SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

ShakeyJerr: Say hello

ShakeyJerr

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, ShakeyJerr said:

Checking in...

So, I've had some improvements - praise God! My morning anxiety is lower, I've been able to run errands and show myself that the world is an okay place for me to be, I have been participating in family things, and I generally have a better outlook. I do still have that background anxiety with me most of the time, like a stalker who is waiting to strike (and he does - I do still get un-triggered anxiety/terror spikes and crying jags). Also, my back is still killing me, primarily in the adrenal fatigue-presenting spots, but I am trying not to let that curtail my activities.

However... A new symptom has reared its head over the past 2 days: afternoon jitters bordering on low-level hyper/manic. Breathing my way through it does not seem to calm it. I'm wondering if it is being triggered by 1 of 2 (or both) things - my adding a second 250mg of Vitamin C (though I take that at 5pm, so I don;t see how it is causing jitters at 1pm) or the fact that the sun is really shining here these days so it is much sunnier during my morning walk.

It is more likely just part of the healing process. My theory is that my synapses are upregulating/re-growing, but perhaps I still don;t have enough of the proper neurotransmitter mix to feed them. After all, I was on Effexor - which effects serotonin and norepinephrine - and Seroquel - which effects dopamine. It could just be that I am still running a noticeable deficit.

Whatever the case, let's take this an an overall win!

SJ

hi SJ glad for you your noticing some improvements ,if you are eating a varied healthy diet you could be getting enough vitamin c ,I'm totally rethinking my supplements ,I think I've been wasting my money in desperation on them .synthetic supplements mite not be healthy ,make sure there vegetarian if u getting them .

take care

PB 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShakeyJerr

• powerback

• Frogie

• Happy2Heal

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow and steady is always the way to go with supplements. Add one at a time, low dose, give it a week to see what happens, then up-does slowly!

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

A jerk at work is undermining my confidence, causing bad memories, distrust in God to control my circumstances, and heightened anxiety. Why do jerks exist?

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

18 minutes ago, ShakeyJerr said:

A jerk at work is undermining my confidence, causing bad memories, distrust in God to control my circumstances, and heightened anxiety. Why do jerks exist?

SJ

Addendum: Spoke with a supervisor, not to complain, but actually with humility to see if I am in the wrong. She assured me that I am not. 

Non-jerks counter jerks.

But more to the point of withdrawal and recovery - I find my emotions to still be overly fragile and too easily triggered. I'm sure that there are others here in the same boat. What are some coping mechanisms that you have found effective? I went immediately to prayer and positive self-talk, and it did help a bit. But that still feels reactive. How do we strengthen ourselves against things triggering us? How can we be more proactive against triggers?

I am of the theory that why we get emotional from a triggering statement or event is that our brain reaches for a bit of the appropriate neuro-transmitter and finds the well to be dry. Then, like a rat pressing for a food pellet that never comes, our brain keeps pressing the button for the neuro-transmitter, and finding the well empty, just presses the button harder and faster, causing a panic. It's akin to what a comedian (I think it was Penn Jillette) called "El-Acceleration" - the false theory that continually pressing the elevator call button will cause the elevator to arrive faster. But in our case, the elevator does not arrive, and we crash into a chemical-deficiency crisis.

Thoughts? 

SJ

Okay folks - pray and wish me luck! I am adding a 4th 100mg magnesium-glycinate capsule to my regimen today. That brings me up to the RDA 400mg per day. This one is going to go into 12 ounces of water for fast drinking.

So that means I do 100mg capsule in the morning, I add 100mg to 23 ounces of water to sip from around 7:30am to 2pm (mixed in with 200mg of theanine, 100mg dissolved in 12 ounces of water around 2:30 for a quick drink, and 100mg capsule around bed time (10ish).

Here's to recovery!

SJ

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, ShakeyJerr said:

Addendum: Spoke with a supervisor, not to complain, but actually with humility to see if I am in the wrong. She assured me that I am not. 

Non-jerks counter jerks.

But more to the point of withdrawal and recovery - I find my emotions to still be overly fragile and too easily triggered. I'm sure that there are others here in the same boat. What are some coping mechanisms that you have found effective? I went immediately to prayer and positive self-talk, and it did help a bit. But that still feels reactive. How do we strengthen ourselves against things triggering us? How can we be more proactive against triggers?

I am of the theory that why we get emotional from a triggering statement or event is that our brain reaches for a bit of the appropriate neuro-transmitter and finds the well to be dry. Then, like a rat pressing for a food pellet that never comes, our brain keeps pressing the button for the neuro-transmitter, and finding the well empty, just presses the button harder and faster, causing a panic. It's akin to what a comedian (I think it was Penn Jillette) called "El-Acceleration" - the false theory that continually pressing the elevator call button will cause the elevator to arrive faster. But in our case, the elevator does not arrive, and we crash into a chemical-deficiency crisis.

Thoughts? 

SJ

I can totally relate to the fragility of emotions ,its like an alien host withdrawal is in our brain mimicking nastiness ,lately I have myself down as borderline personality disorder ,even a look from someone can set me off :unsure:

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 minute ago, powerback said:

I can totally relate to the fragility of emotions ,its like an alien host withdrawal is in our brain mimicking nastiness ,lately I have myself down as borderline personality disorder ,even a look from someone can set me off :unsure:

I wouldn't go throwing any diagnoses on yourself, PB - especially one's defied by an industry that we know is not working in our best interests.

Right now you are sensitive. It's part of recovery. Our emotions are on a hair-trigger sometimes. Feeling fragile is the norm for us right now. But it will pass. We heal!

SJ

ye exactly SJ our body's aren't aware of society's demands so healing can be so hard and lengthy. Ile have to start taking beads out soon because I'm nearly non functioning lately and I may as well be reducing the poison at least .hope you well yourself.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Mentor
3 hours ago, ShakeyJerr said:

Okay folks - pray and wish me luck! I am adding a 4th 100mg magnesium-glycinate capsule to my regimen today. That brings me up to the RDA 400mg per day. This one is going to go into 12 ounces of water for fast drinking.

wishing you well!! let me know how this goes, I've been thinking of adding a 4th capsule lately myself, as I've got anxiety all day long lately.

I pray that this works for you (and if it does, I may have the courage to try it myself, or maybe a half capsule...)

I don't know how else to deal with the neuro emotions other than the things you're doing

I don't even know how to do positive self talk, I try but I can't seem to direct anything positive towards myself without it feeling false and forced and invalid. :P

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
14 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

wishing you well!! let me know how this goes, I've been thinking of adding a 4th capsule lately myself, as I've got anxiety all day long lately.

I pray that this works for you (and if it does, I may have the courage to try it myself, or maybe a half capsule...)

I don't know how else to deal with the neuro emotions other than the things you're doing

I don't even know how to do positive self talk, I try but I can't seem to direct anything positive towards myself without it feeling false and forced and invalid. :P

I had a rough night and rough morning, but I think it was triggered by events and not so much adding the 4th magnesium-glycinate capsule.

I do also believe, however, that when we make a shift in routine - whether general life routine, or diet, or exercise, or supplements - we can sometimes get an initial negative reaction. I think the recovery body and brain likes consistency, and so when we change something it panics a little bit. That's why I advocate giving well thought out changes a week to see if they have a good effect - unless of course one has a very bad initial reaction, something out of the "norm" for them in recovery.

And as for positive self-talk, here's something you can direct at yourself, H2H: "I have been helpful and important in the recovery of ShakeyJerr. My support, sharing of experiences, and advice has positively affected his mental and physical health."

Take that one to the bank!

SJ

19 hours ago, ShakeyJerr said:

So that means I do 100mg capsule in the morning, I add 100mg to 23 ounces of water to sip from around 7:30am to 2pm (mixed in with 200mg of theanine, 100mg dissolved in 12 ounces of water around 2:30 for a quick drink, and 100mg capsule around bed time (10ish).

Here's to recovery!

SJ

Are you having success with the Magnesium? Is that why you're adding even more? Have you been sensitive in the past? Have you tried the oil or Epsom salts bath? Sometimes a different delivery system is worthwhile trying although please take it very carefully and slowly as sometimes more is not necessarily better.

I agree with positive self - talk . It has helped me and many others through this. It sounds so simple and yet it can be so powerful.  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

4 hours ago, AliG said:

Are you having success with the Magnesium? Is that why you're adding even more? Have you been sensitive in the past? Have you tried the oil or Epsom salts bath? Sometimes a different delivery system is worthwhile trying although please take it very carefully and slowly as sometimes more is not necessarily better.

I agree with positive self - talk . It has helped me and many others through this. It sounds so simple and yet it can be so powerful.  

Magnesium has been of help to me. I often feel calmer after taking some. But I feel like I have hit a plateau in my recovery, and it makes sense to me to get back up to 400mg (the RDA, and where I had been before withdrawal). I have noticed that when I add a supplement, or make a dietary change or lifestyle change, I get 1 to 3 days of backlash and then I get a steady improvement that takes me to a new level of recovery. I think what happens is that the withdrawal recovery brain and body resists any and all change at first - it's like we are addicted to consistency, even bad consistency.

