rocovering

I  am a 65 year old recovering female  alcoholic with history of amphetamines, hallucinogenics, cocaine and cannabis. I have not used any of these substances for 34 years. In recovery,  I went into a full-blown four week unrelenting panic attack in 1985 three years sober, and was put on  pamelor for the first time for depression and was given ativan PRN for panic disorder. When prozac came out, I was switched to that in 1988 and was on prozac for 8-9 years. I got off prozac and was put on the newer SNRIs off and on for the next ten years, the usual ones, as each new brand arrived on the market.I had a round with wellbutrin in 2004. By that time, I was diagnosed as bipolar, not depressed, and started on topomax and then lamictal, taking the topomax on and off. I was on this combo until 2012 . By this time my ativan was long gone and I was given klonopin BID for breakthrough bipolar symptoms. I developed tinnitus and severe dystonic style muscle spasms in my hands and feet. I had these spasms hit me full body twice and the pain was unreal. I went to Lahey clinic regarding this and was placed on baclofen 10mg BID.

I was sick of all this and this last spring was able to get off everything for the first time. Don't ask me how I detoxed as I have no idea, just kept the klonopin for PRN and with that in place went for it. HOWEVER, I was diagnosed with bone on bone arthritis simultaneously with fibro and I was off and running again. I went back on lamictal and klonopin and the.When I reported back to the fibro doc he was upset and me titrate 50 mg a week one week at a time for a total of three weeks. This was in November and when it was all done I flipped into all the detox symptoms. That was when I looked online and found out what was happening. He reluctantly put me back on 50 mg for one week and then gave me 25 mg pills til I see him Jan 17.

I was supposed to drop from the 50 mg to 25 mg lyrica two days ago but was really frightened read somewhere about splitting the pills for a slower titration. I did that and yesterday was my second day on 37.5 mg gram. I still am feeling horrible, shaking, anxiety, crying spells, feeling crazy, all the garbage along with horrible nightmares along with anger and agitated too. Unfortunately, I will not have enough of the 25 mg pills to do a 10% titration and I doubt this doc will write another prescription for the lyrica. I also have to deal with getting off the tramadol next and he is the doc for this one. I am sure he will be uncooperative with this also.

My psych nurse is willing to prescribe neurontin if it will help. I am still on 100 mg lamictal and 0.5 klonopin every day. I am still taking baclofen when my body says it needs it. Any and all suggestions and support would be a welcome relief. My husband is no support and my mother keeps calling via facetime from Florida three times a day to "chat" and I have to rally up as she is elderly. Just to add to the mix this week, I also have a funeral on Saturday as my brother-in-law died (too young) and this is an already unpleasant situation because of family dysfunction.

I apologize for the long post but want you to know me straight up and need as much help as you can offer. I'm sure I've left some out..

Regards,

Ro

Past meds-1989 one month of trilafon inpatient, then Pamelor and trazadone for one year. :(

Next past meds: 1991-2004- SSRIs and SNRIs including prozac, paxil, zoloft, celexa, lexapro, wellbutrin all standard doses except prozac up to 100mg thru 2005; topamax 2004 thru 2013, 50mg trazadone PRN thru current but not taking while on tramadol. Detoxed from prozac when I quit smoking and I was on 80mg prednisone for a month (what fun that was, not). Detoxes always resulted in feeling crazy, hyper, anxious, agitated and was immediately placed on "different" med and which ultimately led to being diagnosed with bipolar II and a new round of options starting somewhere around 2004... :wacko:

Current meds-100mg lamictal 2005 var thru current (no apparent wd); clonazepam 0.5mg 2004 thru 1.5mg current alternate occasionally with 0.5mg xanax; 20mg baclofen 2015 thru current (I don't always take full dose); 75mg tramadol down from 100mg and 37.5mg lyrica down from 150mg both of these from August thru current. :unsure:

Attempting to detox from back to front. And, just for general info, none of my psych meds have ever "worked" for any length of time for either depression or mania, and nothing ever removed my anxiety except my first round of prozac, the benzos, and the trilafon (which removed pre tty much everything). :angry:

Welcome rocovering

Im so sorry you have been put through so much. The pharma assault you have endured is heart breaking.

