Lorin

Lorin: taper by peter breggin recomedation-an important question

69 posts in this topic

i want to know from the experiance of the memebers
more then the protocol

i want to know from the experiance of the memebers
more then the protocol

This is not how this site works and you seem to have problems accepting this.

We are trying our best to keep the site organised and structured. Starting too many new threads, particularly for questions which have already been answered elsewhere, would quickly lead to chaos. That's why we delete such threads.

Before you start a new thread please check whether this topic has already been covered (google surviving antidepressants plus eye floaters for instance or post a question on your thread).

You are tapering too fast so no wonder you are experiencing all sorts of symptoms.

* Moved from the tapering section

If you want to see what other people have written, use search in the Introductions forum. You will see many people who have tapered escitalopram.

Lorin, if you get diarrhea, you are taking too much magnesium.

i suffer from ibs diarrhea always because my anixty so i afraid to take magnesium

i read before about thoese supliment you wrote and the side effect of them are stomach upset and diarrhea so i afraid to take them to

every post or comment i write move by the menegers to other place without link at all

We have specific topics through the site, and ask that members post questions in topic. Any posts that are outside a topic are moved. to the correct place. This keeps the forum organised and people can find the information they need. 

I have moved the post to your introduction. One topic is allowed per person in the introductions forum. 

Lorin it may be better for you to post your questions here instead of having to search for the relevant topics. 

where i can find post about melatonin?

If you Google survivingantidepressants.org melatonin, you will find several posts on melatonin.

Hi Lorin, 

What I have found to work best is to do a search just using my browser.  Not the search feature at this site.  I type in survivingantidepressants.org and then the topic or subject I want to read.......  Like this:  survivingantidepressants.org melatonin

When I went down from 5 mg. of Lexapro to 3 mg. using the liquid preparation I checked into the hospital.  I tried going up to 4 mg. prior to that.  I was really quite ill and very agitated and confused.  That was my experience.  I would not wish that experience on anyone and it took me a long time to recover from it.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and growth,

manymoretodays

Posted (edited)

/

^original content above

title of merged topic: i cant find in this new site the content i follow :(

Edited by scallywag
merged topics, inserted former topic title in post content

Posted (edited)

Lorin, please do not start new topics. Post your questions here in your introduction thread.

What specific content do you mean when you ask about "the content i follow"?

Edited by scallywag

Posted (edited)

?

former topic title: where i can see the content i follow?

Edited by scallywag
created post content from former topic title, merged to intro

I've moved your post to your introduction topic. Please see this post in the "How to use this site" topic.

hi
just now saw your warmimgs here
sorry

Thank you for acknowledging that you've seen the posts. That's helpful for the moderating team.

On 18.6.2017 at 5:16 PM, scallywag said:

Thank you for acknowledging that you've seen the posts. That's helpful for the moderating team.

hi
i dont want to write here my questions and post
its not connect to the issu i want to post
why other members can post seperetly?

Believe me, it's better if you post it here. You will get more replies. Except that the types of questions you make don't really get answered.

Who had gastro issues? for instance. People don't log here to answer such specific questions. What I would do is google surviving antidepressants gastro issues. It would take me to threads of members who dealt with them even if they no longer visit the site.

Or any other issue like that. If everybody started random threads with questions the site would soon descend into chaos like garden overgrown with weed.

So you are just creating lots of gardening work for us and that's why we are so strict with this request.

We are all volunteers tapering or recovering from psychiatric drugs and there is some minimum respect of housd rules and our time and effort that we expect from members.

I did such google search for you (because I'm in a good mood today and riding on a bus :) A few threads got listed. It's a whole mine of information, case histories, additional links...

Posted (edited)

hi my post deleted by the menegers here because i didnt post them on this forum
i want to know please why other members can post new post s in other forums?

thank you

Edited by scallywag
moved from 3KIS topic

21 hours ago, bubble said:

Believe me, it's better if you post it here. You will get more replies. Except that the types of questions you make don't really get answered.

Who had gastro issues? for instance. People don't log here to answer such specific questions. What I would do is google surviving antidepressants gastro issues. It would take me to threads of members who dealt with them even if they no longer visit the site.

Or any other issue like that. If everybody started random threads with questions the site would soon descend into chaos like garden overgrown with weed.

So you are just creating lots of gardening work for us and that's why we are so strict with this request.

We are all volunteers tapering or recovering from psychiatric drugs and there is some minimum respect of house rules and our time and effort that we expect from members.

Did you read what I wrote?

If other members do what you are doing their posts are also moved. But nobody does it to the extent you do and that's why you've been asked to post only in your thread. But don't seem to be able to comply with that request either...

2 hours ago, bubble said:

Did you read what I wrote?

If other members do what you are doing their posts are also moved. But nobody does it to the extent you do and that's why you've been asked to post only in your thread. But don't seem to be able to comply with that request either...

now i see your answer
members dont get into my post here and see about my questions
i want the members answer my question by they experiance
here they cant see

Give it a try. You will be surprised.

Except that people don't come to the site to answer questions but to get support and exchange experiences. The best way for me to find out about experiences of other people is to read their threads. I can find something relevant for myself on almost any thread.

Also this site has been around for many years and we have pretty much covered everything under the sun when it comes to withdrawal and a simple google search enables us to get to this information.

Lorin,

How is your IBS now that you are on a lower dose of the drug?  When I was researching IBS and antidepressants, everything said that you must stay on a low dose only, as higher doses make IBS much worse. Have you noticed any improvement in your symptoms at all?  I am so surprised that your doctor would put you on a high dose with IBS, ans the research clearly shows that it worsens things. The research shows that IBS symptoms are best kept in check with very low doses only, perhaps like you are taking now.  Are you still on 3.5mg?  Have any extra symptoms popped up while lowering your daily dose?

If you can stay on a very low dose of Lexapro, it might save you from the withdrawal side effects!  I have seen so many people that only get side effects when they totally stop the drug, so if you can manage to stay on a small dose, you could possibly not get sick from withdrawal!  If you would like, we can figure out how long you should stay at a certain dose to try to make sure you do not have problems. Just tell us what dose you would like to stay at.  This it is not a guarantee, but it is worth a try.  I want you to stay functioning  and have a good life and not get any more sick, if at all possible.

I do hope you are feeling some relief!

Skeeter

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

Lorin,

How is your IBS now that you are on a lower dose of the drug?  When I was researching IBS and antidepressants, everything said that you must stay on a low dose only, as higher doses make IBS much worse. Have you noticed any improvement in your symptoms at all?  I am so surprised that your doctor would put you on a high dose with IBS, ans the research clearly shows that it worsens things. The research shows that IBS symptoms are best kept in check with very low doses only, perhaps like you are taking now.  Are you still on 3.5mg?  Have any extra symptoms popped up while lowering your daily dose?

If you can stay on a very low dose of Lexapro, it might save you from the withdrawal side effects!  I have seen so many people that only get side effects when they totally stop the drug, so if you can manage to stay on a small dose, you could possibly not get sick from withdrawal!  If you would like, we can figure out how long you should stay at a certain dose to try to make sure you do not have problems. Just tell us what dose you would like to stay at.  This it is not a guarantee, but it is worth a try.  I want you to stay functioning  and have a good life and not get any more sick, if at all possible.

I do hope you are feeling some relief!

Skeeter

i told you before that i cant talk with you cause you make me feell anixty with your answers and post
everything you say is Scary and prevents progress
have a good day

Lorin. If you keep insulting our members and mods then we really can't talk to you. I'm sorry. You prevent progress. Have a good day.

36 minutes ago, AliG said:

Lorin. If you keep insulting our members and mods then we really can't talk to you. I'm sorry. You prevent progress. Have a good day.

i am not insult
Skeeter always write me horror stories about lexapro and i asked him before to stop that and he keep doing this again
its make me bad anixty

No. I'm sorry but you do have it wrong and you also insult. No one here deserves that. Skeeter is a she and trying to help you. Thank you. A little acknowledgment would go a long way.

Please be nice.    

Lorin,

I promise not to say anything scary.  If you read my last post it was very positive and gave good happy news!

Is your IBS any better on the lower dose of Lexapro?  Have you noticed any improvement in your IBS symptoms?

I do hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Have a wonderful day!

Shalom

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

Lorin,

I promise not to say anything scary.  If you read my last post it was very positive and gave good happy news!

Is your IBS any better on the lower dose of Lexapro?  Have you noticed any improvement in your IBS symptoms?

I do hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Have a wonderful day!

Shalom

hi
it worse
i think because i read the lexapro is ssri effect the smooth muscle of the body so i have 20 times a day bowel movement because
the muscle are tens 
 i thout if i go down it will help but more i go down i suffer
so i think when i will stop the lexapro i hope it will gone slowly cause its take time to the gut and the noure ti recover

i sure its the lexapro

its close my rectum and cause me dyspapsya and bad bloating
and pain in my gut
its very sever
i remember when i was in the 20 mg and i wanted to poop i got syncope because i cant poop smooth
so my bloud presure was down
its hell
and becuase i cant get out my home nearly 6 month because of this i will have to and this lexapro soon
its Destroys my colon and life