Junglechicken

Candida Albicans overgrowth / Yeast infections

41 posts in this topic

Hi fellow Candida sufferers,

During my "travels" of the symptoms threads, I have never come across a dedicated anti-Candida thread so thought this could be a place we could discuss our healing from Candida Albicans.

Last Thursday I went to see a Naturopath about it as the eczema (among other things) has really got me down.

She did a report for me which stated that my Candida is "systemic". This means it's all over my body.

I also realise that I have had Candida for several years now, but didn't put 2+2 together; didn't see it as a whole.

Looking back, I can tell that stress has been the cause and latterly, WD has made it worse.

For the last month I have not touched refined sugar, have been taking massive doses of probiotics, although my Naturopath tells me that these won't do much with my leaky gut :0(

As for healing, I don't know how long it will take to eradicate the overgrowth and restore my gut health back to a healthy level. My immune system has been compromised because of the Candida.

Tomorrow I am having bloodwork done: Total blood count, C-Reactive Protein, Thyroid.

This I understand will determine level of inflammation.

Currently, my diet is very restricted and today I receive my 2 week "detox" kit as well as Adrenal gland support supplements and some other bits and pieces.

I had no idea how much damage Candida caused in the human body, and hope that further invasive investigation won't be needed.

Anyway, I hope we can help each other and share information to get through this. I have had eczema for over a year now which points to sustained inflammation in the body.

TC,

JC

Starting my 14 day DETOX programme tomorrow.

My Naturopath tells me that this will bring my body back to a "neutral" state and should reduce some of the inflammation I have been experiencing daily from anything I eat.

After that, I will remove a food group on a rotational basis to find out intolerances.

Worst nights sleep :0(

I screwed up and didn't take all the supplements I was supposed to yesterday....don't ask, wasn't thinking straight.

Had horrendous itching last night, CANNOT go outside today as my face looks like something out of a horror movie.

Also having a VERY heavy TOTM, which isn't helping at all.

These Candida rashes are really awful - burning, sore and crazy itchy not to mention gross to look at :0(

I'm doing ok cooking the recipes on the menu plan which is something.

Otherwise, miserable as hell.

Spoke to my lovely Naturopath this afternoon who cheered me up immensely.

Given that my blood tests came back negative/no action required....I don't have "systemic Candida", just a very unhappy gut.

Thank you God! Systemic Candida usually happens to people who are hospitalized and is very serious.

So

Stage 1: 2 week Detox

Stage 2: 6 week gut cleanse

Other tests may crop up later, but I have to remain calm as all I do is make the rashes worse by freaking out.

The technique for calming angry skin is cold wet flannel preferably soaked in cold camomile tea or similar. As its my TOTM, my body temp is much hotter, therefore slapping on coconut oil will trap the heat and cause irritation. This is what probably happened last night, as well, hormonal issues, and maybe eating fruit.

I'm learning, I'm learning.

Woke up to a lovely "new" rash all over my face and chest.

It's my gut dumping "Candida toxins" into my skin as it can't get rid of them effectively (yet).

What can I say, I'm used to looking like a freak show these days, and have even warned my hubby when he gets back today, lol.

I can't take the rashes any more.

Have ordered 1kg of "Bentonite Clay" which I can use on my upper body and face to draw the toxins away from my skin and give it some relief.

Don't know what else to do, I know my liver etc., is under strain trying to get rid of the Candida toxins and so my skin ends up being "it" as the toxic waste dumping site, however, its scary to look at and is sore etc, etc.,

Will keep you guys posted as to how well it works....

I haven't left the house in 3 days.....that means its REALLY bad :(

Normally, I'll get cabin fever after a few hours, but I just haven't felt that I can be outside; not only because of not wanting to face people but also my skin is uber sensitive to the sun.

My CBT is on hold, and so is the stables work.

This morning, I crushed up fresh mint and put it in between kitchen paper and soaked it in cold water as a cold press for relief from the burning/itching sensation.  It worked for a bit, and then flared up again.

Hope to God the clay poultice works.

hey Chicken,

I had just caught your Candida posts out of the corner of my eye on the forums page.  I have had candida terribly for years now.  It started when i was 18 and developed seboerric dermatitis and got much worse after I reinstated Zoloft and zyprexa in 2006.  I also began taking prevacid in 2006 which may have had something to do with it.    in 2006, i  became super fatigued all the time and developed bad breath and my body started to reek no matter how much i washed.  I didn't get eczema, but my whole groin started smelling like old moldy gym socks.  The smell was horrendous.   It was so bad and my dr wouldn't do anything for me except prescribe topical creams which did nothing.  I even wrote a poem about it. 