You are not alone

First things first do you think you would be able to do a drug signature:

Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

Then secondly put ALL the drugs you are taking through the drugs interaction checker and copy and paste the results into this intro thread.

This will make it easy to see at glance your situation and the good folk at sa can offer advice.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

As requested:

Interactions between your selected drugs

Moderate

naproxen hydrochlorothiazide

Applies to: Aleve (naproxen), hydrochlorothiazide

Before taking hydrochlorothiazide, tell your doctor if you also use naproxen. You may need dose adjustments or special tests in order to safely take both medications together. If you are receiving this combination drink plenty of water. Blood pressure and kidney function should be monitored as well. It is important that you tell your healthcare provider about all other medications that you are using including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using your medications without first talking to your doctor first.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate

lamotrigine pregabalin

Applies to: lamotrigine, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using lamoTRIgine together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

baclofen pregabalin

Applies to: baclofen, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using baclofen together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam pregabalin

Applies to: clonazepam, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using clonazePAM together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

lamotrigine tramadol

Applies to: lamotrigine, tramadol

Using lamoTRIgine together with traMADol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

baclofen tramadol

Applies to: baclofen, tramadol

Using baclofen together with traMADol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam tramadol

Applies to: clonazepam, tramadol

Using clonazePAM together with traMADol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

baclofen lamotrigine

Applies to: baclofen, lamotrigine

Using baclofen together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam lamotrigine

Applies to: clonazepam, lamotrigine

Using clonazePAM together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

hydrochlorothiazide baclofen

Applies to: hydrochlorothiazide, baclofen

Hydrochlorothiazide and baclofen may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam baclofen

Applies to: clonazepam, baclofen

Using clonazePAM together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam hydrochlorothiazide

Applies to: clonazepam, hydrochlorothiazide

Hydrochlorothiazide and clonazePAM may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

tramadol pregabalin

Applies to: tramadol, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using traMADol together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Past meds-1989 one month of trilafon inpatient, then Pamelor and trazadone for one year. :(

Next past meds: 1991-2004- SSRIs and SNRIs including prozac, paxil, zoloft, celexa, lexapro, wellbutrin all standard doses except prozac up to 100mg thru 2005; topamax 2004 thru 2013, 50mg trazadone PRN thru current but not taking while on tramadol. Detoxed from prozac when I quit smoking and I was on 80mg prednisone for a month (what fun that was, not). Detoxes always resulted in feeling crazy, hyper, anxious, agitated and was immediately placed on "different" med and which ultimately led to being diagnosed with bipolar II and a new round of options starting somewhere around 2004... :wacko:

Current meds-100mg lamictal 2005 var thru current (no apparent wd); clonazepam 0.5mg 2004 thru 1.5mg current alternate occasionally with 0.5mg xanax; 20mg baclofen 2015 thru current (I don't always take full dose); 75mg tramadol down from 100mg and 37.5mg lyrica down from 150mg both of these from August thru current. :unsure:

Attempting to detox from back to front. And, just for general info, none of my psych meds have ever "worked" for any length of time for either depression or mania, and nothing ever removed my anxiety except my first round of prozac, the benzos, and the trilafon (which removed pre tty much everything). :angry:

hi nz11..

I'm not sure what I should put in my signature. I have put some info but it seems the suggestion is to put any specific withdrawal when stopping meds. I actually have none to report prior to this, or none that I knew about, as my psych nurse always put me on something else right away. This current mess I am in came about when I added rheumatology and orthopedics to my mix. I can be more specific about meds, I would think, but I need some guidance or examples. I will look around, in the meantime, at others posted here.

I hope the interactions were posted correctly. I do know that page offers both consumer and professional results. I put the consumer results here.

Thanks for any help,

Rocovering

Good going on the drugs checker, thats quite a list.

Your drug sig is nearly there how about dosages ? Whats the name and dosage of the benzo(s)?

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thanks for the heads up, I will go in and add more info to the current meds. I also "forgot" (geez, can we wonder why?) that I am taking 0.25 risperidone BID, so am adding the interaction checker info regarding that here:

Interactions between your selected drugs

Major

risperidone tramadol

Applies to: risperidone, tramadol

TraMADol may rarely cause seizures, and combining it with other medications that can also cause seizures such as risperiDONE may increase that risk. The interaction may be more likely if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

risperidone pregabalin

Applies to: risperidone, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using risperiDONE together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

risperidone lamotrigine

Applies to: risperidone, lamotrigine

Using risperiDONE together with lamoTRIgine can increase your blood levels of risperiDONE. This can cause side effects such as excessive drowsiness, dizziness, increase in heart rate, seizures, and tremors. Talk with your doctor before using these medications together, and report any side effects promptly. You may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take both medications. Avoid driving until you know how these medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

baclofen risperidone

Applies to: baclofen, risperidone

Using baclofen together with risperiDONE may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

hydrochlorothiazide risperidone

Applies to: hydrochlorothiazide, risperidone

Using risperiDONE together with hydrochlorothiazide can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need regular monitoring of your electrolyte (magnesium, potassium) levels as well as other tests to safely use both medications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, or fast or pounding heartbeats during treatment with risperiDONE. In addition, you should let your doctor know if you experience signs of electrolyte disturbance such as weakness, tiredness, drowsiness, confusion, muscle pain, cramps, dizziness, nausea, or vomiting. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

So I am not so sure what to do now that I have my introductory post? Can anyone guide or direct me to the next step here.... Thanks, Ro

• Moderator Emeritus

Ro -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

Thank you for creating your signature and for posting the drug interactions report. What are your thoughts about the descriptions of the interactions?

As for what's next, I'd suggest thinking about the conversation with your "fibro doc" about his Lyrica discontinuation plan for you. Although he doesn't support your taking it, does he support actively worsening your overall well-being by a drastic reductions?

How do you talk to your doctor about tapering and withdrawal
What to expect from your doctor about withdrawal symptoms

Are you taking notes on paper of your symptoms and the times of your dose(s)? Such information may be helpful in that discussion. This post has a useful format for a daily log:
Take notes of doses and symptoms

From your post, it's clear you've read our suggested approach to tapering -- 10% reductions. Here's links to that topic and others that are relevant for your situation:
Before you begin tapering -- what you need to know
Why taper by 10% of my dosage?
Tips for tapering off Lyrica (pregabalin)
Tips for tapering off Lamictal (lamotrigine)
Tips for tapering off Tramadol
Tips for tapering off Risperdal (risperidone)

At some point you may want to reduce clonazepam dose, so here's a link to where folks discuss tapering benzo drugs on this site:
Members-only benzo forum

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thanks for so very much helpful information. I've been spending the last few days reviewing everything and trying to get through a wake and the new year drama that accompanies both of these. I've also been working hard at maintaining some semblance of sanity as I begin my titration.

Regarding my fibro doc, we've already had several conversations and I'm sure we will have another one when I go to him on Jan 17. At that time, I will be on 25mg lyrica and will either get his help by extending the script and slowing down that taper or else do what I can with whatever he gives me. He is also the prescriber for the tramadol, which I would start decreasing next so don't want to go too far to his bad side.

I don't know if anyone else has the same experience, but just by virtue of asking for meds, we are increasingly labeled drug addicts, here in Massachusetts. Due to the massive increase in ODs by opioid addicted persons, those of us who are trying to turn things around are paying a hefty price. All conversations have proven to be difficult. And I very much look forward to the day when he is out of my life. This is the doc that started me on prednisone for over a year back in the early 90s, claiming I had rheumatoid arthritis via testing which miraculously disappeared several years later, but not soon enough to avoid the consequences of major dosing of prednisone.

Meanwhile, my p-nurse is standing by to help as she can and I will do my best to start, and keep up with, a log. The other piece that needs to be in place is to stay very connected to this site and all who are trying to recover, one day at a time.

I forgot to mention that I reviewed the interactions which are pretty much all the same and put me in major danger of a fall (especially with all the ice we have here) which really sucks as I look forward to my morning walk with my bichon, who can get frisky on occasion.

I also saw where the resiperidone is a major problem in combination with hydrochlorothyazide, which may have been responsible for my muscle spasms leading to the prescription for baclofen and around we go again. I have only recently went back on the risperidone in order to try and decrease the agitation, irritability, anger, "bipolar" reactions to these meds and changes, so have decreased it rapidly and am pulling off it completely by the end of the week.

I realize that the combination of titrating more than one med can cause withdrawal symptoms that are really rough, but the combination of taking some of these medications put me at a very high risk medically. You would think someone would have called it out along the way, if only the pharmacy, but when all is said and done, it's up to me to stay on top of what's happening.

One of the major issues I want to point out is that at 65 I am "elderly" as are those who are five or ten years younger than I am. I don't feel 65, so I never gave much thought to the extra problems for my peer group.

Edited by scallywag
add a few more paragraph breaks

Again I am not sure where to go from here to get the type of help or support that others seem to be getting on the site. Perhaps someone could direct me? I have looked at other topics on the site but there are so many and I am not sure if I should be "jumping in" on discussions or staying here for comments at this point?

I am feeling mostly hopeless at times. I am down to 33 mg of Lyrica from 150 initially. I have had several really bad days with a dozen or so physical and mental symptoms at once. I get an occasional day off here and there. Then back into this nightmare that stretches ahead of me. It will take years to go thru the cocktail of drugs I am currently taking and then years more to stabilize from what I am reading. This is so overwhelming for me as I am no longer young with a lifetime ahead of me.

I am laying in bed tonight wishing I could locate the link to mediation sounds I saw elsewhere on the site. I don't have the energy to search here or the net but will give it a try. Right now my husband is snoring gently next to me in bed and it's so comforting to me, as much as he has been over the weeks past ad I try to survive these changes.

I am very frightened of the days ahead as I face down each med.

To all who are laying in bed tonight, awake and stuck inside this neurological box I send a prayer and a hope that we all know we are not alone.

Sorry you are in this situation through no fault of your own.

You might like to put respiridone in your drug sig

Come on 65 is the new 55 so you have heaps of time up your sleeve.

Member Rhi is tapering off several drugs so you may find it informative to read her intro thread.

Recovering paxil addict

Thank you nz11. I will add the risperidone to the list. I also recalled this week that there were several other drugs that were given a trial but none that lasted more than a few days or weeks. Should I add those too? I am not on any of them currently and haven't been for a year, nor have I been on the risperidone for ten days, although I was on it a few times for a month or longer over the last few years. I stopped it this time because I found my self getting agitated (side effect?) when I took it and had only been on it for about four days. The last time I was on it was months ago and I didn't want to keep going on it and have another detox on my hands. I really need to talk to my p-nurse about the change. She also sent a prescription in for neurontin, with the hopes it would help with the lyrica detox (I had read something to that effect on the Lyrica Survivors page on Facebook) but I have not taken it because the information seemed loose. Should I add all these to my signature?

My rheumatologist has referred me to a local pain clinic doc who has made an appointment for me for February but I don't understand what a pain doc will do for me at this point. Is it possible that they would help me detox in the way that is suggested here? I also thought I might go to my primary care for help. The problem with this is that every doctor sees this as med-seeking, because they just don't understand the dynamics. Any feedback or direction to help on the site regarding these issues would also help.

I appreciate your support very much. -Ro

I cannot find Rhi in the members list. Do you have a link to something Rhi might have written so I can get to Rhi's posts? Thanks again.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry that you've been having to sort through the information on the site solo.  Please feel free to ask questions about your situation here in your introduction thread.

A tip -- enter your question as the first sentence in a new post, then give the background or reasons for the question after.  I use a preview feature for new posts that shows the first few lines of the post. If I see a question in the preview section, I'll likely answer it. ;)

posts by "Rhi":

Ah, the old nickname trap, Rhi = Rhiannon. Here's a link to Rhiannon's Introduction.

Rhiannon is tapering multiple medications simultaneously with very, very small dose reductions. Her decreases are so small, you can't even call them micro. My name for her approach is a "Parallel Nano-Taper"

I may be incorrect about this but I believe Rhi had at least a year or two of tapering experience before she started this nano-taper.  The advantage of having the experience was that she knew how her body reacted to dose changes. We discourage people from following her example until they have that knowledge about their own reactions from experience.

Medications and signature:

No need to put in your signature the medications you tried and discontinued after a few days.

Please include the recent risperidone trial of 4 days with the dose, start and stop dates.

Lyrica taper and symptoms

Please post -- as best you can remember -- the steps down in dosage from 150 mg to 33 mg,  and approximately when you made the changes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Ro.  This might help you too : the guided meditations you were perhaps looking for .

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6122-guided-meditations-calming-videos-sleep-hypnosis/

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014