If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

'Pharma are getting away with murder' Trump

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

http://www.reuters.c...g-idUSKBN14V24J

Well i thought it was literal which we all know it is but it seems its simply about charging too much for drugs and they want them cheaper cant help but feel they have missed the target here.

If these drugs become cheaper i wonder what that means ...more people taking them, thats a bad thing !

But if it means they charge the government less does that mean the patients have to pay more. That means more people forced to taper off to save money....hey thats a good thing.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday said pharmaceutical companies are "getting away with murder" in what they charge the government for medicines, and promised that would change, sending drugs stocks sharply lower.

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.' - Thomas A. Edison

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#2 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

NZ11, I mean no offense but even Hitler/Mussolini had a few redeeming qualities.   And in case anyone thinks I am being extremely unfair, google the concerns the Holocaust Museum and Germany have expressed on similar notes.

If he was a "normal" politician, that would be a good thing but he isn't.

I know this wasn't the response you were expecting but I have to state the truth as I see it.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2012 and on pap machine

Dealing with protracted sleep issues

#3 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:36 AM

No offense taken.

You are totally entitled to your opinion.

He won he election fair and square so he's the president .....thats how democracy works right.

As Hillary said lets give the guy a chance.

98c6e9528fcd074976a41f7e53b6cde6.jpg

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.' - Thomas A. Edison

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#4 powerback

powerback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:17 AM

Came across this saying recently very good explanation I thought .

DEMOCRACY is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

#5 Martina23

Martina23

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

Trump made already some good things. I read he wants to let check out if the vaccination does not cause autism. That is great. I think he is courageous. I thought already if we should not write him to let check the antidepressants - that they are harmful. Because he comes from normal people, he would have more understanding for it. I dont think that he is bad. I like him.
05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-
symptoms OCD

#6 PatriciaVP

PatriciaVP

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Anything that might make these and all drugs less profitable can't be a bad thing.

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

"Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! What do we do? We swim!" -Dory

#7 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

No offense taken.

You are totally entitled to your opinion.

He won he election fair and square so he's the president .....thats how democracy works right.

As Hillary said lets give the guy a chance.

98c6e9528fcd074976a41f7e53b6cde6.jpg

Actually, there is alot of evidence that Russia and FBI Director Comey influenced the election.   And even if you disagree, there is alot of evidence that he has put himself in a highly compromised position with Russia.   So no, I don't think he won the election fair and square.

Hmm, if a politician won in New Zealand who reminded you of Hitler won, would you want to give him a chance?   Because when you start normalizing behavior, that is how dictators consolidate power and do away with Freedom.

#8 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

Trump made already some good things. I read he wants to let check out if the vaccination does not cause autism. That is great. I think he is courageous. I thought already if we should not write him to let check the antidepressants - that they are harmful. Because he comes from normal people, he would have more understanding for it. I dont think that he is bad. I like him.rMaf

Martina23,

Not to be blunt but many people liked Hitler when he came to power.  No, he doesn't come from a normal population he is a billionaire a million times over.   And see this article about the wealth of his cabinet picks.

http://thehill.com/b...ird-of-american

#9 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:57 AM

Anything that might make these and all drugs less profitable can't be a bad thing.

Not going to do much good if people are going to lose their health insurance coverage.   And with Democratic and Republicans politicians beholden to big pharma, I seriously doubt they are going to cut drug prices.    And because they are already obscenely priced, even if a cut occurred, I doubt they would be affordable, particularly if people lose their health insurance coverage due to the threat of the ACA being repealed.

#10 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

Not going to do much good if people are going to lose their health insurance coverage. 

That could be a blessing in disguise ...people might be forced to taper off the chemicals that they dont need. Isnt that a good thing.

Actually, there is alot of evidence that Russia and FBI Director Comey influenced the election.  

How?

Are you saying Russia hacked the polling booths and changed votes from Hillary to Trump? If thats the case sounds like Trump needs to build several walls!

If i was a american i would have voted for Hillary. But it sounds like the democrats have been their own worst enemy here.

So what if their emails were hacked ...why didnt they have protection in place and they should be more professional and not say anything in email land that you wouldnt say in public. And so what if the dirt got dumped on Hillary heaps of it got dumped on Trump and i was very surprised he survived it. Are you telling me those woman who came forward were saying vote republican?

Hmm, if a politician won in New Zealand who reminded you of Hitler won, would you want to give him a chance?   Because when you start normalizing behavior, that is how dictators consolidate power and do away with Freedom.

Yes i would cos thats called democracy.

If you live in a democratic country and end up with a dictator then all i can say is you just got the president you deserved. Clearly most people love dictators in america so thats who you got (your words) then. 

Im beginning to warm to Trump.

I bet i knew what he wanted to say the other day but didnt ...He wanted to say, 'so what and America has never tried to influence other countries election processes?' ..'or hack others' ? Come on man !

#11 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

http://www.politico....-hacking-232625

The guy quoted is a conservative former cia officer.   Definitely not a Hillary fan.

You are right, we have interfered in elections before.  It wasn't right then and it isn't right now.

And the Democrats did do a horsebleep job of putting protections into place when they knew this could be an issue.   But it doesn't justify what happened.

No NZ11, if people don't have health insurance coverage and are on costly drugs, they will be forced to cold turkey or taper too quickly.   Are you really in favor of that?   

#12 PluckyPony

PluckyPony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Not going to do much good if people are going to lose their health insurance coverage. 

That could be a blessing in disguise ...people might be forced to taper off the chemicals that they dont need. Isnt that a good thing.

It may also mean people lose access to life-saving medicines, like insulin.

Im beginning to warm to Trump.

I bet i knew what he wanted to say the other day but didnt ...He wanted to say, 'so what and America has never tried to influence other countries election processes?' ..'or hack others' ?

If he actually demonstrated that level of thoughtfulness, I would be less worried.  But he has yet to and I am bracing for the worst.  Trump has mocked everyone under the sun.  From whole groups of people to a disabled New York Times journalist (whom he viciously ridiculed by mimicking the spasms the reporter experienced), he shows very little respect for those who do not exist in his circle, which consist of the vast majority of humanity.

Unlike other far-right election waves sweeping across the globe, our far-right president elect did not win the popular vote.  He won due to possible cheating and the antiquated Electoral College, which should be abolished. With all the problems that he causes, I am sure people will quickly tire of him.  Fortunately for Trump, the Democrats specialize in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory; they cannot be counted on to lead a spirited opposition to this man.  Unless things radically change, such as people actually voting during the midterm elections, and the emergence of viable third parties, the Donald and his water bearers will be allowed to create chaos for years to come. 

Still one of my favorites, NZ! :D

2006-2009 Zyprexa and Wellbutrin (dc Wellbutrin cold turkey, dc Zyprexa cold turkey with disastrous results) 2009-2010 Transitioned from Zyprexa to Abilify 2010-2015 Reduced from 20 mg of Abilify to 8mg. Cold turkeyed once during this period but finally learned my lesson.  December 2015 -  8mg of Abilify.  Mid April 2016 -  7mg of Abilify. Mid September 2016 - 6.3mg of Abilify.  November 2016 - 5.7 mg of Abilify.  November 30, 2016 - 5.1mg of Abilify. January 8, 2017 - 4.6mg of Abilify

Be your giant, greatest fan! Words of wisdom, yes I can! Earth, Wind and Fire.

#13 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

You're too kind pluckypony,  arent we having a great discussion. lol

Actually i agree its time america changed its voting system to something more fair and something simple country foreigner folk like me can understand!

I am sure people will quickly tire of him. 

Well i hope not cos id really hate to see  Baldwin out of a job! However at the moment id say fat chance of that !

No doubt about it Alec's job is secure for quite some time...or until the tax returns are released.

if people don't have health insurance coverage and are on costly drugs, they will be forced to cold turkey or taper too quickly.   Are you really in favor of that? 

