Neck Noise

Shanti

This is a bit different from Head Noise and Brain Zaps. It's a weird sound that many describe as the sound a soda makes after being poured. It's a "sizzle" type sound. Not a creek, as with joints. You can tell it originates from the base of your skull and the back of your neck. It usually lasts 1 to 5 seconds. It can also be heard by others near to you.

I've tried to find out what this is. Many say that it's spinal fluid and it's caused by not enough oxygen to the brain and nervous system.

I find it interesting that I started getting this at about the same time I started getting the involuntary deep in-breaths. I already linked the in-breath issue with too little oxygen in my blood. This is why I am staring the Pranayama exercise and will be adding the food grade peroxide to my water. I haven't received it in the mail yet.

Does anyone else get the sizzle sound in their neck? I would like to know more too, if anyone knows of any medical readings about this. Most people say their doctors have no clue about this and they only get funny looks when it's brought up. What a surprise!

I also noticed that many reporting it on forums were also on SSRIs.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

That's a new term to me, Shanti. It sounds like a positive thing for some reason, like something's brewing or waking up. ;) But then I'm one who likes any noise from my neck. Has anyone asked a chiropracter?

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I hope it's positive. It was happening quite a bit tonight, until I took some Cal Carb, then it went away. I really need to do more research on this.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I have a lot of trouble with my neck since I took the pills, but I never experienced something like that. This whole thing is so unbelievable complicated, I slowly understand why no one really has a clue about it.

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

Right. Just when I think I got a grip on my symptoms with remedies and such, up pops a new symptom!

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy