SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Let's Talk Withdrawal, a new weekly podcast on antidepressants

JamesMoore

MOD NOTE:  See also:  

I'm really excited to announce the launch of a new podcast called Let's Talk Withdrawal. This podcast discusses antidepressants including withdrawal and tapering and we also talk to experts in mental healthcare for their views. The aim of the podcast is to raise awareness of the difficulties that people have when taking antidepressants. There is a hugs amount of positive promotion of antidepressants but very little about the negative side, I want to help change that balance.

The first couple of episodes are now live on iTunes and here's how to listen in...

If you have an iPhone, iPad or PC/Mac with iTunes, this link will take you to the iTunes Store where you can subscribe so each new episode will download automatically...

https://goo.gl/Yz7Zmp

Or you can also listen and download each episode here on any device...

http://jfmoore.libsyn.com/

From this point on, I will be releasing a new episode each Tuesday. If you like the podcast, please leave us a review in iTunes. 

Please feel free to share these links as widely as you can so we can get as many listening as possible. If you like the podcast, please leave us a review in iTunes as it helps to get more people listening.

I also still need people to interview for the podcast so please contact me if you wanted to tell your story on feedback@jfmoore.co.uk. Interviews are audio only via Skype and you can be anonymous of you wanted to.

Thank you

James

Edited by ChessieCat
added link to video interview

March 2012 - Prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg for anxiety and phobias

May 2012 - Jan 2017 - Had several brief spells on 30mg, none helpful, remained at 15mg

May 2017 - Started my withdrawal by transferring to liquid preparation at the same dosage (1ml = 15mg)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMoore

• powerback

• apace41

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi James,

I listened to the available ones last night.  Firstly I want to say thank you.  Secondly, fantastic job.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi james ,well done on the podcast .its so exciting to have a platform like this set up to educate the wider public on what happens with these drugs.

From an on going sufferer thank u so much .  

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi ChessieCat and powerback, thank you for you feedback and for listening in to the podcast. To get feedback from people who know how tough struggling with antidepressants is, is very important to me. I want the podcast to give real experiences and I want people that have never been near an antidepressant and GPs too to really understand that taking these drugs is not a fix or a solution, in fact for many it's the start of even more difficulties. There just isnt enough awareness and acceptance and I want to try and do something to help change that. You listening in and supporting the podcast makes a huge difference and I'm really grateful.

Next episode is due this coming Tuesday and I'd love to know what you think about it.

Thank you 

James

May 2012 - Jan 2017 - Had several brief spells on 30mg, none helpful, remained at 15mg

May 2017 - Started my withdrawal by transferring to liquid preparation at the same dosage (1ml = 15mg)

Hi ChessieCat and powerback, thank you for you feedback and for listening in to the podcast. To get feedback from people who know how tough struggling with antidepressants is, is very important to me. I want the podcast to give real experiences and I want people that have never been near an antidepressant and GPs too to really understand that taking these drugs is not a fix or a solution, in fact for many it's the start of even more difficulties. There just isnt enough awareness and acceptance and I want to try and do something to help change that. You listening in and supporting the podcast makes a huge difference and I'm really grateful.

Next episode is due this coming Tuesday and I'd love to know what you think about it.

Thank you 

James

HI james ,when I started drugs I also did counselling and that was great for understanding my issues ,in my opinion how could a drug come near to doing the same.

I think u need to get in touch with peter breggin [i love he's radio hour ] he would love to hear about your podcast and what your doing .

Thanks again     

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Another great interview, this time with a lady named Giovanna.

Giovanna, if you are a member here, thank you for taking part.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

... I want people that have never been near an antidepressant and GPs too to really understand that taking these drugs is not a fix or a solution, in fact for many it's the start of even more difficulties. There just isnt enough awareness and acceptance and I want to try and do something to help change that. You listening in and supporting the podcast makes a huge difference and I'm really grateful.

Dear James,

WOW. I am so, so excited to listen to this. Thank you so very much for doing this work. I think one of the many challenges in withdrawal is that the struggle is very much invisible to most of the public. Your work is going to help change that! I'm very grateful for your work!! 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow, 1000 downloads in the first week alone! Congrats! The need is great and this is such important work. 

Claire's story -- I'm just shaking my head. Being told she would need the meds for life, "just like a diabetic needs insulin."  

"And I don't need to be on them for life!" Yayyy! A triumph for sure. 