Man develops yeast infection

Is not adverse to being perverse

Says, "My cock smells

Like a moldy gym sock." 

I am still in full wd 3 years after quitting the meds cold turkey and have been having horrible problems with sleep.  I even started drinking beer again last summer as a way of knocking off and getting sleep.  Once I started drinking (only 2 or 3 pints of beer a night), I started developing horrendous fecal breath.  it was so bad and frustrating, it smelt like i had gargled with one of my own turds.  I started becoming constipated all the time and my stomach began bloating to the point of being distended.   it got me   doing internet searches (again the dr's. i would see wouldn't do anything, but would recommend i see a dentist even though i brush, floss, and gargle pretty regularly. ) and i started reading about intestinal parasites- pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, etc. 

Anyways, i bought some wormwood online (Kroeger's capsules) a few weeks back and finally gave it a try last week and 3 hrs after taking it, i had probably a weeks worth of bowel movements in like 2 hours.  Hopefully this isn't too graphic, but i had worms come out (they look liked 2 inch long pieces of angel hair pasta), then a backlog of weeks of dehydrated apple chunks from the instant oatmeal i eat for breakfast (appearantly they don't digest) and then later rice shaped worm larva.  it greatly cleared up my breath issues and my skin around my eyebrows/forehead and my bloating has been reduced as well.  i don't know if parasites may be causing your eczema, but it is one of those things, about like the effects of wd, that the dr's seem to disregard.  Parasite infestation can only happen in 3rd world countries, is the common misperception or bias among our doctors   i have read some other stories online of people clearing up issues with rashes after doing these parasite cleanses so it may be something to think about.  About wormwood (besides being an anti parasitical herb it also fights yeast) , it can adversely affect the kidneys so you have to be careful.  i started developing all day dull headaches 3 days into taking the pills (similar to what many folks go through in a yeast cleanse) , so i stopped (Between how lousy i usually feel in wd and all day headaches, it was just too much).

poetjester

Hey Poet,

Its bad isn't it? 

Thank you for speaking out about it, and it baffles me how the medical profession aren't willing to do anything to help us (at least they aren't here in the UK).

I never thought I would end up feeling "contaminated" like this, but here I am/here we are; and sorry that you're in hell with this too.

Yes, I am definitely willing to have the "other" test done to check for parasites etc., as we travelled for 3.5 months around India before emigrating to Canada in 2010; so who knows, something might show up from that.

However, I think the rashes (as opposed to the eczema) are being caused by Candida toxins being dumped onto my skin as my liver can't cope with the amount in my body.  The eczema COULD be linked to parasites, and I'll go and have that testing done as a precaution.

My weight is steadily dropping which is good, but energy levels aren't fully back...guessing because of the huge calorie drop.

Will keep the updates coming and hope you will too.

TC,

JC

However, the wonders of the internet led me to the idea of using:

Bentonite Clay - draws out the toxins

Witch hazel - calms the skin

Aloe Vera - heals the wounds (also suggested by AliG)

I just might "catch a break" from the unpleasantness of this detoxing.

Hey Chicken

I was just talking on facebook with one of the members of the SA members only facebook page (faithgirl on SA) who has been  suffering quite horribly with eczema since her reinstatement.  If you are interested in joining the page, there is a link under "off-topic"  on the forum menu page.  Be warned though, most of us are not doing that well and are in full wd.  Anyways, Faithgirl told me that, by chance, she cut out fruits and veggies two weeks ago and most of her eczema, except for spots on her lower legs, went away.  She has had to radically change her diet.  Very rarely coffee or tea.  Chocolate or legumes only once a week.  No grains except corn.  Sounds awful to me, but outside of the terrible eczema she is doing really well and is leading an active life.  there was another younger woman on the Zoloft facebook page who had reinstated after 18 years on Zoloft and a year of withdrawal freefall misery after a careful taper and  who developed eczema after reinstatement so it looks like it's not all that uncommon, although maybe you know that already.  anyways. 

Poetjester. 

Thanks PJ,

Yes eczema/dermatitis conditions are very common. 

The question is, how widespread on the body are they? Are they triggered by certain foods, or stress??  OR is it fungal i.e. Candida related?

Since starting this Detox, I have broken out into a rash which is hanging around and is extremely itchy, sore etc.,  I have started treating it with Bentonite Clay...which over time should draw out the toxins.  This isn't surprising BTW as detoxes have a way of being gotten rid of by the body via the skin (biggest organ).

How does it work? Well, I understand that Bentonite Clay comprises "negatively" charged ions and attracts "positively" charged ions; which are the toxins from the body to make it "complete".  Over several weeks, MAYBE my rashes will start to disappear because the toxins are being removed from my body.

