alex

alex Turning the corner at 4 and a half years

20 posts in this topic

I haven't post for a while here.

Waiting to have good news to share with you, and now I have them.

Recovery is happening very fast now.

I am definitely turning the corner.Feeling much much better.

I still have waves of dysphoria but they are short lived and most of the days are good or very good.

The most important thing is that I am sleeping!!

Some time ago I read here somebody saying "once you start sleeping you are on your way..." very true.

To those suffering and struggling with this terrible condition, let me tell you, that recovery does happen.

I tnink I was one severe case.But I am doing much better, and getting my life back.I am 63.

Don't loose hope,eat well, be strong and STAY AWAY from psy drugs.

Eternally grateful with SA and Altostrata.

Link to Alex's story 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3298-%E2%98%BC-alex-withdrawal-or-relapse/

Edited by mammaP
Added link to Alex story

Hi Alex,

This is great to hear, especially the sleep. I'm curious how your windows are, especially the anxiety and depression you mentioned in one of your intro thread updates a while back?

Many blessings

So happy for you! Alex. You have gone through so much and for so long, but eventually you are winning!

Even the severe case will turn its corner for good, very inspiring!

Enjoy every second of the new life!

Thanks so much for sharing.  It's good to that you are doing so well and enjoying you life.

Wishing you the best going forward. 

I haven't post for a while here.

Waiting to have good news to share with you, and now I have them.

Recovery is happening very fast now.

I am definitely turning the corner.Feeling much much better.

I still have waves of dysphoria but they are short lived and most of the days are good or very good.

The most important thing is that I am sleeping!!

Some time ago I read here somebody saying "once you start sleeping you are on your way..." very true.

To those suffering and struggling with this terrible condition, let me tell you, that recovery does happen.

I tnink I was one severe case.But I am doing much better, and getting my life back.I am 63.

Don't loose hope,eat well, be strong and STAY AWAY from psy drugs.

Eternally grateful with SA and Altostrata.

thank you so much, alex, for posting, its always encouraging to hear that someone made it out the other side and that they got their life back

when you're in the thick of it, it's hard to believe it will ever end.

I am sorry to read that it was such a long hard journey for you, but happy for you that things are looking up now!

Congratulations Alex! Good to hear that you are doing well! Best wishes, Hopefull.

I read all your posts no matter how terribly bad it made me feel for you I'm glad I did. Now to read how good you are feeling brings me happiness for you and hope for me. Thank you again!

hi alex

did the sexual dysfunction go away ?

Alex, how did you do it?  A little exercise at a time?  Your med history, it doesn't seem complete.  Seroquel for how long, for example?

hi alex

did the sexual dysfunction go away ?

I still have some lingering symptoms, and one of them is horrible premature ejeculation.

But I know that given time, it will go away also.

But at least I have good sexual drive and sensitivity, and compare with the horror of dysphoria, I can live with that and hope for the best outcome.

I can't forget that I am 63 either.

Hi Alex,

This is great to hear, especially the sleep. I'm curious how your windows are, especially the anxiety and depression you mentioned in one of your intro thread updates a while back?

Many blessings

My waves now are by far not as bad as they used to be.

I can do things now that were unthinkable just a few months ago.

I still have waves of dysphoria, but as I said, they are short lived and no so bad.

On the other hand, windows are very good and clear, some days,(many now) very good.

Ev en stressful situatio0ns don't triger the wave anymore.My CNS is getting more and more robust every day.

Now I have to slowly get my life back, and regain all that wd took away.

This is really good to read Alex and I am so happy for you. Thank you for posting your success story, it is good for those who are at the start of this awful journey to know that there is a light at the end of that tunnel.  :)

Hi alex,

Great to hear and hopeful too seeing your story. I just read your 4 years skimming in 50 mins. Came to realize the wave that put me on meds that I had taken for 3 years.

I had both big fouls - paxil and effexor generic with other cocktail big party stuff added.

If I had known that I ws going through a stong triggered wave or only know about this pattern, I would be functional by not taking the stuff.

Past is gone, I try to avoid thinking. But its there and sticks.

Anyways, it gave a great push and I want to keep this asset in my memory with mine as it is short-circuited.

Wish you best.

Thanks for coming back with your success story Alex, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling a lot better these days, for you, but also because it gives everyone hope. You offered me support when I first joined this site, being a bit further along in your recovery, so I often wonder how you are. I'm also a lot better, but still quite vulnerable to stress and very self protective. So hearing that you are getting more resistant to stress gives me hope.

Here's to one, long, clear permanently open window :)

Thanks for posting Alex ....... glad to hear that you are finally on the mend ....... wishing you all the best for the future!

Congrats Alex!! Thanks for coming back to post a success story!! This means so much to the people still struggling with WD. 

I just love success stories. Thanks for coming back to let us know how great you are doing. I really like when you say, "My CNS is getting more and more robust every day." I know we all heal eventually but I worried about my poor CNS and if it will get stronger. You've just answered that. Wonderful news!

Marie

Congrats Alex, its great to read your success story. It's only going to get better for you from now on. Thanks for your post it brings me so much hope.

Thanks for coming back to post success. I plant to do the same thing someday soon!

Nena

so happy for you,Alex...I know you suffered for such along time.

you give me hope that I will recover someday,I'm about the same age as you.

you're an inspiration!