SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Bluebird2009

Bluebird2009

Thankyou nz11. R u recovered? How have u coped. I reported my adverse reaction to my doctor and I wanted them to check me over but they say it anxiety and they don't need to and if I can't take medication there is nothing they can do for me. So I'm feeling deperate

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bluebird2009

• mammaP

• ChessieCat

• nz11

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically just surviving one day at a time really.

My anger at the medical profession fueled my resolve to survive.

Good for you for reporting an adverse reaction. My doctor also refused to file a SAE report. I guess who wnats to admit they harmed someone right?

Maybe you can bypass the doctor and file your own? Are you able to do that.

I'snt Dr Terry Lynch Irish...can you get him to file an sae report. He understands ssri wdl i believe.

I think its time to get a new doctor.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I'm in Northern Ireland but I will look into contacting that person you mention. I have 3 doctors in my practice and none have ever heard of this withdrawal they say. But surly they wld have done some research. How long have you been drug free. I wish I had never came off but I was getting strange health issues and lots of stomach problems and infections that where needing hospital to be cleared so I had to come off and the stomach then settled after 3 years of trouble.

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

Hi all these symptoms are a sigh of withdrawal as hard as it feels it will get better . I know the feeling about being put down like you would a dog but things do get better be strong

• Administrator

I have tried to get back in liquid Prozac with no joy, I take the same reaction, body weakness, breathing issues etc. I'm really not in a good place as I feel I cant tolerate much more of this. I was doing ok therebfor a few weeks and then I have been struck down again. I had my cortisol levels tested and they are very high but I can't tolerate anything to try and fix this but my acupuncturist is working on them. This is horrific and surely it wld be more humane to be put to sleep, a dog wldnt have to suffer like this.

Bluebird, how much liquid Prozac did you take?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

0.5ml

Doggiemama

I wish it wld settle quicker we'll as I have had enough, I'm not good with sickness and this has nearly killed me and I worry that it will eventually and my doctors are no help at all. How r u?

Anyone know of a doctor in New York that cld help? My brother lives there and if I thought I cld get some help I would go over. Thank you all

Unfortunately the medical profession are totally incapable of helping. They say they have never heard of withdrawal issues probably because most people dont speak up or complain or push back against them  saying 'no that is not right' as a result the false narrative of the pharma propaganda machine just keeps people locked in for life whereby its the person and not the poison thats blamed.

Even if you travel the world and find a doctor who acknowledges this, what are they going to do ?

Try you on a new drug perhaps ?  Give you a new diet (Kelly Brogan in NY),

The best advice is right here on sa even the world authority on ssris Dr Healy in Wales refers people to this site. This is it you're at the interface of these monster chemicals and human knowledge about recovery and escape from them right now.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

NZ11 your right, they can't do anything. I have fought against them when they say no such thing as withdrawal, I fought with my doctor until I got an apology for leaving me on for 18yrs and a psychiatrist and he took info that I researched, whether he read it or not I don't know but he took it and he told me the first time I saw him that my mind was making me think I was sensitive to meds but by the second time I saw him he said he wldnt be happen giving me meds incase i reacted! They don't believe in protracted withdrawal but I believe 10yrs or so from now it will come to light whatvwe are all suffering. I went to a neurologist he was very good and said this was protracted withdrawal and wrote to my doctor saying the same, but my doctor still put anxiety on my sickline. I wonder what they would say if one of there relatives suffered this, wld they believe then!!!!!!

Good for you for squeezing an apology out of your doctor, wow!! My doctor refused to apologise citing a dismissal of an official complaint to the health and disability commissioner as a reason for not apologising. Clearly he cant think for himself. Then he refused to have a meeting with a third party HDC advocate present.

Not everyone has the stomach for this fight, especially when struggling with withdrawal. One good thing about persuing and exhausting all complaints processes is that its a great distraction from wdl ...imo it was.

There must be some higher authority in Ireland you can complain to ...you now even have an apology thats admission of guilt right.

Recovering paxil addict

Bluebird, Peter Breggin practices in New York. He is one of the top experts in the world on adverse reactions to antidepressants--especially Prozac, as he has testified as an expert witness in lawsuits against the makers of Prozac (if i recall correctly). He would believe you, and he would take your adverse reaction very seriously. 

The downside is, I don't think he can help you in the sense of prescribing you medication if that is what you are looking for, because I don't know if there is any medication that can help you at this point, and secondly, he doesn't prescribe psychiatric medication anyway because he is so very against it. 

If anyone on this site has seen him personally as a patient, maybe they could tell you if he is worth seeing? I don't know that he would tell you anything additional to what you will read on this site, other than just validate that your horrible experience was definitely due to the drug, and offer you the hope that you will eventually heal based on his experience with patients who have gone through this. I am very, very sorry for your additional horrible reaction to the Zoloft!

Yes I can make a complaint, it wld be investigated but nothing wld come of it. A girl who works with my friend went to my Gp and asked for Prozac last week and he said I won't be putting you or anyone else on that drug! So I think he knows what damage the drug caused but he won't admit. He apologised for having me on for 18yrs because a psychiatrist rang him and asked him why he did that and that Prozac is additive which I didn't know. He admitted all this to me as I requested a meeting. He then said we r where we r and I said no I am where I am! It took him 6mths to apologise but he did. And the fact he isn't handing that drug out like a smartie now really pleases me that someone else will be saved from the drug. I wasn't reviewed once in 16yrs it was just handed out each month and I trusted and took. Now they are doing 3 monthly reviews on Everyone's meds. I think some lesson's have been learn't but they still say withdrawal doesn't last long and they can't help which really irritates me. They also don't believe that the body can become hypersensitive to meds and all sorts of things and that frightens me. Your doctor was out of line, I take it he doesn't believe in withdrawal??

Daisies24 thankyou for that info I'm heading to my brother in June so I will have to look into speaking to this gentleman. Prozac is a dreadful drug and the damage it has caused me internally is awful. We are all suffering and I know some days I don't think I can go on and others I can be very strong. The medication reactions and sensitivity really frightens me. I was really ill with an infection before I came off Prozac and it wldnt clear up and I was reacting to the antibiotics and ended up in hospital and every time they gave me the Iv antibiotics my whole body shook afterwards and I believe I was already in withdrawal at that time even when still on Prozac, things went from bad to worse after that and then I came off. I had severe stomach issues and not one doctor thought it might be Prozac but when I was getting more and more unwell I began to realise that's exactly what it was. Hope you are doing ok and thanks for you chat????

• Moderator Emeritus

I have tried to get back in liquid Prozac with no joy,

0.5ml

Different manufacturers use different concentrations for liquids. What is the dose in mg of 0.5 ml of the liquid Prozac you took?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Yes I can make a complaint, it wld be investigated but nothing wld come of it.

I wouldnt let that fact put you off making the complaint. Im all for keeping this topic in peoples intrays.

You and i have had similar behaviour from our doctors.

Do you know what a complaint to the highest authority did to my doctor prior to the investigation being completed the doctor appeared in a local newspaper article titled 'pill popping ends' . Since he told me i was the only person in 20 yrs to make a complaint against him i took that as an indirect apology.

Recovering paxil addict

Nz11 Why do most people come off these drugs? Is it due to feeling well or due to feeling unwell while on? Can you or anyone answer. I had to go to casualty this morning as I have taken so unwell but bloods and everything clear so it must be either having that sertraline dose or it's another stage of withdrawal I feel worse than I have ever felt. And the fear is awful.

I have tried to get back in liquid Prozac with no joy,

0.5ml

Different manufacturers use different concentrations for liquids. What is the dose in mg of 0.5 ml of the liquid Prozac you took?
I don't know what the dose in mg is. I had a 5ml syringe and I took 0.5 ml

Nz11 Why do most people come off these drugs? Is it due to feeling well or due to feeling unwell while on? Can you or anyone answer.

imo one answer may be its a case of 'both' 'and'. Hows that for being diplomatic.

The fact is research has shown staying on long term produces a worsening in all measures most have not been informed of this.

Recovering paxil addict

Today is the first I have felt well since my reaction to sertraline, 4 full days of extreme anxiety, insomnia, crying, appetite loss and loss of taste. I seem to react to all brain meds in this way and have milder reactions to all others. Does this sound like kindling?? And if so will it settle in time? Can someone explain instead of sending a link as I really don't understand it and wld like some evidence to take to my GP. Thanks

I'm beginning to think I have dysautonomia and maybe not withdrawal. Can anyone give an answer. I started to have a lot of problems while on Prozac and the medication sensitivity started while on and got worse when I came off. Should I speak to my Gp? My withdrawal symptoms are the same as dysautonomia and are worse if I take any medication. Has the Prozac caused this and if ssri is treatment how can it ever be treated if I can't tolerate!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi BB,

It is only just coming up for 1 week since you took the sertraline.  It probably feels longer because you are feeling so horrible.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey BB - I know you only took one - but it can take awhile for these drugs to rattle their effects out.