This is my hope anyway....

I'm actually a member of the SA members only facebook page, so get to see most of the posts people are putting on there.  Will monitor those messages that come into my inbox more closely hereonin.

The next 3 days are the "liquid" stage of the detox...fun, fun, fun!

TC,

JC

Hi Jungle,

Interesting....... sure doesn't sound like much fun.  I'm glad AliG mentioned the Aloe Vera to you, as well as the Coconut oil(although I did read through and see that isn't good at the moment).  I'll attest to the aloe vera gel though.......I got a sunburn yesterday and it worked great.

Are you stopping the ?massive adrenal support program now that your labwork is done and thyroid is normal? ........at least as far as the labwork shows.........

Do you think some of it/rash might be due to the antibiotics you took.......at least I'm thinking you had taken some for something???  And the steroid creams?  Can they be causative for candida overgrowth in a sensitive Lexapro withdrawal system?

Yay on the mint soak and teas like chamomille on your skin.......I am a big tea fan.

Good luck with all this......

peace, love, healing, growth(not parasitic or bacterial or fungal though), :)

mmt

Have you considered "sweats" as a means of detox........saunas and such.........or what does your naturopath think of doing something like that to ?detox from systemic candida overgrowth?  The moist heat may not be so good though......I believe candida thrives in dark, warm places.

I also wonder if you are reacting to some of the naturopaths suggestions as far as supplements you are taking?

I sure hope you can get on back out of the house soon and your skin clears........sending that cosmic virtual healing..........good thoughts!

Solutions for Candida and other Fungal Infections

hi hope this can be of help

Thank you MMT and Powerback, will respond properly later.

ND thinks my skin issues are emotional as in my upper body and face only.

Just applied pure Aloe Vera gel (even cooler from the fridge), and my skin liked it for 5 secs, then became super itchy as the gel seemed to tighten over it.

Have tried everything topical out there....give up.

Now my face feels more blown up and inflamed :0(

hey Chicken,

I had just caught your Candida posts out of the corner of my eye on the forums page.  I have had candida terribly for years now.  It started when i was 18 and developed seboerric dermatitis and got much worse after I reinstated Zoloft and zyprexa in 2006.  I also began taking prevacid in 2006 which may have had something to do with it.    in 2006, i  became super fatigued all the time and developed bad breath and my body started to reek no matter how much i washed.  I didn't get eczema, but my whole groin started smelling like old moldy gym socks.  The smell was horrendous.   It was so bad and my dr wouldn't do anything for me except prescribe topical creams which did nothing.  I even wrote a poem about it. 

Man develops yeast infection

Is not adverse to being perverse

Says, "My cock smells

Like a moldy gym sock." 

I am still in full wd 3 years after quitting the meds cold turkey and have been having horrible problems with sleep.  I even started drinking beer again last summer as a way of knocking off and getting sleep.  Once I started drinking (only 2 or 3 pints of beer a night), I started developing horrendous fecal breath.  it was so bad and frustrating, it smelt like i had gargled with one of my own turds.  I started becoming constipated all the time and my stomach began bloating to the point of being distended.   it got me   doing internet searches (again the dr's. i would see wouldn't do anything, but would recommend i see a dentist even though i brush, floss, and gargle pretty regularly. ) and i started reading about intestinal parasites- pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, etc. 

Anyways, i bought some wormwood online (Kroeger's capsules) a few weeks back and finally gave it a try last week and 3 hrs after taking it, i had probably a weeks worth of bowel movements in like 2 hours.  Hopefully this isn't too graphic, but i had worms come out (they look liked 2 inch long pieces of angel hair pasta), then a backlog of weeks of dehydrated apple chunks from the instant oatmeal i eat for breakfast (appearantly they don't digest) and then later rice shaped worm larva.  it greatly cleared up my breath issues and my skin around my eyebrows/forehead and my bloating has been reduced as well.  i don't know if parasites may be causing your eczema, but it is one of those things, about like the effects of wd, that the dr's seem to disregard.  Parasite infestation can only happen in 3rd world countries, is the common misperception or bias among our doctors   i have read some other stories online of people clearing up issues with rashes after doing these parasite cleanses so it may be something to think about.  About wormwood (besides being an anti parasitical herb it also fights yeast) , it can adversely affect the kidneys so you have to be careful.  i started developing all day dull headaches 3 days into taking the pills (similar to what many folks go through in a yeast cleanse) , so i stopped (Between how lousy i usually feel in wd and all day headaches, it was just too much).

poetjester

Hi PJ,

So my ND suggested doing the "other" test today to get checked out for parasites. So will order the tests tomorrow and send the samples off to the lab.

Will keep you posted as to the results.

My skin has erupted even more this evening just when I thought it had calmed down. ND thinks it's emotional rather than allergic reaction to food or even toxins from die-off.

TC,

JC

Solutions for Candida and other Fungal Infections

hi hope this can be of help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekLKcVfgBb8

Thank you Powerback, wow, that MD giving the talk was great, lol!

Miffed, because I wrecked 4L worth of Saucraut....it was too salty and then got moldy so had to be thrown away :0(

Certainly feel more informed and a bit less scared.

Best,

JC

Will be ordering the Dysbiosis profile tests (urine and stool) from a company called "GDX.net".

Its a relief to be getting somewhere with the investigations as standard MD urine dip tests don't tell you anything and they certainly won't offer stool tests.

My skin is as bad as its ever been......extremely itchy and flakey, and I'm back to using steroid cream treatment again.  ND has advised getting wild salmon oil supplements so will comply as I'm going out of my mind.

Finished the "liquid" 3 day section of the Detox, and now 5 days of solids.  Then complete!  Next stage is the 6 week "Gut cleanse".

ND confirms compromised immune and digestive system, hence skin reactions to food.

Watch this space, HAVE to try to keep a positive attitude but struggling, really am.

PJ,

Saw your update on the FB SA members only site.

I wondered if there was more investigation that could be done to help you get rid of the parasites. Do you know how you got them? Was it through diet or travel?

In all honesty, I don't know how long it's supposed to take (with anti-parasite meds) to get rid of them.

Don't get why you're not being offered more support with this.

TC,

JC

Finish the detox in 2 days.

Test kit arrived this morning...gotta scoop my poop for 3 consecutive days - yup!

Can't wait, can I do this drunk?!

I finish my detox today :)

That was 14 hard days, however, I'm now used to the diet change and am getting to like it.

Also, I have to wait 14 days for the anti-fungal to leave my system before I can do the stool test - this involves 3 days of sample collection, so have that scheduled for end of next week.......don't relish the prospect of having to do it, in fact, I'm dreading it.

THEN I start the 6 week gut cleanse......got to discuss details with my ND.

Currently steady at a total of 8Ibs of weight loss, hopefully this will continue to drop as I move into the gut cleanse phase.

On another note:

Some wise words from my hubby last night.

He reckons every time I go and get the dip test for suspected Cystitis/UTI.....its always negative.

Therefore, its very likely that I'm mistaking IBS symptoms for bladder/UTI symptoms.  The IBS always hits me in the same area of my body - lower abdomen every time I get stressed.  Also, the timing is spot on in that when the eczema stopped with steroid treatment; the lower abdominal pain started on cue.

This leads to unnecessary AB treatment....not that I always took them each time there was an "episode".

Hubby said, "you need to accept and just go with it rather than fight it".

Now, how many times have I heard that advice on SA?!

Got to watch out with these "Niacin flushes". 

My skin gets burning hot which makes me itch, and that makes me panic and back comes the eczema.

Am OD'ing on, eerr Niacin.  Silly me.

Weight loss is gradual but going in the right direction.  8Ibs so far, although its teetering at 9Ibs - hey ho.

On Sunday I start the "biological testing" for a 3 day period.

THEN the 6 week "Gut Cleanse" starts, with the aim of ridding my body of die-off "bad" bacteria/fungal toxins.

Its a LONG slog to get healthy again, but worth it.

Candida is kind of complex as far as keeping it gone. its not super hard to get a bunch of it out. 

ive used acetyl cytseine (NAC) in the back door using an oral syringe and get candida out just about every time i do. sometimes a lot

ive also heard of people having good luck with kefir and yogurt enemas for candida. kefir is better IMO and not super difficult to make either milk or water kefir yourself. i wouldn't go crazy with the enemas but a couple here and there should be fine. some people seem to overdo them IMO. either way some form of probiotics should help but im kind of not impressed with the pills. one they are overpriced and two i don't ever notice a huge difference with them. I can get a container of yogurt for just over a dollar and i get decent results with three or four tablespoon once or twice a day. I use axelrod brand and i get results with it. sauerkraut and fermented vegetables are other options. i kind of feel like most of the pills just get destroyed once the stomach acid dissolves the capsule but idk. 

candida can sometimes feed on heavy metals so something to be aware of. personally, im tired of feeling bad and had some health issues on top of the medication issues so im covering my bases but put the detox on hold until i get the mercury out of my mouth. im basically doing a parasite cleanse from a guy named the barefoot herbalist. i use the p/w/a and the pwa tincture. its supposed to be a good brand and ive expelled some things and mucus and looks like plenty of eggs but no huge worms (yet). you might want to supplement that with a good GREEN black walnut hull tincture or essential oils if you know you have a parasite issue. theres a few on amazon that are pretty good. and then going to do a heavy metal cleanse.

some of this stuff isn't cheap but its worth the money to me bc ive noticed a difference with what i have done.  its not terribly expensive either but the binder is over a hundred dollars for the metal cleansing but much more effective than clay or chlorella. typically you would want to do metal cleansing under supervision bc you can make yourself worse if you mess it up. 

MSM might help you too and cleansing for gallstones and that kind of thing might help. i can get you information on metal cleansing and supplements for that if you are interested. I think decreasing your toxic load by killing parasites and metals should give your immune system a good chance to get things under control. i was dealing with EBV and CFS and am getting a lot of energy back and feeling somewhat healthy for being brain damaged. 

glutathione is key too. making your own liposomes or the using the exit is going to be the cheapest and most effective. some people have good luck using it with a nebulizer. you can use mag oil in a nebulizer too and things like vitamin C, essential oils, etc. 

aloe vera is a great suggestion. i would take large segments fresh if i could get it. I found an oil that works really well as an alternative. 

Candida is kind of complex as far as keeping it gone. its not super hard to get a bunch of it out. 

ive used acetyl cytseine (NAC) in the back door using an oral syringe and get candida out just about every time i do. sometimes a lot

ive also heard of people having good luck with kefir and yogurt enemas for candida. kefir is better IMO and not super difficult to make either milk or water kefir yourself. i wouldn't go crazy with the enemas but a couple here and there should be fine. some people seem to overdo them IMO. either way some form of probiotics should help but im kind of not impressed with the pills. one they are overpriced and two i don't ever notice a huge difference with them. I can get a container of yogurt for just over a dollar and i get decent results with three or four tablespoon once or twice a day. I use axelrod brand and i get results with it. sauerkraut and fermented vegetables are other options. i kind of feel like most of the pills just get destroyed once the stomach acid dissolves the capsule but idk. 

candida can sometimes feed on heavy metals so something to be aware of. personally, im tired of feeling bad and had some health issues on top of the medication issues so im covering my bases but put the detox on hold until i get the mercury out of my mouth. im basically doing a parasite cleanse from a guy named the barefoot herbalist. i use the p/w/a and the pwa tincture. its supposed to be a good brand and ive expelled some things and mucus and looks like plenty of eggs but no huge worms (yet). you might want to supplement that with a good GREEN black walnut hull tincture or essential oils if you know you have a parasite issue. theres a few on amazon that are pretty good. and then going to do a heavy metal cleanse.

some of this stuff isn't cheap but its worth the money to me bc ive noticed a difference with what i have done.  its not terribly expensive either but the binder is over a hundred dollars for the metal cleansing but much more effective than clay or chlorella. typically you would want to do metal cleansing under supervision bc you can make yourself worse if you mess it up. 

MSM might help you too and cleansing for gallstones and that kind of thing might help. i can get you information on metal cleansing and supplements for that if you are interested. I think decreasing your toxic load by killing parasites and metals should give your immune system a good chance to get things under control. i was dealing with EBV and CFS and am getting a lot of energy back and feeling somewhat healthy for being brain damaged. 

glutathione is key too. making your own liposomes or the using the exit is going to be the cheapest and most effective. some people have good luck using it with a nebulizer. you can use mag oil in a nebulizer too and things like vitamin C, essential oils, etc. 

aloe vera is a great suggestion. i would take large segments fresh if i could get it. I found an oil that works really well as an alternative. 

Thanks WW, some great suggestions.

I'm also taking NAC and have to take it upon waking and going to sleep.  Its effective at getting rid of phlegm and mucus.  Some more info for those who didn't know:

NAC replenishes levels of the intracellular antioxidant glutathione (GSH), which is often deficient with advancing age and in chronic illness.

• NAC also regulates expression of scores of genes in the pathways that link oxidative stress to inflammation.
  • These dual effects give NAC a unique role in the prevention and treatment of many common diseases, both acute and chronic.
  • NAC can protect against avian influenza and more common seasonal flu symptoms.
  • NAC reduces the frequency and duration of attacks of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and may slow the clinical course of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
  • NAC protects tissues from the effects of exercise-induced oxidative stress, adding value and safety to your workout.
  • NAC improves insulin sensitivity in people with some of the most difficult-to-treat metabolic disorders.
  • NAC blocks cancer development at virtually every step in the process, and through multiple mechanisms, making it an important cancer chemopreventive agent.
  • NAC fights the stomach infection Helicobacter pylori on two fronts, inhibiting the organism’s growth while reducing production of inflammatory cytokines that can lead to gastritis and cancer.

Apparently the 6 week Gut cleanse will be heavy in probiotics - we'll see.

Hey chicken, I just read about your eczema and candida issues. I NEVER had bad skin and a couple of month after I was off Paxil completely I broke out in Pompholyx Eczema on my toes and feet, psoriasis, which is unusual for someone my age to get for the first time at 46 and something called geographic tongue. It seems they are all related. The only thing I have left is some psoriasis (minor) on my toenails. I have read that all of these things may be linked to candida. It's amazing the amounts of insults these meds can do tou our bodies.

By way of an update:

OK, so I saw the ND yesterday.

She said that my CNS was so sensitive, that some of the supplements that I was taking were just too much for it, and it was reacting with autoimmune response - rashes and eczema.  The skin was so sensitised that coconut oil, bentonite clay, aloe vera were also too much for it causing it to react further.

Another important point she made was that though unpleasant, its better that the toxins are all coming out onto the skin rather than other internal organs......

She has advised only using filtered water on it as well as my emollient.

The move back to the UK last year set the bomb off in my body....hence the Candida overgrowth and chronic illness that followed with that.

I have stopped taking the "AdrenoMax" as just too strong at the moment.

Have stopped seeing Homeopathy person as too expensive and wasn't really helping, I think my ND communicates better and provides comprehensive reports after each consultation.

She has said how important it is that I resume mindfulness meditation and CBT, and to be able to look at myself in the mirror because of how I feel about myself (obviously ****).  Exercising VERY important too.  MUST STOP TRYING TO FIGHT this and achieve ACCEPTANCE.

All of my body stats/measurements have reduced except for muscle mass (which is really good).

Got to keep this up.

Hi Jungle,

Interesting....... sure doesn't sound like much fun.  I'm glad AliG mentioned the Aloe Vera to you, as well as the Coconut oil(although I did read through and see that isn't good at the moment).  I'll attest to the aloe vera gel though.......I got a sunburn yesterday and it worked great.

Are you stopping the ?massive adrenal support program now that your labwork is done and thyroid is normal? ........at least as far as the labwork shows.........

Do you think some of it/rash might be due to the antibiotics you took.......at least I'm thinking you had taken some for something???  And the steroid creams?  Can they be causative for candida overgrowth in a sensitive Lexapro withdrawal system?

Yay on the mint soak and teas like chamomille on your skin.......I am a big tea fan.

Good luck with all this......

peace, love, healing, growth(not parasitic or bacterial or fungal though), :)

mmt

Have you considered "sweats" as a means of detox........saunas and such.........or what does your naturopath think of doing something like that to ?detox from systemic candida overgrowth?  The moist heat may not be so good though......I believe candida thrives in dark, warm places.

I also wonder if you are reacting to some of the naturopaths suggestions as far as supplements you are taking?

I sure hope you can get on back out of the house soon and your skin clears........sending that cosmic virtual healing..........good thoughts!

Hi MMT,

Sorry for replying so late and thank you for your comments :0)

My skin is just waaaaay to reactive at the moment to take anything other than medical emollient, which I also shower and wash my face with.

Basically, I'm in an auto-immune situation here, and so supplements that are too strong or foods that don't agree set it off to the point I'll get rashes and wider spread eczema.

Although my bloodwork came back "A-OK", which means I don't have "Systemic Candida", (the dangerous kind); the "biological" sampling (stool test) will determine any parasitology, gut inflammation, or autoimmune diseases I could have.

Until I get the results back from this, I won't know how to proceed i.e. 6 week gut cleanse to get rid of the Candida or medication.

No, I wasn't taking ABs over here, but took a fair few in India (Q1 2010) for stomach issues.  Steroid creams are not an issue in as far as exacerbating the Candida goes (as is the case with oral steroids and ABs)......they push the eczema/dermatitis back into the body, which keeps it at bay (temporarily), only for it to return with a vengeance.

Funnily enough, I experienced a sweat lodge in Southern Alberta (Canada) some years ago, the sweet grass was sizzling away on the hot stones which gave off this lovely aroma.......magical experience but much too hot for me.  We had a dip in a nearby river afterwards as it was the height of the summer.

Anyway, will keep you guys posted with developments.........

JC

No problem.......I'm weaning on posting but just pop in and out and read and sometimes like to comment on those I am a bit more familiar with.  Or not......lol......this place be like home.......what can I say?

I use the sweats for healing and spiritual growth and it's been great for me........I love, love the sweet grass and sage.

Seems when I had concerns about the Candida stuff.....the basic yeast infection not systemic........the kefir really helped......I still do a bit of kefir now and then just to alkalize(or does it acidify??  long day today and I am tired) I guess.  It's pretty cheap really and is great in the morning.   I thought about making my own too.  Maybe it's a commonality in Lexapro withdrawal for some......the Candida overgrowth for a time.

Yah.......healing developments coming soon from the Jungle I hope......

Best and all the love and light of Easter for you too,

manymoretodays

Thank God!

Biological samples get couriered to lab today.......

That was 3 days of HELL!!!!

Should find out the results 1-2 weeks from today.

In the meantime my hair keeps coming out in chunks :( Also, my skin is REALLY bad :(

The ND has suggested a couple of creams to try so I'm praying that they will work.......completely out of ideas :(

Have been detoxing for a month now......weight has dropped by 10Ibs which is good, so 1-2Ibs weight loss per week.

Got to wait for my Genova lab results to come back to determine what will happen next, i.e. 6 week Gut Cleanse?

My therapist has given me a relaxation CD to help bring down my stress levels, in addition to exercising.

Have had to take anti-histhamine :( 

Skin is just too raw and itchy.

I have found a good article on "Leaky Gut" syndrome. 

In a week's time I will find out the level of inflammation in my gut and whether this is something I am suffering from (I strongly suspect I am) given the nasty skin flare-ups I have been experiencing for over a year:

Leaky gut syndrome is a condition also referred to as increased intestinal permeability where the “net” in your digestive tract gets damaged which allows proteins (like gluten), bad bacteria, and undigested particles to pass into your blood stream.

These particles cause systemic inflammation and an immune reaction over time.

The leaky gut disorder begins in a very important organ your small intestine. The small intestine is vitally important because the majority of the vitamins and minerals in the foods you eat are absorbed there.

In order for these nutrients to be absorbed, the small intestine contains very small openings so the nutrients can be transferred into the bloodstream. Once transferred, the nutrients are then shuttled and deposited all around the body by the blood.

The wall of the intestine is considered a semi-permeable. This means the pores (junctions) only allow certain things to enter the bloodstream and block other things from entering the bloodstream.

For instance, specific molecules and nutrients are allowed to pass through but toxins and large undigested food particles are blocked.

With leaky gut, your pores can continue to widen (like getting a larger hole torn in your net).  And as this happens, the undigested foods particles that are supposed to be kept out pass through into your bloodstream and then circulate throughout the body.  This causes systemic inflammation and leads to an immune reaction.

Often times then your body will begin to recognize certain foods as toxic and will facilitate an immune reaction whenever you eat the food.  If this problem continues, leaky gut can then progress to autoimmune disease.

Some of the initial symptoms of leaky gut can include food allergies, skin issues like acne and eczema, digestive issues like bloating, gas and IBS.

In order to repair leaky gut you must make specific diet changes and look to leaky gut syndrome natural cures.

Leaky Gut Diet Food List

Here is a list of foods on the leaky gut diet. These foods support healing because they are easy to digest and can help repair the lining of the intestines.

Bone brothBone broth (made from scratch) provides important amino acids and minerals including proline, glycine and potassium that can help heal leaky gut and improve mineral deficiencies.

Raw cultured dairyProbiotic rich foods like kefir, amasai and yogurt can help heal the gut by destroying bad bacteria like candida.

Fermented vegetables – Try to add fermented foods such as coconut kefir, kvass, sauerkraut or kimchi.  These fermented foods contain probiotics essential in helping repair a leaky gut that work by balancing the pH in the stomach and small intestines.

Steamed vegetables – Non-starchy vegetables that are cooked or steamed are easy to digest and are an essential part of the leaky gut diet.

Healthy fats – Consuming healthy fats in moderation like egg yolks, salmon, avocados, ghee and coconut oil are easy on the gut and promote healing.

Fruit – Consuming 1-2 servings of fruit daily is good on a leaky gut diet.  You can steam apples and pears to make homemade apple sauce or fruit sauce. Fruit is best consumed in the morning and not later on in the day and keep fruit intake in moderation.

Foods that Cause Leaky Gut

Here are the biggest foods that cause a leaky gut by creating intestinal inflammation and candida:

Gluten – A gluten free diet can help improve the symptoms of leaky gut. Gluten is the sticky protein found in most grain products including wheat and is difficult to digest unless it’s been brought through a sourdough or sprouting process. On the leaky gut diet you will want to avoid all foods that contain gluten and wheat products.

Cows Dairy – The protein in cows dairy, called A1 casein, can trigger a similar reaction as gluten and therefore should be avoided. In fact, A1 casein may be 26x more inflammatory than gluten!

Sugar – Feeds yeast and bad bacteria that can damage the intestinal wall creating a leaky gut. If you are going to use a sweetener raw local honey is your best option but even that should be consumed in moderation at 1 tbsp daily.

Unsprouted Grains – Grains and soy when unsprouted and unfermented contain phytic acid which can irritate the intestines causing leaky gut.

GMO – Genetically modified organisms contain herbicides and pesticides that damage the gut lining. Studies out of the Journal of Environmental Sciences have found GMO foods destroy the probiotics in your gut and cause organ inflammation.

Top 5 Leaky Gut Treatment and Supplements

In following a leaky gut treatment plan you will want to take specific supplements to support digestion as well as protect the gut lining from further damage. Here are the most important leaky gut supplements you should consider taking:

#1 Probiotics (50-100 billion units daily)
Probiotics can help re-colonize the gut with healthy bacteria.

#2 L-glutamine powder (5 grams 2x daily)
Glutamine is an amino acid that helps repair the digestive tract, especially important for people with chronic diarrhea.

#3 Digestive Enzymes (2 before each meal)
These enzymes will improve nutrient absorption and help break down food particles.

#4 Aloe Vera Juice (1/2 cup 3x daily)
Aloe is healing to the digestive system.

#5 Fish oil (1000 mg daily)
Fish oil contains the essential fatty acids EPA/DHA which reduce inflammation.

Essential Oils for Leaky Gut Syndrome

Essential oils of ginger and peppermint can soothe intestinal inflammation and support the healing of leaky gut. Take 2 drops of of each oil internally in a glass of water.  Also mix 3 drops of oils with coconut oil and rub over abdomen 2x daily.

Got raging cystitis :0(

The gift of Candida that keeps on giving.

Waiting for the doc to call me back re: AB prescription.

Unfortunately this is going to give the Candida the edge again in my gut for a long time :0(

Dont want to speak too soon, but woke up this morning to NO lower abdominal pain AND a NEW rash on my face.  This could suggest the toxins from my bladder have once again been re-directed by my liver to my face.

My poor face and upper body gets hit with all these toxins which is why I look like a freak all the time.  However, it means that my liver is congested which isn't good.

Weight continuing to drop gradually, so another half Ib gone when I stepped on the scales.

Trudge, trudge, trudge.

If the urine sample results come back today, they'll be out of date......the ship has already sailed.

Hey chicken, I just read about your eczema and candida issues. I NEVER had bad skin and a couple of month after I was off Paxil completely I broke out in Pompholyx Eczema on my toes and feet, psoriasis, which is unusual for someone my age to get for the first time at 46 and something called geographic tongue. It seems they are all related. The only thing I have left is some psoriasis (minor) on my toenails. I have read that all of these things may be linked to candida. It's amazing the amounts of insults these meds can do tou our bodies.

Hi DLB,

Sorry for not responding to your post. Realised I missed it by mistake.

Many skin issues, it would seem, are related to Candida on some level. It depends how widespread it is in your body.

I've had Candida related issues with my feet for years. Ughh! If only I had known, I would have done this detox years ago......

Not wanting to scare people, but there seems to be a high proportion of Candida type symptoms showing up on SA. Not difficult to figure out why.

Stress, anxiety and depression leading to lowered immune system, poor diet choices (speaking from experience here), which gives Candida the ideal environment to take hold.

We then can't understand why we're getting so sick, with yet another ailment and endless trips to the doctor.

I think Candida is the culprit here.

Dont want to speak too soon, but woke up this morning to NO lower abdominal pain AND a NEW rash on my face.  This could suggest the toxins from my bladder have once again been re-directed by my liver to my face.

My poor face and upper body gets hit with all these toxins which is why I look like a freak all the time.  However, it means that my liver is congested which isn't good.

Weight continuing to drop gradually, so another half Ib gone when I stepped on the scales.

Trudge, trudge, trudge.

If the urine sample results come back today, they'll be out of date......the ship has already sailed.

For the record I think that last uber painful bout of cystitis was actually a "healing crisis" brought on by the detox, which I'm still doing until my stool sample analysis results come back next week.

My body is "re-tracing" all prior illnesses throughout my life in a bid to rid itself of all the accumulated toxic build-up from prescription medication etc.,

I'm fairly certain that my disease profile falls into the "chronic" state given the Candida overgrowth in my body and resultant inflammation (permanent skin rashes, eczema, acne etc.,).

There is a LOT of pain involved with going through a detox.

However, I'm starting to understand my body better now, and am less scared of the rashes and aches and pains etc., it sends out. During my worst mental state last year I was terrified of what my body was doing in response to stress. Terrified of being in my own skin I guess.

I have a new found respect for the human body and how amazing it really is!