SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Lawsuits about psychiatric drug adverse effects and withdrawal

Shanti

I think a documentary would be a great idea. While my symptoms aren't as bad as others, I'd be a willing participant. Too many people are going through this and they shouldn't be. Some people lose years of quality of life from these withdrawals. As for a lawsuit, with very few doctors even acknowledging this, I'm not sure if it would hold up. It'd be great to try.

- 2010 Fluoxetine 20mg (no issues, did well)
- Mid 2012 Switched to Celexa 20mg (no issues with switch)
- 6/16 Stopped Celexa (always took med once every other day, tapered to once every three days for about a week and a half, took one a week for one week, no problems)
- 10/20/16 Started Celexa 20mg (next day had panic attacks, stopped after three days, kept having panic attacks and anxiety rest of the month)
- 10/28/16 Started Paxil 20mg (took for almost a week, had suicidal thoughts/severe derealization, tapered off to one every other day for a few days)
- 12/8/16 Buspirone 5mg twice daily (felt drowsy but kept anxiety under wraps, still taking it)
- 12/27/16 Venlafaxine XR 37.5mg (took two days, migraine first day, headache all day second day, third day had severe depression/outbursts of crying, couldn't stop most of the day, bad invasive thoughts, never took third dose because of it)
- 1/7/17 taper Buspirone 20% (miscalculation but doing well), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month to almost half each pill

- 2/3/17 taper Buspirone 2.5mg twice daily (did fine, listened to body), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month

* Aromatherapy 100% oils in diffuser every night *

* Morning stretching routine every day *

I also think that the more public awareness is what's needed. However, out west here, one seems to be a lonely star. Especially, like with my sister, whom I had gotten permission from her practitioner to taper her off 3 harmful drugs. Unfortunately, that almost 2 years of freedom was erupted by a state agency and the health administration which claims their decision was based on the medical community. So once again, being pulled back into the system with 3 drugs again, my sister tells me, and there seems to be no help legally or medically to free her because of guardian through a non-profit corporation who has stopped her legally 3 times as of now. She so desperately wants back with the family to live her own life. But unless, there is what I call a "loophole" in the medical and legal system, she may not experience a free drug life again. Sorry for putting it that way. 

It's easier said than done is the only problem. There are no tests, as of yet, which can detect if a drug is still in ones system after a year or longer. Only then would doctors admit to this and this would allow lawsuits to move forward!! Until the day comes, the drug companies have the upper hand since it is very hard to prove!

2005: Began switching from one ssri to the next. Very little tapering time was instructed by my psychiatrist. Tried just about every drug on the market. Some two or three times. Nothing reallly helped my moderate depression and anxiety. They only made things worse most of the time!!

2014: Began experiencing severe symptoms while still taking Zoloft, oddly enough. Was forced to quit drugs altogether.

2017: A new year begins having experienced substantial improvement. Still not sure if my symptoms were severe protracted withdrawal or a severe reaction to a med, or possibly a combination of each.

I am trying now to sue but it is almost impossible. To sue doctors is impossible as you can not really prove that they did not inform you on the side effects. To sue a big pharma is very difficult. There is a problem to find a lawyer, there is a problem to find an expert witness (at least in my country, maybe in US it is already better, but they are very expensive - at least the good ones, somewhere was written, that by bigger trials you can pay up to  100.000 Dollar on expenditures for expert witnesses) and I would recomment to find a legal funding company, as if you lose you have to pay also laywers from big pharma and that is a lot of money. And there are not many legal funding companies which would take the case, as it is sensitive matter. I think to sue in US may be already sucessful if you have a good lawyer and expert witness, outside of US it is still tough and quite a risk.

I still try but time is going, I am near the filing dealine and I still dont have any measurable breakthrough.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Very few people I think have succeeded in sueing these dirt bags. I wish u luck. Something needs to breakthrough for all of us to be able to sue. I saw a 300 person cymbalta lawsuit failed. They all complained about the discontinuation symptoms and the judge through it out. There's almost no justice for us. I think a guy named Luke Montague successfully sued he was awarded 600,000. Not sure how much he got to keep with lawyer inflation.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

I am trying now to sue but it is almost impossible. To sue doctors is impossible as you can not really prove that they did not inform you on the side effects. To sue a big pharma is very difficult. There is a problem to find a lawyer, there is a problem to find an expert witness (at least in my country, maybe in US it is already better, but they are very expensive - at least the good ones, somewhere was written, that by bigger trials you can pay up to  100.000 Dollar on expenditures for expert witnesses) and I would recomment to find a legal funding company, as if you lose you have to pay also laywers from big pharma and that is a lot of money. And there are not many legal funding companies which would take the case, as it is sensitive matter. I think to sue in US may be already sucessful if you have a good lawyer and expert witness, outside of US it is still tough and quite a risk.

I still try but time is going, I am near the filing dealine and I still dont have any measurable breakthrough.

Please keep us posted how things go!

June-Current Started Pristiq 50mg 

March-June Discontinued Wellbutrin. 

February 15-March 1 2017: Taper Wellbutrin. 

December 24, 2016- Feb. 15 2017: Switched to Wellbutrin 150mg 2x/day after Genesight testing; 

August 4-December 23, 2016: Reinstate celexa

March 18-August 3, 2016: Switched to Prozac 

Feb-March 2016   Reinstate celexa

Jan-Feb 2016  Tapered 5mg/every week to 0mg

August 2015-Jan. 2016: Celexa 30mg

2008-2016: Celexa 30-40mg/day for anxiety

2006-2007: Strattera ?80mg/day + xanax

Mort, a 300 cymbalta persons lawsuit failed? Oh my God. That is quite an unjustice.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Last year, I took part in the BBC2 documentary about the serious side effects of anti-depressants which was part of the Victoria Derbyshire show.

I think there will be a follow up programme at some point.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Very few people I think have succeeded in sueing these dirt bags. I wish u luck. Something needs to breakthrough for all of us to be able to sue. I saw a 300 person cymbalta lawsuit failed. They all complained about the discontinuation symptoms and the judge through it out. There's almost no justice for us. I think a guy named Luke Montague successfully sued he was awarded 600,000. Not sure how much he got to keep with lawyer inflation.

Mort, he is British aristocracy so has clout and connections. He was awarded £1.3M including cost of legal fees.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

I just lost an appeal then come across this and it made me realise then why I didn't stand a chance. Most of us don't stand a chance they have it all very well worked out before you even try. 

https://healthwyze.org/archive/zoloft_defense_manual.pdf

Paroxetine 30mg April 2000-Spring 2007 Citalopram 20mg Spring 2007-Spring 2009 Mirtazapine 15mg July 2009-Spring 2010 Mirtazapine 30mg Spring 2010

Documentary's and everyone telling their stories is probably one way or mass petitions or something. Everyone should write to their MP's on the same day with media in attendance or something. I don't know its hard to know whats the best thing way to do things but what ever we do do I think it best that everyone works together in large numbers. On your own is just pointless.

Paroxetine 30mg April 2000-Spring 2007 Citalopram 20mg Spring 2007-Spring 2009 Mirtazapine 15mg July 2009-Spring 2010 Mirtazapine 30mg Spring 2010

Zebb, you are right about everyone should work together in large numbers. But to get each state to form such a large numbers, I believe it would take a lot of willingness, time and effort to seek out many of them start this in each state. Because where my sister and I are living, it's like a small hand full of people are saying that it isn't right whats happening, however, they seem to not want to stir up anything, instead they just rather keep their complaints in their little circles. The medical legal system here isn't much help either. We both tried and failed. 

CCDIANE Maybe we could all do something online like write a long letter and get all the SSRI community together to sign it and send it to our governments, media e.t..c demanding something is done like an inquiry or whatever. Can you imagine people from different parts of the world all signing together, why stick to just our own small community's when it is happening all over the world. I am sure we could all do a lot more than we are doing, We are all coming together here and other similar websites there is no reason why we cant all get together and do something. What we need is someone who can take the lead and make this happen. Someone who is intelligent and educated enough to know how to write. Every website owner could send everyone a copy of the letter or petition for members to sign, we could also get the media involved. Nothing will change if we all sit back and do nothing.

Zebb, I agree with your statement. I wasn't saying to completely stick to our own little community. What I meant was, by starting with our own community,off line and online, which seems to be clueless or blinded to all this. By starting that way, and then grow it in large it, it becomes a very very large community off line and online to get the attention of all governments in all the states and countries world wide. 

Though I recently received news that our President Elect- Donald Trump stated he will be draining the pharmacy swamp. This I got to see. I hope he does. 

Well I would turn up in actual person. This is what it is going to take as the medical damages legal numbers will not take on our cases. One was made for me called "drugged up as a child; Stripped of my sexuality as a man" on youtube but we would do better in bigger collaborative numbers to work on this...

Also making/going on podcasts etc. we are really behind...

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

I believe bruxism is considered a movement disorder.

I saw this on social media, so I'm not sure if it counts as "media" or not, but I do think it should have the highest visibility possible.  It's come to my attention that there is a group of people online who have come together and who have contracted the services of a law firm to go after the psych meds that have caused movement disorders.  I personally called the law firm and they were SO kind and SO attentive, and took everything I said very seriously about my movement disorder.

Here is the blurb that is circulating online.  Please read through it and contact the phone number IF you have a medication-induced movement disorder:

"Have you come down with a movement disorder from psych meds, whether they were prescribed to you on-label OR off-label? Did you come down with permanent or temporary dystonia or dyskinesia or akathisia or myoclonus from psych meds?

Please join me and others who are working with a law firm to hold the pharma companies accountable.

Call Grisham and Barnhardt at 434-293-2939. Ask to speak with partner attorneys Tyler or Addison, or with their assistant/paralegal Bethany.

Please, we need ALL the victims to come forward, no matter how long ago this happened to you!"  

Is this lawsuit  valid for anyone outiside US ? The problem with many coutnries they don't have much good legal system againts such issues and India is one of them and I live here. I have got osteophytes in neck when I was on Paxil and severe sensitivity in all good teeth due to induced Bruxism. 

I am in sever withdrawal and I know no doctor here who understands withdrawal. Even some  are not prone to internet or say people are doing this due to sheer attention.  I don't know why they are here in the first place (Only reason I think of is God like treatment). Quality of education and morals are so doomed here - that such people are here and making millions on lives of others.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

I believe bruxism is considered a movement disorder.

I saw this on social media, so I'm not sure if it counts as "media" or not, but I do think it should have the highest visibility possible.  It's come to my attention that there is a group of people online who have come together and who have contracted the services of a law firm to go after the psych meds that have caused movement disorders.  I personally called the law firm and they were SO kind and SO attentive, and took everything I said very seriously about my movement disorder.

Here is the blurb that is circulating online.  Please read through it and contact the phone number IF you have a medication-induced movement disorder:

"Have you come down with a movement disorder from psych meds, whether they were prescribed to you on-label OR off-label? Did you come down with permanent or temporary dystonia or dyskinesia or akathisia or myoclonus from psych meds?

Please join me and others who are working with a law firm to hold the pharma companies accountable.

Call Grisham and Barnhardt at 434-293-2939. Ask to speak with partner attorneys Tyler or Addison, or with their assistant/paralegal Bethany.

Please, we need ALL the victims to come forward, no matter how long ago this happened to you!"  

Is this lawsuit  valid for anyone outiside US ? The problem with many coutnries they don't have much good legal system againts such issues and India is one of them and I live here. I have got osteophytes in neck when I was on Paxil and severe sensitivity in all good teeth due to induced Bruxism. 

I am in sever withdrawal and I know no doctor here who understands withdrawal. Even some  are not prone to internet or say people are doing this due to sheer attention.  I don't know why they are here in the first place (Only reason I think of is God like treatment). Quality of education and morals are so doomed here - that such people are here and making millions on lives of others.

I looked up the website of these attorneys and couldn't find anything relating to this lawsuit or that they even deal with medical malpractice.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately doctors are clueless about antidepressant withdrawal absolutely everywhere.

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
2009-3/2013: Switched to Pristiq 50 mg then 100 mg
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
8/2013-8/2014: Tapering Lexapro (Lots of withdrawal symptoms)
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

I have a movement disorder now... some days full blown I can't walk other days I can walk it came on suddenly this past summer.  Seems nobody including doctors want to help me.  I had an EEG showed abnormal movement in my on leg that is all that was jerking that day... it was a good day.  That is it referred to a movement disorder clinic wait time 2 years. My family doctor who witness the full blown events I have says it looks like huntingtons disease to her but it isn't apparently. 

Don't hold your breath on any of this get off the drugs as soon as you can taper if you can and don't look back.  I don't see any real change coming so please protect yourself.  I have not taken an AD since 2007 the first sign of movement disorder came that summer head drops and foot dragging I had leg jerking termed restless leg years before this... all while on the drugs.  This may well be the effects of long term AD use it would not surprise me.  I am told I have a multiple chemical sensitivity as jerking is much worse if I am exposed to shampoo or perfume ect... causes listed as a large exposure to a toxin or gradual long term exposure... could that be taking ADs for 18 years I really don't know but I am sure it can't be good for a person. 

wishing you all healing and peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Did this lawsuit happen?

In June 2014 I was taking Celexa for 2 days, 25 mg zoloft 8 weeks, 10 mg Paxil 3 months and 10 mg Lexapro 1 month tapered off in 2 wks.. Was on a total of 6 months had side effects to them all. Went off and had my first panic attack a month later in January 2015. In March 2015 was having stomach issues and was put on Xanax for a week Dr. Said it was anxiety. End of that week woke up heart racing so was put back on Lexapro 5 MG and the next night is when my sleep got messed up. Literally not sleeping

Was it the Xanax or lexapro?? Went off sleep on and off and taking Xanax on and off. The end of April 2015 tried Buspar for 2 days and had side effects and could not sleep at all. Middle of May 2015 went on Ambien and lexapro again. Inner vibration started. Switched to paxil. Went off Ambien in June 2015 and off Paxil July 2015. October 2015 got worse went of zoloft 12.5 mg through December 2015. I was tolerating what I was going through January and February 2016. Then March got worse with horrible panic. Tried hypnotherapy in May 2016 a couple times couldn't Relax when she started counting backwards it freaked me out. Started not sleeping again in May. Went back on Xanax for 2 months May-July 2016. Tried liquid Prozac 5 mg then 10 mg side effects July - August then switched Zoloft 12.5 mg August - September 2016. Been off antidepressants since September 5, 2016. Been off Xanax since July 28, 2016, but I have taken it 8 other times since then through May 2017. Have symptoms going on with agoraphobia. Is this withdrawal??

May 2017 feeling horrible and more intense symptoms.

Doctor's do not want to know once they have harmed you. They really pretended to care to kill us with drugs.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

Thanks JC yes he had lots of pull,takes money to defeat money I guess. I think the only way to get people to notice would be a huge movement of some sort. I hate to believe this but I think we are 50 yrs away. I thought of doing a grass roots effort in my city. Making a well informed science backed flyer and handing out over a million on people cars. It probably would go nowhere but I've thought of plenty of ideas. Something would need to be trending #1 on Twitter or Facebook but I have lost so much faith in authorities I feel it could be censored.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody watch Letters of generation rx? And if so is this a good Doc to teach someone about medication WD?

Does it show people who were on 1 drug difficulties? I'm certain it shows the the people who were wrongly poly drugged. Don't want to know too much about it as I am scared to watch anything just if I can recommend for friends or family.

I will also take part if someone has some good idea what we could do.

Zebb: I read your Zoloft litigation manual and it made me terribly angry. We have to do something. This pharma people are such pigs.

symptoms OCD

• 1 month later...

Did this lawsuit happen?

I haven't found anything.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• 2 weeks later...

Is this lawsuit still going on?? I'd love more info and to join. I recently joined twitter to make a case against GSK and big pharma. I'd love to help however I can!!!

Sep '18 - became pregnant  in late August, then on 9/5 insomnia/anxiety went THROUGH the roof. I tried a lot of things but here is what is current: 

Paroxetine: 6.2mg (began 9/5/18, and there was a new manufacturer of which I just found out 2 days ago) during the day

Olanzapine 7.5mg at night

Ambien: 5-10mg at night

Xanex: 5-10mg at night

Fish Oil: for prenatal things

• Aug '18: Paroxetine 6.6mg, (30mg thyroid hormone, fish oil, vit D3, SBI protect, probiotic. Following AIP diet)
  • Mar '16: began taper from 20mg. Decreasing .75mg or less each month or more. Sporadically used Ambien &/or Trazodone for insomnia. 
  •  Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 
  • Oct'12-Sep'15: 20mg Paxil
  • Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.
  • Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  Other meds taken sporadically: Ativan, Abilify, Xyrem 

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness. 

• 2 months later...

Although this news segment I just saw on TV is about Ohio Atty. General's lawsuit against pharmaceutical companies re opioids, I found much of it relevant to what is repeatedly posted in patient accounts here about doctors' advice, such as if having problems with a med you need to increase dose, etc. I hope we can find a way to get the government and doctors to realize that the advice pharma often gives is not medically sound but to increase their sales (profits). I don't know how long the segment (from MSNBC) will be up, but here's the link for now: http://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watch/ohio-atty-gen-i-ve-lived-through-opioid-crisis-959038531610

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

• 3 weeks later...

LAWSUIT UPDATE

This lawsuit is NOT moving forward, since we were unable to find a law firm to take our case. We had just over 10 plaintiffs with movement disorders, which if we'd had a larger number of plaintiffs all with same condition, maybe would have been a more viable suit a firm would be willing to take, I don't know.

There are lawsuits being attempted for Effexor regarding birth defects. For news on lawsuits you can go to this site: classaction.org, and sign up for the email list.

Aug.22.2019 20mg | July.4.2019 20.5mg | May.16.2019 22mg | Mar.28.2019 23.5mg | Feb.7.2019 25mg | Dec.20.2018 26.5mg | Nov.1.2018 28.5mg | Sept.13.2018 30.5mg | July.26.2018 32mg | June.7.2018 33.5mg | Apr.19.2018 35.14mg | Mar.1.2018 37mg | Jan.11.2018 39mg | Nov.2.2017 41mg. | Sept.21.2017 stepping down to 43mg. Aug.10.17 45mg. | June 1.17 47mg.| Apr.20.17 50mg | Feb.12.17 53mg  | Jan.1.17 56mg | Nov.9.16 59mg | Sept.1.16 62mg | June 16 .16 65mg.  May 21 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 70mg. 

April 22 2016 switched from Venlafaxine XR 75mg to: different brand, Venlafaxine non-extended release 75mg. Been taking Effexor XR 75mg. many years. Tried reducing last year, began having bad side effects. 

• 2 months later...

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

such a shame and a disgrace...paroxetine is what has ruined me...still having some awful days almost 3 1/2 years after quitting....think I might have internal akathisia,comes and goes..my vision is ruined....just pray to God I can survive this.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been largely anhedonic for over a year and it is hell on earth

It seems many many people go through this torture.

Anyone have any two cents on legal action??

I'M from Ireland, I've contacted the number one legal experts on medical negligence and I'm considering waging war 😉

Not sure if I'll get satisfaction but worth a look

late July...lexapro 10 seroquel 25.....due to mild depression......adverse reaction, suicidal thoughts, hospitalization

August....felt that meds were ripping stomach apart....docs didn't believe me..upped meds to seroquel 125, lexapro 20, mirtazapine 30, olanzapine 20....stayed on these drugs unitl mid november......severe anhedonia all the time...mid novemeber 2016 , began taper.....very small windows of emotion...Christmas....off everything by Christmas day......last six weeks, cried and laughed on a number of occasions for first time since taking initial meds....8 occasions of strong emotion over 6 weeks in ealry 2016.......doubting recovery......

BIG WINDOW IN july 2017, felt incredible, lasted a month or so, felt close to recovered...window left, september to Chrimstas 17 was anhedonic hell.....Turn of the year, January 2018, some very strong days (a window) offering renewed hope

back to hell until late February 2018, strong 10 day window....followed by anhedonic wave for 7 months straight! not a flicker of normalcy

September 2018 ...incredible window...followed by three month wave.January 2019.... a strong window

window subsided, but new baseline was higher.....life since January 2019 ( 9 months and counting) has been far better. Complete anhedonia is gone!! God, I've tears writing that. I am far from recovered, but far from hell...to use a scale, if life is rated out of a hundred, I was about minus 50 for the majority of 2 years..I know feel about 30 per cent of self, experiences intermittent flickers of normal life regularly....My days have more quality and I am optimistic of recovery. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to My friends, legal action for Anhedonia?

From;

http://www.anhedoniasupport.com/  i have read that "training your brain" might be the solution to anhedonia. I am a victim of anhedonia too. You should ask your doctor for cognitive brain training support.

I remember having dr kawashima's brain training "game" somewhere, i should give it a try and report them here.

what do you mean by legal action? I dont understand because my motherlanguage isnt english.

Zyprexa was first: started 23 of february 10 mg Only for few weeks 1-2w.

truxal and levozin were for my sleeping problem for only few weeks also.

Abilify:  2mg started march/2017 at first for few weeks and then injection 300-400mg april/2017 to july/2017

Risperdal: 1.0 mg, started 18th of july to this day.

Hi nicolantana. I wish you well, and I do sympathise, as I believe I have the same result from using these meds as you. When you say "largely anhedonic", is there anything at all that makes you happy like you remember you used to be, never mind feeling good emotions like love or empathy?

Hey...nothing that makes me feel good in this anhedonjc state. Completely out of my control. But I am having some windows...when I have these windows....music nature people TV everything makes me feel good. But this is rare apart from one big window in the summer.

And you? Think I read you're page....went through something similar but feeling emotions again?

late July...lexapro 10 seroquel 25.....due to mild depression......adverse reaction, suicidal thoughts, hospitalization

August....felt that meds were ripping stomach apart....docs didn't believe me..upped meds to seroquel 125, lexapro 20, mirtazapine 30, olanzapine 20....stayed on these drugs unitl mid november......severe anhedonia all the time...mid novemeber 2016 , began taper.....very small windows of emotion...Christmas....off everything by Christmas day......last six weeks, cried and laughed on a number of occasions for first time since taking initial meds....8 occasions of strong emotion over 6 weeks in ealry 2016.......doubting recovery......

BIG WINDOW IN july 2017, felt incredible, lasted a month or so, felt close to recovered...window left, september to Chrimstas 17 was anhedonic hell.....Turn of the year, January 2018, some very strong days (a window) offering renewed hope

back to hell until late February 2018, strong 10 day window....followed by anhedonic wave for 7 months straight! not a flicker of normalcy

September 2018 ...incredible window...followed by three month wave.January 2019.... a strong window

window subsided, but new baseline was higher.....life since January 2019 ( 9 months and counting) has been far better. Complete anhedonia is gone!! God, I've tears writing that. I am far from recovered, but far from hell...to use a scale, if life is rated out of a hundred, I was about minus 50 for the majority of 2 years..I know feel about 30 per cent of self, experiences intermittent flickers of normal life regularly....My days have more quality and I am optimistic of recovery. 

I think legal action is difficult. I try also, I think in US it would be easier as there are a lot of psychiatrists who could confirm that you are going through withdrawal, for me in my country the most problematic is to find someone who would confirm you that your problems are from.withdrawal. Most doctors keep together with pharma industry and say your problems come from relapse/your own illness.

symptoms OCD

• 3 months later...
Hi everyone! If you have taken an SSRI or an SNRI such as Zoloft, prozac, luvox, and you still experience sexual dysfunction after coming off the drug (in the form of genital numbness, reduced pleasure response, inability to orgasm, erectile dysfunction, etc) please fill this form out to help us end PSSD for good!

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.