SJ

On 6/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, powerback said:

ye exactly SJ our body's aren't aware of society's demands so healing can be so hard and lengthy. Ile have to start taking beads out soon because I'm nearly non functioning lately and I may as well be reducing the poison at least .hope you well yourself.

Slow and steady, PB. Taper slow and steady.

SJ

ye SJ slow and steady  ,I'm petrified :unsure: but it has to be done ,I must get my toolkit together for this journey .I've a lot of symptoms taking the drug so I may as well start  reducing ,its been 6 months since my breakdown and I'm proud I never got the Zyprexa GP wanted me take and in time I will tell him he's wrong .

take care

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

On 2017-06-19 at 8:28 AM, ShakeyJerr said:

Thoughts? 

SJ

attachment: STUCK IN A LIFT.doc

Edited by scallywag
delete multiple instances of attachment

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

14 hours ago, ShakeyJerr said:

I have noticed that when I add a supplement, or make a dietary change or lifestyle change, I get 1 to 3 days of backlash and then I get a steady improvement that takes me to a new level of recovery. I think what happens is that the withdrawal recovery brain and body resists any and all change at first - it's like we are addicted to consistency, even bad consistency.

SJ

I find this very interesting.  I have tried numerous times to take magnesium (tiny amount in water and sipped) but given up each time.  I tried again just yesterday, and couldn't sleep from 8 till 11 so got up and had some porridge (often works, but not this time) and did some exercises (sometimes works, but not this time) and back to bed and still awake at 12.45am and today a write off as a result.  The anxiety and palpitations went through the roof, and when I woke, they were still there and pretty high all day today.  I was going to quit the magnesium, but after reading what you wrote, I will persist for a week, if I can.  Of course, it could always be something "else" and not the magnesium, these things you just never know!

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

10 hours ago, grandmaD said:

I find this very interesting.  I have tried numerous times to take magnesium (tiny amount in water and sipped) but given up each time.  I tried again just yesterday, and couldn't sleep from 8 till 11 so got up and had some porridge (often works, but not this time) and did some exercises (sometimes works, but not this time) and back to bed and still awake at 12.45am and today a write off as a result.  The anxiety and palpitations went through the roof, and when I woke, they were still there and pretty high all day today.  I was going to quit the magnesium, but after reading what you wrote, I will persist for a week, if I can.  Of course, it could always be something "else" and not the magnesium, these things you just never know!

I must say that true to form, I am having a few days with anxiety spikes since adding the 4th mag-glycinate. I wonder how much of that is my mind playing tricks on me - not the normal withdrawal recovery tricks, but more of a "because I am anticipating it, it is happening" trick. In which case, by tomorrow or the next day, I should be fine!

SJ

On 2017-06-22 at 4:08 AM, grandmaD said:

Did you write that, grandmaD? It hits the nail on the head!

SJ

Edited by scallywag
delete multiple instances of attachment

Fear and worry suck, but they can be healthy when kept in the right proportion and the right perspective.

Neuro-Fear and Neuro-Worry, however, just suck.

I have some situations going on where fear/worry is the proper response. But thanks to the meds, they are now neuro-fear and neuro-worry - and that is a crappy way to go through the day.

:(

SJ

Okay, having a bit of a turnaround from this morning...

I am suddenly very upbeat to the point of thinking I am getting a bit hyper or manic. Nothing has change in my circumstances, and there has been no trigger for this sudden emotional change.

Could it be that I'm just hitting a window and am not used to having energy and good thoughts? Or could this be a trick of the mind as it moves into some new phase of recovery, some sort of neuro-manic or neuro-hyper event?

SJ

Just now, ShakeyJerr said:

I am suddenly very upbeat to the point of thinking I am getting a bit hyper or manic. Nothing has change in my circumstances, and there has been no trigger for this sudden emotional change.

Could it be that I'm just hitting a window and am not used to having energy and good thoughts? Or could this be a trick of the mind as it moves into some new phase of recovery, some sort of neuro-manic or neuro-hyper event?

SJ

Or could it be that my additional magnesium-glycinate capsule is finally yielding good results?

Boy, see how withdrawal/recovery makes a person question everything? I can't wait until I am fully recovered and can know that my emotions really belong to me!

SJ

Hi SJ--  so sorry to read that you're having such a rough patch.  Man, that back pain is a killer, I went through a lot of that during my taper.  I lived on a heating pad on the recliner for days at a time.  I can understand that you don't want to take pain pills, but I had good luck with plain aspirin. Also with a topical spray named Salon-pas, which comes in patches too.

This type of pain and the lack of sleep, can cause a huge amount of muscle tension in the body.  They can e extremely tight and we don't even know it. That tightness can translate into shaking and jitters. Then a panic spiral starts up which makes the tension worse.  Constant gentle stretching and working the muscles can help.  I'm pretty sure that you've already read it but the thread on "Dealing With Emotional Spirals" would be worth a second look. Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Good idea on changing the wording to "recovery".  Words and attitude are two of the biggest keys to getting through this hard times. The progression of your last several post is very positive, showing that improvements are being made.  It's a horribly bad wave and will pass.

You might try contacting the local cat rescue/adoption group to see if there is anyone who can help with the kitty situation.  The people I know in those groups are very caring and concerned and frequently experienced will dealing with medical restrictions.  they might have a person that could help.

Relax as best as you can.

Brass 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

30 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

You might try contacting the local cat rescue/adoption group to see if there is anyone who can help with the kitty situation.  The people I know in those groups are very caring and concerned and frequently experienced will dealing with medical restrictions.  they might have a person that could help.

That is a brilliant suggestion! Wow, I never would have thought of that.

Yeah, the back pain is definitely made worse by the muscle tension that anxiety causes. I just purchased the new IcyHot with Lidocaine. Haven't given it a try yet (I've actually had a slight reduction in back pain the past couple of days - praise God!), but I will report back if and when I do use it.

SJ

• Mentor
1 hour ago, ShakeyJerr said:

SJ

this has happened to me too, SJ.

If you feel almost unusually good, it's probably a WD effect, at least that has been my experience. It's almost a euphoric feeling...?
if so, enjoy it, soak it in, but do your best not to get too too excited, because it's probably not going to last. I hate to say that, but I think it's likely. You may very well level out... and be at a new level of healing that is better than before...

OK I'm rambling, I realize. I am happy for you and a little concerned for you too. I think it's a neuro thingie, I do....

I don't think the glycine can cause a high, at least, I've not had that happen. I have only gotten relief from anxiety and therefore some help with sleeping from the glycine.

But who knows?? we are such uncharted territory here.

and yes, as to your later post, WD sure DOES make you question everything!

my advice is to enjoy this feeling, but don't get too attached to it. and don't make any plans based on it (that was my mistake, I took on an extra responsibility during a period of a neuro high. I've been able to handle it, but I would have been better off without the added stress)

hoping that this means you are turning a corner!!

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
17 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

hoping that this means you are turning a corner!!

Me too! I did calm down a bit and just feel nice and normal now. My prayer walk helped even me out!

SJ

Just to update you on the "magnesium sip" (just one a day) - if you recall, the first night I couldn't get to sleep for 5 HOURS!  I did say it could have been numerous other things, but I always notice a ramp up in the anxiety and quit it, but I took your advice and decided to keep it up for a week.  For the last couple of days the anxiety has gone back to mild-moderate I am very pleased to relate.  I got to sleep before the 2 hour mark last night and was only awake through the night for 2 hours which is "normal"!

I also did another thing - I started increasing my Vit. C to 500mg three times a day, because I read that large doses of Vit. C can ease up cortisol production.  I did both things at once - which is NOT ADVISABLE because if it gets worse, you don't know which one to blame! 

The recommended dose is Vit. C 1,000mg x 3times daily, so I am going it gradually

6 hours ago, grandmaD said:

I also did another thing - I started increasing my Vit. C to 500mg three times a day, because I read that large doses of Vit. C can ease up cortisol production.  I did both things at once - which is NOT ADVISABLE because if it gets worse, you don't know which one to blame! 

2 changes at a time - yeah, not advisable.

Plus, Vitamin C can be activating/cause anxiety - starting that high with the dose is not advisable either. Nor is taking it close to bed time. I do 2 - 250mg doses of Vitamin C, on in the morning, and one in the afternoon.

SJ

Having a very bad stretch. It was triggered by the horrible time my wife is havmg with her job. She has a very hard, very demanding job, and they are not treating her well. She puts in long hours, has no time to breathe, and they keep piling on more work. We need to find her a ne job very soon. It's causing her a lot of hardship, and she is showing signs of depression.

