Hi all!iam new to this site also new on antipsycotics. i believe you do great work about helping people from what i saw until now and i would like to say my problem to see if someone has experienced it and how can i possible deal with it.ok lets start 

recently my mother had an appoinment with her psyc doctor about me to talk about some issues.the days before that i did a minimun dose of MDMA .when i was on the docs office i started feeling fear and i said to him everything about what drugs i tried in the past.i was unable to conCetrate or talk normally i was feeling intense fear and panic for something bad will happen.the doctor said that iam on a psycosis episode and he told my mother that he needs to hospitalize me and to investigate what is happening to me.he prescribed me zyprexa about 10mg a day and after 3 days i went in to start the "therapy".the 1st days was ok the doctors was asking me things (for only 15-20 min a day) and i was really thinking that is a way to do good to myself cause i didnt knew.

now the bad part begins.

in day 10-12 on zyprexa i noticed changes in my breast  start to grow but i didnt gave so much weight cause i was eating like a beast.then i started feeling like i could not have sex at all.i said these things to doctors and they were like "oh you might have that but they will go away".then i asked to stop the "therapy" but the doctor said he can not let me go out cause he thought i have an episode or something.my mother agreed and they kept me 5 more days in against  my will.i refused to take anymore the zyprexa pill so they convinced me to take invega instead for 3 days.i took it cause i was something weird was goin on inside my head and i was convinced i need the pill cause iam mentally ill.anyway from that day i knew that keeping me in  against my will and giving meds  is illegal and the only thing i want was to go out  and stop the pills(extremely difficult).at least i did it i went out of there but on the 17 day with a lot of pressure

SO it might be a short time(21 days zyprexa and invega)taking that pills but

i noticed these symptoms and i want your help (ITS BEEN A MONTH IAM OUT OF THESE DRUGS )BUT STILL HAVE THOSE SYMPTOMS 

my breast grew (not noticable from others but i believe that is the start of man boob thing)

i have no libido 

lack of motivation 

lack of concentration 

anhedonia 

muscle stiffness

some tremors on muscle still 

anhedonia

depression more than ever

feeling like a zombie 

lying in a bed all day

suicidal thinking

i want you  to focus on the breast enlargement (man boob thing) and and the sexual dusfuntion  

am i have to be like this forever?anyone had gone through it ?

also i have to say that i did hormonal test and my prolactin levels was back to normal and the testosterone levels was good too  but my breast is still bigger and my libido and my sex drive is still messed up.

i now that is not a serious thing to talk about but i need help and iam despaired i dont know what to do my parents and doctors dont believe me about all these things.

also dont forget to say iam a mucisian iam playing drums and have a lot of interest on sports like skate and football.its like i lost my skills my interest i cant listen to music like i did and i cerntailny believe my legs are damaged due to the movement disorders

now iam stucked in home crying and do nothing only searcing for other cases like me to  reliefe the pain 

HELP I THINK MY LIFE SCREWED FOR EVER NOT LOVE MY SELFE ANYMORE ETC AND ALL THAT FOR 20  DAYS 

thank you for listening me 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenities x 2
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hades, welcome to SA.  thank you for introducing yourself. 

Are you in hospital ? 

It will be good to get to know you when you are ready to tell us more about yourself. 

We will help in any way we can, I hope you are ok. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

hi mammap 

no i went out and stopped the medication about 1 month ago 

iam ready to tell you whatever you need 

can you help me with my issues?

thanks for listening 

Hi all 

iam new to this site and new to antipsycotics 

i recently had an episode and hospitalized and forced to take zyprexa. i took it for 20 days and 3 days invega 

i noticed these symptoms :

my breast grew (not noticable from others but i believe that is the start of man boob thing)

i have no libido 

lack of motivation 

lack of concentration 

anhedonia 

muscle stiffness

anhedonia

feeling like a zombie 

lying in a bed all day

suicidal thinking

ITS BEEN a month iam out of that **** and still have the most of these symptoms 

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!???does anyone know something about that AND if they ever go away..?

Lot of thanks

Hi Hades,

Yes, you will get better.

You can see my signature. I beared a hell , still bearing... but i assure you ll get better.

I know the side effects you mentioned,

they tortured me too like hell with any comment coming on your masculinity when you already going through a lot.

People here are very kindful. Go with magnesium and Omega 3 to help u a bit.

I can go with magnesium better now, nothing suited me earlier. Its time and healing

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

I know that Olanzapine make body secrete Prolactin and increases the issues. I had the issue.

But with my advice - if you are off medications - and feeling withdrawals which you mentioned... please let that issue ignored...

I have posted sth similar few days back...

survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9214-which-doctor-got-you-started-on-psych-meds/page-2

Edited by bhasski

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.

About the supplements, I have not found much success yet. But as most people got helped with magnesium and Omega-3.

Magnesium and its salt(epsom) help calm and helps in insomnia.

Omega-3 are fat restores which help making withdrawals lighter like zaps.

Brain needs omega-3 fats normally.. in withdrawals extra supplementation helped people.

I have a tried a stack. But its you have to recover... so try these.

08/13 - 01/14

02/14 - 05/14
11/14 - 08/15

• Administrator

Hello, Hades.

If you've been off the drug for a month with no apparent withdrawal symptoms, you'll have to stay calm while your body corrects itself. This can be very gradual and frustrating over many months.

It will help your nervous system recover if you can stop worrying, stop panicking, treat your nervous system gently, and calmly make yourself healthy.

Fish oil and magnesium can help your system recover, see 

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Try a little of each one at a time to see how it affects you.

Needless to say, if I were you, I would not experiment with any street drugs for a long, long time. I would also avoid alcohol and minimize caffeine, sugar, and artificial flavorings.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hades,

There are many possibilities and also a one it get corrected by itself once you get your hormones back.

For me, its the issue prior to meds, and medications made it worse. People are different- stressors, genes, habits and food cause this issue more.

I was told by the doctor when I mentioned the issue to stay calm. And thats what I tried remain.

Meds like zyprexa are like adding NOS to this car.

08/13 - 01/14

02/14 - 05/14
11/14 - 08/15

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hades, I have no idea what happened, when I replied to your first post only the first paragraph was there, up to where it said 'now the bad part begins'! 

You will get better, your body will return to normal but it will take time. You need to take good care of yourself. Do some things that you enjoy. Walk barefoot on the beach, or in a forest or wood. Listen to birds sing and to music. Eat good simple food. It is important to be careful what you say to people so they do not thnk you are psychotic and take you back to hospital. They do not understand that drugs caused this. 

The effects will be reversed,  let us know how you are getting along and tell us about anything nice that happens. It is important to talk about the nioce things, even if they are very small.  It helps you to focus on postive things and makes it easier to get through the days. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

thank you for your positive thoughts.although iam very concerned cause i read that some issues may remain on the body especially the breast enlargement/i did hormonal tests the prolactine is low but the boobs are still bigger.the weird thing about that is that i took the med only for 20 days and all the endocrinologic doctors i went they told me that prolactine cant go high and drop so low in only one month.so if my prolactine didnt increased so much how did my breast got bigger?am i so unlucky or what?

can help?did you had similar stories?have you heard for people's normal breast ccame back?

thank you a lot for helpin me 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenities x 2

Hi Hades,

I saw that you had visited my profile. I was on zyprexa for 14 years, but didn't get boobs. You may want to look at some of the profiles on here of men who took Risperdal or risperdone. that drug is also known to cause breast growth in men. when I took zyprexa I developed a huge belly when I used to be very thin. I gained 70 lbs. I used to have to keep cookies, chocolate, donuts, ice cream sandwiches in the kitchen just to have a reason to get out of bed. I also slept all the time. 14-16 hours a day. I just went from my bed to the couch and back to the bed for 8 years. I almost never left my apartment.

Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Hades - 

i did a minimun dose of MDMA .when i was on the docs office i started feeling fear and i said to him everything about what drugs i tried in the past.i was unable to conCetrate or talk normally i was feeling intense fear and panic for something bad will happen.the doctor said that iam on a psycosis episode

You cannot diagnose a reaction to a drug as a "mental illness."  It is a reaction to a drug.  Further - what Alto said about street drugs is especially dangerous with "MDMA" or "Molly" or "E"  In order to increase street value - the labs have taken some toxic shortcuts with this drug, making it one of the more dangerous drugs to experiment with:  http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/22/health/9-things-molly-drug/

I know that there are campaigns to offer test kits for purity at raves - which the Powers that Be don't like because they think it "encourages drug use," but instead - the lack of test kits - is causing a lot of reactions, dehydration, and ambulance calls, emergencies, and even deaths.

There are 2 tests - one to test for MDMA, and another to test for toxic substance (but not all of them).  Using all tests (yes, 4 tests for one little pill!) only reduces your risk of getting "bad drug," it does not eliminate it.   https://dancesafe.org/testing-kit-instructions/

Most of the "Molly" on the street isn't even MDMA.  Ugly.

Then there's the studies done in the 90's about MDMA, neurotransmitters, and cognitive impairment.  And that was PURE MDMA.  

NOTE:  Cannabis is a bad idea at this time, too, as the neurotransmitters it affects can bring on symptoms for you, and will slow your healing time.  Alcohol, too = bad idea, harmful.  

also dont forget to say iam a mucisian iam playing drums and have a lot of interest on sports like skate and football.its like i lost my skills my interest i cant listen to music like i did and i cerntailny believe my legs are damaged due to the movement disorders

This will get better with time and practice.  Practice your drums, your sports, even if your heart is not in it - or practice something totally new. 

It will get better, now that you are off the drug (and even if you reinstate a tiny amount, it will get better)

no i went out and stopped the medication about 1 month ago 

Because of the man-breasts, the muscle disorders, it's probably not a good idea to reinstate this drug.  It reacts in your hormonal system too quickly.

There are also no other drugs which will "cover up" the withdrawals from this one.

So the most important thing is for you to learn:  Non Drug Techniques for Coping with Emotional Symptoms

magnusium and omega 3 are to restore what?

Please read here about these excellent supplements.  Magnesium is in over 200-300 cascades in the brain and body, and is very relaxing - excellent for muscle tension, sleeping, and restlessness.  Fish oil - is anti-inflammatory, helps "lubricate" the neurons, and feeds the brain to help heal and rebuild.

Because you cold turkey'd your drug - you may have some strong symptoms.  Some people say that Niacin helps with their "intrusive" symptoms, like voices, sticky thoughts, weird thinking, wild dreams - or dreamlessness.  Vitamin B3 (niacin, niacinamide)

Get yourself a balance board, and start working on that.  It will help with your body/mind coordination, and help retrain your brain - it will help tell your brain, "HEY! I want to DO STUFF!"  Swiss balls are good workouts, too, as is yoga and tai chi.  Walking is one of the best ways to heal - the tick-tock of left-right steps helps balance left and right hemispheres, and improves the connectivity of your brain.

Additionally, walking can take you out into sunshine - or to the beach (as Mamma suggested) - or around the neighborhood where you can look at gardens, at parks to watch people and pets.  Seeing green trees and grass is as effective as an antidepressant for lifting mood (and has no toxic side effects!).  Breathing, doing YouTube guided meditations - there are many things you can do to improve your Neuroplasticity:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2761-neuroplasticity-and-limbic-retraining/

There are many others here who are healing from these drugs - and it is possible.  It will take time, patience, and practice.

It gets better!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi Hades,

It seems pretty wild that these drugs can have such drastics withdrawal symptoms, even after such an short usage periods. I, for example, was on my meds for only about two weeks. Granted, I was taking both SSRI and antipsychotic, stopped them cold turkey (which seems to maximize the potential of severe withdrawal effects, at least for many) and was having ECT therapy at the same time.

I don't have breast enlargement issues, but I'm feeling kinda wired all the time. I constantly catch myself shaking either just my legs or even my whole body rocking from side to side on my chair. I've became very anxious if I'm out and about and I just don't feel like my old self, since I've been pretty quiet and serious and have, what many people describe as brain fog. The first weeks since my symptoms started, I had multiple panic attacks a day. I'm still constantly dizzy.

