simack

Beware of Kratom

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I just wanted to start a thread warning about using Kratom while in withdrawal, as I couldn't find one before I tried using it.

Please be very careful using Kratom to treat withdrawal related symptoms, despite what I had read and been assured of online that it is harmless and safe and effective at relieving withdrawals, the opposite has proven to be true for me. It my help people with a normal CNS withdraw from opiates and whatnot, but for those of us who are destabilised, it can create complete chaos. I'm nearing one month past trying 3mg of a red vein Borneo and am still suffering intensely from it. I just wanted to post a heads up for anyone who may be considering trying Kratom and making the same mistake I did

can you say in more detail what your experience was?  I have considered this route.  I would not classify myself as a normal CNS person so I really want to know.  I get so de-stabilized from gabapentin that I can't withdraw.  the only thing that helped me was opiates.  I broke my leg and was taking them for pain and realized I was tapering.  unfortunately I have none left.  since krater activates the opioid receptors I was hoping for the same. 

I can't say for sure how it will effect you chrona, I can only add my personal experience with it. Upon taking what I thought was a small dose of 3gm of a red Borneo, I did infact experience relief from withdrawal and actually felt happiness for the first time in two years. I slept for a solid 10 hours that night and woke feeling wonderful. The next morning though I woke feeling a bit off but didn't think much of it, I headed off to work and upon getting there I was hit with horrible intense anxiety, more like akathisia without the movement component. It was indescribable torture and lasted for a whole week before letting up and going. I made it through the next week with a few bad waves here and there but they were mostly manageable, I thought at this point I was out of the wood with it, however since last Saturday the horrific anxiety and feelings of internal torment and terror have returned stronger than I've ever experienced.. Im struggling to survive at the moment, with every second being torture, I can't sleep, I'm becoming over dependant on benzos to try and keep my job, I have a family to support.. I'm trying to avoid hospital if I can and I fear for the worst... I regret trying it deeply and would advice you to be extremely cautious with it.