If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

LexSuks: Debilitated from lexapro withdrawal after 3 months

escitalopram Lexapro

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#37 RachelSusan

RachelSusan

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

My last cut, only .5 mg went well.  I had very few symptoms as opposed to all the other times I tried to taper.  This time I did a very small dose, which is why it went so well. I still have many many more cuts to go but I will eventually get off.  I don't want to go through any more pain.  This ordeal started last summer and because I kept cutting, and cutting too fast I suffered.  In November I went back up, stabilized and I am just now starting to get off.

You will be yourself again.  Getting out is a good start.  Hopefully, you will start to feel normal soon.  Sometimes though we heal slowly and don't see it until a few months have gone by and then we realize say, hey I've been slowly feeling better, when did that happen?

I know you love your mom. Sometimes we do shut down a little when we are messed up with this medication.  Hang in there, don't push it and the feelings will hopefully come back on there own.

Again, I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. It's not fair.

RS

Rachel

Find my story here:  http://survivinganti...?hl=rachelsusan

HISTORY

Feb. 2016  - 100mg - 150mg Zoloft. 

Quit Zoloft June  2016, went into withdrawal.   Reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 8 2016.

After the reinstatement the following was a doctor suggested tapering schedule and was much to harsh for me. July 2016 down to to 25 mg , August   down to 12.5, & then 6.25, Sept. - 5.0mg, October 2.3 mg. I was sick the entire way down and up-dosed in November to 12.5 mg.

STARTING SENSIBLE TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

12/10/16 - switched to Liquid Zoloft @ 12.5 mg.   1/19/17 reduced to 12.0 mg (4%).   2/9/17 reduced to 11.0 mg (8%). 3/1/17 - reduced to 10.0 mg (9 %).  3/21/17 - reduced to 9.5 mg (5%). 4/1/17 - reduced to 9.0 mg (5.3%).

Currently on: Gabapentin - Started July of 2016, 900 mg.

Wellbutrin from about 2005 to about 2010 - went off cold turkey with no problems - don't remember dosage

#38 LexSuks

LexSuks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMOORE , OK

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

Hey how have Patricia and Rachel been ? Has you 2s symptoms decreased and gotten better ? I'm still suffering from depersonalization and it's still scary and depressing . But I guess I'm not helping my recovery by obsessively looking up information on it from what I've read . Supposedly I just got to ignore it. Not think about it , and keep busy but that's pretty difficult when I so don't feel normal . But am seeing a cbt therapist now n he wants me off the citalopram cause he's been on several psyche meds before n doesn't believe that it's beneficial for what I'm going through , but man I'm scared to go through withdrawal again on top of already feeling pretty down as is . But hopefully since I just been taking 5mg for a month it won't be a big deal to come off . But I wanted to check in and see how you 2 have been doing , praying the nightmare is almost over for all of us
Was put on Zoloft 15mg 1/17/2016 after I had my first panic attack I believe due to excessive drinking mostly .

Quit Zoloft 4/16 due to side effects and was put on lexapro 10mg

Quit lexapro 10 mg due to side effects 8/16

I don't want to reinstate any drug

Started citalopram 10mg 1/10/17

#39 scallywag

scallywag

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,878 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

Let the CBT therapist want you to be off citalopram. I want 5 million dollars; that's not going to just happen either. ;)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results
Cymbalta (brand name), 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 20 mg to 7 mg in 2016, taper details in this post;
2017: 6.3 (58 beads) Feb. 1; 5.6 mg (52) Feb. 22; 5.4 mg (50) Mar. 15;
Current dose: 5.1 mg (47 beads) 2017-Mar-25
+ Supplements: fish oil (1500 mg EPA/500 mg DHA), Vitamins: D3, K2, C; Minerals: Mg, Se, Cr, I, V
scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

#40 LexSuks

LexSuks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMOORE , OK

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

Ya I'm tapering pretty slow , taking maybe 4mg right now and might remain for a while till maybe this soul sucking , depressing depersonalization lightens up . Already feel like a stranger to myself and constant negative thoughts of never feeling like myself again . Psychiatrist and therapist believe I can be cured of all this, but man , after going through so much hell for over a year now and how unlike myself I feel it's hard for me to believe . I'm feeling more n more hopeless it seems , just wish I hadn't done whatever I did to cause this . By the way do you or anyone know anything about vaping cbd oil n if it's safe with med I'm taking ? Read it's good for anxiety and other benefits
Was put on Zoloft 15mg 1/17/2016 after I had my first panic attack I believe due to excessive drinking mostly .

Quit Zoloft 4/16 due to side effects and was put on lexapro 10mg

Quit lexapro 10 mg due to side effects 8/16

I don't want to reinstate any drug

Started citalopram 10mg 1/10/17

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: escitalopram, Lexapro