Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zxcv

zxcv: Is there anyway to get off the depresson meds when the main problem is the anxiety?

8 posts in this topic

I've been taking these meds for years. I've been on them mostly for extreme anxiety and depression. What do I need to help with anxiety and depression as I try to get off of them so I can stay off of them. 

Also, how bad is getting off of fluoxetine, trazodone, wellbutrin compared to getting off of Effexor? Getting off of Effexor was pretty hellish.

Welcome zxcv

Its unusual for a newbee to get to page 2 without being welcomed. The moderators are very busy these days.

You might like to do a drug signature.

Many people think they have depression and anxiety when on these drugs for some time when in actual fact its the drugs that are causing this psychologically distressing state. Many people are getting their life back with slow tapering and we are talking slow as in years.

Im sure you can do it too.

You might like to also run all your drugs you are taking through the drugs interaction checker and copy and paste the results in your intro thread they can be very insightful.

welcome

nz11

zxcv -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

It's hard to compare the medications. Just because you had a tough time with Effexor doesn't mean that tapering from the other drugs will be the same. Please post about how you tapered off Effexor and when you did that.

How is your health now? What symptoms, if any, do you have?

Many people are given inadequate or bad advice about tapering off these medications. Some doctors think a slow taper takes only a month or two. You may have been the victim of such a "mis-under-educated" doctor when you came off Effexor. We suggest that people taper by decreasing no more than 10% per month. You can read more about that here:

Before you begin tapering -- what you need to know. and,

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?.

Please do as nz11 suggested and enter all your drugs in to a drug interactions checker.

As someone taking several medications, you may wish to read this topic Taking multiple drugs? Which to taper first.

We have specific topics for the medications you've listed:

Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine),

Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel), and

Tips for tapering off Wellbutrin XR, SR, XL (bupropion).

nz11 mentioned a drug signature. Here's a detailed request and links to instructions:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • You can find instructions in this topic: Please put your withdrawal history in signature
  • If you are using a phone or mobile device, you need to switch to the "full" or desktop version of the site. Instructions are in Post 9 and Post 10
direct link to signature settings page

Thanks for the easy username. At first I thought, "Huh, what?", then I keyed it in. Good thinking!

This is YOUR introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

Posted (edited)

I got off the med [moderator note: wellbutrin] a little more than a month ago. I was on 200 mg a day. I took 50mg less each week till I was down to nothing. It's been a month since I've stopped taking the 150mg dose, and 100mg, and tomorrow it'll be a month since I stopped the 50mg dose. Basically, it takes me about a month see the full effects of trying to go off the meds are. Anyway, I'm just wondering how long the tiredness going to last.

Also, I know it's not the recommended way to get off the med. Though this med added on after I was already stable, and it was just given to me "Temporarily" because I was a little depressed at the time. After the withdrawals of this one, I'll start going a lot slower with theTrazodone and Fluoxetine.

Edited by scallywag
add medication

Posted (edited)

former topic title: How do you deal with parents that don't think you should get off SSRIs.

original post

topic

Edited by scallywag
merged topics and created post content from former topic title

Posted (edited)

former topic title: Which med is causing the extreme tiredness during the day time? The fluoxetine or Trazadone?

original post:

topic

Edited by scallywag
merged topics and created post content from former topic title

zxcv: I've moved several questions from topics you started in the Symptoms forum to your introduction topic so that all your information, questions and answers are in one place.

On 2017-05-23 at 11:14 PM, zxcv said:

Which med is causing the extreme tiredness during the day time? The fluoxetine or Trazadone?

Have you been tracking the times you take fluoxetine and trazodone as well as when the tiredness and other symptoms arise or change?

If yes, please post a few days notes as a reply here in your introduction topic.

If no, please keep notes on paper of your symptoms and the times of your dose(s). This post has a useful format for a daily log:

Take notes of doses and symptoms.

Seeing your log of symptoms will help us answer your question.