Inspiring Quotes

Shanti

Posted Image

This cracked me up. lol. Good to laugh at ourselves and keep a sense of humor :)

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

"You possess the strength and resilience to weather ANY difficulties life may throw your way. During these times, stop asking "Why is this happening?", and accept for now that you are in the midst of a storm. Ride it out maintaining hope and continue upholding your faith. When the storm passes, and it will, it is then you will you be able to look back and learn the "Why". Trust and believe everything happens for a reason. ~ Brenda Slavin, Elements of Your Life

"Sometimes when things look like they are falling apart, they actually may be falling together. During stormy times we sometimes feel like we are losing everything. But maybe this stormy time is really waking us up to something even better" ~ Marilyn Monroe

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

,To be enlightened is to be all light : one who is all light has no shadows, no dark side, no fears, no anger, no resentments, and no limitations. ( Robin Sharma)

Where you stumble, there your treasure lies. ( Joseph Campbell)

Your life is a treasure and you are so much more than you know.

We receive from life not what we want but who we are.

Trust that the winter of your sorrow will yield to the summer of your joy, just as the brilliant rays of the morning always follow the darkest part of the night.

Celebrate Life

essam

this WILL also CHANGE

Posted Image

Great quote Shanti, thank you

I came off Seroxat in August 2005 after a 4 month taper. I was initially prescibed a benzo for several months and then Prozac for 5 years and after that, Seroxat for 3 years and 9 months.

"It's like in the great stories Mr.Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer."  Samwise Gamgee, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

• 2 weeks later...

‎"Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry — all forms of fear — are cause by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of nonforgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence"

- Eckhart Tolle

My Paxil Website

My Intro

‎"Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry — all forms of fear — are cause by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of nonforgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence"

- Eckhart Tolle

VERY TRUE

this WILL also CHANGE

"When you lose yourself, you find the key to paradise."

~Zach Brown Band

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Still haven't found the key, I should add.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Still haven't found the key, I should add.

Yeah, well I post a lot of positive quotes about suffering and the benefits of it, but I haven't experienced the benefits part yet either. I just have faith that I will. And it helps to hear so many philosophers and spiritual gurus talking so much about this light at the end of the tunnel. Very helpful for hope.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Yep

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Thanks for these great quotes Shanti, essamalbalaa, and barb!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi to all of you on this thread. These quotes brought me to tears of relief and of being understood.

I am now 10.5 weeks off Effexor after 10 years on it.

I am crying a lot - at movies, books, a Christmas letter from friend, seeing loving parents/children on tv (real ones).

I was so numb for all the years on Effexor that this crying is a bit scary and also very liberating and cleansing, too.

I wonder if it means I am depressed again but then I reread some of the posts about withdrawal mimicking depression.

I have gotten over the physical symptoms pretty much I think. Do you have experience being sad a lot in withdrawal?

I did go off the Effexor cold turkey which I know I shouldn't have but it is done. I do not want to go back on the drugs.

I feel very alone; this is not a new feeling for me - it is why I was put on the drug after my mother died and I was so sad.

Thanks so much for being here.

Fefesmom

(((fefesmom)))

I think the crying is healthy as it does expel heavy emotional energy from your body in tears. There are alternatives to drugs to help with depression such a CBT. I haven't tried it yet myself. I've done a good job of healing depression with a lot of affirmations and prayers. Bless you!!

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 5 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Help where you can

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Help where you can

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

When you come to the edge of all the light you know,

And are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,

faith is knowing one of two things will happen:

There will be something solid to stand on, or you will

Be taught how to fly

Barbara j winter

I now think of this site as flight school : )

Fefesmon....

"There is a vastness of our emotions." unknown.

In my life the most crying I have ever done has been from WD. The only other time I cried a river was when I had a meltdown that brought me to taking meds.

I perceived my crying as a weakness of character. It's taken years of good friends telling me it is okay to cry.

For us there really is a chemical issue behind the crying. And then there is crying from the sheer frustration of wanting to be normal again.

I am reading excerpts from The Secret again.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

http://trymindmaker.com/blog/letting-go-of-fear/?

Just read this...quotes on right side or article which was excellent :D

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy