If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

Carrie Fisher ashes in a prozac shaped urn.....really?!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

I just couldnt believe this.

http://www.bbc.com/n...canada-38542167

This is just so sad.

Is it my imagination or did 2016 see the passing of a lot of high profile people.

Many perhaps with a ? over causation.

By the way what was George Michael swallowing from his doctor?

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.' - Thomas A. Edison

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#2 AliG

AliG

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,196 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:35 AM

NZ.  Thanks for this. It makes you wonder doesn't it ?  So very sad .

Many SSRI's &SSNRI's over 20 years . Zoloft - 7 years .  Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and many more - on and off . No tapering. Cold turkey -  Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Drug free since May, 2014
             "Find a place inside where there's joy and the joy will burn out the pain" - Joseph Campbell

#3 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:01 PM

Yep AliG its beyond tragic isnt it.

I've listened to this again and i cant help but feel sick in my stomach.

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.' - Thomas A. Edison

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#4 GiaK

GiaK

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

I saw that too and responded...it's pretty emblematic of just about everything wrong with the public narrative...

Carrie Fisher’s urn is a giant prozac pill — this is my heart-felt response – Everything Matters: Beyond Meds https://beyondmeds.c...ie-fishers-urn/

Beyond Meds: http://beyondmeds.com/

I withdrew from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

I took a bit over 6 years to do it. Finished on Feb 9 2010. I'm still recovering from iatrogenesis.

#5 IHadPassion

IHadPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTacoma, Washington

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

She claimed to be bipolar, no telling what all she was on over the years.  

There's no doubt in my mind that a lifetime of psychotropics contributed to her heart failure and premature death.

Year 0:      Social anxiety, obsessive thoughts, NO depression, NO suicidal ideations

Years 1-2: Ativan (benzo) <1mg as needed, not abused but developed physical dependence

Years 2-3: Paxil (20mg) augmented with Adderall XR (10-20mg) due to withdrawal from Ativan

Years 3-Present: Severe depression, headaches, psychiatric hospitalization, lost job, etc.

#6 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

Giak you sum it up perfectly with :

"The narrative in the mainstream media is that these are life-saving drugs when in fact they often KILL people."...

"I don't follow this stuff like I used to because it's soul-draining and devastating to see how many people still believe this sh*t..."

"Heart disease is often a result of metabolic syndrome and psychiatric drugs cause metabolic syndrome. This is a heinously tragic joke."

#7 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

By the way what was George Michael swallowing from his doctor?

Now we know.

One of George Michael’s lovers today reveals how the tormented singer confessed to him that he was desperately addicted to anti-depressants.

Just heartbreaking