What has changed for me in the last couple of days is that I started to think there's not much use to worry and regret about the past. What has happened has already happened and there's not much you can do about it. What you can do something about is the future and how are you going to handle it. From what I've gathered, brain can indeed heal itself and your body can restore/adapt to the changes we've been through. You can even grow new brain cells, especially with the aid of certain foods, supplements and activities. Now, I don't know if your body and mind can get back to exactly where you were before, or can the meds or stopping them leave some permanent changes. I hope they don't and I do what I can to prevent such things by taking extra care of myself.

I changed my thinking from negatives (worrying, regretting, etc.) to positives (every day you're closer to getting better, you can heal) and took some action. I started supplementing with fish oil and megnesium and choose my foods wisely. Having some pro-neurogenesis foods/activities can't hurt either (turmeric, excercise, flavonoids, etc). Reducing stress and sleeping are very important for your wellbeing, especially now. All of this said, I think it's important to not expect miracles. These things take time, but I really do belive that if you hang in there, take your faith in your own hands (it can be tough, if I would not push myself, I'd just lay on my couch all day) you can and will get better. Maybe even better than before, since now you know how rough things could be. All it takes is time.

Late March 2017: started Sepram 20mg for ~2 weeks, changed to Escitalopram 15mg for 4 days in early April

Late March 2017: started Olanzapin 5mg for ~2 & 1/2 weeks

Quit both cold turkey before ECT treatments early April

Withdrawal symptoms really kicked in on 21/4/17

thank you for your positive thoughts.although iam very concerned cause i read that some issues may remain on the body especially the breast enlargement/i did hormonal tests the prolactine is low but the boobs are still bigger.the weird thing about that is that i took the med only for 20 days and all the endocrinologic doctors i went they told me that prolactine cant go high and drop so low in only one month.so if my prolactine didnt increased so much how did my breast got bigger?am i so unlucky or what?

can help?did you had similar stories?have you heard for people's normal breast ccame back?

thank you a lot for helpin me 

Hi Hades,

Those medications would make a person feel happy because meds keeps pumping all the chemicals what a Brain must manufacture for iteslf , it feels so cool and cosy finally make a person lazy all the time.

Sticking to bed all the time, with no mood for exercise, eating all what the mind pleases could possibly make gain extra pounds of weight, fat storage could be programmed in a mans genes based on the family history.

May be in your case the storage has flown towards torso, but eating to calorie burning ratio should have been constant rate to have such effects at minimal.

Did u increase your BMI any way ?

Amount of calorie intake ?

Consider atleast an hour of walking for 5 days/week. :)

Hi Hades -

I don't have any experience with the male breast issue. Sadly, mine have always presented as man boobs.

What I can help with is support. I'll listen, I'll encourage, and I'll pray for you. Time and support and remaining calm are the best cure for what ails us.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

Hi all

iam new to this site and new to antipsycotics

i recently had an episode and hospitalized and forced to take zyprexa. i took it for 20 days and 3 days invega

i noticed these symptoms :

i have no libido

lack of motivation

lack of concentration

anhedonia

muscle stiffness

anhedonia

feeling like a zombie

lying in a bed all day

suicidal thinking

ITS BEEN a month iam out of that **** and still have the most of these symptoms

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!???does anyone know something about that AND if they ever go away..?

Lot of thanks

Hades,

How have you been? Have you noticed any improvement as of late?

Dec 2016 Risperidone 1 mg, Seroquel 25mg, Latuda 40mg 

Jan - Mar 2017 Paliperidone (invega) 6 -9mg, Zoloft, Mirtazapine, Proprananol, Ativan

Mar - Apr 2017 Aripiprazole (abilify) 10 mg

Apr 2017 - July 2017 Olanzapine (zyprexa) 5 mg tapered to 0mg

Oct 2017 - Present Effexor 37.5mg and Prozac 10mg 

hi plshelp thank you for asking.In fact the breast tissue and the no libido(i start thinkin this is the pssd cause i have all the symptos) its the same...no improvements and iam becoming seriously suicidal cause i think that happened for a wrong choiches and with 20 days zyprexa and i cant believe it.iam so despaired i fight my mother all the time cause she insist to go to that psyciatrist. i believe i will suicide in time. i was unlucky and wrong informed from the doctor. dont know if i can live without can having sex my,different body and major changes to the brain.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please see SA's topic:  for-those-who-are-feeling-desperate-or-suicidal

As this is an online forum, we cannot deal with emergencies of any type. If you have persistent thoughts of suicide, please contact the suicide hotline near you if you feel you are in crisis.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hades

Please give it time. You really will heal - this is a short-lived reaction to a medication.

Please read the stories to struggle and recovery here - there is much to learn from.

You don't deserve this awful pain and I hope you find a window soon.

healing thoughts and love

tikki tikki

Celexa (Citalopram)    40mg  - 60mg - 40mg for 7 years          Tapered (over 3 months) drug-free Aug–Nov 2013 CRASH

40mg    Dec 2013 – Jan 2017 (7 weeks reinstatement hell then relief)

2017:    20mg    30 Jan       18mg   19 April          16mg   6 May          14mg   20 May      12mg  10 Jun

10mg   7 July          9mg    7 Aug               8mg     16 Oct          7.5mg  27 Nov         

2018:    7mg      8 Jan          6.5mg  12 Feb          6mg  17 Mar            5.2mg  14 Apr      5mg  28 Apr

4.8mg  4 Jun           4.6mg   23 Jun         4.4mg   24 Jul          4.2mg 13 Aug      4mg  20 Aug

3.8mg  1 Sep           3.6mg  28 Sep          3.4mg  14 Oct          3.2mg  11 Nov     3mg  5 Dec

5mg    26 Dec          10mg  28 Dec

Added Valdoxan 25mg   12 Dec 2018      stopped 24 Jan 2019

Wellbutrin 150mg     25 Jan

• Administrator

Hades, your fighting with your mother may have a great deal to do with your despair. You might ask her to see a counselor with you to talk about your conflict.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hades - how are you doing?

best wishes

Celexa (Citalopram)    40mg  - 60mg - 40mg for 7 years          Tapered (over 3 months) drug-free Aug–Nov 2013 CRASH

40mg    Dec 2013 – Jan 2017 (7 weeks reinstatement hell then relief)

2017:    20mg    30 Jan       18mg   19 April          16mg   6 May          14mg   20 May      12mg  10 Jun

10mg   7 July          9mg    7 Aug               8mg     16 Oct          7.5mg  27 Nov         

2018:    7mg      8 Jan          6.5mg  12 Feb          6mg  17 Mar            5.2mg  14 Apr      5mg  28 Apr

4.8mg  4 Jun           4.6mg   23 Jun         4.4mg   24 Jul          4.2mg 13 Aug      4mg  20 Aug

3.8mg  1 Sep           3.6mg  28 Sep          3.4mg  14 Oct          3.2mg  11 Nov     3mg  5 Dec

5mg    26 Dec          10mg  28 Dec

Added Valdoxan 25mg   12 Dec 2018      stopped 24 Jan 2019

Wellbutrin 150mg     25 Jan

Hey Hades,

Just saw your PM and I'm here to offer you my support.  Hang in there you will heal in time.

2010 - had my first full blown panic attack started on alprazolam 0.5 mg
2011 - was told by doc to try AD along with benzo to control panic attack and anxiety lexapro 20 mg alprazolam 2.0 mg
2012 - was told by doc to switch out medication paxil 40 mg clonazepam 2.0 mg
Mar 2016 - made the jump to cymbalta 60 mg clonazepam 2.0 mg
July 2016 - got sick and tired of taking meds finally decided to cold turkey meds

- BE HERE NOW -

My Intro

not much improvements guys breast enlargement does not regress its 2.5 month sexual dusfunction are the same or a little little improvement.after that i think akathisia has healead a lot and anhdonia a bit.w suicidall thinkin getting worst and ticks and spams are still here.i just noticed that the PASD (sexual dusfunction is a really really serious condition if i think that i took these 2 meds for only 21 days 19 zyprexa and 2 invega.so it doesnt make sense to have it still that after 2.5 months of disccontunuation.i suppose iam screwed for a such a little amount of time :(

• Moderator Emeritus

I will tell you again, and again, you WILL get better. You really need to stop focussing on the symptoms. We have a saying here that " a watched kettle never boils" . When you are waiting for something it feels like it will never come, or happen, but it does. The clock never stops ticking, seconds tominutes to hours to days.  When we just wait it seems like forevef but when we do other things that are a distraction the days  seem to go much faster. You need to take your mind off the breast enlargement and sexual dysfunction. Live each day to the best of your ability.  Smile at things you love, however small. Go out for a walk, meet friends and talk about anything but NOT about how you are feeling, you are trying to distract from that for a while. It is good to have someone to talk to but when we talk to everyone about symptoms we never get a break from them. 

It is tragic that this is from just a few days of those drugs, but your nervous system WILL recover. Please try to do something else while you are recovering. If you had an accident or surgery you would have to take time to recover and find things to do. Drawing, painting, writing, puzzles, games, anything so that you are not staring at the ceiling and feeling every bit of pain because that is all you can focus on. This is no different, you need to take care of yourself and find things to distract you. When something makes you smile, tell us about it. When you go for a walk, tell us that too. Tell us about the flowers, the birds, the sunshine, the rain on your face, the clouds in the sky. Simple things but they will distract you and the time will pass. Try it, it really does help. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hades,
I just did some reading from the Merck Manual, a well known medical manual that I have seen at many if not most of the hospitals I have worked at and here is what is says for "Treatment of gynecomastia", or what you call "man boobs"

Treatment for gynecomastia:
"In most cases, no specific treatment is needed because gynecomastia usually remits spontaneously or disappears after any causative drug (except perhaps anabolic steroids) is stopped."  In most cases the tissue will be gone within 12 months.

You were not on anabolic steroids, those are the type of steroids weight lifters take, and they have nothing I common with any other steroid your doctor might prescribe for, say, muscle or nerve pain. At any rate in my opinion, since you were on the drug for such a short time, I am guessing from all of the research I did that any extra tissue will be gone way before 12 months!

If you are worried about gynecomastia, I suggest that you get diagnosed by your doctor, so you will know for sure. This way if you do not have it, you no longer have to worry.

I worked with another member last year, he had almost every single symptom you list, plus he had some extra signs, and it was not the same drug, but it was the same class of drug, and it took him 4 months to start feeling better, and after that it only got better.  I cannot think of his user name right now, but if I do, I will come back and give you the info so you can read for yourself how he went back to normal.  He did not have gynecomastia, but he had other body changes, and it was very distressing to him, but all is resolved now. He also has full energy, his motivation retuned, he went back to his favorite sport, back to work, and even has fun again!

I wish you the best of luck!
Skeeter

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

i get very anxious about the PSSD now.i realized that this is a more serious problem thatn breast.i dont see any improvements and i see that people all over the net have serious problems with it and it is persistent (if it does not go away by stop the medication)

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hades,

Did your gynecomastia (man boobs) go away?  How are you feeling now?

Skeeter

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 7/24/2017 at 5:59 AM, Skeeter said:

Did your gynecomastia (man boobs) go away?

3 hours ago, Hades said:

it gone away.

That is good news.

3 hours ago, Hades said:

i started antipsycotics again iam on 3rd month

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hades,

As you stabilise and are able to taper off, once you've been off for a while you should be able to pick up a good amount of cardio for exercise (cycling, swimming, rowing etc) and burn away the excess fat (belly, moobs, whatever) that the drugs induced.

I was able to burn off pretty much all the excess fat when I was on risperidone with some determination and diet planning, but reluctantly had to take a sedentary job so gained weight again though not as badly as the first time.  I was still on the initially prescribed dose at that point.

My impression is that once fully off the drugs, and when you're stout enough to handle full exercise again, it should stay off properly then without the drugs interfering with normal patterns any more. 

Of course this depends on maintaining exercise, balanced diet, not eating much junk food etc - but that's true for pretty much everyone, especially as they age, whether they've ever been drugged or not.

All the best

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM