SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Loom: Dropped from 22,5 mg Abilify to 15 mg today

Loom

I had the psychosis diagnosis in 2011. Takeing Abilify. Want to stop takeing. The next visit to doctors is at 1 mai. And i want to take action now so i dropped my dosage to 15 mg. Plan to stay on it 50 days and the drop again by half. I am a little afraid because i havent told anybody. Im afraid of criticisim and confrontation. I plan to tell my brother when we meet, he is my rock but others to tell it is complicated. I started 4 months ago also family Psychotherapy and it has helped me alot.

2011-2012 Olanzapin (dont remember mg) gained 24 pounds (11 pounds) so had to change to other

2012-2016 Abilify 15mg

2016 August to Oktober after 3 moths beeing free from Abilify the anxiety, manic began

2016 oktober - 2017 januar Olanzapin 5mg, (quited abrubtly syptoms started 2 weeks after quiting: felt manic, no sleep, anxiety for a week then all syptoms subsided)

2016 oktober - 2017 march Abilify 22,5mg (am having also psychotherapy)

2017 13 march - Abilify 18,75mg

2017 13 aprill - Abilify 15 mg

2017 1 May - Abilify  11,25 mg (next lowering 1 June to 7,5 then will begin to take baby steps at lowering) 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Loom and welcome to SA,

What dose of Abilify were on an before you started taking 15mg?  Is Abilify the only drug you are taking?  It is important they we know if you are taking other drugs so that we can make suggestions knowing all the facts.

Please create a drug signature Create Your Signature.  Please include details for the last 12-18 months of  all drugs, dates, doses and discontinuations & reinstatements.  If you can't remember dates, please write it as "early March" or "mid-August".  Please provide a summary of any drugs prior to that which can just be listed with start and stop years. Please include all prescription, non-prescription drugs and supplements you are currently taking. Phone Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature. Please also remember to update it with date and dose whenever make a change so that it remains current. Thank you.

SA recommends tapering by no more than 10% of the previous dose followed by a hold of about 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.  Please read the following:

Before you begin tapering what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off aripiprazole (Abilify)

It's a good idea to keep daily notes of your symptoms.

Keep Notes on Paper

Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

These helped me to understand SA's recommendations:

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

You might find it helpful to read these before seeing your doctor:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

I realise that this is a lot of information but it is important to learn as much as you can so that you can make informed decisions.  This is your Intro/Update topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you for info it is very helpful. I started drinking also kombucha tea and eating also black wallnut leaf capsules so i had today syptoms like tiredness and headache i think it is about tetoxification. 

2011-2012 Olanzapin (dont remember mg) gained 24 pounds (11 pounds) so had to change to other

2012-2016 Abilify 15mg

2016 August to Oktober after 3 moths beeing free from Abilify the anxiety, manic began

2016 oktober - 2017 januar Olanzapin 5mg, (quited abrubtly syptoms started 2 weeks after quiting: felt manic, no sleep, anxiety for a week then all syptoms subsided)

2017 1 May - Abilify  11,25 mg (next lowering 1 June to 7,5 then will begin to take baby steps at lowering) 

• Administrator

Loom, please don't make any big jumps with your drugs.

It's not about detoxification, it's about letting your nervous system gradually adjust to new drug levels.

Please read the links ChessieCat kindly offered, you will understand why you will want to move carefully. If you have had symptoms of psychosis, you want to be very gentle going off the drugs. If you show odd symptoms, you may be forcibly hospitalized and drugged.

If you want to avoid this, don't be daring with your drug changes, take care of your nervous system.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Dont know how it is for everyone else but i dont have any friends. Never had them much also before i got crazy ;) Im sitting home alone in my cave and am just shy, dont have any motivation to connect with strangers or try something new because everyone seems to be wanting to take advantage like selling me something i dont want. I feel just so isoletade more and more.

2012-2016 Abilify 15mg

• 2 weeks later...
The whole world is shrinking black. Empty. How to fill it, with what to fill it. How to find beauty. How to live in bliss. I want to feel good in this world, but I can not. I just can not. In this world, there is nothing beautiful in here. Just emptiness. And i dislike emptiness. Where can I find fulfillment. I do not see it in others. I do not see it in myself. I can not see it in anything.

I'll took the last efforts together and write. And im talking about how empty I am. I would like to sob alone, but not even sadness will not occur. I would like to recognize all those great emotions that have been lost or never occur. Is it the fact that I myself have separated myself from others. Prisoner in my own thoughts. How can these thoughts that are in my head be guilty of this emptiness.

But maybe it will help me when I pray for others. Ah it will not help i think. But still worth a try. However, I'd still be doing it alone. I want to feel this with others how we pray. Not alone. Why on earth am I suffering. I think others are also suffering and perhaps even more than I do. So i write.

Roses that have thorns smell. Modern flowers do not even know what is smell. Why? Why have they taken such a beautiful feature from the flower the good smell. Well, because the buyer did not notice to ever sniff a flower and demand it.

I am what i am. And yet I still do not want to stop writing because I have nothing else to fill that emptiness. I do not want that the only good feeling will end and that my own emptiness and depression will not anymore make others happy. So I will write on, because somehow it helps my depression when i think that others will be less depressed and shomehow they feel more happy. Its not that i want to delight others, i just want to feel better myself. I must accept the fact that, after all, that it can never be the case that i will be good at my core. I am just trying to constantly find some filling, and the maximum way i have found is to try to do it so that others can benefit from it. And so I'm typeing. I write to you.

To You

To you,

To the way in which you are beautiful,

To the way in which you are mine,

To your tender, yet sometimes artificial words,

To you,

To the little girl that you once were,

To the one that you usually are,

To your past, to your secrets,

To your ancient charming princes.

2012-2016 Abilify 15mg