Doctors expect us to take them for 3 weeks - even while having side effects and symptoms - to "get used to them."  There's a neurotransmitter event (neurogenesis?  homeostasis?  I'm not sure) that happens at about 3 weeks, and bio-based psych people seem to think that 3 week mark is important.

Breathe, maybe don't count the days so much - maybe count minutes instead.  Whew!  Got through a minute!  All right!  Gonna get through the next one....there are a lot of calming breathing techniques here:

Breathing for Well Being

And I always take comfort in this:

Claire Weekes - Self Help for your Nerves

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

This wasn't a side effect, my body reacts like this after taking any drugs and I become so ill I can't stay upright for long due to weakness. I get severe pain in tummy and bowel, tingling in arms and legs, headache, vomiting etc

Could someone tell me if I cld have autonomic dysfunction instead of withdrawal as my symptoms seem to be this. Anxiety, shaking, gut problems, fast heartrate, nausea, depressed, tingling, low bp, severe stress feeling. I feel I'm getting worse instead of better and I am petrified. Any help appreciated. I don't know what to do as I'm tolerating nothing now medication wise

Bluebird i am so so sorry you are in this most difficult position.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you are in withdrawal.

I also believe that these drugs have soaked our whole entire being not just our brains so is it any wonder we are in such a mess if they are taken away so fast without giving the body time to readjust for their decreased presence. For one thing approx 95% of our serotonin is found in the gut so it should be no surprise to us to be having gut issues from these serotonin boosters, they have also effected the hormone balances they have caused downregulation of receptors compromising all sorts of systems and processes known and unknown.

imo withdrawal includes but is not limited to autonomic dysfunction.

In acute wdl i would often feel dizzy and like i was going to black out in fact one day i did (gashing the side of my face on the edge of a cupboard as i fell) and it was very scary. i had never fainted in my life before. The dizzy spells were so intense I would often have to hold onto a chair or lean against a wall to wait the few seconds for the feeling to pass. At other times i felt like my heart was going to stop or at the very least skip a beat other times and i can still recall where i was the day  i felt scared that my lungs might stop working. although the dizzy-ness  went on for several years it seems to have eventually improved.   

It is well known on this site that a CT from these drugs takes a lot longer (sometimes years, im now of the opinion it can take 5-10years for some) to recover from.

Recovery is not linear i often felt i was getting worse and not better thinking i would never make it.

Although wdl is scary try not to panic about this. Tell yourself you will be okay and it will pass. Often all i could do was just lie down and try to relax. The first two four years i spent an embarrassing amount of time lying down.

When you know its not you its wdl then that can provide some comfort and hope. I have come to learn that recovery is measured in years not weeks or months. And for several years its simply a matter of daily survival (well it was for me) or as JC says above survival on a minute by minute basis.

Are you able to read the Claire Weeks thread on this site or maybe get one of her books from the library.

Dont give up. You are 10 months drug free that is almost one year and a great accomplishment.

Stay strong.

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

NZ11 thankyou for your support, it's just I had been doing better for a while and now seem to be getting worse. Yesterday I had severe anxiety and fast heartrate and today it internal shaking all through the body and I just feel awful. ehen u say 10yrs do you mean this badbfor 10yrs? Also have you seen people being able to tolerate medications and supplements again?

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you read about windows and waves BB?  There are times when we feel like we are getting better, (windows) then some other symptoms start that knock us back again (waves) In time the waves get shorted and the windows get longer. Along the way there are all kinds of symptoms that mimic some awful illnesses.  Your nervous system has been bashed by  withdrawal and then another kick from the sertraline has knocked you back down. The only thing that will help now is time and patience which is so very hard. You will get better, it has been a week since sertraline and you re still recovering. 

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

Today is the first I have felt well since my reaction to sertraline, 

This is a very good sign, you had a 'window' and there will be many more of those to come. I doubt that you will ever get an apology, doctors never admit to anything in case of litigation but the fact that he is refusing to prescribe prozac and says he can't prescribe anything means that he DOES accept that they cause problems.   

Take each day as it comes and get through it, you will get better and it will be faster if you can accept that this is the drugs, you are now off them and your nervous system is recovering. Your brain is rebuilding without the drugs. I have learned that you have to find things that you normally enjoy, and think about that, look at photos, watch movies but not violence or very loud because they are too stimulating.  Go outside in the fresh Irish air and walk barefoot on the lush green grass that only Ireland has. Every day that passes is one day closer to being well again. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Apologies Bluebird i just realised (thanks to MammaP) that i read the sertraline exposure blip wrong it was just this month not as i thought in 2016. Oh dear.