Battling suicidal thoughts -- I just want to hug her! So many hugs to you, Claire, if you're reading this. Hang in there. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Hi there ChessieCat, powerback and SkyBlue Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for listening to the podcast. I have been amazed by the support and also by the willingness of this community to step up and support each other when the going gets tough. I have recorded about 22 interviews so far, some are experts like Dr. David Healy and others are people with different experiences of taking ADs like the members here. I am really enjoying making the podcast for you and I'm so pleased to get well over 1,000 downloads inside the first week. Much more awareness of this is needed and I will keep pushing for that as long as I can.

Thanks so much for getting involved with this.

Best wishes, James

Hi James,

Listened to the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed them. I commented on the first one on your site, 

I usually listen to podcasts from Dr. Peter Breggin (The Dr. Peter Breggin Hour) and Will Hall (Madness Radio) on Podcast Addict. Just noticed Let's Talk was available through them as well. Will be adding it to my list.

Thanks so much for this and keep up the good work!

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

Hi PatriciaVP

Thanks so much for the feedback and for listening in. Everyone has been so supportive with this project, it's great. Funnily enough I interviewed Will Hall yesterday and his interview will be coming up soon. I have also written to Dr. Breggin, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. It's really good to see this kind of discussion being made available to people for free and it really does increase awareness of the issues around antidepressants. The next episode of Let's Talk Withdrawal will be available on Tuesday the 21st of March. Best wishes, James

hi james ,great to here u have peter coming on ,this man is great .he has recently been on peter breggins radio hour and it warms my heart to hear him speak up for the countless sufferers of medication  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks powerback, Peter was really generous with his time and he made the interview very easy for me. I'm glad that you are enjoying the podcast so far. Best wishes. James

Being told she would need the meds for life, "just like a diabetic needs insulin."  

I had that mantra uttered to me also.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

Thanks peng, me too, there are so many myths that are used to justify these drugs it's ridiculous.

I wondered what people thought of Professor Gøtzsche in episode 4, he certainly didn't pull his punches in the interview!

This is one fantastic Podcast!!!

Sep '18 - became pregnant  in late August, then on 9/5 insomnia/anxiety went THROUGH the roof. I tried a lot of things but here is what is current: 

Paroxetine: 6.2mg (began 9/5/18, and there was a new manufacturer of which I just found out 2 days ago) during the day

Olanzapine 7.5mg at night

Ambien: 5-10mg at night

Xanex: 5-10mg at night

Fish Oil: for prenatal things

• Aug '18: Paroxetine 6.6mg, (30mg thyroid hormone, fish oil, vit D3, SBI protect, probiotic. Following AIP diet)
  • Mar '16: began taper from 20mg. Decreasing .75mg or less each month or more. Sporadically used Ambien &/or Trazodone for insomnia. 
  •  Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 
  • Oct'12-Sep'15: 20mg Paxil
  • Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.
  • Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  Other meds taken sporadically: Ativan, Abilify, Xyrem 

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness. 

Thanks peng, me too, there are so many myths that are used to justify these drugs it's ridiculous.

I wondered what people thought of Professor Gøtzsche in episode 4, he certainly didn't pull his punches in the interview!

It was fantastic, I am so pleased god made that man.

This is one fantastic Podcast!!!

Ditto'd Totally agree This is Fantastic! thank you

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

Thanks megb and fema4psychiatrists I'm so glad that you are finding the podcast interesting.

I am really enjoying making it for you, when interviewing Professor Gøtzsche I had to stop myself shouting YES after everything he said

Also this coming Friday we have an interview with a PSSD sufferer, it's such a little known about condition and a very difficult one to speak out about.

lol you had to stop yourself shouting yes haha I know what you mean. Justice, rights, ethics and days in court are not for mental patients. Nobody is used to hearing that. But they should have standards, and ethics. Like everyone else. The standards of ethics is extremely low, ruining real peoples lives over a perceived 'belief' in the name of medicine is tyrannical not healing people and medicine, it's a form of self-interest.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

Hi James, I listened to your podcast that interviewed Dr Peter Gotzsche, which was very interesting indeed. Thank you for providing this information so that anybody can listen if they wish to.

After many years on antidepressants I'm now trying the taper method of withdrawal ( something I had never heard of before).

Finding the Survivingandipressants website too has given me tremendous encouragement.

I had previously tried 4 times to come off Prozac but found that I was even more anxious and depressed than I was when I began the tablets in the first place. Then being told that was why I needed to take this medication. Now with the information I find here, I can feel confident in having another go at reducing Prozac.

From 2000 onwards - Prozac 20mg daily.. Numerous attempts to come off have been disastrous - extreme anxiety,  depression.

(2005 - 2007 Tried Citalopram, 20mg. But switched back to Prozac.)

2007 - 20016 Prozac, 20mg.

Feb 2016 - Feb 2017 Have reduced gradually from 20mg to13mg.

Feb 2017 -  Jan 2018,  have reduced gradually from 13mg to 12mg.

This is going very slowly  because I reduced too quickly and had to go back up. 

Been a long journey but already I feel much more like me. Less brain fog...

Thanks so much all of you for your feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen. In Episode 5 this week, I interview Daryl who was only 9 years old when he was taken into mental health services and medicated. He talks about being made to take both antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs and he describes the lies told to him to justify treatment. Daryl also talks very bravely about PSSD, Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction.

Also this website gets a mention in the support resources section. Like many of you here I have found it invaluable to be part of this community and knowing that I have somewhere to turn when the medical 'experts' don't know what advice to give is comforting.

I'd love your thoughts on the episode.

You can listen here

goo.gl/mG7qkR

There is more information about PSSD on Daryl's blog, which can be found here...

http://pssdblog.blogspot.co.uk/p/pssd-blog.htm

As for the podcast, a new episode will go live on Tuesday 28 March and I have now also created a Facebook group that supports the podcast. In this group I will announce who the guests are, and there are discussions about the issues raised both by users and by the experts that I interview. I'd love it if you could join the group, you would be very welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1044581415686477/

Thanks so much for all of your feedback and my best wishes to anyone struggling with withdrawal.

James

• Moderator Emeritus

I was shocked and saddened by Daryl's experience.  I appreciate his willingness to talk openly and honestly about such a delicate topic.

Nice work, James. 

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

Thanks so much Prince1924, JessieCat and Peng, I am really grateful to you for listening in and for supporting me with the podcast. Because of this amazing, supportive community we are now approaching 3,000 downloads!

Currently working hard on the next episode due Tuesday 28th March.

Hi James

Havent got round to listening to the latest audios as yet but wanted to thank you for all you are doing.

Thankyou so much.

regards

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thank you James for spreading this information.

Listening to Daryl's story is truly disturbing.

It seems that the message is slowly getting out there a little.  There are two articles on the topic in today's Daily Mail which I have posted in the Media section of SA.

Looking forward to the next podcast.

cannabis: Spring 2002 - Dec. 2007; regularly smoked, stopped cold turkey; symptoms: paranoid and depressed

Paroxetine: 20 mg July 2008, 40 mg October, 20 mg spring 2009, 0 mg summer 2009

Depakote (sodium valproate): October 2008 - Spring 2009

Haloperdidol 1 week Oct. 2008, H caused seizures, went to A&E;  stopped taking it.

Citalopram few weeks in the fall of 2009 to deal with withdrawal symptoms from stopping paroxetine

Paroxetine round 2: 20 mg Feb - summer 2010 -20mg don't remeber if I went up to 40mg

Venlafaxine & sodium valproate (again): Sep 2010 - Summer 2012  

SERTRALINE: November 2012 - May 2016 , 50-100mg (few days @ 150mg in Summer '15). a complete freak out at the end of April. 

May 2016 Prescribed Lithium and Abilify HAVE NOT TAKEN

No medications May 2016 - October 2016

Hospitalised - November 13th 2016 - Prescribed 15 mg Mirtazapine/Remeron. Reducing since 24 December 2016.  9 June 2017 medication free. 

Thanks so much Distraut and nz11, you are right, there is more attention being paid to these issues but we need more.

As for the podcast, there's a new episode today. This week, we interview Dr. Terry Lynch who is a GP, psychotherapist, author and mental health educator. Ten years into his career as a GP, he became very concerned about the medical approach to emotional and mental suffering and was not prepared to remain silent. In 2001 he released the book Beyond Prozac: Healing Mental Distress, a best-seller in Ireland in 2001 and shortlisted for the MIND (UK) 2002 Book of the Year Award. Terry has worked tirelessly to expose the myth of the chemical imbalance and other psychiatric falsehoods. In 2015, he released The Depression Delusion: The Myth of the Brain Chemical Imbalance. Dr. Lynch spoke to me and helped me understand why modern psychiatry has pursued a purely medical approach to distress with terrible consequences. 

Dr. Lynch was very generous with his time and vey gracious in answering my questions, we covered a lot of ground in a fascinating and informative interview. I’d love your thoughts on this episode.

Here are the relevant links:

To listen in iTunes: goo.gl/Yz7Zmp

Or else listen here: goo.gl/mG7qkR

Doctor Lynch’s website:

http://doctorterrylynch.com

Doctor Lynch’s latest article, What is bipolar disorder:

http://doctorterrylynch.com/what-is-bipolar-disorder/

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen in.

Best wishes

James

hi James just listened to Dr lynch ,great guest to have on ,sadly we need at least a thousand more like him ,he could really change this disgusting industry of over prescribing.

I got in touch with him a year ago and found him very helpful and engaging .

I did one of he's online courses and it was very informative , especially about defense mechanisms we build up around us ,this was great for me to realise about myself , basically all my pain and emotional wounds, i was protecting myself ,how in the world is a drug going to ever make me realise that.

He sent me by email a few afermations and i try to read them out aloud to myself ,I'm still getting used to them ,after years of a negative self critic ,it takes time to talk posetivly to myself ha.

We'll keep up the great work .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks so much Powerback, Dr. Lynch was brilliant, especially as a GP because more often than not its GPs who see patients first and that's generally when you get put onto ADs. Not the case for everyone of course but in the UK, it's mainly GPs that are prescribing the vast majority of ADs even before patients get to see a Psychiatrist.

We have more interesting experts coming up as well as more user stories too. I'm determined to get the message out. Thanks so much for listening in.

Best wishes

James

That was a great honest interview! Really recommend people check this one out! Hopefully there will be more Doctors like him.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

Wow James i see you just interviewed David Healy how excellent.

You sure are getting the rock stars to talk to.

What about getting an interview with Shipko too?

Great going.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Great interview with Dr Terry Lynch, James.

Well done.

cannabis: Spring 2002 - Dec. 2007; regularly smoked, stopped cold turkey; symptoms: paranoid and depressed

Haloperdidol 1 week Oct. 2008, H caused seizures, went to A&E;  stopped taking it.

Citalopram few weeks in the fall of 2009 to deal with withdrawal symptoms from stopping paroxetine

Paroxetine round 2: 20 mg Feb - summer 2010 -20mg don't remeber if I went up to 40mg

SERTRALINE: November 2012 - May 2016 , 50-100mg (few days @ 150mg in Summer '15). a complete freak out at the end of April. 

Hospitalised - November 13th 2016 - Prescribed 15 mg Mirtazapine/Remeron. Reducing since 24 December 2016.  9 June 2017 medication free. 

Hi all, thanks so much for your comments and feedback, it's really important to me that the podcast speaks both to people like us who have lived this and also to people who have not yet encountered psychiatric drugs.

@nz11 will certainly ask Dr. Shipko for an interview, thanks for the heads up.

@distraut @fema4psychiatrists thank you so much for the feedback.

Interviewing Dr. Healy was a real honour and he was great to talk to as have been everyone I have chatted with so far.

If there are specific people you think I should be talking to or particular issue that you'd like raised then please let me know, I can't promise but I will do my very best to fit it all in. This podcast is for this courageous and passionate community and I want you be able to influence what we cover in future.

Thanks so much for listening in. Next episode goes live next Tuesday and it's quite different to what has been covered before.

You keep pulling the hats out of the bag with these interviews! Finally a platform where real life isn't pharmaco-language shepherded, professionals can be fully honest as they want to be. Another great interview with Dr. David Healy.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

@fema4psychiatrists thanks so much, I have to say all the interviewees have been great.

I have lots more in the pipeline, keep listening and share the podcast with family, friends, even your GP or your therapist. I want as many to listen as possible.

I have a flyer for the podcast which can be emailed out, if anyone wants a copy, just email me feedback@jfmoore.co.uk and I'll gladly send you a copy.

Thanks all

James

Another great interview with Dr David Healy.  Thanks James.

I wonder whether you have already contacted Luke Montague for an interview?

'Doctors gave me depression pills I DIDN'T need for 20 years': Coming off his antidepressants drove Viscount Hinchingbrooke to the brink - but his story is alarmingly common