zxcv -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)
It's hard to compare the medications. Just because you had a tough time with Effexor doesn't mean that tapering from the other drugs will be the same. Please post about how you tapered off Effexor and when you did that.
How is your health now? What symptoms, if any, do you have?
Many people are given inadequate or bad advice about tapering off these medications. Some doctors think a slow taper takes only a month or two. You may have been the victim of such a "mis-under-educated" doctor when you came off Effexor. We suggest that people taper by decreasing no more than 10% per month. You can read more about that here:Before you begin tapering -- what you need to know
. and,Why taper by 10% of my dosage?
Please do as nz11
suggested and enter all your drugs in to a drug interactions checker.
As someone taking several medications, you may wish to read this topic Taking multiple drugs? Which to taper first
We have specific topics for the medications you've listed:Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)
,Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel)
, andTips for tapering off Wellbutrin XR, SR, XL (bupropion)
nz11 mentioned a drug signature. Here's a detailed request and links to instructions:A request:
Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?
direct link to signature settings page
- Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
- Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
- Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
- Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
- A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
- You can find instructions in this topic: Please put your withdrawal history in signature
- If you are using a phone or mobile device, you need to switch to the "full" or desktop version of the site. Instructions are in Post 9 and Post 10
Thanks for the easy username. At first I thought, "Huh, what?", then I keyed it in. Good thinking!
This is YOUR introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.
I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.
This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results
Cymbalta (brand name), 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 20 mg to 7 mg in 2016, exact doses and dates in this post;
2017: 6.3 (58 beads) Feb. 1; 5.6 mg (52) Feb. 22; 5.4 mg (50) Mar. 15; 5.1 mg (47) Mar. 25; 4.9 mg (45) Apr. 5; 4.5 mg (42) Apr. 14;
Current dose: 3.5 mg (32) 2017-Apr-26
+ Supplements: fish oil (1500 mg EPA/500 mg DHA), Vitamins: D3, K2, C; Minerals: Mg, Se, Cr, I, V
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet