If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

it's not just psych meds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 catnapt

catnapt

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:51 AM

https://youtu.be/RwCUDCQMLwY

Death by Medicine a film by Gary Null

From the "blurb" on youtube:

Death By Medicine takes a hard examination at the dominant medical paradigm contributing to America’s health crisis.

Based on Gary Null’s ground breaking book on the hundreds of thousands of injuries and deaths caused by conventional medicine, the documentary looks at

-the medical industrial complex,

-the pharmaceutical industry’s usurpation of the nation’s medical schools, research, peer reviewed scientific journals,

-falsified drug clinical trials, and

-the complicity of federal health agencies to permit this to happen.

Edited by scallywag, 22 January 2017 - 07:44 AM.
added description

1974-2002 many psych meds, all types; longest used drugs include lithium, seroquel, SSRI's zoloft & celexa; many CT's off drugs

2002-2015 on varying doses of lexapro, as  high as 40 mgs, but usually 20mgs

June 2015: tapered too fast to 2.5mgs, then to 2.5mgs every other day Dec 2015:  found SA forum; holding at 2.5mgs 

Early May 2016: jumped off at 2.5mgs, not smart- crashed in late Sept.

Oct 26 2016  reinstated liquid lexapro 0.05ml/day at night, dose +/- til settling on 0.15BID (0.3/day)= windows and waves

Jan 8, 2017 too quick switch to single dose in the morning, 0.3mgs (bad mistake, led to a crash)

Jan 12,2017 added low dose zyprexa for SI, took infrequently as rescue med, last dose Feb.15

Jan 26,2017 lexapro 0.27mg Feb 25 lexapro updose back to 0.3mg due to unrelenting severe insomnia

March 1,2017 insomnia worse, back down to 0.29 to 0.27, to 0.25- improving!! March 17 0.24 April 7 0.21 May7 0.20

March 7, 2017 added low dose lamictal, adjusting dose based on response (currently ~12.5mgs)

Supplements: Magnesium taurate 250mg, chromium, pro-biotic, biotin, glycine 

#2 IHadPassion

IHadPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTacoma, Washington

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

This is what an advanced, first world society looks like.  The medical industrial complex is doing nothing more than taking advantage of the natural human fear of death, marketing endless remedies to solve every health problem,and then marketing solutions to fix the problems caused by the adverse effects of the initial solution.  It's a tragedy of immeasurable proportions.  

I've had two co-workers commit suicide in the last few years, both of which I know were on a cocktail of psych drugs. There is another who is on a cocktail who I've done my best to try and educate but to no avail. He's in his 50's and his memory and motor skills are getting worse by the month.  Despite explaining to him what I've been through, he trusts his 'doctor.'  It's nothing less than tragic.  

Year 0:      Social anxiety, obsessive thoughts, NO depression, NO suicidal ideations

Years 1-2: Ativan (benzo) <1mg as needed, not abused but developed physical dependence

Years 2-3: Paxil (20mg) augmented with Adderall XR (10-20mg) due to withdrawal from Ativan

Years 3-Present: Severe depression, headaches, psychiatric hospitalization, lost job, etc.

#3 Webhead21

Webhead21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:24 AM

Pain-killer, benzos, pain-killers, are just some of the few that are killing people taking to lives of people close to us. If people were to take action these pill and many others should be used as leverage to show other what the risks are on these pills. I really think we need to do something. Mental health has alway been "underconstruction" attention is a must maybe we can contact VICE and see if they can do a report on when we are experiencing.

#4 tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:02 AM

People are trying to do things! This blog alone is a miracle, right. We can vent / sob / cry out in fear / be human. Together. Then people like Joanna Moncrieff / David Healy... Fighting from the inside out. 

But it is SO COMPLEX. 

I wish I was not effected by this, but I am. I think to myself... What of all the other forms of human suffering that I am NOT effected by? What of those people? What suffering are they carrying. I guess we all do the best we can... 

I know I can handle this moment, simply because I AM handling this moment. 

*Current: 2017 January Seroquel 10.75 Pax 5mg Dormonoct 2 mg ( holding up-dose due to life circumstances) 

*My full withdrawal history so far, up to Jan 2017 here in my intro (post #65)

*My Blog: tjdeepthinker@wordpress.com

...and we can SING about LOVE together...

:rolleyes: 

#5 powerback

powerback

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Locationireland

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

This is capitilism for u ,buisness comes first over all common sense.

Watch a documentary ; the century of the self. Best documentary I have ever watched.

June 2012 citroll 10mg

​July 2012 citroll 20 mg

​September 2013 Lexapro 20mg

October 2014 venlafaxine xl 75mg

January 2015 venlafaxine xl 37.5mg

April 2015 venlafaxine xl 75mg

June 2015 venlafaxine 37.5mg ..this is my current dose to this day at present

IVE had 2 unsuccessful tapers in the last year . 

#6 tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:08 AM

and it's not just America... Lol. It's everywhere. But there is good too... Green energy. Societies. Family. Friends. Yoga. Meditation. Forums. Right? 

I know I can handle this moment, simply because I AM handling this moment. 

*Current: 2017 January Seroquel 10.75 Pax 5mg Dormonoct 2 mg ( holding up-dose due to life circumstances) 

*My full withdrawal history so far, up to Jan 2017 here in my intro (post #65)

*My Blog: tjdeepthinker@wordpress.com

...and we can SING about LOVE together...

:rolleyes: