• Administrator

Hello, Jennifer.

How much Wellbutrin XL are you taking, and at what time of day?

How much fish oil and magnesium do you take, and when?

What is your "anxiety" like? Is it worse or better at any times of day? How about the "depression"?

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

Can you get at least 30 minutes of gentle exercise, such as walking, every day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jennifer78

• coldturkmama

• SkyBlue

• MollyN

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending you hugs and prayers, Jennifer.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

Hello, Jennifer.

How much Wellbutrin XL are you taking, and at what time of day?

How much fish oil and magnesium do you take, and when?

What is your "anxiety" like? Is it worse or better at any times of day? How about the "depression"?

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

Can you get at least 30 minutes of gentle exercise, such as walking, every day?

I take 450mg of Wellbutrin XL around 8am. Fish oil is 2,000mg a day. I take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. I'm not taking magnesium. My anxiety comes & goes. I do ok until I read something that triggers it or if I'm feeling hopeless about ever getting better. Dr Shipko not helping & the post under Iggy131313 didn't help either. Ugh! Why do I read that stuff! Altostrata, can you delete all the negative stuff off the internet? LOL! The depression I've been feeling is almost a continuous feeling. It's scaring the daylight out of me! I've talked with a few people on here that gives me hope and then I see something awful and all that hope goes flying out the window. I've been trying to focus on success stories but some of those aren't to promising. I just can't believe I feel this bad from stopping those meds & I never felt this bad even when I started taking them. I was just under some stress and I went & seen a nurse practitioner & that's where this all began. I do make myself keep busy with gentle exercise and hanging with friends or running errands. I take care of my little Goddaughter on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. She's 1. If you have anymore questions or words of wisdom I'm more than grateful to answer them or take any hope you have for me. Thanks so much for your time!!

Trazodone 100mg stopped November 2016

Lamictal 200mg stopped November 2016

Celexa 40mg stopped 12-01-16

Abilify 10mg stopped 12-01-16

Wellbutrin XL stopped 6-14-18

I have been on some type of meds for @ least 15 years.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Your worrying is likely making things worse. When we have thoughts that worry or stress is our body actually experiences physical reactions, eg affects heart, etc. And our nervous symptoms revs up. Try to live in the present and not worry what might happen.

Madeleine-You are right! It's just an awful feeling not knowing what the future holds for me mentally.

The heart palpitations in times of anxiety are ridiculous! I've read the book The Power of Now, I think that's the name of it.

Jennifer.

How are you getting on now? I see you were on abilify. Are you off it completely now? Other than anxiety and depression, how are you feeling?

Dec 2016 Risperidone 1 mg, Seroquel 25mg, Latuda 40mg 

Jan - Mar 2017 Paliperidone (invega) 6 -9mg, Zoloft, Mirtazapine, Proprananol, Ativan

Mar - Apr 2017 Aripiprazole (abilify) 10 mg

Apr 2017 - July 2017 Olanzapine (zyprexa) 5 mg tapered to 0mg

Oct 2017 - Present Effexor 37.5mg and Prozac 10mg 

Your worrying is likely making things worse. When we have thoughts that worry or stress is our body actually experiences physical reactions, eg affects heart, etc. And our nervous symptoms revs up. Try to live in the present and not worry what might happen.

Madeleine-You are right! It's just an awful feeling not knowing what the future holds for me mentally.

The heart palpitations in times of anxiety are ridiculous! I've read the book The Power of Now, I think that's the name of it.

Jennifer.

How are you getting on now? I see you were on abilify. Are you off it completely now? Other than anxiety and depression, how are you feeling?

Plshelp...I'm taking this day by day.

Yeah, I stopped 10mg Abilify cold turkey on 12-01-16.

I'm ok. I just pray that this emotional stuff gets way better and I get joy and happiness, that natural sense of well being back. I have awful thoughts sometimes, like about absolute worrying about everything that might be considered anxiety but I'm not a Dr so I don't know if that's part of anxiety or some other ridiculous symptom that comes with withdrawals. Other than that I think all the other symptoms are gone for now. I don't really understand the windows/waves pattern so that's why I say there gone for now. I don't know if they'll come back?

Were/are you on Abilify? I'll check out your thread.

Thanks for checking in with me. I really do appreciate it!!

Jennifer

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Administrator

I take 450mg of Wellbutrin XL around 8am. Fish oil is 2,000mg a day. I take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. I'm not taking magnesium. My anxiety comes & goes. I do ok until I read something that triggers it or if I'm feeling hopeless about ever getting better. Dr Shipko not helping & the post under Iggy131313 didn't help either. Ugh! Why do I read that stuff! Altostrata, can you delete all the negative stuff off the internet? LOL! The depression I've been feeling is almost a continuous feeling. It's scaring the daylight out of me! I've talked with a few people on here that gives me hope and then I see something awful and all that hope goes flying out the window. I've been trying to focus on success stories but some of those aren't to promising. I just can't believe I feel this bad from stopping those meds & I never felt this bad even when I started taking them. I was just under some stress and I went & seen a nurse practitioner & that's where this all began. I do make myself keep busy with gentle exercise and hanging with friends or running errands. I take care of my little Goddaughter on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. She's 1. If you have anymore questions or words of wisdom I'm more than grateful to answer them or take any hope you have for me. Thanks so much for your time!!

Hi, Jennifer.

Have you tried magnesium? It can help with anxiety.

Read these topics about fish oil and magnesium. Often, you need to take 6 capsules or more of fish oil to make a difference.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

When do you get anxious? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

What do you mean by "depression"? How is your sleep?

Why were you put on each of these drugs initially?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi, Jennifer.

Read these topics about fish oil and magnesium. Often, you need to take 6 capsules or more of fish oil to make a difference.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

When do you get anxious? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

Altostrata-I haven't tried magnesium yet. I'm scared to try anything new. Is it something I will have to taper off of or is it something I should take long term? I will up my fish oil intake.

My anxiety is as soon as I get up and usually last till late evening but not always. Some days it comes & goes. Of course when I'm worrying about something it's there. I seem to worry about anything & everything. Is this a normal part of withdrawals? I do keep track of my days. I take Wellbutrin XL 450mg everyday @ 8am.

Depression-sadness and crying. Hopelessness. Loss of interest in most things. I just don't feel good or like myself. Like I'm stuck here in this depression/anxiety and I'm not going to come out of it? I know people tell me different but I'm just saying that's how I feel.

Sleep-I usually get around 5-6 hours. Once in awhile it's around 4 hours.

I was started on an SSRI because I was stressed and one of my friends suggested it. I would tell the Dr that I would feel fatigued and he would up the dose or add another med. I would tell him my Grandmother passed away and he would up the dose or add another med. Just usual conversations he would up the dose or add another med. He would say "well your meds need upped or changed sometimes because they stop working as well as they did & you won't feel as stressed" oh and that "I probably have a chemical imbalance"

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

Thinking of you, Jennifer. <3 I do believe you will gain your natural sense of well-being back. <3 God has a plan for our lives. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Hi, Jennifer.

Altostrata-I haven't tried magnesium yet. I'm scared to try anything new. Is it something I will have to taper off of or is it something I should take long term? I will up my fish oil intake.

My anxiety is as soon as I get up and usually last till late evening but not always. Some days it comes & goes. Of course when I'm worrying about something it's there. I seem to worry about anything & everything. Is this a normal part of withdrawals? I do keep track of my days. I take Wellbutrin XL 450mg everyday @ 8am.

Depression-sadness and crying. Hopelessness. Loss of interest in most things. I just don't feel good or like myself. Like I'm stuck here in this depression/anxiety and I'm not going to come out of it? I know people tell me different but I'm just saying that's how I feel.

Sleep-I usually get around 5-6 hours. Once in awhile it's around 4 hours.

I was started on an SSRI because I was stressed and one of my friends suggested it. I would tell the Dr that I would feel fatigued and he would up the dose or add another med. I would tell him my Grandmother passed away and he would up the dose or add another med. Just usual conversations he would up the dose or add another med. He would say "well your meds need upped or changed sometimes because they stop working as well as they did & you won't feel as stressed" oh and that "I probably have a chemical imbalance"

Jennifer.

I am on olanzapine.

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety .that doesn't sound like very much fun .it might be withdrawals,in which case I hope it gets better. Have you noticed it lifting at all?

Dec 2016 Risperidone 1 mg, Seroquel 25mg, Latuda 40mg 

Jan - Mar 2017 Paliperidone (invega) 6 -9mg, Zoloft, Mirtazapine, Proprananol, Ativan

Mar - Apr 2017 Aripiprazole (abilify) 10 mg

Apr 2017 - July 2017 Olanzapine (zyprexa) 5 mg tapered to 0mg

Oct 2017 - Present Effexor 37.5mg and Prozac 10mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Plshelp-- it definitely sounds like the anxiety is WD because earlier you mentioned that you've never felt this way either before the drug or on the drug. That is a huge indicator. And that means that there is a lot of hope. :)

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

Hello everyone....just wanted to drop in & say I've been off the meds except Wellbutrin for 6 months today. I'm going to give it my best to keep walking forward though this. God Bless!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Jennifer -- that is a milestone. I am so glad you are on this journey toward better health and freedom and I'm glad we're on the journey together. Hugs!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Good work, Jennifer!  We will all make it.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hello everyone-I'm needing some help to figure out what is going on? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

My husband and I went through a rough patch over 3 years ago. I thought I was ok & moved on from it. Well let me tell you I don't know what in the world is going on but here lately it's all I can think about and I've been sinking into a deeper depression over it. I don't understand why now it's bothering me so much? I've talked to my husband about the way I've been feeling/thinking & of course it's breaking his heart because we thought we were past it. Is this a neuro-emotion thing or what? I just feel absolutely hopeless and I don't know what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Hello everyone-I'm needing some help to figure out what is going on? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

My husband and I went through a rough patch over 3 years ago. I thought I was ok & moved on from it. Well let me tell you I don't know what in the world is going on but here lately it's all I can think about and I've been sinking into a deeper depression over it. I don't understand why now it's bothering me so much? I've talked to my husband about the way I've been feeling/thinking & of course it's breaking his heart because we thought we were past it. Is this a neuro-emotion thing or what? I just feel absolutely hopeless and I don't know what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Take this as a blessing, Jennifer! Use it as a time to reassure each other of your love and commitment, and of the power of forgiveness. This is called a "hard mercy" - the devil and the neuro-emotions mean it for harm, but it is actually an opportunity to clear out some cobwebs and firm up your position.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

Maybe also try to spend a few minutes every day making a list of all the things you are grateful for in your relationship and list all the good points about your husband.  Focus on positives and that might help push out negative thoughts. 

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

I just don't know what to think about any of this anymore or if it's even worth it?

I thought I was doing ok a couple weeks ago but I guess that was false and here I am feeling pretty much despair/depression.

I've tried every piece of advice I have been given. I'm so sick and tired of trying to struggle through this. My husband sees the sadness in me even if I try to fake it so he doesn't worry. It's so draining trying to keep my head above water and push forward. I'm so scared of what is to come in my future. I know everyone had trials in life but this is beyond that.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Jennifer, I have taken the time to read your thread. Please do not despair. This is a very hard PROCESS, that being said, it IS a PROCESS. It is very hard Jen but NOT impossible!!!

I took am on Wellbutrin. I was on the XL tab for 8.5 years when I began my (too fast, I'll adviised) taper. I crashed and to be honest, it is as though I CT and yet, I was never completely off the drug. My point in telling you this is: TIME and HOLDING, they are critical. At the advice of our Mods, I did a bit of an updose and am waiting for good and steady before I can even begin to taper one day. I too have been at this for many months. The key: stay the course!!!

Accepting where we are is a moment by moment work. Of course, we all want to feel better and have our lives back yesterday. That is not a reality right now.

Jennifer, we are moving in that direction with each passing moment of each hour, of each day of each week of every month that goes by!!! My friend, we must continue to let that go. The past. The future, even though it doesn't seem or feel like it, is going to be good!!! We are healing Jen, healing is happening in the waves!!!! This is what is happening in the waves. Our CNS is working very hard to bring balance and in ITS own time, your body's perfect timing, it will happen. We hold onto the HOPE of our healing and brighter days to come. Believe me, I know as do all of our peers, the waves can be agonizing. Molly has talked of strategies to help ease these wavey times and they do help. For me, I am completely reliant first on the sustaining Grace of the Lord God in heaven and I work the strategies over and over!!!!

You know what might be helpful is Claire Weekes and her process of working with anxiety. This you can listen to on u tube. She and Baylissa Frederick have been also helpful to me. Jen, now is the time to take good care of yourself. We are forced to do this in WD. When I first learned what was happening to me, wow, there is so much going on as far as emotions. We have to let go of our lives as we knew them for now. This is a temporary change in the schedule. But, as you and I have heard over and over, It IS TEMPORARY!!! How long? Unknown. Will it get better? I am COUNTING on this truth.

So Jen, hold on, strap yourself in, we are on the ride, we must Day by day, no matter the struggle, learn to be in it, the Process of recovery!!!! We will recover ourselves day by day. Easy does it. Go gentle on Jennifer. Her body is working very hard to sort it all out!!! (((( hugs)))).

Edited by scallywag
insert paragraph breaks
  • Moderator Emeritus

Jennifer, yes, withdrawal is definitely above and beyond "normal" ups and downs. 

I'm concerned about your post -- you sound like you're not doing well (which is understandable) -- we need to make sure you're safe.

Do you have safety plan if needed?

There are resources listed on this site (crisis lines etc.) 

Please hang in there. Please let us know how you are doing.

Triplem15, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I don't know why in the world I'm feeling so bad this last week. It's like no matter what I do I can't find my way out of it. It just takes all my hope and tosses it out the window.

I was telling Sarah that how do you know it's withdrawals or if this is me? I thought it's been 6 months surely things will move forward not backwards. This is why I try not to post to much and just read because I don't want to cause fear to anyone who reads my thread. I don't want newer people feeling scared about reading stuff as I do. Sometimes I just feel that I need some advice from folks on here. I've talked with Baylissa on the phone when I was about 3 months into this journey. She really did help but like I said when I feel like this all that information poof gone.

Thanks again Triplem15!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

It's very hard because it's a two steps forward, three back sort of process. When you feel bad you don't remember what it's like to feel good.

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Hi Jen. Cold turkey mama is right. The healing isn't linear. Try to imagine your CNS as a rubix cube Jen. You know, the correction in one direction then puts out if direction another area. This is how it works, then, that corrects itself over time and it forces a bit of an upset in the other areas. This is why I think it is not linear healing Jen. Eventually, the rubix cube figures it out. But this is a varied and often slow process. The CNS is working for us every moment. Doesn't matter if we see it or not, it is still doing so. The CNS is so complex Jen.

Now, this is not the real you. I don't know you but I feel quite confident in saying this just on my experiences felt with all of this. Jen, even though we all change through the years, our basic personality and traits pretty much stay what we are. Even though you have matured to age 39 years, look back at Jen prior to all of the meds. See the young lady there. This is a young Jen with limited life experiences but there she is. This is you. The loss of your grandmother was traumatic to your spirit and soul. You loved her. That grieving young lady was OK and the real Jen. WD plays tricks on us Jen. How? Because we live in real time. What we are living now is our experience for the present. It is hard but Jen, these waves leave us feeling very vulnerable and also believing this is who we are. This is where we have to work at being mindful and telling ourselves the truth. This is WD me but not my inner, real me. We will reclaim our true selves over time with the healing. We hear this over and over again. We would be wise to grasp ahold of this and hold on tight with everything we have!!! We must learn to be in this difficult process by ALLOWING it to be what it is. Look up allowing and read aloud the definition. Also acceptance. If we must remind ourselves of this 20 million times a day, so be it, then we do!!!

No timeline Jen. We need to let go of timelines as hard as this is. Our CNS will recover at their own pace. They were masterfully created to do so. They will!!! We are learning Jennifer, to listen to and to respect our bodies. These are our earthen vessels and yet our temples. We shall learn to care for and honor them. Even through this difficult PROCESS. God bless you. Rest in Him. He has us Jennifer. He really does.

On 6/6/2017 at 11:55 AM, triplem15 said:

Hi Jen. Cold turkey mama is right. The healing isn't linear. Try to imagine your CNS as a rubix cube Jen. You know, the correction in one direction then puts out if direction another area. This is how it works, then, that corrects itself over time and it forces a bit of an upset in the other areas. This is why I think it is not linear healing Jen. Eventually, the rubix cube figures it out. But this is a varied and often slow process. The CNS is working for us every moment. Doesn't matter if we see it or not, it is still doing so. The CNS is so complex Jen.

Now, this is not the real you. I don't know you but I feel quite confident in saying this just on my experiences felt with all of this. Jen, even though we all change through the years, our basic personality and traits pretty much stay what we are. Even though you have matured to age 39 years, look back at Jen prior to all of the meds. See the young lady there. This is a young Jen with limited life experiences but there she is. This is you. The loss of your grandmother was traumatic to your spirit and soul. You loved her. That grieving young lady was OK and the real Jen. WD plays tricks on us Jen. How? Because we live in real time. What we are living now is our experience for the present. It is hard but Jen, these waves leave us feeling very vulnerable and also believing this is who we are. This is where we have to work at being mindful and telling ourselves the truth. This is WD me but not my inner, real me. We will reclaim our true selves over time with the healing. We hear this over and over again. We would be wise to grasp ahold of this and hold on tight with everything we have!!! We must learn to be in this difficult process by ALLOWING it to be what it is. Look up allowing and read aloud the definition. Also acceptance. If we must remind ourselves of this 20 million times a day, so be it, then we do!!!

No timeline Jen. We need to let go of timelines as hard as this is. Our CNS will recover at their own pace. They were masterfully created to do so. They will!!! We are learning Jennifer, to listen to and to respect our bodies. These are our earthen vessels and yet our temples. We shall learn to care for and honor them. Even through this difficult PROCESS. God bless you. Rest in Him. He has us Jennifer. He really does.

Triplem15-thanks so much for the encouragement! 

I think this is absolutely absurd. Here we are trying to get better and healthy and seriously this is what happens. I am just astonished how these meds continue to have this effect on me 6 months later. 

I'm reading a book by Charles Stanley called Waiting on God. I feel Mr Stanley wrote this book specifically for me. It's giving me some hope. Strength for today and hope for tomorrow! 

GOD BLESS! 🙏

16 hours ago, Jennifer78 said:

I'm reading a book by Charles Stanley called Waiting on God. I feel Mr Stanley wrote this book specifically for me. It's giving me some hope. Strength for today and hope for tomorrow! 

I will have to read that one! At the beginning of recovery, I read his book "How To Let God Solve Your Problems." I think it helped immensely!

SJ

On 6/9/2017 at 8:20 AM, ShakeyJerr said:

I will have to read that one! At the beginning of recovery, I read his book "How To Let God Solve Your Problems." I think it helped immensely!

SJ

SJ

I went to the book store Saturday and ordered that book you recommend. They didn't have it in stock so it's being shipped to my house. Thank you & God bless!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

On 19.5.2017 at 4:32 PM, Jennifer78 said:

I don't understand why I would have it permanently? I've never experienced dysthymia(depression) till I went off meds. I'm so full of anxiety now. This is heart wrenching!

hi Jennifer, 

I just scrolled through your thread. I am

sorry that you are in the midst of this hell. But I can assure you, things will get better! Whatever symptoms you did not have pre-meds will pass with time! it's a very "good thing" that you did not habe this before, you can be sure that it is WD-related. I know, everything you want to know is WHEN it's going and specially because this situation is so unbearable that every day seems like forever. Healing really is different for everyone. And I habe to say that most take longer than we want to (as you said in one of your post) and I also know that's scary but id you think about it this way: During that time of healing you are cleansing your system of these pills.. you're giving your brain and body a new chance. All you can do is to be as calm, patient and kind to yourself as possible. You owe it to yourself:))) 

For me, it took about 6-8 months for experience a relief of symptoms for a longer window. Now it's a typical pattern of waves ans windows- but there's definitely an overall improvement (being able to work again, train to a certain amount, sleep, etc.). I will be 2 years off in September. I'd say I am 50-60% healed. But who knows, maybe the remaining 50 will come quicker;) 

It will happen for you too! Just don't give up! Don't go back to meds if there's any way to avoid it!! you're doing the healthiest way for the long run! 

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

5 minutes ago, Pepita said:

hi Jennifer, 

I just scrolled through your thread. I am

sorry that you are in the midst of this hell. But I can assure you, things will get better! Whatever symptoms you did not have pre-meds will pass with time! it's a very "good thing" that you did not habe this before, you can be sure that it is WD-related. I know, everything you want to know is WHEN it's going and specially because this situation is so unbearable that every day seems like forever. Healing really is different for everyone. And I habe to say that most take longer than we want to (as you said in one of your post) and I also know that's scary but id you think about it this way: During that time of healing you are cleansing your system of these pills.. you're giving your brain and body a new chance. All you can do is to be as calm, patient and kind to yourself as possible. You owe it to yourself:))) 

For me, it took about 6-8 months for experience a relief of symptoms for a longer window. Now it's a typical pattern of waves ans windows- but there's definitely an overall improvement (being able to work again, train to a certain amount, sleep, etc.). I will be 2 years off in September. I'd say I am 50-60% healed. But who knows, maybe the remaining 50 will come quicker;) 

It will happen for you too! Just don't give up! Don't go back to meds if there's any way to avoid it!! you're doing the healthiest way for the long run! 

Pepita-Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm just so tired of feeling sad and crying all the time. Goodness, I just pray for my joy and happiness to come back! 

GOD BLESS! 🙏

39 minutes ago, Jennifer78 said:

Pepita-Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm just so tired of feeling sad and crying all the time. Goodness, I just pray for my joy and happiness to come back! 

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!!! it is very very exhausting going through all of this! it helped me a lot to sleep 1 hour every day to take a break. mostly around 13-14 pm. Sometimes I just wept, sometimes I got weird anxious dreams but all in all it helped to give my system a rest every day because even if we are not doing anything, our system is going through so much! 

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jennifer:

Please put your 450 mg Wellbutrin dosage in your signature so that we can see it everywhere you post.

You wrote:

I was telling Sarah that how do you know it's withdrawals or if this is me? 

Is it withdrawal or relapse? Or something else? 

You wrote:

I've talked to my husband about the way I've been feeling/thinking & of course it's breaking his heart because we thought we were past it. Is this a neuro-emotion thing or what?

Shakey's answer is excellent.  I've heard from old timers here that neuroemotions - and the waves of withdrawal - can sweep through old traumas.

Sometimes they get sticky and stuck in those places - but it's like we have to learn whatever that is before we can move on.  It's a healing process.  

Sometimes the neuro-emotions (because they are caused by chemicals, after all) - just get stuck in rumination, and you have to change the channel.  The brain is created to produce thoughts - and if you are having strong emotional states, the brain fixates on thoughts that seem to "mesh" with those emotional states.

You are going to have to learn - am I learning something new from this?  Or is it just a broken record, going over and over the same material?  The latter is ruminating on neuro-emotion, and the cycle needs to be broken.

Shakey's suggestion to write about gratitude is an awesome way to proceed.  Our minds remember 6 negatives for every positive that we remember.  That means we need to put 6x more positives out there just to balance it out.  7x is even better, and starts to move things in a better direction.

I've found that gratitude work is extremely helpful for getting through rough times.  I'm thankful I have my teeth.  I'm thankful sometimes for each breath I take.  I'm grateful for warm socks, and I need to tell my husband more often that I appreciate him.

To not express that gratitude to your spouse becomes a slippery slope of "taking for granted."

You know - in withdrawal - that nothing is to be taken for granted.  Tell him so, and tell him how, and how much.

Each time I express gratitude, I find that a tiny door opens, and there, waiting, is another thing that I can appreciate.  So - in appreciating my warm socks, my dinner tastes better.  In appreciating my husband, my cat looks cuter.  They don't seem to be related - but it's about opening the door for what you enjoy.

I hope you see the sun today!  (yes, I found that gentle walks in daylight helped my mood immensely)

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, just wanted to check in. 

Tomorrow will be 7 months off the meds. 

Still the same situation, deep dark depression and some anxiety. Insomnia back.

I'm really trying to be hopeful that I will be happy again. I'm really hoping next time I check in it will be better report.

God Bless!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

7 months is a triumph! I bet if you gave it some prayerful thought, you will find things to be thankful for that have changed inyour favor over these months.

I'm praying for you!

SJ

3 hours ago, ShakeyJerr said:

7 months is a triumph! I bet if you gave it some prayerful thought, you will find things to be thankful for that have changed inyour favor over these months.

I'm praying for you!

SJ

Thank you so much for your prayers SJ! I continue to keep you in my prayers also.

God Bless!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jennifer,

Just stopping by to give you a big hug -- you are definitely due for a window. I hope it will come any day or any minute now. This site is full of people who have healed or are healing. 

<<<<hugs<<3

I just wanted some information to see if it's normal that I haven't experienced a window & it's been 7 months? 

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Happy 4th of July! 

God Bless!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

There are different patterns of windows and waves. Some people do not experience what they would consider a window for many months. It's rotten that you're finding yourself a member of that group. Please know that windows do open and that you WILL recover.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet