SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman, so nice to hear from you again. I remember your original AD recovery on PP and clung to that. Was so sad for you when it all crashed in again with the cipro. I'm very encouraged to see that you have recovered- again!

I still have the anhedonia as well. It is not as "thick" anymore, but it is there in the sense that everything feels like a joyless chore, with small flickers of time where the heart catches on and I feel positive or excited about what Im doing. I am 9 months drug free now, after a 4 year nice and slow 10% taper from 20mg Paxil. However i was in acute wd from CT-ing Effexor prior to the Paxil taper so it was a rough ride. Hoping for continued improvement. I'm happy you're working on your cars again, good for you!!! :)

hello Aberdeen! Of course I remember you. Yep, those PP days were something. So glad you did a slow taper. Wish I would have known about it before the doc cutting me loose too fast. 9 months...you're still a "wd baby" :) you'll get through the anhedonia...trust me.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Aeroman, congratulations!!!! I am so pleased for you. We all are. I am sure you are most of all. I am just so encouraged to hear you say over and over, the brain heals!!! In our own time frame yes, but it heals!!!!! When in it, some days one wonders, will I heal???? I always rejoice when I hear this from those like you who have come through it. Very hopeful!!!!

Aeroman, I wonder if you were able to work during your Lexapro WD?

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman, congratulations!!!! I am so pleased for you. We all are. I am sure you are most of all. I am just so encouraged to hear you say over and over, the brain heals!!! In our own time frame yes, but it heals!!!!! When in it, some days one wonders, will I heal???? I always rejoice when I hear this from those like you who have come through it. Very hopeful!!!!

Thank you! Yes, it does heal!

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes but my work performance was poor. I was just happy I wasn't fired.

Aeroman. Thank you for sharing your very encouraging update. It gives hope during this arduous process. It's great that you can shine your light for others to see.  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thanks so much! Gracious, you saved your job! I can imagine how difficult to maintain a job during WD.

Did you have much difficulty with congnitive ability?

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks so much! Gracious, you saved your job! I can imagine how difficult to maintain a job during WD.

Did you have much difficulty with congnitive ability?

Lex

I sure did. I tried to keep the status quo

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman. Thank you for sharing your very encouraging update. It gives hope during this arduous process. It's great that you can shine your light for others to see.

you're welcome

Aeroman, can you elaborate on your comment "strengthening your mind" during this time of W/D. Please be specific as to what? And How? Thank you.

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman, can you elaborate on your comment "strengthening your mind" during this time of W/D. Please be specific as to what? And How? Thank you.

to determine who is the real you vs "WD you". WD made me think of weird intrusive thoughts so I consciously knew that wasn't "me". Learning to be patient.

Aeroman, can I and most of us no doubt, relate to this. Obsessive fear too!!! I know I was not like this before WD. I know it is a fragment of truth compounded like 100 times. Very frustrating!!! What in particular seemed to help you through it??

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman, can I and most of us no doubt, relate to this. Obsessive fear too!!! I know I was not like this before WD. I know it is a fragment of truth compounded like 100 times. Very frustrating!!! What in particular seemed to help you through it??

obsessive and intense fear! I hated it. I felt like a 5 year old watching a very scary movie. I felt like a prisoner in my own mind. I also remember having issues with short term memory, focus issues, concentration issues.

I watched a lot of TV to burn time. I read a lot of Claire Weekes, listened to her mp3s (free online). I read a lot of forums (PP, drugs.com, anxiety forums). I communicated with 4 people throughout my journey (some I still keep in touch with). We were all going through WD. I also chatted with 3 recovered folks who kept assuring me I was going to be OK (and I doubted and doubted).

And now; you too are ok. Oh, thank God!!! I am having a very hard day. The process has been long and oh so slow. You are a great encouragement to me and so many others. I too so long to be recovered. To have " me " back. I know in my mind that the process will be what it will be and the time frame will be my own but my heart aches today for the difficult journey it has been and is. God and time!!! Thank you Aeroman !!!!

Aero have you recovered 100%? Do you have cognitive issues? I have problems in my relationships I feel I'm not spontaneous as I like to be. I always need to think over even when communicating with people. Ever experience that?

Thank you

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

• Moderator Emeritus

Aero have you recovered 100%? Do you have cognitive issues? I have problems in my relationships I feel I'm not spontaneous as I like to be. I always need to think over even when communicating with people. Ever experience that?

Thank you

150% recovered. The extra 50% because I've gained a new understanding of this whole ordeal. No, I don't experience that.

• Moderator Emeritus

And now; you too are ok. Oh, thank God!!! I am having a very hard day. The process has been long and oh so slow. You are a great encouragement to me and so many others. I too so long to be recovered. To have " me " back. I know in my mind that the process will be what it will be and the time frame will be my own but my heart aches today for the difficult journey it has been and is. God and time!!! Thank you Aeroman !!!!

you're welcome!

This is sooooo wonderful. I can't emphasize how wonderful this is. I'm 6 months off lexapro CT and barely hanging on. I have a 9 year old daughter who needs her daddy so much. After reading this I'm going to hug her tight and think to myself that everything will be OK ...thank you so much Aeroman.

December 2014 - Lexapro 20 mg

August 2016 Med free (6 week taper)

December 22 2021  added Abilify 5mg / Ativan .5mg / Depakote ER 1000mg

Discontinued Abilify 5mg on 12-30-21---accidental dose on 1-13-22 (looks like Ativan)

Ativan PRN/Discontinued 1-14-22

Only drug is Depakote ER 1000mg ( looking to taper slow and safe for once )

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

Hi Aeroman,

Thanks for writing out your success story! It is truly amazing to see another recover from this horrifying ordeal. I CT'd from Prozac after a year of use. I am 5.5 months out now and I am holding on by a thread.

Did you experience the typical windows and waves all the time or was it more of a 24/7 torture with gradual healing? I used to have windows but I don't anymore. I am surviving barely everyday.

Also did you experience a multitude of physical symptoms like teeth pain, pins + needles, neuropathy? Can you now eat and do everything without having a setback?

BTW I am also from SoCal! Hello neighbor!

My medication -- Prozac
August 2015: Started on 10mg/day
September 2015 to May 2016: Increased to 20mg/day
May 2016: Abruptly stopped 20mg for 2 weeks (withdrawal symtoms arose but assumed it was worsened depression)
June 2016 to August 2016: increased to 40mg (my body reacted very badly to this dose)
August 2016: decreased back to 20mg
September 2016: tapered off 10mg this month alone
September 30, 2016: last day of Prozac
October 2016: month long window
November 2016-Present: WD symptoms (too many physical sxs and some mental sxs)
February 5-20, 2017: Reinstated at 1-2mg // February 21, 2017: Back to no meds

• Moderator Emeritus

This is sooooo wonderful. I can't emphasize how wonderful this is. I'm 6 months off lexapro CT and barely hanging on. I have a 9 year old daughter who needs her daddy so much. After reading this I'm going to hug her tight and think to myself that everything will be OK ...thank you so much Aeroman.

Your 6-month mark was August of 2008 it for me....I was in the midst of w/d and crying for mercy!  I lost count how many doctors i went to see to get rid of the awful thoughts and feelings.  No doctor helped me.  They did not buy into the fact of SSRI w/d.  They told me it should only last for a few weeks which was utter BS!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aeroman,

Thanks for writing out your success story! It is truly amazing to see another recover from this horrifying ordeal. I CT'd from Prozac after a year of use. I am 5.5 months out now and I am holding on by a thread.

Did you experience the typical windows and waves all the time or was it more of a 24/7 torture with gradual healing? I used to have windows but I don't anymore. I am surviving barely everyday.

Also did you experience a multitude of physical symptoms like teeth pain, pins + needles, neuropathy? Can you now eat and do everything without having a setback?

BTW I am also from SoCal! Hello neighbor!

Hello fellow So Cal friend!!!  I work in the OC area :)

I also took Prozac about a year before I started Lexapro.  I remember quitting Prozac C/T and feeling ok until the 6-month mark.  I clearly remembered waking up at 3am with butterflies all over my gut, adrenaline rushing, and telling my wife, "Oh crap, it's back again!"

First part of Lexapro w/d was almost 24/7 of bad anxiety and depression.  I think it was the 10-12th month mark I felt relief (not recovery).  I was able to notice the evenings were easier to deal with.  In fact, in my own mind, I would tell myself at 10am that 9pm will be much better to give myself daily hope.  The windows happened after the one year mark. I would go months with no windows only to get one or two and then poof, go away.  A big YES to the physical symptoms, especially with my lower back and legs.

I eat completely normal.  Fruits, veggies, etc.  I piped down the caffeine usage but not completely gone.

In a given year, I will have 2-3 episodes of depression and anxiety but are short lived.  When I get it, I basically tell it to F off knowing it won't hang for that much time and it has been 100% the case.

BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE you WILL recover from this.  We each have our own timeline when recovery will occur.  We'll be in touch and I look forward reading everyone's recovery story.

Hello fellow So Cal friend!!!  I work in the OC area :)

I also took Prozac about a year before I started Lexapro.  I remember quitting Prozac C/T and feeling ok until the 6-month mark.  I clearly remembered waking up at 3am with butterflies all over my gut, adrenaline rushing, and telling my wife, "Oh crap, it's back again!"

First part of Lexapro w/d was almost 24/7 of bad anxiety and depression.  I think it was the 10-12th month mark I felt relief (not recovery).  I was able to notice the evenings were easier to deal with.  In fact, in my own mind, I would tell myself at 10am that 9pm will be much better to give myself daily hope.  The windows happened after the one year mark. I would go months with no windows only to get one or two and then poof, go away.  A big YES to the physical symptoms, especially with my lower back and legs.

I eat completely normal.  Fruits, veggies, etc.  I piped down the caffeine usage but not completely gone.

In a given year, I will have 2-3 episodes of depression and anxiety but are short lived.  When I get it, I basically tell it to F off knowing it won't hang for that much time and it has been 100% the case.

BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE you WILL recover from this.  We each have our own timeline when recovery will occur.  We'll be in touch and I look forward reading everyone's recovery story.

Omg I can just cry because you have given me SO much hope that recovery does happen. The withdrawal from Prozac didn't hit me until a month later after quitting and I was hit with brain zaps. Then it was downhill from there. I can definitely identify with the adrenaline rushes and butterflies in the stomach.

I hope my windows come back. The windows I had before were soo good... I am waiting on them everyday. The physical symptoms are just the WORST! 

It's great to hear you can also eat like normal and not have setbacks. I hope I can get to do the same but of course in moderation. I definitely don't plan to gorge on caffeine and alcohol after all this lol. 

BTW I live sorta close to the OC... I am by Pomona if you know where that is. Anyways, I'm sure you are out and living life to the fullest now! You deserve it  :D

My medication -- Prozac
August 2015: Started on 10mg/day
September 2015 to May 2016: Increased to 20mg/day
May 2016: Abruptly stopped 20mg for 2 weeks (withdrawal symtoms arose but assumed it was worsened depression)
June 2016 to August 2016: increased to 40mg (my body reacted very badly to this dose)
August 2016: decreased back to 20mg
September 2016: tapered off 10mg this month alone
September 30, 2016: last day of Prozac
October 2016: month long window
November 2016-Present: WD symptoms (too many physical sxs and some mental sxs)
February 5-20, 2017: Reinstated at 1-2mg // February 21, 2017: Back to no meds

Aeroman, I have another question. I have read your posts on how you struggled with the neuro anxiety, you mentioned reading and listening to Claire weekes and what I am wondering, now that you recovered, what is your perspective in so far as, obviously, her information is very helpful to us in withdrawal but with time, the CNS heals, so I am asking I guess, not really sure how to ask it, was it Claire Weekes or time that brought the healing, or perhaps both???

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman, I have another question. I have read your posts on how you struggled with the neuro anxiety, you mentioned reading and listening to Claire weekes and what I am wondering, now that you recovered, what is your perspective in so far as, obviously, her information is very helpful to us in withdrawal but with time, the CNS heals, so I am asking I guess, not really sure how to ask it, was it Claire Weekes or time that brought the healing, or perhaps both???

For me, it was both. At first, I employed the Weekes' method but it didn't help at first until I kept practicing it and practicing it. As time went on, I noticed that the panic attacks became less intense and less frequent. It really does work. Other stuff resolved within time as well that we're not Weekes related issues.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Aeroman. You have given hope to so many people by coming back to write your recovery story, and by staying in touch to answer questions.

I'm almost 4 years drug free after long term use, currently in the later stages of protracted withdrawal, much recovered, but still in the windows and waves pattern and today brought me back here looking for some hope and support because of another wave. They are shorter now, but often leave me with anhedonia and low mood for a while after.

So hearing how you are now completely recovered is wonderful. I especially liked reading about how you are back enjoying your hobbies. I remember reading your posts on PP, that feels like another lifetime.

Thank you so much for coming back and congratulations on your recovery.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for coming back and "paying it forward", Aeroman. 

You have given so much hope to so many of us.  The lack of success stories is difficult and you can see (by the number of questions you have received) how much people need to have role models for hope.

So glad you are living your life.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Aero how long you ve been off medication now? Have you ever experienced anhedonia ? At what point did it go away?

Thank you

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Aeroman. You have given hope to so many people by coming back to write your recovery story, and by staying in touch to answer questions.

I'm almost 4 years drug free after long term use, currently in the later stages of protracted withdrawal, much recovered, but still in the windows and waves pattern and today brought me back here looking for some hope and support because of another wave. They are shorter now, but often leave me with anhedonia and low mood for a while after.

So hearing how you are now completely recovered is wonderful. I especially liked reading about how you are back enjoying your hobbies. I remember reading your posts on PP, that feels like another lifetime.

Thank you so much for coming back and congratulations on your recovery.

Great to hear from you! You've been feeling better overall then?

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for coming back and "paying it forward", Aeroman.

You have given so much hope to so many of us. The lack of success stories is difficult and you can see (by the number of questions you have received) how much people need to have role models for hope.

So glad you are living your life.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy, yes, honestly, once we get to recovery, WD becomes a blur and a memory. We pick up where we left off in life and inadvertently forget to check in as I did. I figured I needed to check back in and thank this group for the support.

Thanks for giving hope . I am living a real tough time since last 12 months of stopped cocktail. I shout at my parents as if I have never had any good moments with them. Its with everyone but I try to keep shut my mouth as it opens loud with built in anger.

Wheres the happiness gone ? Where's mind , body? I have chronic low blood pressure which never goes up for a long time even after coffee ?

Had to leave a good paying job and since then jobless. Friends come by and ask whats going on. I feel so weak , irritable all the time that I avoid everyone. I feel I am deep stuck.

Thoughts of going back to see a psychiatrist come to get some relief but cannot courage up as they are the reason for me in this situation.

In build hatred to everyone. Why ?

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for giving hope . I am living a real tough time since last 12 months of stopped cocktail. I shout at my parents as if I have never had any good moments with them. Its with everyone but I try to keep shut my mouth as it opens loud with built in anger.

Wheres the happiness gone ? Where's mind , body? I have chronic low blood pressure which never goes up for a long time even after coffee ?

Had to leave a good paying job and since then jobless. Friends come by and ask whats going on. I feel so weak , irritable all the time that I avoid everyone. I feel I am deep stuck.

Thoughts of going back to see a psychiatrist come to get some relief but cannot courage up as they are the reason for me in this situation.

In build hatred to everyone. Why ?

we all have different situations at home. We all have different environments. However, it seems that the pattern is the same for many of us that quit the drug too fast. I cannot explain why some feel issues for a few days and others feel issues for a few months. But what I can say for a certainty is that we all have the same trend of issues. I can't explain why I was feeling weird after I got off Lexapro and I remember printing out a bunch of stuff so my loved ones can see that I was not going crazy period I was printing out stories about people having the same issues. All I can say is that over time, it does get better period I would tell myself that this time next year I will be doing a lot better than I am today. In the beginning, I remember counting the hours and weeks. Then it went to months. I stopped setting a time line for me. It didn't do any good and caused more heartache. Don't set up a time line for yourself. Just know it will get better.

Thanks Aeroman! I read through this whole thread and am so happy you're feeling 150%! WD truly is Hell on earth. When it gets really rough, we feel like it can never end, like we always felt thus way, we don't remember what it felt like to feel good etc.

You give us all hope!

I totally relate to your filling time theory, like being in a waiting room. This is what sets off my mild akathisia or restlessness if you will. I feel like life is passing me by as I am struggling to make sense of all this and to hold on and keep going.

It's something like I've never ever experienced before.

Thanks for your time and encouragement! It means the world to all of us here waiting for our turn to get off this rollercoaster!

January 2014: 25mg Sertraline. 

April 2016: 75mg of Sertraline.

June 2016: 0mg Sertraline.

September 20, 2016: WD

September 22nd: Lexapro 10mg for 3 weeks. Doctor CT’ed me. 

October 2016: Trazodone. (Forgot dose)

October 2016: CT trazodone 

October 2016: Buspirone 30mg 

October 26 2016 - Sertraline was reinstated. Titrated from 12.5mg - 57mg.

March 2018 - stabilized on 57mg. 
March 2023 - No medications.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Aeroman! I read through this whole thread and am so happy you're feeling 150%! WD truly is Hell on earth. When it gets really rough, we feel like it can never end, like we always felt thus way, we don't remember what it felt like to feel good etc.

You give us all hope!

I totally relate to your filling time theory, like being in a waiting room. This is what sets off my mild akathisia or restlessness if you will. I feel like life is passing me by as I am struggling to make sense of all this and to hold on and keep going.

It's something like I've never ever experienced before.

Thanks for your time and encouragement! It means the world to all of us here waiting for our turn to get off this rollercoaster!

You're welcome.  Hang in there

Hi Aeroman,

What an amazing story of recovery!

Definitely something to give me hope at this time.

Unlike most here, I am the spouse of someone who was on an SNRI and changed dramatically, almost costing us our marriage and breaking apart our family. She is now coming off them, but the effects are terrible.

I am not sure what to expect in the coming months and years, but am trying to stick by her and help her through this all even though she has admitted to having absolutely no feelings for me, and even had an affair late last year (shortly after the 8 week introductory period for the new medication was reached).

Your ability to reflect on your experience and provide some words of encouragement and wisdom to us all is much needed, so thank you for that!

My wife's medication and withdrawal process:

-----------------------------

July-December 2015 (approx):     Eleva (Zoloft) 50 mg

January-July 2016 (approx):         Eleva (Zoloft) 100 mg

July 2016-January 2017:              Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) 50 mg

January-April 2017:                        Tapered off Pristiq

April 2017-Present:                         No more Pristiq, dealing with withdrawal

Introductory post: http://tinyurl.com/gqwpglf

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aeroman,

What an amazing story of recovery!

Definitely something to give me hope at this time.

Unlike most here, I am the spouse of someone who was on an SNRI and changed dramatically, almost costing us our marriage and breaking apart our family. She is now coming off them, but the effects are terrible.

I am not sure what to expect in the coming months and years, but am trying to stick by her and help her through this all even though she has admitted to having absolutely no feelings for me, and even had an affair late last year (shortly after the 8 week introductory period for the new medication was reached).

Your ability to reflect on your experience and provide some words of encouragement and wisdom to us all is much needed, so thank you for that!

the lack of emotions is, unfortunately, a common issue and has affected marriages/relationships. The feelings come back.