SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Let's Talk Withdrawal, a new weekly podcast on antidepressants

JamesMoore

• Moderator Emeritus

Another one you might consider is Irving Kirsch.

Video:  Irving Kirsch:  Emperor's New Drugs:  Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect (1 hour 20 minutes)

Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect by Irving Kirsch (link to full article)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMoore

• powerback

• apace41

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get any of the episodes to play. It says there temporarily unavailable?

Trazodone 100mg stopped November 2016

Lamictal 200mg stopped November 2016

Celexa 40mg stopped 12-01-16

Abilify 10mg stopped 12-01-16

Wellbutrin XL stopped 6-14-18

I have been on some type of meds for @ least 15 years.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

James, I have loved all of your interviews. You've done a spectacular job lining up the members of the small group of courageous experts who are willing to speak out against the party line and expose what these drugs are really about and the harms they are causing so many people. But it is great that you are also including ordinary folks who share their personal struggles and the horror show they've gone through,  and the damage, albeit temporary, that has been done to them simply because they want to get OFF of the merry go round of drugging.  I especially enjoyed Megan's recent interview, and I look forward every Tuesday to the next one.   It is, to me, so good to hear people stating out loud "the unspeakable" truth--that our entire mental health/psychiatry system is built upon the shifting sands of lies and greed and iatrogenic harms. Thank you for doing this.

Drugfree Prof

Psychologist and Psychotherapist

Prozac 20 mg for approx 3 months during 2000, withdrew, no w/d sx

Prozac 10 - 30 mg Jan. 2008 - Dec. 2014

Ritalin 30-40 mg Jan. 2008 - Mar. 2015

W/d sx from Prozac started around 3 months after cessation--crying spells, depressed mood, lethargy; resolved in 8 - 12 mos. post cessation

Used and continue to use a TON of alternative methods--meditation, mindfulness, nutrition. supplements, exercise, etc.

Hi all

Thanks so much for your feedback.

@ChessieCat - That's a great suggestion thank you so much, I will follow up and keep my fingers crossed, Irving Kirsch would be a great interview to do.

@Jennifer78 - I am sorry to hear that, are you listening via iTunes or via my website? As an alternative, all the episodes can be accessed from this page: http://www.jfmoore.co.uk/podcast.htmlthere's a list of episodes at the bottom of the page. I hope that helps but please let me know if you still can't access them. They are also now all available on YouTube too here with captions too now for those hard of hearing: 

@DrugFreeProf - Thank you so very much for your feedback, I am really grateful to everyone that takes the time to listen in. The response has been amazing and I am so pleased to be able to capture these experiences and share them too. I have to say that everyone I have spoken with so far, including the interviews yet to be broadcast, have been so generous and gracious with me. What psychiatry has done to such generous, giving and caring people is dreadful and I really want to do my bit to raise awareness that the narrative of improvement in mental health treatment that we have all been sold is not backed up by the evidence or by patients experiences. I have now started to get more experts approach me to talk, which is incredible. I am putting some time and thought into how best to get this message out wider than this wonderful community and so we can reach the ears of those yet to come into contact with psychiatric services. The podcast too is also part of my own hearing journey and I take great comfort from stories like Megan's and the others too, realising that you are not alone in these struggles is a huge part of what leads to success when taking back control of your life. Many thanks to you for your lovely feedback and I'd love it if you kept listening in as there are more interviews in the pipeline.

Thanks so much to you all, being a part of this community is an amazing experience and one that the medical world could learn many many lessons from, particularly around inclusion and a non judgemental approach to support rather than a narrow diagnosis and 'compliance' which does not leave room for our differences.

Thank you all.

James

March 2012 - Prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg for anxiety and phobias

May 2012 - Jan 2017 - Had several brief spells on 30mg, none helpful, remained at 15mg

May 2017 - Started my withdrawal by transferring to liquid preparation at the same dosage (1ml = 15mg)

• Moderator Emeritus

Another one:  Gwen Olsen, author of Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher.  She already has a couple of interviews but she was also on psychiatric drug/s herself and her niece committed suicide when on them.

Ex-Big Pharma Rep:  We’re Trained To Misinform -The Drugs ARE Dangerous (6 minute video)

Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher (51 minutes Gwen Olsen - ex pharmaceutical representative)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

James, I have loved all of your interviews. You've done a spectacular job lining up the members of the small group of courageous experts who are willing to speak out against the party line and expose what these drugs are really about and the harms they are causing so many people. But it is great that you are also including ordinary folks who share their personal struggles and the horror show they've gone through,  and the damage, albeit temporary, that has been done to them simply because they want to get OFF of the merry go round of drugging.  I especially enjoyed Megan's recent interview, and I look forward every Tuesday to the next one.   It is, to me, so good to hear people stating out loud "the unspeakable" truth--that our entire mental health/psychiatry system is built upon the shifting sands of lies and greed and iatrogenic harms. Thank you for doing this.

Well said DFP.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I have now started to get more experts approach me to talk, which is incredible.

Wow that is just tremendous.

I am just so blown away and so grateful for what you are doing.

The traction you are getting is phenomenal. I see T30 is posting your audios.

I like cc's recommendation to get G Olsen.

I was just thinking we all know doctors are clueless but surprisingly imo many pharmacists are aware of the harm being caused yet are not able to say anything. As one quietly leaned forward once and whispered to me  in acute wdl as i was seeking answers 'its not you its the drug but im not allowed to tell you that. ' At that moment for me the lightbulb went on and i went home and then found online support.

I believe mental health workers are also gagged as i spoke to one regarding the reason for a persons suicide attempt as being due to the ssri they were trying to get off and they also said to me 'yes we know that but we aren't allowed to say anything' .

Talking to a prominent pharmacist and health care worker may also be interview options.

This is what D Taylor said in 1999, clearly a man ahead of his time.  I wonder what this man might have to say today 18 yrs on. I guess he would be horrified at the iatrogenic epidemic nightmare that is occurring in society today.

I'd love to hear from Taylor again.

The real truth is that for many people antidepressants withdrawal  syndrome is neither mild nor short. Its not quite like standard texts say.  David Taylor chief pharmacist at the Maudsley Hospital London. Taylor D : Truth withdrawal, Open mind (National Association for Mental Health, London E14), September/October 1999, 16.

Anyway James thanks again for all you are doing. You single handedly are blowing a very strong breeze at this house of cards.

Wishing you even more success to unbelievable levels.

I hope your audios reach the millions who need to hear them.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

James, I just listened to your podcast interview with Dr. Joanna Moncrieff and it was an impressive interview. 

I hadn't heard about the RADAR study and as a long-term antipsychotic survivor myself, I'm very happy to hear that antipsychotic withdrawal is being researched. 

I think this kind of research holds great benefits not only for folks on antipsychotics, but also for antidepressant and benzo survivors for the simple reason that if antipsychotics aren't needed for the most serious of mental distress, are drugs really needed for other forms of mental distress? 

Also, since antipsychotics are often used as adjunct depression treatment for what is now labeled "treatment-resistant depression" and "bipolar depression," this research will hopefully open the doors for research into the antidepressants. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that many of the people on antipsychotics in this study were first on an antidepressant that sparked a psychotic or manic episode. 

Since the RADAR study is being funded by the UK government's NIHR, it's clear that more and more researchers and doctors are becoming aware that something has gone terribly wrong with these drugs. 

To add a follow-up to NZ11's comment, I also have gotten more information about these drugs from pharmacists than doctors. My last pharmacist had a very emotional reaction when I told her I was off all of my drugs and she told me about her own experience with Xanax, which she was prescribed for several months after having surgery. She said way too many people are on these drugs and the withdrawal can be nothing short of horrific. 

I wonder if you could interview a knowledgeable pharmacist? I wonder if there are any whistler-blower type pharmacists out there that would be willing to speak out about this? 

Thank you for another great interview. 

Hi all, thank you so much for your feedback, I'm so grateful to you for taking the time to write.

@ChessieCat - thanks for this, I have been in touch with Gwen and I'm hopeful that she would be interested in an interview, you're right that an ex Pharma view of these drugs and the activities of these manufacturers would be really good context.

