SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

it's not just psych meds

Happy2Heal

• Mentor

https://youtu.be/RwCUDCQMLwY

Death by Medicine a film by Gary Null

From the "blurb" on youtube:

Death By Medicine takes a hard examination at the dominant medical paradigm contributing to America’s health crisis.

Based on Gary Null’s ground breaking book on the hundreds of thousands of injuries and deaths caused by conventional medicine, the documentary looks at

-the medical industrial complex,

-the pharmaceutical industry’s usurpation of the nation’s medical schools, research, peer reviewed scientific journals,

-falsified drug clinical trials, and

-the complicity of federal health agencies to permit this to happen.

Edited by scallywag
added description

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

This is what an advanced, first world society looks like.  The medical industrial complex is doing nothing more than taking advantage of the natural human fear of death, marketing endless remedies to solve every health problem,and then marketing solutions to fix the problems caused by the adverse effects of the initial solution.  It's a tragedy of immeasurable proportions.  

I've had two co-workers commit suicide in the last few years, both of which I know were on a cocktail of psych drugs. There is another who is on a cocktail who I've done my best to try and educate but to no avail. He's in his 50's and his memory and motor skills are getting worse by the month.  Despite explaining to him what I've been through, he trusts his 'doctor.'  It's nothing less than tragic.  

Year 0:      Social anxiety, obsessive thoughts, NO depression, NO suicidal ideations

Years 1-2: Ativan (benzo) <1mg as needed, not abused but developed physical dependence

Years 2-3: Paxil (20mg) augmented with Adderall XR (10-20mg) due to withdrawal from Ativan

Years 3-Present: Severe depression, headaches, psychiatric hospitalization, lost job, etc.

Pain-killer, benzos, pain-killers, are just some of the few that are killing people taking to lives of people close to us. If people were to take action these pill and many others should be used as leverage to show other what the risks are on these pills. I really think we need to do something. Mental health has alway been "underconstruction" attention is a must maybe we can contact VICE and see if they can do a report on when we are experiencing.

Short Term Case: 7 pill of 10 mg of Modafinil in a 3 month span, but last 3 I took back to back causing severe withdrawals, lasting 3 weeks. Than 2 pills lexapro to help withdrawal lead to more withdrawal.  I have most symptoms Pssd, emotional loss, cognitive issues, nerve damage in legs.  Also 2 benzodiazepines.  Not much to damage me long term...

This is capitilism for u ,buisness comes first over all common sense.

Watch a documentary ; the century of the self. Best documentary I have ever watched.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.