Fast tapering or CT no im not in favour of that but what about an insurance phase out period using a given formula say base it on 10% of your previous dose per month that sounds fair and reasonable.

No not a good idea for insulin.

nz11

regarding the upcoming inauguration...

"I'd like to answer the question thats on everyones mind , ...yes this is real life, its really happening"   Baldwinism

#14 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

PluckyPony,

I am actually pleasantly surprised at the Democrats being spirited in their opposition based on their previous history of caving.   I wish all the Democrats in Congress would join the 40 representatives, including my congressman, in boycotting the inauguration but I guess what is more important is that they stand strong opposing horrific cabinet picks and legislation.

CS

#15 fema4psychiatrists

fema4psychiatrists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

NZ11, I mean no offense but even Hitler/Mussolini had a few redeeming qualities.   And in case anyone thinks I am being extremely unfair, google the concerns the Holocaust Museum and Germany have expressed on similar notes.

If he was a "normal" politician, that would be a good thing but he isn't.

I know this wasn't the response you were expecting but I have to state the truth as I see it.

You are okay with slick 'normal' politicians dropping bombs on children every 10 minutes but you are scared of someone who is not a 'normal' politician and compare him to Hitler? That's totally irrational, you should listen to some alternative news sources.

Martin Luther Kings Niece endorses and votes Donald Trump, FYI she is a black woman. If Donald Trump is Hitler do you think a black woman (Martin Luther Kings Niece) would vote for him and get on with him? The media is scaring you my friend, the media is owned by the people that own us, we are their slaves and we are refusing to be sheparded into the pen. They are outkasting us with fear mongering, discreditation and driven hate.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

#16 DLB

DLB

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Well said fema. Thank God Trump won. Hillary is totally In bed with pharma and anything else she can (but not poor Bill) to have power and money. Our Democratic Party is a bunch of sick and twisted no moral people these days and as a result you have this division never seen before and arguments about what bathrooms to use by people who choose to be not normal. As someone who has been severely harmed by Levaquin and then put on Paxil due to the horrible reaction I had to Levaquin,these people are disgusting. That is almost as bad as the systematic destruction of our country by these crazies on the left so we would all need to depend on the Govt. for everything and you know how efficient and honest our government is...America dodged the fatal bullet on Nov.8 and is suffering from 8 or more years of slow cuts and bleeding from sickos on the left. Like Pelosi saying "you have to pass it to find out what is in it" about the awful healthcare that caused me to lose insurance for the first time ever in my life last year due to all of the companies going under in NY last year. Now I pay $1,850 per month (65% picked up by job thank God) compared to $650 six years ago. Pelosi saying what she said is akin to some stranger handing you a glass of liquid to drink and telling you ,"I'll tell you what you are drinking after you drink it". What normal sane person would drink it?? Well, America drank it and most working people are paying a lot more for less..
Rant over, Lol. Friday the 20th can't come soon enough!!!!!

http://www.naturalne...cketeering.html

https://medium.com/@...3c5f#.4glnsoq72

http://www.blacklist.../38/38/Y/M.html
Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.
1/01/15 - .75 mg.
1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...
2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!
3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!
4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." And I'm using small text..
4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 😃👍👍👍

#17 PluckyPony

PluckyPony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Actually i agree its time america changed its voting system to something more fair and something simple country foreigner folk like me can understand!

Well i hope not cos id really hate to see  Baldwin out of a job! However at the moment id say fat chance of that !

No doubt about it Alec's job is secure for quite some time...or until the tax returns are released.

if people don't have health insurance coverage and are on costly drugs, they will be forced to cold turkey or taper too quickly.   Are you really in favor of that? 

Fast tapering or CT no im not in favour of that but what about an insurance phase out period using a given formula say base it on 10% of your previous dose per month that sounds fair and reasonable.

nz11

"I'd like to answer the question thats on everyones mind , ...yes this is real life, its really happening"   Baldwinism

The loveliest, NZ ;) !  As much as I lean towards the zero psychotropic drugs for any reason camp, I know some people more than others definitely need more time to titrate off.  At best, those on Obamacare have a two year window to get off of the drugs. I wish the Republicans possessed a real plan other than to repeal a decent program with no viable replacement in sight. 

As for Baldwin (sigh, he looked so dreamy in the early 80s and 90s :wub: ), his Trump impressions make me laugh and cringe at the same time.  Art imitating life or life imitating art?

A bit of a tangent here, but I want to thank you from depths of my soul for your taper chart.  It has helped me a great deal.  I am forever in awe of the work you and the rest of the SA team do.  My she-ros and heroes!

PluckyPony,

I am actually pleasantly surprised at the Democrats being spirited in their opposition based on their previous history of caving.   I wish all the Democrats in Congress would join the 40 representatives, including my congressman, in boycotting the inauguration but I guess what is more important is that they stand strong opposing horrific cabinet picks and legislation.

CS

CS,  I totally agree that the Democrats must stand firm and do the best that they can to stop the more egregiously bad bills and cabinet selections.  But if past experience serves as any indicator for future performance, I would not get my hopes up too high.  I hope you are more right than I am on this...

2006-2009 Zyprexa and Wellbutrin (dc Wellbutrin cold turkey, dc Zyprexa cold turkey with disastrous results) 2009-2010 Transitioned from Zyprexa to Abilify 2010-2015 Reduced from 20 mg of Abilify to 8mg. Cold turkeyed once during this period but finally learned my lesson.  December 2015 -  8mg of Abilify.  Mid April 2016 -  7mg of Abilify. Mid September 2016 - 6.3mg of Abilify.  November 2016 - 5.7 mg of Abilify.  November 30, 2016 - 5.1mg of Abilify. January 8, 2017 - 4.6mg of Abilify

#18 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:13 AM

You're welcome Pluckypony. :)

Just wanted to point out I'm not a member of 'the' (dream) team.

I'm a free-lancer!

Go well

Just wish those Trump protesters would get over their infantile behaviour and start celebrating democracy and all the great people it produces. Did you hear the Donald attack pharma at the inauguration. Wasn't that wonderful!

I just hope pharma don't do to him what they did to Spitzer.

What an amazing! wonderful! terrific! President you all have.

nz11

#19 AliG

AliG

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,196 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

Did you hear the Donald attack pharma at the inauguration.

NZ. I haven't had time to watch it yet. Just to clarify - what did he say exactly ? 

Many SSRI's &SSNRI's over 20 years . Zoloft - 7 years .  Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and many more - on and off . No tapering. Cold turkey -  Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Drug free since May, 2014
             "Find a place inside where there's joy and the joy will burn out the pain" - Joseph Campbell

#20 Rachelina

Rachelina

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Not really interested in what Trump said about Pharma because, unlike other politicians, he does not even PRETEND to mean what he says. 

And nz11, I'm on my way to a protest right now, to stand up for my rights as a woman and to defend the rights and dignity of other groups that Trump has ridiculed and threatened. Do you really think I'm infantile? 

Trying to get off Paxil since 2007. Was tapering by 0.1 mg every 4-5 weeks. Had awful crash in November 2015 at .5 mg; updosed gradually to 2 mg. 

Doing better and tapering again, much slower this time. 3/2/16 dropped to 1.96 mg, 4/19 1.9 mg, 6/20 1.82 mg, 8/17 1.74 mg, 10/19 1.7 mg, 11/21 1.66 mg, 12/21 1.62 mg, 1/21 1.58 mg

Taking Klonopin daily since November 2015 to deal with crash. 1/10/16 started milk titration taper from .5 mg. 12/21/16 .118 mg

#21 Brandy

Brandy

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Location...

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:04 AM

NZ. I haven't had time to watch it yet. Just to clarify - what did he say exactly ?

I'm not NZ but have been watching news media of diverse points of view, as well as the inaugural address itself, day and night today, and unless I missed something, the answer to your question, Ali, is "Nothing."

If I am mistaken and somehow missed it repeatedly, please cite a source where we can actually hear Trump speak the words, and I will apologize for my error.

But about this and the OP... Welcome to the post-truth world, folks. I hope to God not too many people who suspected their doctors' withdrawal instructions were torturing them and hoped to find better advice here left in despair after reading that the point of view here is that forced tapers - and forced deaths for the many people such as my family, who would die in agony and leave loving children without parents, are equally expendable if they aren't wealthy would be a "good thing."

The closest thing I have found that this New Zealander (who may well be a Yugoslavian who invents things and makes a huge income writing them) may be referring to is his reference to drugs in the context of urban gangs and crime.

Again, if I am mistaken, please correct me but provide a source that includes Trump actually speaking those words. (Long before the recent election I have found good reason not to fully trust what any news sources - conventional or alt - say, unless they cite credible references that are verifiable, and most of what I feel is credible is seeing/hearing the person speak the words attributed to them. Sorry state of affairs, but that is too much what the world has come to.)

This whole thread's premise is so full of bullsh*t (not referring to some truly valid concerns about the flaws in the ACA, which are complex and primarily come from insurance company greed which I agree heartily should be fixed, and as soon as possible), you could fertilize the entire nation's farms with it. I agree completely with Trump that the federal government should be able to negotiate pharmaceutical prices with the manufacturers, most of which are overseas, which is another problem. The Veterans Administration and the states, and certainly the insurance companies who bear most of even federally-subsidized pharmaceutical costs, can and do negotiate significantly lower prices. The federal government actually directly purchases far less, and the recent president has been trying for about a decade to be able to negotiate the much-higher prices it is forced to pay, but is prevented from doing so by the Republicans in Congress who passed a law forbidding it and refuse to change that law.

I am summarizing this very briefly and very late at night. I would like to do a better job on this but have to get some sleep (sorry, but I'm recovering from bad respiratory infection).

But I have been horrified at what I've seen being posted on this thread, and I assure you I'm not alone. (I do keep in touch, although not as often as I should, with some long-time friends I've made here.) Hard to believe that not that long ago on this planet, most people actually tried to know what they were talking about before they spoke about things. Especially when they involved life and death. Life is not a video game, folks. I've spent literally most of my life trying to help people who were suffering horribly, often as I was also. According to this thread, those of us who are not wealthy should suffer even more, be deprived of the many forms of medical care that often involves little and often no medications, and should die young and leave children without the parents they love, and - the only thing really relevant to this site IMO - should be forced (yes, forced) to taper psych drugs (which in this country means cut tablets in half and then half again for two weeks max IF AT ALL). And no matter how many meds one is on. And assuming they can pay for the doctor's visit to prescribe them, which costs far, far more than the price of the meds. And we have been told repeatedly here that that would be a good thing.

Yes, I'm angry. Angry beyond words. (I have no problem with which political candidate anyone favors. Fwiw I am a lifelong activist for antiwar/peace and other causes I believe in, have participated in peaceful - only - demonstrations at night in the cold when I was sick as a dog... and didn't think any of the final candidates were suitable for the job and what this country needs, though as usual voted for the candidate I thought was the lesser of the evils all considering.) I'm angry at the elitism and callousness here, and most of all that it undermines what this superb site has worked so hard at doing, to support people being able to choose whether they feel going off meds is the right choice in their circumstances and being able to do so in the safest way possible for them, no matter how long it takes, with holds or microtapering, as suits their needs. I haven't been here much lately and fervently hope those goals and the knowledgable advice given about doing so haven't been discarded.

Sorry for the length of this post. I take withdrawal (and life, and preventing suicides and other needless deaths) very seriously.

Edited by scallywag, 21 January 2017 - 01:22 PM.
added blank line at paragraph breaks

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivinganti...nyone/?p=110343

#22 Brandy

Brandy

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Location...

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:11 AM

Not really interested in what Trump said about Pharma because, unlike other politicians, he does not even PRETEND to mean what he says. 

And nz11, I'm on my way to a protest right now, to stand up for my rights as a woman and to defend the rights and dignity of other groups that Trump has ridiculed and threatened. Do you really think I'm infantile? 

Rachelina, you posted as I was writing mine. Know that you are one of many SA members who will be at demonstrations today. (Those on the east coast probably already are.)

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivinganti...nyone/?p=110343

#23 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

You're welcome Pluckypony. :)

Just wanted to point out I'm not a member of 'the' (dream) team.

I'm a free-lancer!

Go well

Just wish those Trump protesters would get over their infantile behaviour and start celebrating democracy and all the great people it produces. Did you hear the Donald attack pharma at the inauguration. Wasn't that wonderful!

I just hope pharma don't do to him what they did to Spitzer.

What an amazing! wonderful! terrific! President you all have.

nz11

Did you listen to the speech?   Even former Republican staffers who aren't exactly flaming liberals, found it chilling and very threatening.  

A relative who wasn't as concerned as I was about Trump was scared to death after watching the speech.

Personally, I am worried this election is the end of Democracy but I am going to fight like hell for that not to happen.

I am curious, if Trump hasn't said anything about drug prices being high, would you still have the same opinion of him?

#24 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:39 AM

Brandy and Rachelina, great posts.

Thanks you.

#25 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

nz11

The loveliest, NZ ;) !  As much as I lean towards the zero psychotropic drugs for any reason camp, I know some people more than others definitely need more time to titrate off.  At best, those on Obamacare have a two year window to get off of the drugs. I wish the Republicans possessed a real plan other than to repeal a decent program with no viable replacement in sight. 

As for Baldwin (sigh, he looked so dreamy in the early 80s and 90s :wub: ), his Trump impressions make me laugh and cringe at the same time.  Art imitating life or life imitating art?

A bit of a tangent here, but I want to thank you from depths of my soul for your taper chart.  It has helped me a great deal.  I am forever in awe of the work you and the rest of the SA team do.  My she-ros and heroes!

PluckyPony,

CS

CS,  I totally agree that the Democrats must stand firm and do the best that they can to stop the more egregiously bad bills and cabinet selections.  But if past experience serves as any indicator for future performance, I would not get my hopes up too high.  I hope you are more right than I am on this...

PP, I am trying not to either but I still find it encouraging.   My Senator, Mark Warner, really surprised me by threatening to lead a walkout of the Democrats as vice chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee when he felt the chairman was going to limit questioning on the Russian hacking hearings.   And he is a centrist democrat who normally doesn't do things like this.

But we have to keep holding their feet to the fire.

#26 PluckyPony

PluckyPony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

Yes, I'm angry. Angry beyond words. (I have no problem with which political candidate anyone favors. Fwiw I am a lifelong activist for antiwar/peace and other causes I believe in, have participated in peaceful - only - demonstrations at night in the cold when I was sick as a dog... and didn't think any of the final candidates were suitable for the job and what this country needs, though as usual voted for the candidate I thought was the lesser of the evils all considering.) I'm angry at the elitism and callousness here, and most of all that it undermines what this superb site has worked so hard at doing, to support people being able to choose whether they feel going off meds is the right choice in their circumstances and being able to do so in the safest way possible for them, no matter how long it takes, with holds or microtapering, as suits their needs. I haven't been here much lately and fervently hope those goals and the knowledgable advice given about doing so haven't been discarded.

Sorry for the length of this post. I take withdrawal (and life, and preventing suicides and other needless deaths) very seriously.

Brandy, I apologize.  I wanted to temper the way my political beliefs came across online for the sake of maintaining peace, but I failed horribly.  When I wrote that I am zero psychotropic drug use for anybody, it came from a place of anger; the statement should have been clarified.  I do not support forced tapers, but I also don't believe in anyone being prescribed psych drugs as a response to their very real emotional pain.  I don't think the vast majority of psyche drugs actually work.  However, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the need for people to vet their news sources as well as the importance of doing real organizing work to mitigate the harm that the Trump presidency will cause. I also believe in Single Payer (national healthcare) for all, and hate elitism. 

CS, the feet of the Democrats have always been held to the fire, but in the face of adversity will they listen to us, or continue to support their corporate backers? In terms of support, I mean actual action, not just threats of potential action.  I don't know what the future holds on that one.

#27 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

I can remember about 8 years ago it was the very week Obama became President. I was in a large room and i realized there was a large group of Americans present so i went over and struck up a conversation as you do. And then i just casually said, 'Haven't you got a wonderful new President you must be so proud.' Well the response i got was unforgettable, One person turned to me and said, "We aren't proud of our new President, Obama is an evil man..." I kid you not those were the exact words.

Don't have a problem with peaceful protesting.

Anyone notice after Trumps speech he turned and the first person to shake his hand was Obama now i'm no lip reader so correct me if i'm mistaken but i think Obama said 'Good job'. 

#28 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

NZ11,

Throughout American History and I am sure as well in your country also, people who don't agree with a politician's politics will call them evil.   But this is a different situation with Trump.

http://www.rawstory....fit-for-office/.   

http://occupydemocra...onse-hilarious/

""I work in political PR. I spin all the time. What Sean Spicer did today was Soviet-style propaganda mixed with lugenpresse Nazi tactics.""

Again, I ask if you listened to his inaugural speech?   If you did and heard a NZ leader making the same type of speech, how would you feel?

Regarding Obama saying good job to Trump, he was being respectful.   It doesn't mean he approved of the speech.

CS

PS - NZ, I think our VP, Mike Pence is evil due his politics.   But if Trump got removed from office due to impeachment and he became President, at least I would feel safer with him in office. 

#29 compsports

compsports

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

PP,

You are asking some good questions about the Democrats.  Only time will tell as to what the answer is.

#30 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:49 AM

NZ11,

Throughout American History and I am sure as well in your country also, people who don't agree with a politician's politics will call them evil.   But this is a different situation with Trump.

Thanks for sharing this and the links compsports.

This may come as a bit of a surprise to you but i have never heard of someone in nz refer to a nz politician as evil.

It could be that i go around with my head in the sand. An idiot a pig yes and other words but not 'evil'.

I think this could also be due to a different national psyche. I haven't travelled much but i have visited a couple of countries and what struck me about america is the word 'God' is often invoked in the  public arena without a second thought and God is considered in America to be one of the national heroes. This is not the case in NZ. The word Go(o)d then means that the word (d)evil is not far off.

Evil is very much a religious vocab word its strange and unusual and not thrown around in our society casually. It is a word that is linked to fundamentalism which is very quick to label something or someone evil. In nz this word is reserved for extreme moral wickedness cases. Murderers and the like.

Perhaps down here we live in a more relativistic society,  i dont know.

Did i listen to the Trump speech -yes i did

Have i ever heard of a speech like Trumps in nz. No, i would think that only in America one would hear such a speech.

You can bet that no politician in nz would be so audacious to make such bold claims about all hes going to do. 

But good for him the American psyche is well trained from a young age in the art of positive thinking ...you guys wrote the book on it right. It was in America that i first heard the verb 'enjoy' used as an imperative. It was only in America that a 4 yr old told me that they liked my shirt but i wore the same shirt yesterday and perhaps i should change it for today!! lol

I am pretty sure that no nz politician would be so bold as to assure such divine protection.

I cant imagine a NZ politician being able to survive the daily testimonies from woman that Trump survived.

It was unbelievable.

It seems hypocritical that the military would criticize  Trump on treatment of woman when "sexual assault in the US military ..remains an alarming pervasive issue."

I'm not excusing his behaviour but clearly it didnt bother a lot of voters.

I'm not commenting in this thread anymore i should have known better than to raise this topic.

Go well.

Peace

nz11

We are all on the same Team.