And like I said, it has triggered me.  I have been in a very bad sympton cycle since yesterday - terrible tremors, anxiety (including a horrible terror attack this morning), cognitive problems, uncontrollable crying, no joy, recriminatng thoughts. This is one of the worst 24 hour periods in a long time. We are hanging out with family today, it's a beautiful day, I'm surrounded by kids filling the air with their laughter, and all I can do is tremor and fight back tears.

I really want to sue somebody over what these drugs did to me, to all of us on here!

I used to be - before he meds - a funny, smart, engaged, engaging person. Then I had a bad stretch of situational depression, got convinced to take the meds, became an angry jerk, went through a 17 year long personality changr, got off of the meds, and now am suffering. Yes, there have been good moments during recivery. But I am 6 months in and I just want it to stop! I want to be whole again!

SJ

• Mentor

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

it will happen SJ, it will.

sorry it takes so long

it's so unfair

but it's going to get better. I can hardly wait to read your success story. it's going to be wonderful, and so very deserved.

was just wondering, did you make that change with the glycine?
I've recently reduced the amnt I take, because I feared it had started to go paradoxical on me, or at the very least, might not be working all that well.

It's hard to say, because for the past several days my anxiety level has been very low, only coming in short waves that last a couple of hours at most.

I figured with low anxiety, I probably didn't need the full dose (I was taking 2 grams at night and one in the morning)

I think I also read that it's good to not take the supplements consitently...? but you'll want to check that out, my mind/memory is really bad lately.

I just seem to recall that it's better to take a break from them because maybe you build up a tolerance....

gosh< I wish I could remember!! sorry, I'm not a whole lot of help am I??

:P

Thanks for the loving support, H2H! When I hesl, you are going to be a big part of my thank you section of my success story.

I'm not taking straight glycine. I take magnesium-glycinate. I did make the updose. But with the huge amount of added stress this week, it's hard to know if it is having any effect.

I might add some straight glycine at some point. But next up is adding fish oil, which I will start next Thursday.

SJ

Not a good night's sleep :(

Had trouble falling asleep (usually not a problem) and woke up 30 minutes earlier  than usual (which made it 2 hours before I had to even be up at all!) and was unable to get back to sleep.

Feeling weak physically this morning. The combination of the super-stressful past few days, plus the horrible eating that I did all weekend*, combined to put me behind the 8-ball.

SJ

*Just goes to show that diet is extremely important during recovery!

ShakeyJerr is very shaky this morning :(

Definitely a reaction to all of the life stress the past several days. Add to that some really bad dietary choices and staying active too late into the day, and the result is too much cortisol and not enough neurotransmitters.

Come on serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, GABA, and the rest of the gang - get with it!

SJ

HI shakey wishing  you great strength ,the eating can be so hard ,what is controlling our brain when we now we shouldn't be eating rubbish.I have ordered kefir grains and read up on it ,great gut health from it and a nice healthy hobby so in a month I hope to see a benefit ,but I can see that excited feeling arise in me that I'm sure we all know ,this will fix me :),may as well try .

peace to you ,you deserve it .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

6 minutes ago, powerback said:

the eating can be so hard ,what is controlling our brain when we now we shouldn't be eating rubbish

It's also hard when you have a family and go to family functions! In the past week I have had pizza, hamburgers (on buns - bad SJ!), potato chips (I just cannot resist), and even ice cream. Taken individually in small amounts and spread out over the course of weeks and not days, I don't think I would have had any problems. But making them the main part of my eating for the past several days has been bad.

SJ

9 minutes ago, ShakeyJerr said:

It's also hard when you have a family and go to family functions! In the past week I have had pizza, hamburgers (on buns - bad SJ!), potato chips (I just cannot resist), and even ice cream. Taken individually in small amounts and spread out over the course of weeks and not days, I don't think I would have had any problems. But making them the main part of my eating for the past several days has been bad.

SJ

ye its very hard I agree and I am  the same ,I've started bringing a rucksack everywhere with healthy food to give myself a better chance at resisting bad food .ile be tested for the next few weeks loads coming up :o.I'm more than a month off bread and ive noticed the difference

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Just discovered another insidious side to this withdrawal recovery thing.

I'm home alone, which is a trigger to the anxiety. And I just found myself saying "I'm safe" while self-talking through it.

And I realized, I say that a lot during anxiety self-talk during withdrawal recovery. And not only if I am alone. I say it to myself at work, at church, at family gatherings, at the grocery store.

But here's the thing - of course I am safe. Worrying about my safety under normal conditions is just not a thing for me. Never has been.

Heck, for that matter, neither is constant anxiety - or any anxiety at all for that matter.

These drugs are just evil.

SJ