SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jamieandlexapro: Introducing myself as I'm trying to survive lexapro :(

Jamieandlexapro

I was on lexapro for 7 years at 10mg decided it was a good time to stop at the start of last year.

I went down to 5mg for 3 months, no withdrawals, the the doctor said I could stop, I decided to go day on day off, then a few days between, I started to feel small amounts of anxiety return aswell as some tiredness.

My doctor said to go back on 10mg, I did, then with in a few weeks I started getting worse, my heart would race I couldn't get out of bed, after 3 weeks the doctor raised it to 20mg i felt so posioned I didn't eat for 2 months straight, I was in bed couldn't even roll over, I kept going to the hospital they kept sending me home, my heart rate was 120-140 I had yellow diarrhea, I had to have people come and help me with my children, i hadn't cuddles them for months.

Then I said 3 months later, January this year, its poisining me. It has to be. Even though by then I was out of bed, I was still in such confusion and pain in the head.. couldn't last out of bed for long and the anxiety was horrible.

I went to 15 for 2 weeks, 10 for a week, then tried Zoloft for a week had allergic reaction although the brain burning feeling had subsided.but couldn't continue with the rash from Zoloft, then back on lexapro 5mg for 2 weeks, and every night I took that pill my brain felt like it was burning, 2 weeks later the doctor gave me Prozac. 5mg for a week, I started getting tingling in my feet and feeling spaced out. One doctor said to up the dose. I did once and felt worse. So I seen another doctor who said maybe your to sensitive now and need to stop medication all together, so here I am, 1 months out from lexapro, and almost 3 weeks out from Prozac.

My eating came back. I eat now, my diarrhea has gone. The brain burning gone. But as the days go by, I'm feeling more and more brain zaps, dizziness, confusion. Migraines. Like this is 24/7 some moments better then others.

I mean is one month long enough to judge, will it only get worse? Does it take more then a month to feel better, I don't know what to expect. I do meditation, I walk every day now. Don't get much sleep as I wake up every few hours but I try lavender to help sleep. I just want to hear one successful story after long term use

Edited by ChessieCat
paragraphs

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

Sep-October alternate days (kindled) anxiety returned

November-march reinstatement (adverse reaction) bed ridden for 5 months.

Stopped April, felt I had no choice, felt poisoned.

27 years old, mummy of 3.

Welcome so so sorry to read of your experience with the doctors.

imo you are not alone this kind of dreadful experience is going on daily to thousands and thousands of lives in the western world.

Can you get hold of the book 'anatomy of an epidemic' by Whitaker it might join some dots for you. Is well worth the read.

You could also maybe checkout Monicas story.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I am so sorry your doctors gave you such conflicting and harmful advice. I was told to stop, told to increase, told that fluoxetine doesn't cause any of the side effects I was describing and so on, it was frustrating! When I stopped Prozac, severe brain zaps and dizziness were there a lot. Now I have reinstated I still have some withdrawal effects that you described: confusion, dizziness, headaches, tingling (paresthesia), but they are much better than before I reinstated. The brain zaps disappeared completely when I reinstated.

Your case requires more thought because of the different drugs you were on but I am sure a moderator will help you figure this out. I just wanted to say that I sympathize and hope you feel a little better knowing there is help here. 

2012: 2 weeks of paroxetine, I cannot recall the dose. Strong side effects, stopped cold turkey, had intense, horrible withdrawal thereafter

2012 to 2016: Fluoxetine 40mg daily, sometimes 20mg daily, a couple of bad tapers under doctor's advisement, increasingly bad withdrawal symptoms with each major dose change

Oct 2016 to June 2017: 10-month reinstatement of 20mg fluoxetine daily to stabilize. A very difficult period but withdrawal gradually improved

July 2017: At 20mg (100%), started a linear tapering regimen using water titration (20mg fluoxetine into 300ml of water).

June 2019: Currently at 0.200mg (1.00%). I have many symptoms, most I attribute to fluoxetine, some to withdrawal, and the rest to hypothyroidism. Continuing to reduce anyway.

July 2019: Jumped from 0.066mg (0.33%) to 0.000mg (0.00%); I'm now free of the poison.

My introduction thread: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/14226-kittygiggles-generic-prozac-fluoxetine-stabilization/

I think I to have this..
I was on lexapro for 7 years and decided to stop over 3 month period then my doctor said my fatigue was from stopping and put me up on 20 mg and I was on the for 3 months, sick in bed couldn't move I couldn't talk I couldn't eat, I would littlerly pee myself, my heart rate was over 130 and the doctors said keep taking your lexapro it's just anxiety. The 1 month ago I said no this is poisoning me my brain is burning every time I take this. And decided to stop. It's been a months and I'm still sick after stopping. But a lot of things have improved, I now eat and walk around the house. My 3 months of diarrhea has cleared up. But I'm feeling brain zaps and dizziness and depersonalisation and all sorts of other things. But I really reckon I was poisoned with neurotoxicity for 3 months. Apparently you don't heal from this? I'm so scared ????

Sorry my memory is bad, I was reinstated for 5 months from November last year until one month ago. I was bed ridden from November until January/feb.

I was on lexapro for 7 years and my doctor told me to take 5mg for 3 months then 5mg 2 times a week and stop, then I started getting anxiety so he put me back on and I continued to get worse every time I complained I was being posined he put the dose up over Xmas I was on 20mg and was bed ridden for 3 months on it, then feb I decided it was definitely poisoning me and went to 5mg for 2 weeks then stopped. I started eating again had not ate in months, my yellow diarrhea that I had for the past 5 months of reinstatement had gone back to normal. Things like that have improved but Ita been 5 weeks off now and since 2 weeks off I've been having zaps dizziness depersonalisation no immune system. I'm jut wondering when the anxiety withdrawals start, from what I'm reading is it's at 3 months? I'm really scared. But I really don't want to go back on cause I felt so poisoned in my reinstatement, I had brain burning all the way from my brain down my neck, vomiting, panic, bed ridden. 5 months and lost 15kg I'm now 40kg and I couldn't even change my sons bum during reinstatement, I stayed on for 5 months because my doctor said it was anxiety not poisining, I disagree ????

Sorry I was on 5mg for the 3 months then started going day on off ect.. then he reinstated me at 5mg everyday, then I got sick then he said 10mg for 2 weeks, got worse, then 15mg he said my anxiety was really bad go up to 20mg, that's where I sat, posined and bed ridden for 5 months. Until I realised it was causing more harm, I knew I was poisoned, no hospital or doctor believed me.

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Jamie,

I'm sorry a moderator hasn't responded in your topic until now.

Thank you for sharing your story, I'm sorry you are having such a rough time since stopping lexapro, but it sounds like some of your symptoms have improved since you stopped trying different drugs and dosages. Once the nervous system becomes sensitized by withdrawal, previously tolerated medications and dosages can often be too much.

It would be great if you would put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature. Doing this helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts. Here are instructions for how to do it:

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

It sounds to me like tapered too fast. We suggest reducing by no more than 10% of the current dose every 4 weeks, this reduces the risk of withdrawal symptoms arising. Please read through this which will explain why:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Reinstatement may have worked if you had tried a lower dose. After being adjusted to 5mg, going back up to 10mg was probably to much for you.

How long have you been off the medications now?

Reinstatement of a small amount of the drug can often work well to alleviate withdrawal symptoms. According to medical knowledge, reinstatement is the only way to alleviate withdrawal. Reinstatement is best done immediately upon appearance of symptoms. The more time that passes, the less likely it is to work. Once you have stabilized on a low dose of the drug, then a slower, safer taper can be started. Here is some information about reinstatement to help you decide if its something you would like to try:  About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

If you would fill in your signature and give us a little more information, we may be able suggest a starting dose, that's if it something you would like to try. Do you have some lexapro left?

Here is our lexapro tapering topic with information about how to taper properly:

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Please read through the information and come back here to your topic with any questions.

When we have a few more details, we will be in a better position to offer support and suggestions.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi Jamie,

So sorry you had such horrible experience with the meds and doctors!

On top of what petunia commented and provided, I want to mention that your body probably now is in tolerance to Lexapro after the reaction you got from updosing! I had first hand experience with the same problems and I know once you have a reaction to the med, it will be very likely you will have a reaction whenever you updose or reinstate, at least that was the case for me, doesn't matter how tiny ( I am talking about samller than 0.1mg) the reinstate amount is.

For this consideration, I would consider a different med to reinstate. I I I you had a bad experience with Zoloft, how bad you felt about Prozac? Prozac is recommended for bridging as a general practice, if you can take it at a very low dose, it will be also easier to taper.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jamie - 

What you describe is unfortunately, so common.  It seems Australian doctors are fond of Lexapro right now, I have 2 friends on it, and I'm terrified that their doctors will do to them what was done to you.  I have one friend who came off 3 months ago, and I'm watching her gritting my teeth hoping she will survive the whiplash.

Here's what I think happened:  You were doing okay on 5 mg.  But you went to an every-other-day dosing, which destabilised and kindled your system:

Every-other day dosing

Limbic Kindling - Hardwiring the Brain for Hypersensitivity

After that, you reacted to every change.  It's classic, really, and quite common (so much so, I've filed your story under "classic Lexapro story").  I'm sorry, but it's true.  And your doctor kept throwing changes at you - not realizing that he was making things worse.

