Distraut

OCD pills could be a weapon in the war on obesity: Common antidepressant could help people with compulsive eating habits choose healthy food

4 posts in this topic

Now they suggest treating eating disorders with Citalopram!!

OCD pills could be a weapon in the war on obesity: Common antidepressant could help people with compulsive eating habits choose healthy food

A common antidepressant could be used to help people with compulsive eating habits choose healthy food instead of fatty snacks, scientist have claimed.

In a series of trials researchers found that when people took citalopram, prescribed for depression and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), they were more likely to pick healthy food such as fruit over chocolate biscuits.

Ivo Vlaev, professor of behavioural science at Warwick Business School, who led the study, said the discovery could help in tackling the obesity crisis.

I dont know what to say ...this is the biggest piece of BS i've read so far this year and not to mention the most dangerous.

Why only last week a friend attended the funeral of someone trying to get off citalopram. This drug will so alter the mind that forget unhealthy or healthy eating choices it will push you to choose death over life....and thats a lot more irreversible than eating a few too many McDonalds happy meals.

Just when i thought there was an increasing voice against these chemicals, this nonsense comes out.

I noticed in the  commercial for the new weight loss drug Contrave, it contains Wellbutrin!

where will it end?

Well that drug is a no no same as most of the posion pills my ocd just rocket to another planet when i was handed that citalopram by doctors. I been saying this to myself since my torture started only if i was giving information about mindfulness and CBT without the AD i wouldn't be living in hell at this moment in time. I can't practice meditation because my symptoms have me crawling the walls my mind won't give me a few seconds to think for myself it's on a horrible auto show. It's true why didn't I say no to drugs. It will be haunting me for the rest of my days. Sorry about that little rant but drugs for ocd for me didn't work.