alex: turning the corner at 4 and a half years

Hello.

Paralysing anxiety, head shaking, huge cortisol spykes, horrible insomnia.

I must say that the stressors I put myself in were big.

Maybe I pushed too much. 

Today I,m feeling better.

Incredible after 11 years and very much heald..

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• 1 month later...

Alex How are you?

I started very young taking psychotropic drugs with various suspensions and withdrawals mistaken for relapses, I don't know if this can affect what happens to me now. I can neither The drug nor the dose.

2013-2014 wellbutrin (I don't remember the dose)

2015-2016 brintellix 30 mg 

2016-2017 sertraline 50 mg I stopped taking it and had a seizure which was mistaken for a flare of the disease replaced with mirtazapine in 2018 30mg at 10.30pm then stopped taking it because I was gaining weight Too september 2019 has november severe withdrawal symptoms anxiety i woke up shaking then found this site reverted to 3mg mirtazapine and within 15 minutes all symptoms vanished.After stabilizing for 4 months I began to reduce by 10% every 4 weeks manageable symptoms end of reduction 28 January 2022 Last dose of mirtazapine January 27 0.1 mg manageable symptoms until July 2023 where a wave caused by Stress made me incapacitated in bed. I take micro doses of lamictal 0.5mg for 4 days 0.7mg for 4 days 1.2 for 4 days 1.7 for 4 days the dose that seems to help is 2.2mg more than this starts to cause problems.Now down to 2mg 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Alex.

I’m relatively new here but I want to share something that I was starting to get into before my battle with withdrawals. There’s a technique called TRE which stands for Trauma Release Exercise or Tension Release Exercise. I would only advise doing it with a trauma informed practitioner for your first handful of sessions. It is very simple and is something you can do on your own once you feel comfortable and safe doing it without a professional. It is always advised to do it in the company of another person and it’s important that you trust this person. Basically all it entails is some stretching and light posture and movements to fatigue very specific muscles in the lower body. Then you lay on your back and get into a position that allows your Psoas muscles to start shaking which shakes your legs. These muscles are known to hold stored trauma and extra energy. The great thing about this is you can release stored physical, emotional, and psychological trauma without doing any therapy or reliving it. Humans used to do lay down and shake or tremor after experiencing a traumatic event like a wild animal attack or an earthquake etc. Then the event would clear and not store in the body. Animals do this all the time. If practiced daily or weekly it is supposed to clear all sorts of trauma and trapped energy. Again, I do not recommend doing this without a true professional. There are many that claim to be trauma informed but that is not always true. If you would like more info or help finding a safe practitioner please don’t hesitate to contact me. My practitioner has used it on thousands of veterans down in Fort Carson in CO Springs and she said it worked wonders for them to sleep and get relief from PTSD. I hope you are doing better since your last post. You’ve got a lot of people that care about you here from reading your previous posts and now you have one more person that’s here for you.

2010 Started Lorazepam 7mg  2010 Started  Ritalin 80mg 

2016 CT Ritalin 2018 Startedtapering Lorazepam 2021 Lorazepam 1mg and currently holding 2020 Fall Sertraline 50-200mg

2023 March Started tapering Sertraline 200-100 March 100-50 April 50 May to June 2023 6/4/23 Completely off Sertraline 

Daily taking 0.25 mg Lorazepam in the morning 0.25 mg at noon 0.25 mg in the afternoon and 0.5 mg at bedtime

10mg Melatonin at bedtime for many years

500EPA/250DHA Omega 3 fish oil 1 tablet twice daily with meals

Twice a week roughly I soak in an epsom salt/ Magnesium sulfate bath.

Suggestions on magnesium welcomed!