If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

Aeroman Haven't Logged in for awhile - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#73 Dawood

Dawood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hi Aeroman,

What an amazing story of recovery!

Definitely something to give me hope at this time.

Unlike most here, I am the spouse of someone who was on an SNRI and changed dramatically, almost costing us our marriage and breaking apart our family. She is now coming off them, but the effects are terrible.

I am not sure what to expect in the coming months and years, but am trying to stick by her and help her through this all even though she has admitted to having absolutely no feelings for me, and even had an affair late last year (shortly after the 8 week introductory period for the new medication was reached).

Your ability to reflect on your experience and provide some words of encouragement and wisdom to us all is much needed, so thank you for that!

My wife's medication and withdrawal process:

-----------------------------

July-December 2015 (approx):     Eleva (Zoloft) 50 mg

January-July 2016 (approx):         Eleva (Zoloft) 100 mg

July 2016-February 2017:              Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) 50 mg

Introductory post: http://tinyurl.com/gqwpglf

#74 Aeroman

Aeroman

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

Hi Aeroman,

What an amazing story of recovery!

Definitely something to give me hope at this time.

Unlike most here, I am the spouse of someone who was on an SNRI and changed dramatically, almost costing us our marriage and breaking apart our family. She is now coming off them, but the effects are terrible.

I am not sure what to expect in the coming months and years, but am trying to stick by her and help her through this all even though she has admitted to having absolutely no feelings for me, and even had an affair late last year (shortly after the 8 week introductory period for the new medication was reached).

Your ability to reflect on your experience and provide some words of encouragement and wisdom to us all is much needed, so thank you for that!

the lack of emotions is, unfortunately, a common issue and has affected marriages/relationships. The feelings come back.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years.  Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper.  Recovered around 2011.  Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few.  Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

#75 Aeroman

Aeroman

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:45 AM

I was on Lexapro 2.5 mg then 5 mg for 6 years. It took me 2 years to wean off. I also had a horrible experience with Cipro! Please, can anyone tell me what experiences they had with Cipro? I was given it for any upper respiratory infection I had very freely, even for a dental cleaning. One day I went into anaphylaxis and nearly died. This was back in 2003. My doctor said that Cipro can make your joints explode. I have trouble with all of my joints now. I had no idea there were psychological effects from taking Cipro.

Your help will be appreciated! Please move this post to the right place if needed.

Kestrel

Yes, Cipro crosses the blood brain barrier and causes all sorts of neurological issues. Mine was auditory hallucinations, Insomnia, anxiety, depression, and fear. All went away.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years.  Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper.  Recovered around 2011.  Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few.  Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

#76 Bobo32

Bobo32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hey aero,
How is your symptoms now regrading memory, brain fog, anhedonia and sexual side effects?
I used lexapro just like you but unfortunately I used zyprexa too. Paxil as well 10 years ago.
Your experience is helpful
Thanks aero

#77 Aeroman

Aeroman

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

Hey aero,
How is your symptoms now regrading memory, brain fog, anhedonia and sexual side effects?
I used lexapro just like you but unfortunately I used zyprexa too. Paxil as well 10 years ago.
Your experience is helpful
Thanks aero

Hello, ALL resolved now.