SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

IV nutrient therapy or Myers cocktail

powerback

hi everyone,i am wondering has anyone ever tried nutrient therapy ,I  meself am researching this and i believe I need to do this badly .

I would never negate anyone else's suffering  but I am desperate ,I am cracking up ,I am loosing my mind and I am not able to relax , my nightmares are worse than my reality,I have rested when I have too but my depression I believe is at a serious dangerous level and there's no way humans can exist at this level of suffering .

When I get it done I look forward to tell u about it .

total respect to everyone .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Mentor

no clue if that would help, but I wanted to say I'm sorry you are suffering.

try to take it just one minute at time, you can get thru this.

I know it's awful but the symptoms are signs that your brain is doing the hard work of healing.

it means that your brain WORKS the way it is supposed to. It will heal itself.
You WILL feel better, you can count on that!

gentle cyber hugs coming your way

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

hi catnap thanks for your warmth and caring words ,you would make an angry mans hearth melt :D .

I would think I'm healing if I wasn't on the drug .I reinstated after just 16 days of only 2 beads out .

I have great support around me but I'm nearly non functional and the fact I wont ever trust or go near a doctor for the rest of my life means my mind is left open to good natural ways to recover .I wont even take a Xanax for relief .I'm close to going off the drug cold turkey ,[totally not advised I know].

my concentration and confusion are at a worrying level and I'm  becoming non social. 

peace and care to you all

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I have had Myer's throughout WD,  and had been doing so for almost 2 years prior to beginning tapering. It was beneficial for me. I originally started taking them for chronic fatigue and muscle pain. In WD, they did seem to help me relax and also, give more energy. The last few times I had them, there was no perceivable impact, so it's been awhile since I tried one. But depending on how sensitive your nervous system is, it could be a problem. That's always an important consideration, as what we try can also easily backfire. My naturopath varied the contents, based on symptoms--something I feel was important. 

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

I have had Myer's throughout WD,  and had been doing so for almost 2 years prior to beginning tapering. It was beneficial for me. I originally started taking them for chronic fatigue and muscle pain. In WD, they did seem to help me relax and also, give more energy. The last few times I had them, there was no perceivable impact, so it's been awhile since I tried one. But depending on how sensitive your nervous system is, it could be a problem. That's always an important consideration, as what we try can also easily backfire. My naturopath varied the contents, based on symptoms--something I feel was important. 

Hi freespirit thanks for the heads up and information. I found a place that charge €270 seems expensive .I have fatigue and muscle pain with headaches ,ile keep researching,i couldn't stomach paying that if it doesn't work .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Powerback, I should have mentioned that the naturopath told me it's quite common that after a period of time, the meyer's seems to be not as effective. He was quite surprised that I got benefit for as long as I did--it was a period of several years. He used to charge a lot less for them than he does now. I think I was paying $75 CDN for the visit and infusion. It's double that now, so yes, I think twice about trying something that hasn't worked that well more recently. But they did definitely help a lot when they were working. 

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Powerback, I should have mentioned that the naturopath told me it's quite common that after a period of time, the meyer's seems to be not as effective. He was quite surprised that I got benefit for as long as I did--it was a period of several years. He used to charge a lot less for them than he does now. I think I was paying $75 CDN for the visit and infusion. It's double that now, so yes, I think twice about trying something that hasn't worked that well more recently. But they did definitely help a lot when they were working. 

hi freespirit thanks for the help and advice ,in a window tonight listening to music so that will  do for the time being :) 

take care

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy