Teacher talked out of suicide by year 11 student censured for their inappropriate relationship. 6 April NZ

nz11

Scratch the surface of many news stories and one find these drugs

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/91255645/Teacher-talked-out-of-suicide-by-year-11-student-censured-for-their-inappropriate-relationship

A teacher at a North Island secondary school has been censured for serious misconduct after she "crossed a boundary" with a male student whom she confided to about feeling suicidal. 

The woman, who has permanent name suppression, came before the Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal for failing to maintain professional boundaries with a student in her year 11 history class.

...(...)...

Her GP told the tribunal that she presented with an "exacerbation of PTSD, anxiety and depression".

She had started treatment for PTSD in January and had been prescribed two types of anti-depressants, as well as sleeping pills, before changing medications in May. 

She described often feeling detached from what was going on around her, and said there was a period of three months where she did not sleep for more than four hours each night.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Exactly ,since my own journey and understanding ,i now read into every story and find what drugs are involved.

The problem is any negative actions by someone on drugs is perceived as a character or personality flaw ,but totally neglect it's the drugs that change the personality and brain of the person.

I really don't want to be negative but as the wider world neglect and ignore how dangerous these drugs are what hope is there.

My belief and hope for change resides in this great site and people on it and taking power back for there journey ahead and away from the ignorent doctors

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11832941

It was interesting a followup to this story appeared in the NZHerald on the 7th April 2017 , 4 days later and here is a very revealing quote taken from the teachers disciplinary tribunal (not known for their medical knowledge i would think)....

"She described suicidal ideation that we accept is a well-documented potential side-effect of antidepressants," the tribunal said.

How is it that the teachers tribunal can acknowledge this but the medical profession refuse to acknowledge inform of it warn of it or accept this ?

Anyway so glad this teacher didnt lose her job.

I wonder what the 2 antidepressants were......? remeron and venlafaxine?

These drugs just totally mess you up psychologically and emotionally seen by pushing you  to talk to anyone and everyone about past or present failings, shortfalls or regrets...neuro emotions are running rampant with an overwhelming drug induced desire to die attached to it.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11832941

It was interesting a followup to this story appeared in the NZHerald on the 7th April 2017 , 4 days later and here is a very revealing quote taken from the teachers disciplinary tribunal (not known for their medical knowledge i would think)....

"She described suicidal ideation that we accept is a well-documented potential side-effect of antidepressants," the tribunal said.

How is it that the teachers tribunal can acknowledge this but the medical profession refuse to acknowledge inform of it warn of it or accept this ?

Anyway so glad this teacher didnt lose her job.

I wonder what the 2 antidepressants were......? remeron and venlafaxine?

These drugs just totally mess you up psychologically and emotionally seen by pushing you  to talk to anyone and everyone about past or present failings, shortfalls or regrets...neuro emotions are running rampant with an overwhelming drug induced desire to die attached to it.

Totally agree NZ11 ,its absolute torture at times ,I'm having a terrible time emotionally lately ,its nearly impossible, I can take up a simple joke made towards me as character assassination and I actually feel like I'm dying inside my chest ,I practice mindfulness but it still takes hours to get myself down from the terrible feelings.

Its becoming impossible to interact with society ,I only lasted 16 days of 2 tiny beads out of capsule  and had to reinstate this week .

I make a point of watching comedy to erupt happy feelings and change my emotions ,lately its Seinfeld clips on YouTube.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks for posting powerback....sorry you are going through this...

From your drug sig.

​11/11/2016 Xanax 250mcg took them for few days ,fairly distressing time [working nearly impossible].11/11/2016 I was given a prescription for  Zyprexa 2.5mg AND DECIDED  NOT TO GET IT FROM CHEMIST.[my doctor gave them a great sales pitch ,talking about other patients that have benefited ,in witch it just annoyed me ]

Well done on not taking the zyprexa....wish your doctor would take some for himself ....who knows he might change his views.

Recovering paxil addict

Hi nz11 thanks for the sympathy. I really try to be careful of the self pity trap, but its so hard to cope lately. I literally feel like I'm loosing my mind.[heard that said before here on site]

No offence to any one with autism but that's how I feel lately ,a very strong disconnection from the world around me .my brain feels swollen.

At a different doctor the other day for my constant urination and I use any opportunity to criticise drugs,he said about medication for my urinating and I said about how my life affected by antidepressants and he used the word ,these aren't ADICTIVE ,so I didn't bother talking any further, absolutely clueless.

I will be looking into nutritional therapy  to try solve this nightmare because this kind of suffering with just 2 beads out is horrendous . 

Take care    

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy