recent the uptick in fatigue and emotional symptoms or intrusive thoughts have gotten worse as well. I mean I thought my days of laying in the floor in extreme pain and agony both physically and mentally were over but not by a long shot.

I did watch the cartoons and it does explain a lot of what I'm going through and I can say this sinus infection isn't helping any at all and I'm trying to rest today drinking plenty of fluids and just relaxing but between my brain and this infection it's making it really hard.

Ok well never mind on the call center job just got a email saying I didn't get the job so now I don't know what to do? I still have the service manager job and the job with the pool company but honestly I don't know if my brain or my body will hold up for those positions so I'm lost! The pool job requires you pass a lot of physical test that would be hard for a healthy person and the service manager job is long hours on your feet constantly moving and I don't know if I can hold up?

• Moderator Emeritus

Did you get antibiotics for your sinuses Maize?

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

No ma'am I haven't had a chance to get to the doc yet with all the appointments I had yesterday and trying to figure out what to do about this job mess I haven't had time but I'm gonna have to do it maybe tomorrow cause its turned into a full blown infection I've been blowing out chunks of it all morning sorry to be so graphic but it's not helping my case at all. I am scared to take anything else though after reading what antibiotics can do to people in WD but that's why I asked about amoxicillin

Today these symptoms have brought me to my knees again. That's the second time in the last week it's literally been so bad all I can do is lay here and cry in complete agony and pain physically and emotionally.

I really do wander if my brain has been permanently damaged and if getting better is just not gonna happen for me?

Is this misery and torture ever gonna end? I don't know how much more I can honestly take?

Ok something is not right and this is not working at all. My symptoms have increased and intensity has gotten so much worse over the last few days and I feel like I'm losing control again.

The numbness burning pressure and physical pain in my head is getting worse by the day and today has been so bad I can't hardly stand up or open my eyes. It seems to be moving from one side of my head to the other yesterday it was the left and today the right and its centered in my forehead above my eyes in my temples down into my cheeks are even numb and it goes up to the middle part of my head down to the back of my head into my neck and is usually one side or the other. The pain and pressure in my head comes with severe confusion and fatigue and my eye sight is off as well followed by some pretty bad anxiety to the point I'm having mild panic attacks and shaking.

The emotional symptoms have increased as well as I'm having SU/HM ideation intrusive thoughts and find it even hard to think or hold a conversation because I get aggravated and I'm so sick mentally and emotionally I just can't do it.

I don't understand what is happening to me? Why is this getting so much worse and not better?

It's really bothering me I don't feel any better now at over 5 months off than I did when I went into the hospital and these symptoms are getting worse and I don't know what to do?

Is this benzo waves upon waves? Is this the Zoloft making me sicker and preventing my healing? I don't know but I honestly don't know how much more I can take? If I thought they could help and wouldn't push more drugs on me I'd go to the hospital right now but that's what got me on Zoloft and I don't want anymore drugs. It's the drugs that have caused all this to begin with.

So what do I do? Is any of this normal? What's causing all this? What am I doing wrong?

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto Strata is the owner of this website.  She has done a lot of research and is very knowledgeable about psychiatric drugs.

Below I've quoted 2 of her posts to you.  Please read the green highlighted sections.

maize, if you have a bad infection in your sinuses or anywhere else in your body, consider taking antibiotics -- but tell the doctor to make sure you have an infection that can be treated with antibiotics by taking a culture to identify the bug. 

Be very clear with the doctor that you're sensitive to antibiotics and you don't want to risk adverse effects unnecessarily.

About which way you should go with Zoloft -- there are hundreds of posts in this topic, many of them from moderators explaining to you why you need to be patient and that stabilization can be slow. We have also been over and over whether Zoloft is causing your symptoms or whether they might be your background multi-drug withdrawal syndrome.

Ultimately, you need to calm down, take in what we tell you, and resolve to make your own decisions. We keep on telling you to be patient, you keep on asking when you can change your drug dosage again. 

The principle is: Be very careful not to rock the boat. If you're sick, don't add to it by playing with your drugs. Use common sense.

When you feel anxious, please re-read this topic, you've gotten a lot of great advice from wonderful moderators and community members. Read this topic over and over until you understand all of it. Please stop these panicky posts, we can't tell you much more than we've already told you.

Good for you, you got through the appointments.

You're going to have to deal with this, Maize, nobody else can take care of you, especially those of us who are only your virtual correspondents.

Please re-read this topic. You've gotten many suggestions about coping. You're going to have to learn them and cope.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Yes ma'am I'm trying but the symptoms just keep getting worse and how much suffering can one person take?

I'm sure that the combination of the drugs I've been on haven't helped and exactly why I never wanted on the Zoloft to begin with.

I'm trying to hold on and stay positive but it's hard when your so physically and mentally sick and your having to endure so much suffering.

I know I need to get to the doctor and I want to be able to work. I have 3 kids and have already been out of work for over a year but how am I gonna do that with these symptoms continually getting worse?

I've excepted the job as the service manager at a retail automotive facility here in town but I honestly don't know if I can do it or sustain the job that requires 10-12 hours a day and a faced paced invoirenment without getting worse?

The head pressure numbness and pain in my head along with this sinus infection I'm fighting and these crazy emotional symptoms I have not been able to stand up or do anything for long periods of time even doing chores around the house have been quite difficult.

So I'm trying I'm not trying to be alarming or write panicky post but I'm being very serious about my symptoms and where I'm at with this suffering and I don't know what to do?

• Moderator Emeritus

Getting the sinus infection treated could relieve some pressure. You must have made a good impression to have been offered a management position, congratulations! 

Edited by JanCarol
auto correct typo.

2002  effexor. 

Yes ma'am I just hope I can handle the job without getting worse.

I made it through the interview but even then like I said I had an uptick in symptoms and got really dizzy nauseous and lightheaded and I just don't know if I'm gonna be able to sustain it with these symptoms still being so severe?

Is it realistic to think I can or want to try? Some days I do good to function around here and have to lay down it gets so bad and with all these symptoms getting worse I just don't know?

But thank you mammaP I guess all I can do is try. When I get to the doctor I know we talked about it before but amoxicillin is safe right?

• Moderator Emeritus

It is ok for me, but that is just me. It is penicillin, I can't take other antibiotics. Some people are allergic to penicillin but it would be on your records if you were allergic. 

2002  effexor. 

No I'm not allergic amoxicillin is what I normally take for these infections but the thing that worries me the most is this massive increase in the head pressure numbness burning and physical pain in my brain and the increase of the intrusive thoughts and the emotional symptoms getting worse again it's just so bad and I don't understand why it keeps getting worse and not better?

• Moderator Emeritus