I mean is one month long enough to judge, will it only get worse? Does it take more then a month to feel better, I don't know what to expect. I do meditation, I walk every day now. Don't get much sleep as I wake up every few hours but I try lavender to help sleep. I just want to hear one successful story after long term use

No, one month is not long enough to judge.  This is the fallacy that a lot of people operate under, and when the symptoms kick in 6, 9, 12 months later, people think it's a "relapse," forgetting that they quit a drug a year ago.

7 years is not really long term use.  We have people who have come off after 20 years of use. 

Here's an article about how it works:  Intro to Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome

Cartoons so that you understand what others experience:  Withdrawal Dialogues - cartoons to encourage you

And an excellent 5 minute vid that explains it very well:  Healing from Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery (by Toxic Antidepressants)

You will see that these drugs are not like aspirin.  They change your body, and it takes time to heal the changes.

Because of the intermittent, every other day dosing, and because you are in the "window of opportunity" for reinstatement, I strongly suggest a reinstatement.  Because Lexapro is so strong, it would be better for you to go on a 1 mg reinstatement of Celexa (little sister to Lexapro), rather than a 0.5 mg. reinstatement of Lexapro.  But you are the one who has to decide.

The time to heal will be the same - but the reinstatement will hopefully make it more comfortable.  It is such a tiny amount, hopefully enough to stop your symptoms, but not enough to create side effects like you were having.

Then, when that takes the edge off of your symptoms, you will be able to control how you come down off of that, nice and slow.

Now you asked about Success Stories?

Yes, we have them.  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

There are various stories of recovery here:  http://http://igotbetter.org/videos and here:  http://igotbetter.org/stories

There is an excellent collection of success stories here:  http://cepuk.org/recovery-stories/

Katinka Blackford Newman has written an excellent book about her own story, which addresses the global nature of this problem, called "The Pill That Steals Lives."  I got it from my library.

Also - you might want to visit with other Aussies, here:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6284-australia-members-please-check-in-here/

It's super awesome that you have a number of non-drug techniques.  Regular practice of any technique, whether it is meditation or walking or healing baths - will help shore you up through the difficult times.  And you will learn that:  if you can survive this, you can survive anything.  You will come out of this better than you were before!

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Wow I didn't get any notifications for your replies, so sorry I havnt seen it until now. It's been 6 weeks or so off lexapro, and I still have really bad dizziness and derealisation with some fast heart rate today. A lot of pressure in my head and the back of my head feels like it's prickling and my temples feel like they pulsate and strong jaw pain, really strange. But I also had a flue for 4-5 days which doesn't help on top of things. Then got bit by mozzies on Sunday and got told I was in the zone for ross river fever which is here in Australia. So o guess I'm waiting for that to knock me for one aswell. I want to reinstate but I'm so scared of that poisoned feeling. If I hold out will I get worse at the 3 month point? The anxiety of waiting for the anxiety is like a massive cycle.

From what I've learnt, my doctor tapered me to fast then made it worse by day on and off, then increased my dose to much to fast. I beliveve I was 100% sure I was being poised but no doctor or hospital believes me, even when I say well why am I eating now? When I couldn't even eat a piece of toast. Why has my diarrhea gone away? My vomiting? The burning feeling. A lot of improvements but then again a lot of different un improvements, dizziness disorientation confusing derealization anxiety neck and jaw pain.

It seems like after 7 years on antidepressants, no one ever gets better or they get worse at 3 months off and continues for years. Has anyone ever got better with 6 months. My kids need me ???? I'm so scared with in a few weeks I'm going to be hit with worse withdrawals or massive adrenal/panic attacks.

Sorry for the length of this. Just desperate.

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

Hey Jamie -

What you describe is unfortunately, so common. It seems Australian doctors are fond of Lexapro right now, I have 2 friends on it, and I'm terrified that their doctors will do to them what was done to you. I have one friend who came off 3 months ago, and I'm watching her gritting my teeth hoping she will survive the whiplash.

Here's what I think happened: You were doing okay on 5 mg. But you went to an every-other-day dosing, which destabilised and kindled your system:

Every-other day dosing

Limbic Kindling - Hardwiring the Brain for Hypersensitivity

After that, you reacted to every change. It's classic, really, and quite common (so much so, I've filed your story under "classic Lexapro story"). I'm sorry, but it's true. And your doctor kept throwing changes at you - not realizing that he was making things worse.

No, one month is not long enough to judge. This is the fallacy that a lot of people operate under, and when the symptoms kick in 6, 9, 12 months later, people think it's a "relapse," forgetting that they quit a drug a year ago.

7 years is not really long term use. We have people who have come off after 20 years of use.

Here's an article about how it works: Intro to Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome

Cartoons so that you understand what others experience: Withdrawal Dialogues - cartoons to encourage you

And an excellent 5 minute vid that explains it very well: Healing from Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery (by Toxic Antidepressants)

You will see that these drugs are not like aspirin. They change your body, and it takes time to heal the changes.

Because of the intermittent, every other day dosing, and because you are in the "window of opportunity" for reinstatement, I strongly suggest a reinstatement. Because Lexapro is so strong, it would be better for you to go on a 1 mg reinstatement of Celexa (little sister to Lexapro), rather than a 0.5 mg. reinstatement of Lexapro. But you are the one who has to decide.

The time to heal will be the same - but the reinstatement will hopefully make it more comfortable. It is such a tiny amount, hopefully enough to stop your symptoms, but not enough to create side effects like you were having.

Then, when that takes the edge off of your symptoms, you will be able to control how you come down off of that, nice and slow.

Now you asked about Success Stories?

Yes, we have them. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

There are various stories of recovery here: http://http://igotbetter.org/videos and here: http://igotbetter.org/stories

There is an excellent collection of success stories here: http://cepuk.org/recovery-stories/

Katinka Blackford Newman has written an excellent book about her own story, which addresses the global nature of this problem, called "The Pill That Steals Lives." I got it from my library.

Also - you might want to visit with other Aussies, here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6284-australia-members-please-check-in-here/

It's super awesome that you have a number of non-drug techniques. Regular practice of any technique, whether it is meditation or walking or healing baths - will help shore you up through the difficult times. And you will learn that: if you can survive this, you can survive anything. You will come out of this better than you were before!

I hope you see the sun today!

Wow this was so great the hear.. I like the idea or celexa at a small amount, except I have a heart condition which is long at syndrome and that's the only reason I havnt tried it, but maybe such a small amount might not hurt that.

And yes the 3 months I was very stable on 5mg I thought woohoo I'm free. But few weeks after day on and day off, it hit me. And then reinstatement made me so so sick, I believe brain damage sick ????

If I do recover from what feels like brain damage, or even recover 80% I will feel like superwoman! and I will try and help people like you are doing for me.

Do you know when the emotional withdrawals start (anxiety) ruffly? I keep hearing 3 months for some reason.

And all this meditation and CBT will it even help? If it's all to do with your body healing, maybe it's a waste of money and energy

I appreciate every word you have said to me. I guess when you mind is running so fast, you forget to stop take a breath and actually thank people for there kind words. So thank you ????

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

Hi Jamie,

So sorry you had such horrible experience with the meds and doctors!

On top of what petunia commented and provided, I want to mention that your body probably now is in tolerance to Lexapro after the reaction you got from updosing! I had first hand experience with the same problems and I know once you have a reaction to the med, it will be very likely you will have a reaction whenever you updose or reinstate, at least that was the case for me, doesn't matter how tiny ( I am talking about samller than 0.1mg) the reinstate amount is.

This is exactly what I'm affraid of, if I try anything even a mg, im probably going to feel sick again,

And then if I try another ssri then how will it help with the lexapro withdrawals if it's a different drug. And reinstatement of another drug at a small dose, will it even help or just make things worse. It's horrible, if I don't get worse then I feel I can do this, if I see signs of improvement then I feel it is possible. But everyone talks about the crash months later. I won't be able to tolerate it if it gets worse ????

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jamie!

I didn't find your post for a few days, too.  I'm glad I caught up to you - because when I read your story, I was afraid that you were going to have some difficult times.

6 weeks is not too long for reinstatement.  Lexapro has that QT interval side effect, too (so your doc should never have given it to you!).  Celexa is very similar to Lexapro, and should "hit" very close to the same spots as Lexapro, but be weaker.

Ross River!  I have never been so afraid of mozzies in my life!  All I can say is - use repellent, and take care of your immune system!  You can't say you might get Ross River until you do - so - don't call wolf until you have to!

Reinstatements tend to be at such low doses that you don't get that "poisoned" feeling.  Have you ever been on 0.5 mg of Lexapro?  That's the equivalent of 1.0 mg of Celexa.

It seems like after 7 years on antidepressants, no one ever gets better or they get worse at 3 months off and continues for years. Has anyone ever got better with 6 months. My kids need me I'm so scared with in a few weeks I'm going to be hit with worse withdrawals or massive adrenal/panic attacks. 

Yes, people do get better.  I believe your best bet is to reinstate and try to stabilize.

Maybe you will be on that 1.0 mg of Celexa for a year in order to get stable - that's okay!  Your body is going to heal at the rate it heals, it can't be rushed - but you can give it some of the drug that was propping it up, to help get you through.

People do heal, people do get better, and you can too.  I'm sorry you are afraid, really your meditation and CBT will come in handy - keep practicing some meditation every day to build up a bank for when you need it.  It may not "feel good" every day you do it - but every day you do it will give you benefit.

So yes, I suggest that you could be helped by a 1.0 mg reinstatment of Celexa, and I just looked it up - it is available in a liquid.  If the doctor won't prescribe that low of a dose, just insist that he give you the liquid.  Say you are sensitive and want to go slowly.  I don't know what the PBS policy on liquid Celexa is - but you can try for an Authority Script.

And then if I try another ssri then how will it help with the lexapro withdrawals if it's a different drug. And reinstatement of another drug at a small dose, will it even help or just make things worse.

Do not try any other SSRI, it will just complicate things.  Celexa and Lexapro are similar.  It may need to be Lexapro, but if it were me, I'd want to see if I could get relief from Celexa.  

There is a risk involved, that it won't work.  And for a few days it might be worse - but then you will know what to do next.  You are an excellent candidate for reinstatement - you are only 6 weeks out (reinstatement works best at 2 weeks - 3 months from last dose), and you were on fairly low doses.

Breathe (you know, breathe!) you can do this!  Do you have a doctor you can go to?

I hope you see the sun today (and those mozzie bites just disappear no worries!)

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Administrator

Hi, Jamie.

Very fine posts by Petunia and JanCarol. I don't believe I can improve on them.

You are experiencing fairly classic withdrawal syndrome of the prolonged variety. A tiny reinstatement of Lexapro or Celexa might help a lot. If neither of those, Prozac.

I do not believe you'll have the same experience LexAnger had, her situation was very, very unusual.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

44 days off meditation.

Last night woke up twice with a pounding heart felt like adrenaline rushes.. today Just feeling out of reality all day like I'm there but not really there.. with really stiff sore neck. Mild headache. If I didn't have such a stiff neck then today wouldn't have been to bad, maybe even tolerable, Someone said maybe my flue turned into meningitis ????????‍♀️????????‍♀️????????‍♀️ So that's scared me so much ????

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

Or do you guys ever hear of neck pain/stiffness as a withdrawal complaint? I highly doubt it though ????

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jamie - 

I moved your posts from Kindling to here, this is the place for questions about your personal case.  (or I intended to - but cannot find them now?)

Please, can you Please Put Your Drug History Into your Signature so that wherever we post, we have a little bit about your history? 

The most recent year is the most important, the last 3 years are still good information.  We don't need symptoms there, mostly your drugs, doses, dates, and changes to your doses and dates.

To check to see if your symptom is "common" (there are a lot of common symptoms, including the ones you mention, you can check against Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's Most Common symptoms of Withdrawal

Or, if you want to read more, you can go to Google and type in survivingantidepressants symptom.  (symptom being the symptom you wish to look up)

For example, we've got "The Withdrawal flu"  or -  Muscular Symptoms or Cortisol Spikes.

Some of these might be helped by Magnesium and Omega-3 fish oil

or, my favorite:  Epsom Salts - Another Way to Relax with Magnesium

What have you decided about reinstatement?

• Mentor

Or do you guys ever hear of neck pain/stiffness as a withdrawal complaint? I highly doubt it though

yes esp for lexapro, stiff neck and pain is a WD symptom (also a potential side effect)

I had neck pain/stiffness while on a high dose of lexapro and I've had it while coming off.

it will go away with time

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • Moderator Emeritus

Also - these extreme emotions are perfectly normal in withdrawal.

We call them Neuro-emotion, because they are created by the chemicals.

It's been 7 weeks today. Still havnt reinstated, 2 doctors said that it wouldn't be therapeutical and doesn't believe its withdrawal. Made me cry in the doctors office. Havnt found a doctor yet that believes me.

And I've been going through all the links you have given me Jancarol, I like the checklist also, thank you. I want to print it and show the doctor. So thank you so much.

I eat a large tin of serina tuna every day for omega 3 because I can't tolerate any tablets right now, I tried. And the only way I can handle magnesium is 20% daily needs in sultana bran. I'm eating strawberries for inflammation, and yogurt for probiotics.

And thank you H2H neck pain is horrible but thank you for the hope it goes away :)

My jaw feels out of alignment my neck is so sore and my head always aches. Some moment I feel a panic coming and some moment just anxious.

Some times I still feel out of it (spacey). And I feel really strange surges when my body feels strange like it's full of pressure then my heart thumps. And I get this strange sensation in my brain and my eyes go all weird, like I'm about to go brain dead. It's really scary.

But some moments I can ignore some of it, but with in 5-10 mins it's all back..

I'm trying to hold on. Some lady said to me she was on lexapro for 7 years and had one bottle to taper with, guessing bottles are a month supply? We only get 2 weeks worth. And she went through physical symptoms for a month then emotional ones anxiety anger up until 3 months. Now she's managing her emotions but just has headaches and fatigue left. So I guess that gives me hope.

I've got a 90 day countdown on, and if by then I'm worse or have showed improvements, I'll then decide if I need them or not.

Then just tell the doctor in need to go back on. And will start on 2.5 of celexa. I know reinstatement doesn't always work, and I'm scared I'm going to get a lot worse, but I'm really lost, not sure what to do. Just pray I guess.

But hopefully I'm praying things will get better, and my anxiety can be controlled now that I'm older and have been through un imaginable pain. And do CBT and lifestyle arrangements. Even though withdrawals is so physical aswell and uncontrollably hard on emotions.

I'm just hoping I don't hit a wall and it gets even worse, cause this is so hard as it is

I'm going to keep updating if no one minds. It helps me to tell people how I'm going and get feedback

Withdrawals = Sucks!

Edited by ChessieCat
changed member name

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

Hi Jamie -

I am so sorry you have to go through this specially having kids :/ I was also on lexapro for 9 years with other meds in between. Getting of this medication is hard and challenging for sure . I basically did cold turkey back in the summer for 2016 then had to reinstate back in October and still didn't do well so I switched to another med and still struggling on it as well . I am mostly fatigued and anxious and spacey and dizzy . I really hope it will get better for all of us . And I completely understand how doctors don't believe us . If I go see my shrink she would just say it is anxiety and will switch me to another med or increase the dose

04/10 Luvox 25 mg PM, Nortriptyline 1 mg PM

03/08/19: Buspar 2.5 mg AM, 5 mg PM

01/01/19: Xanax 0.125 AM 5 times a week. Occasionally, 0.125 twice a day AM & noon

12/18 Armour Thyroid 60 mg (for hypothyroidism) 

Supplements: B Complex, B12 (adeno), multi-vitamin, D, Adrenal Cortex, iron

• Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other meds: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil, Nardil
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 
  • NO MEDS 07/16 - 10/31/16
  • Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, increased to 5 mg   
  • 1/13/17 switched to Luvox 50 mg before bed
  • 1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM
  • 12/18 Luvox 10 mg PM, Nortriptyline 2 mg (started Nortriptyline 06/17 at 10 mg)

Hi Jamie -

I am so sorry you have to go through this specially having kids :/ I was also on lexapro for 9 years with other meds in between. Getting of this medication is hard and challenging for sure . I basically did cold turkey back in the summer for 2016 then had to reinstate back in October and still didn't do well so I switched to another med and still struggling on it as well . I am mostly fatigued and anxious and spacey and dizzy . I really hope it will get better for all of us . And I completely understand how doctors don't believe us . If I go see my shrink she would just say it is anxiety and will switch me to another med or increase the dose

Hey blondie.. it's been 8 weeks for me now.. still feel horrible but I have moment during the day that are tolerable. Like most people are saying to me, by 3 months I'm going to get worse, which scares me a lot. I have neck pain jaw pain headaches that thump 24/7 then random things in between fainting spells, chest heaviness, shakes, anxiety body weakness. But I cherish the ok moments with my kids, cause I guess none of us know what's going to happen.. I just don't no what do. Keep pushing on, I just wish I never touched these drugs to begin with. Some people say by 3 months they feel better, some say worse. Don't know what to expect. Just know that reinstatement caused majority of these brain related issues.. I call poisoning or brain damage. I just keep believing in neuro plasticity, all you can do. Believe.

Sitting here been up since 1pm now 3:30pm body shakes heavy chest frequently going to the toilet. Heads thumping.. sucks so bad.

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

I'm so scared I'll never heal from the kindling that happens over 5 months of reinstatement.. do people that get so sick from reinstatement ever heal? I really need some reassurance.. I've been reading the brain is in a lot of trouble after kindling goes really bad.. I was sick from it for 5 months and my doctor just kept putting my dose up until I the point I was almost wasted away and bearly alive.. that's when I decided to stop.. I guess I have no chance.. 4-5 months sick like that, is a long time ????

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I was on Lexapro for close to three 3 years. C/T off it and experienced w/d. The first year was rough and little by little, I eventually got through it. For me, TIME was my answer along with Dr. Claire Weekes method. You'll get through all this.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Mentor

It seems like after 7 years on antidepressants, no one ever gets better or they get worse at 3 months off and continues for years. Has anyone ever got better with 6 months.

Hi Jamie

I've been on SSRI's since approx 1994, or over 20yrs. I was first on zoloft, then celexa, and since 2002 I was prescribed lexapro.

My lexapro dose has gone up and down many times and at one point I was off it completely for 8 mos. At the highest, my dose was 40 mgs. but I think for most of these years, I was on 20mgs.

I've been tapering since the summer of 2015 (but not the correct way at first, because I didn't know anything about withdrawal) Even with all the mistakes I've made in tapering, and jumping off at 2.5mgs and having to go back on 0.3 mgs a few months later, I am still HEALING and getting better every day.  The worst symptoms were gone in just a few months, and I've been able to function fairly well thru most of this period.

but try not to look too far ahead. You only need to get thru *today*.

Try to keep a look out for any improvement, even small ones. Notice them as much as you can, cuz the more you pay attention to the things that are getting better, the better you will feel and the faster things will improve.

it also makes you feel better to see that things are headed in the right direction. when you pay attention to the good things, they will grow.

It's rough right now, I know and it sucks, but you will get better.

there's no reason to think that it will take you a long time.

Everyone is different of course, but you're young, and you were not on the drug for a terribly long time.

There are several others here that I can think of, off the top of my head, who were on lexapro for much longer and they are healing and doing great!

You will too!

so hold on, you're going to get thru it. and probably a lot sooner than you think.

try to do as much as you can to take good care of yourself, eat well, sleep as much as you can, when you can. Get support from loved ones, and help with the kids if you can somehow.

sending you gentle cyber hugs

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106

I'm very scared this is what has happened to me ???? This man had the same symptoms as me. But I reluctantly stayed on them for 5 months and pushed through the poisoning feeling, he stopped after one week. And he has never healed. 2 years later ???? Kindled/adverse reaction and brain damage..

https://www.hormonesmatter.com/kindled-brain-long-term-lexapro-use-reactions/#comments

And I'm also scared because I had a few silver fillings removed a few months ago when I was sick because people said they could of been making me sick.. I would of ate dog poop if I thought I would feel better..

Now people are saying I have mercury poisoning.. but I've called 20 dentist and only one of them said they take precautions the rest said they have done restorations on family's silver teeth and never had problems. And they used to drill silver teeth in dental school and there fine.. so I don't no. Wish I could speak to people who have had silver fillings replaced.. my dentist said the suctioned and wet it really good but I still rinsed pieces out of my mouth after..

It's been nearly 60 days and I have been feeling worse the last 2 days. Very spaced out. Bearly see straight. A lot of weakness in my legs. And tingling in my brain..

But I'm so thankful for everyone's replys. Means a lot to me. ???? Really does!

It seems like after 7 years on antidepressants, no one ever gets better or they get worse at 3 months off and continues for years. Has anyone ever got better with 6 months.

Hi Jamie

I've been on SSRI's since approx 1994, or over 20yrs. I was first on zoloft, then celexa, and since 2002 I was prescribed lexapro.

My lexapro dose has gone up and down many times and at one point I was off it completely for 8 mos. At the highest, my dose was 40 mgs. but I think for most of these years, I was on 20mgs.

I've been tapering since the summer of 2015 (but not the correct way at first, because I didn't know anything about withdrawal) Even with all the mistakes I've made in tapering, and jumping off at 2.5mgs and having to go back on 0.3 mgs a few months later, I am still HEALING and getting better every day. The worst symptoms were gone in just a few months, and I've been able to function fairly well thru most of this period.

Try to keep a look out for any improvement, even small ones. Notice them as much as you can, cuz the more you pay attention to the things that are getting better, the better you will feel and the faster things will improve.

it also makes you feel better to see that things are headed in the right direction. when you pay attention to the good things, they will grow.

Everyone is different of course, but you're young, and you were not on the drug for a terribly long time.

There are several others here that I can think of, off the top of my head, who were on lexapro for much longer and they are healing and doing great!

You will too!

so hold on, you're going to get thru it. and probably a lot sooner than you think.

try to do as much as you can to take good care of yourself, eat well, sleep as much as you can, when you can. Get support from loved ones, and help with the kids if you can somehow.

sending you gentle cyber hugs

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

I was on Lexapro for close to three 3 years. C/T off it and experienced w/d. The first year was rough and little by little, I eventually got through it. For me, TIME was my answer along with Dr. Claire Weekes method. You'll get through all this.

I'm very scared this is what has happened to me ???? This man had the same symptoms as me. But I reluctantly stayed on them for 5 months and pushed through the poisoning feeling, he stopped after one week. And he has never healed. 2 years later ???? Kindled/adverse reaction and brain damage..

https://www.hormonesmatter.com/kindled-brain-long-term-lexapro-use-reactions/#comments

And I'm also scared because I had a few silver fillings removed a few months ago when I was sick because people said they could of been making me sick.. I would of ate dog poop if I thought I would feel better..

Now people are saying I have mercury poisoning.. but I've called 20 dentist and only one of them said they take precautions the rest said they have done restorations on family's silver teeth and never had problems. And they used to drill silver teeth in dental school and there fine.. so I don't no. Wish I could speak to people who have had silver fillings replaced.. my dentist said the suctioned and wet it really good but I still rinsed pieces out of my mouth after..

It's been nearly 60 days and I have been feeling worse the last 2 days. Very spaced out. Bearly see straight. A lot of weakness in my legs. And tingling in my brain..

But I'm so thankful for everyone's replys. Means a lot to me. ???? Really does!

Hi Jamie

I've been tapering since the summer of 2015 (but not the correct way at first, because I didn't know anything about withdrawal) Even with all the mistakes I've made in tapering, and jumping off at 2.5mgs and having to go back on 0.3 mgs a few months later, I am still HEALING and getting better every day. The worst symptoms were gone in just a few months, and I've been able to function fairly well thru most of this period.

You will too!

i replied bellow but I think it went under a quote.. hope you can have a look

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

I replied on this post above under catnipped. Hope you can have a look for me :)

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• Mentor

Jamie,

I have a mouth FULL of large metal fillings, at least 18 of them. I've had them since I was a kid and have had them replaced with more metal fillings. I've had them fall out and have swallowed several. I just had one fall out a few weeks ago.

You are not sick because of the fillings.

You are going thru withdrawal. You don't have true brain damage,  you've got what we all have here: a sensitive nervous system that was upset by the chemicals in the antidepressants and other psych drugs we were prescribed.

They changed our brain chemistry and hormones, and now that we are going off the drugs/meds, our brains need to get back to the way they were *before* we took them. This takes time. It's a long and distressing process but it's not dangerous.
You will heal from it.

it may take longer than you'd like but you will get better.  60 days is not a long time. think in terms of many months for things to sort themselves out.

However, things will start to improve, in a pattern of what we call windows and waves, so not every day will be terrible. You will have good days and good hours, and some not so good.
Look for the good things.

Don't focus so much on what is wrong, it will only make you more scared, which is only going to make you feel worse.

try to find one small thing every day to be grateful for.

I know that this is very hard but everyone here is going thru something very similar and we are all improving,  some slower than others but all making progress.

You will too.

Jamie,

I have a mouth FULL of large metal fillings, at least 18 of them. I've had them since I was a kid and have had them replaced with more metal fillings. I've had them fall out and have swallowed several. I just had one fall out a few weeks ago.

You are not sick because of the fillings.

You are going thru withdrawal. You don't have true brain damage, you've got what we all have here: a sensitive nervous system that was upset by the chemicals in the antidepressants and other psych drugs we were prescribed.

They changed our brain chemistry and hormones, and now that we are going off the drugs/meds, our brains need to get back to the way they were *before* we took them. This takes time. It's a long and distressing process but it's not dangerous.

You will heal from it.

it may take longer than you'd like but you will get better. 60 days is not a long time. think in terms of many months for things to sort themselves out.

However, things will start to improve, in a pattern of what we call windows and waves, so not every day will be terrible. You will have good days and good hours, and some not so good.

Look for the good things.

Don't focus so much on what is wrong, it will only make you more scared, which is only going to make you feel worse.

try to find one small thing every day to be grateful for.

I know that this is very hard but everyone here is going thru something very similar and we are all improving, some slower than others but all making progress.

You will too.

Thank you soooo much.. I had a silver one put in and then 8 months later people scared me into taking it out, so they drilled a large silver mollar out with no precautions.. and people say it gives you mercury poisoning, was just a little scared that was a issue to.. I'm not so worried about them in there. I think I'm scared they drilled it out and I breathed it in..

But what I'm more afraid of. Is why when I reinstated was I so sick.. I even had one doctor who told me I would die if I didn't get better soon.. I just vomited yellow bile and yellow diarrhea, it's like I was blind, I had to be carried to the car to go to my appointments. That why I'm so scared I've done something to my mitochondrial. Or toxicity or poisoning.. it was like that for so many months of reinstatement. I'm just so scared because someone else is going through all of that, and they only reinstated for a week and my symptoms were worse. And I was pretty much force fed them believing it was all in my head ????

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

Has anyone heard of paraesthesia feeling in the actual brain, been said as a lexapro withdrawal symptom or just of the skin

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

One or both of these might be what you are describing.  They are both common:

brain-fog-blank-mind-comprehension-cognitive-and-memory-problems

derealization-or-depersonalization

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

I've just seen you post in the paraesthesia topic which has more detail so I've linked to it.

These are topics to do with the head and or twitching:

head-symptoms

head-noise-and-other-symptoms-in-the-head

migraines-headaches-neck-ache-and-head-pressure

facial-tics

tension-pain-twitches-spasms-in-muscles-and-joints

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

There is also brain-zaps

Thank you chessie cat..

What about metallic taste in mouth, starting to believe I do have mercury poisoning! As my tingles are getting worse also

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

If you use google and type in survivingantidepressants.org taste you will find some topics.

The both times that I fell pregnant (not on ADs at the time) I got a metallic taste when using cutlery, so hormones can affect that.  I'm finding at the moment that on and off I can smell odd smells.  I've recently experienced a couple of times in different places smelling what I thought was burnt toast.  The other day I kept catching a whiff of musk, and when I mentioned it my 2 daughters couldn't smell it.

No #52 Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist is abnormal smells or taste.

Yes I also smell strange things. Like burning things and no one else can smell it. But the metal taste is crazy strong!

8 years lexapro.

July-September 5mg

• 3 months later...

Hi JAL, just wonder how how you are doing lately? Hope you are seeing lots improvement.

lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,