Im so sorry i hope this settles down  soon.

Yes it does get better with time. The intensity will slowly recede.

Recovering paxil addict

Thankyou you Mammap, I just can't deal with feeling ill, I was always like that with sickness even as a child. I am petrified mostly because I can't tolerate any meds due to my nervous system (I take it) and this frightens me incase im left like that. I had a few weeks there that I was good, certainly not well but I was able to get on with things and thought I was making progress and now I'm back to lying on the sofa again and my nervous system is on kaos. I had started to be able to take tiny doses of vitamin and now I'm back to can't take anything. I really want to take magnesium and I cant. But thankyou for your reply, how do u stay positive? Do you feel better?

Apologies Bluebird i just realised (thanks to MammaP) that i read the sertraline exposure blip wrong it was just this month not as i thought in 2016. Oh dear.

Im so sorry i hope this settles down soon.

Yes it does get better with time. The intensity will slowly recede.

Thankyou, I'm so anxious about all of this and with no help from medical professionals it is very difficult as they are so dismissive when I try and say I'm reacting etc. No such thing as withdrawal this long in there eyes!!

• Moderator Emeritus

When I had finished tapering effexor I accidentally took a capsule of 75mg. My dose for years had been 37.5 and I tapered for 3 years. I was about 6 months off when I took that capsule, and I was so ill after I thought I was dyeing and almost called 999 before I realised what happened.It took time but gradually felt better. When the nervous system is compromised it is so frightening but knowledge is power and it is easier to cope when you understand what is happening. Dysautomnia is a term that covers malfunction of the nervous system which is what  happenes as a result of all the drugs and withdrawal from them. I can't tolerate drugs and have to be very careful, even paracetamol makes me ill so I understand completely.  Your nervous system will stabilise, but will take time. Take good care of yourself Bluebird, as you would care for someone you love. You would tell them that it will be ok. It really will be ok. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Can I ask did your medication sensitivity settle? This is what worries me a lot. Also today I'm up with a very painful swollen gland in my Breast which is very strange. I have went back to the way I was in February and its such a shock. I just can't bear the thought if this going on for years? Someone told me because I was in for 18yrs it cold take the same to recover and it has totally devastated me. Thank mammap

• Moderator Emeritus

I am still sensitive to drugs, and have been for years now. I won't even try any now, it just isn't worth it and I use other ways of dealing with things. I use magnesium when my BP shoots up, and heat packs for pain when possible. I will never, EVER take another psych drug. I had 2 joint replacements in 2015 and recovered from all the drugs needed but the doctors were amazing and did their best to limit them.  I am tapering tramadol which is quite hard because I have side effects and if I cut too much have withdrawal. This one is going to take a long long time but at least the side effects wear off  a bit as the drug leaves my bloodstream. We will all get better in time, I hang on to that and take each day as it comes. Some are good and others are awful but there's always another day. My motto is 'following every sunset is a brand new day'  I never know how the next day is going to be, and it is a lovely feeling when I want to get up and tackle the day :) 

2002  effexor. 

I am still sensitive to drugs, and have been for years now. I won't even try any now, it just isn't worth it and I use other ways of dealing with things. I use magnesium when my BP shoots up, and heat packs for pain when possible. I will never, EVER take another psych drug. I had 2 joint replacements in 2015 and recovered from all the drugs needed but the doctors were amazing and did their best to limit them.  I am tapering tramadol which is quite hard because I have side effects and if I cut too much have withdrawal. This one is going to take a long long time but at least the side effects wear off  a bit as the drug leaves my bloodstream. We will all get better in time, I hang on to that and take each day as it comes. Some are good and others are awful but there's always another day. My motto is 'following every sunset is a brand new day'  I never know how the next day is going to be, and it is a lovely feeling when I want to such get up and tackle the day :)

I see you can still take some meds, at the moment I can't even take a small dose of a vitamin or I'm severely ill and weakness throughout body. Will that ease up a bit so that I can try something eventually. Not a psych med though, I won't ever touch that again. Thanks for your help and take care of yourself

• Moderator Emeritus

I am much better than I was, it's been a long road and still a way to go but improving. You should get the breast gland checked out, the doctors told me that sinister swellings are painless but even so it is better to get it checked. I really hope that you get some relief soon.

2002  effexor.