If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

Law Suits and Documentaries

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jaco2016

Jaco2016

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:10 AM

I was wondering if anyone has considered taking legal action against a drug company for the hell that you r been through trying to get off AD? Also if anyone has seen or even considered making your own documentary to bring public awareness to drug w/d? There is obviously so much information and so many stories here on this forum one could easily (considering they can manage their w/d symptoms) make a long documentary about this!!!

March 1, 2017-Present Discontinued Wellbutrin. Drug free DAY 1 - so far so good!!

February 15-March 1 2017: Tapering Wellbutrin. Now down from 150mg 2x/day to 75mg 1x/day; some w/d

December 24, 2016- Feb. 15 2017: Switched to Wellbutrin 150mg 2x/day after Genesight testing; currently in w/d from Celexa. Wellbutrin side effects: constipation, mild weight loss, vivid dreams

August 4-December 23, 2016: Reinstated Citalopram 30mg due to onset of depressive symptoms from Prozac.

March 18-August 3, 2016: Switched to Prozac 30mg

Feb-March 2016  After 5 weeks of severe withdrawal reinstated Celexa

Jan-Feb 2016  Tapered 5mg/every week to 0mg

August 2015-Jan. 2016: Celexa 30mg. (side effects: REM sleep behavior disorder, severe constipation, etc, etc.)

Prior drug history:

2008-2016: Celexa 30-40mg/day after severe panic attack after accidental CT from Strattera and Xanax

2006-2007: Strattera ?80mg/day for "ADD" in college, Xanax 2mg as needed for anxiety

#2 Dez

Dez

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationAlabama/Florida, USA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:15 AM

I think a documentary would be a great idea. While my symptoms aren't as bad as others, I'd be a willing participant. Too many people are going through this and they shouldn't be. Some people lose years of quality of life from these withdrawals. As for a lawsuit, with very few doctors even acknowledging this, I'm not sure if it would hold up. It'd be great to try.

- 2010 Fluoxetine 20mg (no issues, did well)
- Mid 2012 Switched to Celexa 20mg (no issues with switch)
- 6/16 Stopped Celexa (always took med once every other day, tapered to once every three days for about a week and a half, took one a week for one week, no problems)
- 10/20/16 Started Celexa 20mg (next day had panic attacks, stopped after three days, kept having panic attacks and anxiety rest of the month)
- 10/28/16 Started Paxil 20mg (took for almost a week, had suicidal thoughts/severe derealization, tapered off to one every other day for a few days)
- 12/8/16 Buspirone 5mg twice daily (felt drowsy but kept anxiety under wraps, still taking it)
- 12/27/16 Venlafaxine XR 37.5mg (took two days, migraine first day, headache all day second day, third day had severe depression/outbursts of crying, couldn't stop most of the day, bad invasive thoughts, never took third dose because of it)
- 1/7/17 taper Buspirone 20% (miscalculation but doing well), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month to almost half each pill

- 2/3/17 taper Buspirone 2.5mg twice daily (did fine, listened to body), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month

* Aromatherapy 100% oils in diffuser every night *

* Morning stretching routine every day *

#3 ccdiane

ccdiane

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

I also think that the more public awareness is what's needed. However, out west here, one seems to be a lonely star. Especially, like with my sister, whom I had gotten permission from her practitioner to taper her off 3 harmful drugs. Unfortunately, that almost 2 years of freedom was erupted by a state agency and the health administration which claims their decision was based on the medical community. So once again, being pulled back into the system with 3 drugs again, my sister tells me, and there seems to be no help legally or medically to free her because of guardian through a non-profit corporation who has stopped her legally 3 times as of now. She so desperately wants back with the family to live her own life. But unless, there is what I call a "loophole" in the medical and legal system, she may not experience a free drug life again. Sorry for putting it that way. 

#4 Jayjohnny

Jayjohnny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

It's easier said than done is the only problem. There are no tests, as of yet, which can detect if a drug is still in ones system after a year or longer. Only then would doctors admit to this and this would allow lawsuits to move forward!! Until the day comes, the drug companies have the upper hand since it is very hard to prove!
2005: Began switching from one ssri to the next. Very little tapering time was instructed by my psychiatrist. Tried just about every drug on the market. Some two or three times. Nothing reallly helped my moderate depression and anxiety. They only made things worse most of the time!!
2014: Began experiencing severe symptoms while still taking Zoloft, oddly enough. Was forced to quit drugs altogether.
2017: A new year begins having experienced substantial improvement. Still not sure if my symptoms were severe protracted withdrawal or a severe reaction to a med, or possibly a combination of each.

#5 Martina23

Martina23

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

I am trying now to sue but it is almost impossible. To sue doctors is impossible as you can not really prove that they did not inform you on the side effects. To sue a big pharma is very difficult. There is a problem to find a lawyer, there is a problem to find an expert witness (at least in my country, maybe in US it is already better, but they are very expensive - at least the good ones, somewhere was written, that by bigger trials you can pay up to  100.000 Dollar on expenditures for expert witnesses) and I would recomment to find a legal funding company, as if you lose you have to pay also laywers from big pharma and that is a lot of money. And there are not many legal funding companies which would take the case, as it is sensitive matter. I think to sue in US may be already sucessful if you have a good lawyer and expert witness, outside of US it is still tough and quite a risk.

I still try but time is going, I am near the filing dealine and I still dont have any measurable breakthrough.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-
symptoms OCD

#6 Mort81

Mort81

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

Very few people I think have succeeded in sueing these dirt bags. I wish u luck. Something needs to breakthrough for all of us to be able to sue. I saw a 300 person cymbalta lawsuit failed. They all complained about the discontinuation symptoms and the judge through it out. There's almost no justice for us. I think a guy named Luke Montague successfully sued he was awarded 600,000. Not sure how much he got to keep with lawyer inflation.
Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th Clonazapam. Currently 0.10mg daily. PPI Dexlant 20-30mg for last 29 months currently at 30mg

#7 Jaco2016

Jaco2016

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

I am trying now to sue but it is almost impossible. To sue doctors is impossible as you can not really prove that they did not inform you on the side effects. To sue a big pharma is very difficult. There is a problem to find a lawyer, there is a problem to find an expert witness (at least in my country, maybe in US it is already better, but they are very expensive - at least the good ones, somewhere was written, that by bigger trials you can pay up to  100.000 Dollar on expenditures for expert witnesses) and I would recomment to find a legal funding company, as if you lose you have to pay also laywers from big pharma and that is a lot of money. And there are not many legal funding companies which would take the case, as it is sensitive matter. I think to sue in US may be already sucessful if you have a good lawyer and expert witness, outside of US it is still tough and quite a risk.

I still try but time is going, I am near the filing dealine and I still dont have any measurable breakthrough.

Please keep us posted how things go!

March 1, 2017-Present Discontinued Wellbutrin. Drug free DAY 1 - so far so good!!

February 15-March 1 2017: Tapering Wellbutrin. Now down from 150mg 2x/day to 75mg 1x/day; some w/d

December 24, 2016- Feb. 15 2017: Switched to Wellbutrin 150mg 2x/day after Genesight testing; currently in w/d from Celexa. Wellbutrin side effects: constipation, mild weight loss, vivid dreams

August 4-December 23, 2016: Reinstated Citalopram 30mg due to onset of depressive symptoms from Prozac.

March 18-August 3, 2016: Switched to Prozac 30mg

Feb-March 2016  After 5 weeks of severe withdrawal reinstated Celexa

Jan-Feb 2016  Tapered 5mg/every week to 0mg

August 2015-Jan. 2016: Celexa 30mg. (side effects: REM sleep behavior disorder, severe constipation, etc, etc.)

Prior drug history:

2008-2016: Celexa 30-40mg/day after severe panic attack after accidental CT from Strattera and Xanax

2006-2007: Strattera ?80mg/day for "ADD" in college, Xanax 2mg as needed for anxiety

#8 Martina23

Martina23

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:36 AM

Mort, a 300 cymbalta persons lawsuit failed? Oh my God. That is quite an unjustice.
05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-
symptoms OCD

#9 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationReading, UK and also Southwest, UK

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

Last year, I took part in the BBC2 documentary about the serious side effects of anti-depressants which was part of the Victoria Derbyshire show.

I think there will be a follow up programme at some point.
Feb 2014 -Cipralex/Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms disappeared over a few days. Have been on this dose ever since and am experiencing "windows" and "waves". Nov 15th 2016 Re-started Therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT. Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 4th Jan 2017. Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment starts - anti-Candida diet starts as diagnosis of Systemic Candida. 24 March 2017 DETOX started for anti-Candida to help "re-set" my gut.
Plan to re-start taper (liquid Cipralex/Escitalopram)

#10 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationReading, UK and also Southwest, UK

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:18 AM

Very few people I think have succeeded in sueing these dirt bags. I wish u luck. Something needs to breakthrough for all of us to be able to sue. I saw a 300 person cymbalta lawsuit failed. They all complained about the discontinuation symptoms and the judge through it out. There's almost no justice for us. I think a guy named Luke Montague successfully sued he was awarded 600,000. Not sure how much he got to keep with lawyer inflation.

Mort, he is British aristocracy so has clout and connections. He was awarded £1.3M including cost of legal fees.
Feb 2014 -Cipralex/Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms disappeared over a few days. Have been on this dose ever since and am experiencing "windows" and "waves". Nov 15th 2016 Re-started Therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT. Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 4th Jan 2017. Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment starts - anti-Candida diet starts as diagnosis of Systemic Candida. 24 March 2017 DETOX started for anti-Candida to help "re-set" my gut.
Plan to re-start taper (liquid Cipralex/Escitalopram)

#11 zebb

zebb

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPurley, Surrey, UK

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

I just lost an appeal then come across this and it made me realise then why I didn't stand a chance. Most of us don't stand a chance they have it all very well worked out before you even try. 

https://healthwyze.o...ense_manual.pdf

Paroxetine 30mg April 2000-Spring 2007 Citalopram 20mg Spring 2007-Spring 2009 Mirtazapine 15mg July 2009-Spring 2010 Mirtazapine 30mg Spring 2010

#12 zebb

zebb

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

Documentary's and everyone telling their stories is probably one way or mass petitions or something. Everyone should write to their MP's on the same day with media in attendance or something. I don't know its hard to know whats the best thing way to do things but what ever we do do I think it best that everyone works together in large numbers. On your own is just pointless.

Paroxetine 30mg April 2000-Spring 2007 Citalopram 20mg Spring 2007-Spring 2009 Mirtazapine 15mg July 2009-Spring 2010 Mirtazapine 30mg Spring 2010

#13 zebb

zebb

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Read the pill that steals lives latest story. It was in this story I obtained the above information.

http://www.thepillth...rom-kurt-danish

#14 ccdiane

ccdiane

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

Zebb, you are right about everyone should work together in large numbers. But to get each state to form such a large numbers, I believe it would take a lot of willingness, time and effort to seek out many of them start this in each state. Because where my sister and I are living, it's like a small hand full of people are saying that it isn't right whats happening, however, they seem to not want to stir up anything, instead they just rather keep their complaints in their little circles. The medical legal system here isn't much help either. We both tried and failed. 

#15 zebb

zebb

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

CCDIANE Maybe we could all do something online like write a long letter and get all the SSRI community together to sign it and send it to our governments, media e.t..c demanding something is done like an inquiry or whatever. Can you imagine people from different parts of the world all signing together, why stick to just our own small community's when it is happening all over the world. I am sure we could all do a lot more than we are doing, We are all coming together here and other similar websites there is no reason why we cant all get together and do something. What we need is someone who can take the lead and make this happen. Someone who is intelligent and educated enough to know how to write. Every website owner could send everyone a copy of the letter or petition for members to sign, we could also get the media involved. Nothing will change if we all sit back and do nothing.

#16 ccdiane

ccdiane

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

Zebb, I agree with your statement. I wasn't saying to completely stick to our own little community. What I meant was, by starting with our own community,off line and online, which seems to be clueless or blinded to all this. By starting that way, and then grow it in large it, it becomes a very very large community off line and online to get the attention of all governments in all the states and countries world wide. 

Though I recently received news that our President Elect- Donald Trump stated he will be draining the pharmacy swamp. This I got to see. I hope he does. 

#17 fema4psychiatrists

fema4psychiatrists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

Well I would turn up in actual person. This is what it is going to take as the medical damages legal numbers will not take on our cases. One was made for me called "drugged up as a child; Stripped of my sexuality as a man" on youtube but we would do better in bigger collaborative numbers to work on this...

Also making/going on podcasts etc. we are really behind...

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

#18 Mort81

Mort81

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

Thanks JC yes he had lots of pull,takes money to defeat money I guess. I think the only way to get people to notice would be a huge movement of some sort. I hate to believe this but I think we are 50 yrs away. I thought of doing a grass roots effort in my city. Making a well informed science backed flyer and handing out over a million on people cars. It probably would go nowhere but I've thought of plenty of ideas. Something would need to be trending #1 on Twitter or Facebook but I have lost so much faith in authorities I feel it could be censored.
Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th Clonazapam. Currently 0.10mg daily. PPI Dexlant 20-30mg for last 29 months currently at 30mg

#19 Mort81

Mort81

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

Did anybody watch Letters of generation rx? And if so is this a good Doc to teach someone about medication WD?
Does it show people who were on 1 drug difficulties? I'm certain it shows the the people who were wrongly poly drugged. Don't want to know too much about it as I am scared to watch anything just if I can recommend for friends or family.

#20 Martina23

Martina23

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

I will also take part if someone has some good idea what we could do.

Zebb: I read your Zoloft litigation manual and it made me terribly angry. We have to do something. This pharma people are such pigs.

symptoms OCD