@nz11 - Thanks so much, like you I have found that Pharmacists are more open to discussing the limitations and problems with these drugs. Really interesting quote you gave from David Taylor. There is clearly a cover up and no one wants to admit the damage and harm, it's almost too big a problem to expose now but I want to keep trying. I couldn't do it without the support of yourself and many other on this site too, thank you.

@Shep - Thank you so much, Joanna was really interesting to talk with and it is good to know that work is being done to understand and document the experiences that people have taking these drugs. Like you say, the evidence shows that antidepressants are almost a gateway to an antipsychotic, I have certainly had to refuse Quetiapine on a number of occasions, even though I was persuaded very strongly that it would "boost the action of the antidepressant" which is, of course, nonsense. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen. I'd like to use some of your feedback in the podcast, I hope that's ok.

@DrugFreeProf - Likewise, I would like to use some of your very kind feedback in the podcast, I hope that's ok with you.

Thanks to everyone, I am still working hard on more episodes so please keep listening in.

Best wishes

James

May 2012 - Jan 2017 - Had several brief spells on 30mg, none helpful, remained at 15mg

May 2017 - Started my withdrawal by transferring to liquid preparation at the same dosage (1ml = 15mg)

James, you certainly may use my feedback for any purpose you choose.

I am most gratified by what you are doing.

Drugfree Prof

W/d sx from Prozac started around 3 months after cessation--crying spells, depressed mood, lethargy; resolved in 8 - 12 mos. post cessation

Used and continue to use a TON of alternative methods--meditation, mindfulness, nutrition. supplements, exercise, etc.

Thank you so much, feedback really helps me to gain more awareness, I'm very grateful to you.

• Moderator Emeritus

@Shep - Thank you so much, Joanna was really interesting to talk with and it is good to know that work is being done to understand and document the experiences that people have taking these drugs. Like you say, the evidence shows that antidepressants are almost a gateway to an antipsychotic, I have certainly had to refuse Quetiapine on a number of occasions, even though I was persuaded very strongly that it would "boost the action of the antidepressant" which is, of course, nonsense. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen. I'd like to use some of your feedback in the podcast, I hope that's ok.

Hi, James.

Please do use any of my feedback here. I'm glad you find it helpful. And I'm glad you refused the Quetiapine. That is a very dangerous drug, and the last one I let go from my own cocktail. 

Thanks again for your podcasts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

You'll have to excuse how far behind I've gotten with the podcasts. I just listened to the interview with Christopher Jump. What an amazing program he's developed. I'm sure I echo others when I say how great it would be to have something like that available in my area.

I'm curious about something, though. Christopher, like many others, suggests that antidepressants are OK for short term use under certain circumstances. Whenever I hear this I can't help but wonder what they mean by "short-term" or "the right circumstances". When I first started taking the drug I experienced some pretty bizarre side effects for the first 6 months before everything evened out, and by the time those six months were over my brain had really adapted to the drug. So much so that I imagine even if I had come off then, I would have struggled with some very difficult withdrawal.

So when I hear someone suggest that using these drugs short term is OK I seriously wonder why they think that and I often find myself wishing they would expand on that thought.

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

• Moderator Emeritus

So when I hear someone suggest that using these drugs short term is OK I seriously wonder why they think that and I often find myself wishing they would expand on that thought.

I think that is a great point, Patricia.  My guess is that people have taken that position for several reasons, none of which are particularly compelling to me.  First, it sounds very radical to say "no antidepressants...ever" and people don't want to lose credibility when they speak.  Second, people are paying some sort of homage to those that say, "if it were not for ________, I would not be here in front of you right now."  It's almost as if it would be demeaning to their experience to eschew the value of antidepressants.  

My understanding of the way SSRIs work is that you are supposed to need 4-6 weeks for them to begin "working".  If that is the case it further confounds the notion of "short term" because I would generally view that to be 1-3 months or so and it takes that long to find out if they provide any benefit.  Add to that the statistics of SSRIs v. "active" placebo, i.e. controlling for drug side effects (see Irving Kirsch's work) and the fact that no significant difference exists and you come to the conclusion that the only benefit of the drugs is anecdotal in nature and people are simply afraid to appear heretical when they speak.

When you look at someone like Kelly Brogan who has decided to "throw away the prescription pad" altogether and does not write any scripts for SSRIs other than for weaning purposes, you begin to realize that nobody would be disadvantaged if they were outlawed (other than the need to get them to allow us to taper off!).

The one caveat to all of this is that human biological response varies dramatically.  That is why much of the buzzword in alternative, complementary and functional medicine these days revolves around the N of 1, i.e. individualized medicine.  It may well be that for the right person in the right situation an SSRI is the optimal thing to help them recover from a severe depression.  However, until we can test to determine who falls into that category and who does not, it is equally plausible that more people are being harmed than helped by a very long shot.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

13 hours ago, PatriciaVP said:

I'm curious about something, though. Christopher, like many others, suggests that antidepressants are OK for short term use under certain circumstances. Whenever I hear this I can't help but wonder what they mean by "short-term" or "the right circumstances". When I first started taking the drug I experienced some pretty bizarre side effects for the first 6 months before everything evened out, and by the time those six months were over my brain had really adapted to the drug. So much so that I imagine even if I had come off then, I would have struggled with some very difficult withdrawal.

I also wonder this and find it quite concerning. Especially in the case of immediate adverse reactions to these drugs. I took 1 dose of Sertraline and was extremely ill for a very long time. It was also what almost lead to poly drugging and hospitalisation.  When people are started on antidepressants I'm pretty sure most aren't aware that this is a potential consequence. There's no way of knowing before you start taking the drugs whether of not this might happen to you. 

2001 (Age 12) - PROZAC 10mg for situational anxiety. Taken over a few weeks.

2005 - PROZAC 10mg. Taken over 7 months. Made me depressed and feel ill. Tapered off over 2 weeks on advice from doctor. 

April 2014- SERTRALINE 25mg. Had a severe adverse reaction within 12 hours. Only took 1 dose.

October 2014- MIRTAZAPINE 15mg

February 2015- Upped Mirtazapine to 30mg because I was feeling much worse than before I started taking it.

August 2015- Dropped Mirtazapine back to 15mg because 30mg was causing even more severe side effects.

October 2015- Mirtazapine 7.5mg. Desperate to get off and feeling awful.

December 2015- Drug free. 5 days after last Mirtazapine tablet hit by severe WD symptoms.

January 2016. Hospitalised because of WD symptoms. Given 2mg of Diazepam.

January 2016 - December 2016. 2mg DIAZEPAM taken as needed. Didn't really help much and never took more than 5 tablets in a month.

Still suffering from numerous symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

Remember everybody write a review of the podcast if you can! 

Note to self: fix/reset iTunes password so I can do this myself. ^_^

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Thanks for your responses Andy and Lyssa.

I figured the statement was more of a "cover your butt", and that most people who say it don't necessarily believe it. I just think it would be interesting if people who said it in the off handed way that they do were further pressed to clarify. It might result in some very poignant conversations.

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

• 2 weeks later...

http://drpeterbregginshow.podbean.com/

My guest is British Aristocracy. Luke Montagu is the heir to Mapperton, the finest manor house in England, and is slated to one day become the Earl of Sandwich. But it has not been a charmed or fairytale life and antidepressants almost destroyed him. Instead of retreating into dreams of becoming an Earl, Luke has become one of the most compassionate and caring people I have had the honor to interview on the Dr. Peter Breggin Hour. He puts efforts in supporting the spirituality of the Dali Lama and in developing and distributing programs to teach compassion and forgiveness in schools. Beyond that, he manages to devote himself to the seemingly diverse task of bringing scientific sanity to psychiatry and mental health. I enjoyed and benefitted from having an hour with Luke Montagu. You will, too.

hope its ok to put this up here, its well worth a listen.

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, powerback said:

http://drpeterbregginshow.podbean.com/

My guest is British Aristocracy. Luke Montagu is the heir to Mapperton, the finest manor house in England, and is slated to one day become the Earl of Sandwich. But it has not been a charmed or fairytale life and antidepressants almost destroyed him. Instead of retreating into dreams of becoming an Earl, Luke has become one of the most compassionate and caring people I have had the honor to interview on the Dr. Peter Breggin Hour. He puts efforts in supporting the spirituality of the Dali Lama and in developing and distributing programs to teach compassion and forgiveness in schools. Beyond that, he manages to devote himself to the seemingly diverse task of bringing scientific sanity to psychiatry and mental health. I enjoyed and benefitted from having an hour with Luke Montagu. You will, too.

hope its ok to put this up here, its well worth a listen.

PB

Good post, Powerback. I listened to that podcast last evening and thought Luke was fantastic.  His timeline and the way he lays things out was very good.  I am thinking about asking my family to make their Father's Day gift to me to listen to the first 20 minutes of the podcast.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

23 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Good post, Powerback. I listened to that podcast last evening and thought Luke was fantastic.  His timeline and the way he lays things out was very good.  I am thinking about asking my family to make their Father's Day gift to me to listen to the first 20 minutes of the podcast.

Best,

Andy

Hope they do for you Andy .he can really make a difference in time good on him ,like our own James more .making a difference with the podcast .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to check in and   say I really hope everyone is listening to the podcast ,I want to thank you james again for setting this up ,listening to peoples stories has been inspiring and its giving me the confidence to start my taper again and I'm determined to stick to it ,I just finished listen to holly and what she says about inflammation is so true ,my brain has felt like its in an inflammation glove for 6 months .

thanks james ,what a difference your making

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

On 2017-06-07 at 9:37 AM, Lyssa said:

I also wonder this and find it quite concerning. Especially in the case of immediate adverse reactions to these drugs. I took 1 dose of Sertraline and was extremely ill for a very long time. It was also what almost lead to poly drugging and hospitalisation.  When people are started on antidepressants I'm pretty sure most aren't aware that this is a potential consequence. There's no way of knowing before you start taking the drugs whether of not this might happen to you. 

I agree. I took zoloft for four months, and couldnt stop then, when I wanted. It took me six years to get to zero!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Hi, folks.  My interview (DrugFreeProf) with James Moore for the Mad in America/Let's Talk Withdrawal podcast has been posted today and is available at the links below. Thanks to James Moore for his incredible dedication to educating us and the general public about  the problems with antidepressants and AD withdrawal.

Here’s how to listen:

If you have an iPhone, iPad or PC/Mac with iTunes, this link will take you to the iTunes Store, if you press the SUBSCRIBE button each new episode will download automatically…

https://goo.gl/rqkKG7

Or you can also listen and download the episode here on the Mad in America website:

https://goo.gl/tyyLmt

Drugfree Prof

32 minutes ago, DrugfreeProf said:

Hi, folks.  My interview (DrugFreeProf) with James Moore for the Mad in America/Let's Talk Withdrawal podcast has been posted today and is available at the links below. Thanks to James Moore for his incredible dedication to educating us and the general public about  the problems with antidepressants and AD withdrawal.

Here’s how to listen:

If you have an iPhone, iPad or PC/Mac with iTunes, this link will take you to the iTunes Store, if you press the SUBSCRIBE button each new episode will download automatically…

https://goo.gl/rqkKG7

Or you can also listen and download the episode here on the Mad in America website:

https://goo.gl/tyyLmt

This is a brilliant interview. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and thanks again James. I hope that it provides more informative insight to people. It would be interested to know your students reactions next year after you have explored these issues more with them. Maybe a 2nd interview one day?

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, DrugfreeProf said:

Hi, folks.  My interview (DrugFreeProf) with James Moore for the Mad in America/Let's Talk Withdrawal podcast has been posted today and is available at the links below. Thanks to James Moore for his incredible dedication to educating us and the general public about  the problems with antidepressants

Maureen and James,

What a great interview!  Thank you both for such a candid discussion about these issues,  I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this journey has been for you, Mo.  your willingness to put it out there for all to hear is really selfless.

James -- keep up the great work and congratulations on MIA picking it up.  One show thought -- have Bob Whittaker do an interview of you which will allow listeners to connect even more deeply with you and understand where you come from as you conduct theses interviews. 

Best,

Andy

question ,so the podcast is now directly from madinamerica ,good on ye James .the previous podcast guests ,is there a link to them on madinamerica also.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi fema4psychiatrists, apace41 and Powerback, thanks so much for all of your support, I am so grateful to you. In short, yes both the new MIA podcast and Let's Talk withdrawal are all available on the MIA website and still on iTunes too. You can find them here:

https://www.madinamerica.com/mia-radio/mia-podcast/

https://www.madinamerica.com/mia-radio/lets-talk-withdrawal/

Thank you so much for these podcasts. In addition to the information and different perspectives, it just helps so much to know I'm not alone. When I'm struggling, I listen to them and read the stories on here. It's so good to hear the actual voices of other people in similar situations - makes the issue more real.

Citalopram: Feb 2016 to May 2017. I tapered over 2 weeks under the supervision of my GP.

Dosage: 20mg pd.

Tapering: 20mg every 2nd day for 1 week, 20mg every 3rd day for 1 week.

Reason to quit: Mitral valve prolapse - disturbing palpitations and chest pain which resolved off meds; weight gain.

Hi SidTheButterfly, thank you so much for the feedback, it really makes it special to know that the podcast reaches out to people. Like you I wanted to hear people and I couldn't find anything so that's what led to me creating the podcast, I am in the process of withdrawing myself now and it is tough but the podcast and this amazing support group keep me going. Thank you for your message and my very best wishes to you.

when everyone around me doubts me or is loosing patience with me ,the podcast is up there with one of the biggest comforts and supports to go too .

awards coming your way James in the future and I believe total recovery of these drugs is just one of them .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

@JamesMoore, I'm now a huge fan of your podcast, and download them as soon as they come out.

I haven't listened to all of them (I have all of my podcasts on random play) but the ones I've listened to have been excellent.

I'm super impressed by your interviewing skills, and your excellent professional radio presence.  I wonder if you've had professional vocal training or what - I find your voice extremely soothing, and I can imagine that is beneficial in getting your interviewees to open up and share what are often difficult stories.

Thank you so much for your work on this, and on the tapering kits.

I send links out to friends all the time.

Edited by JanCarol

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi JanCarol

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback and for your support, hearing from listeners really makes my day. I've never had any vocal training, to be honest I realised that withdrawing from my antidepressant I couldn't do much, but I could still speak, hence doing the podcast. I know for some even holding a conversation is exhausting. I've also been very fortunate with my interviewees, they really have been willing to share some very difficult personal experiences and I am so grateful to them and yourself too for listening in.

Thank you also for helping me raise awareness of the podcast, in July the podcast was downloaded over 10,000 times in just one month so the word is spreading. I am determined to tell this story however I can.

My best wishes to you

James

• 2 months later...

HI james I'm not sue if you still check in on this thread ,I want to commend you and congratulate you on the appointment to MIA ,I enjoy listening  ,this isn't a criticism but when you first started it ,hearing from the people going through the experience of withrawl was very helpful and encouraging ,listening to a lady back then has helped me to stay on my path of tapering and to never look .

Anyway keep up the good work and thanks for bringing awareness to our plight .

I hope your own recovery is going good 

Respect .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi Powerback, thanks so much for listening and for the feedback too, I do miss Let’s Talk Withdrawal as it was my first steps into podcasting but also I am enjoying the wider scope of MIA. I will definitely be covering psych drugs in upcoming interviews as they are so key to so much suffering. Today’s episode is Olga Runciman and she has withdrawn from a cocktail of antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs taken over a decade. Thanks for the feedback and I will make sure we continue to discuss experiences with the drugs. I hope you are doing ok, my best wishes to you.

1 hour ago, JamesMoore said:

Hi Powerback, thanks so much for listening and for the feedback too, I do miss Let’s Talk Withdrawal as it was my first steps into podcasting but also I am enjoying the wider scope of MIA. I will definitely be covering psych drugs in upcoming interviews as they are so key to so much suffering. Today’s episode is Olga Runciman and she has withdrawn from a cocktail of antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs taken over a decade. Thanks for the feedback and I will make sure we continue to discuss experiences with the drugs. I hope you are doing ok, my best wishes to you.

ye exactly the world needs the wider scope of MIA ,hopefully it doesn't take the length of time it took the Tabaco industry to change but I suppose people still smoke knowing the dangers .take care .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.