Nutrition To Help Peoples Brains Going Through Withdrawal

fema4psychiatrists

Food nutrition that keeps your mind calm. Don't touch drugs! Add medium amount of Long grain carbs. 

#nosugar

#antimentalhealth #antipsychiatry #antisocialandmentalhygeinemovement#youcandoit #youarestrong #youareright #yoursoulknowsbest

Water, Pot. Knife, Board:

local tesco express: Brown Onions, Leeks, Garlic, Asparagus, Courgettes, Tomatoes On the Vine, Org. Carrots, Kale, Green Beans, Org. Spinach, Spring Onions,Fresh Podded Peas From Poor Bankrupt Guatemala and parsnips.

stew2.jpg

Beware of any processed sugar during withdrawal

Good Luck!

PS: It looks horrible but it actually tastes good due to the garlic and spring onion juices!

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

fema4psychiatrists,

What has your experience been with this and similar recipes? Have you noticed improvement in symptoms?

I have eaten like this full-time since at least 2012. It has improved my life and my husband's. But I can't tell if it helps my withdrawal symptoms, since I was on it before I had most of them. I didn't have any severe physical health problems before going on the diet either, so I also can't tell about that.

1990-2016   Prozac, 30 mg. Tapered over 4 years, now down to 20 mg per WEEK.

Nov. 2016, tapering Prozac until completely off (soon, I hope).

March 2015 through Oct. 2016   Xanax 0.25 mg 3x daily.

Nov. 2016   Xanax: Completely off.

1-2 days after going off Xanax, severe muscle pain. Continues.

• 4 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I just listened to the first part of a program on "Mad in America" where Julia Rucklidge talks about the importance of good nutrition in mental health/nervous system health.    Because of modern farming practices our foods, in general, are not as nutritious as they used to be.  Crops are grown fast, many foods are hybridized for long shelf life and easy transportability, and many soils are depleted of nutrients.  

Here are some healthy foods to focus on for optimal brain health:  

• fresh fruits and vegetables - various colors indicate various phytonutrients 
  • grass fed meats
  • fish
  • legumes - great source of protein, plus vitamins and minerals and fiber
  • nuts and seeds
  • whole grains
  • avocados are a power house of nutrients and healthy fats

Try to minimize processed foods.  Shop the store perimeters, since the aisles contain mostly processed foods, in which much nutrition is lost.  Processed foods often contain chemicals and additives, which can trigger a sensitive nervous system.  Eat a wide variety of foods in order to get all your nutrients.  One half of your plate should be fruits/vegetables, 1/4 protein, and 1/4 complex carbohydrate.  Aim to eat 5 - 9 servings of vegetables and fruits per day, especially vegetables.  Reduce or eliminate sugary foods, and sugary drinks.  Eat produce that is in season in your area.  

Move away from dependence on the RDA concept (recommended daily allowance).  RDA was based on men going to war in the 1940's.  It was designed with the idea of making people physically healthy (muscles, bones, heart) and did not take brain health into account.  RDA has not changed much since the 1940's, in spite of evolving science about nutrition.  

Some people are more vulnerable to depletion in foods due to genetics.  

Here is a link to the program:  

Mad in America: Nutrition and Mental Health

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy