SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

New campaign group Prescribed Harm UK.

Vanora

"Prescribed Harm UK" or "PHUK" for short is a FB campaign group.

"This group aims to get as many MPS as possible engaged with our cause of getting a national helpline for those affected by prescribed drug dependence."

We send letters to MPs (Members of Parliament) and ask that they support the work of the APPG (All Party Parliamentary Group) on PDD (Prescribed Drug Dependency) in setting up a national helpline. We also involve ourselves in trying to get our stories heard through the media.

Our members have been harmed by the usual psychoactive drugs like antidepressants, benzodiazepines, sleeping tablets etc.

Please feel free to join us, we are mostly from the UK but members are from all parts of the world.

1979 put on Clomipramine.
Failed attempt to withdraw from Clomipramine started on Seroxat 1992.
1997 Effexor replaces Seroxat after failed withdrawal.
2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.
Anxiety at times very severe. 19th May take my first half of a 5mg Lamictal.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

I forgot to add this is a closed group so you will have to ask permission to join but we need as many people as possible particularly from the UK.

2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

I am from the uk and would be very interested in joining this group ,

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

Very happy to have you Terry. Find us on FB and you can join us in our campaign.

I have an update. The Council for Evidence-based Psychiatry (CEPUK) has posted an article on the 28th of March, 2017 entitled: "MPs and peers present case for national prescribed drug helpline to Public Health England".

http://cepuk.org/2017/03/28/mps-peers-present-case-national-prescribed-drug-helpline-public-health-england/

Of course the government hasn't agreed to such a helpline but it does appear that prescription drug dependence is finally moving up the agenda.

"APPG for Prescription Drug Dependence publishes proposal for national helpline"

http://cepuk.org/2017/03/28/apg-prescribed-drug-dependence-publishes--proposal-national-helpline/

both the conservative MPs I spent considerable effort writing detailed, family destroying letters and a copy of the BMA's version of this. Did not get involved in this parliementary commision despite the millions that die, are enslaved and become disabled off the job market contributors. I feel like complaining to them in some way to be honest...

They really have no morals.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

fema4psychiatrists,

Yes, I agree their morals are sadly lacking. The politicians who may be very well aware of the suffering we endure but don't care, the psychiatrists/doctors who are either ignorant or in many cases not so ignorant but willing to collude for their own selfish reasons, monetary or otherwise, with big pharma -  it's all rotten. I have written my own letters to MPs and so far not much has happened but they can't ignore us forever. One day I have a letter to write to a psychiatrist.

I notice you have an experience of psychiatric drugs going way back. I'm sorry you haven't walked away unscathed. It's a terrible injustice. I hope you do complain, if enough of us complain perhaps we can put a stop to this massive medical scandal. Too many ruined lives, too many lives lost, it's got to stop.

We are asking people to contact their MP to ask that they write to Dr Sarah Wollastan MP, Chair of the Health Select Committee to support a future inquiry into UK Prescribed Drug Dependency. In an inquiry patients would be invited to give oral and written evidence to the Committee. We want accountability once and for all.