Hawky

Discontinuation Hell

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone , I'm new to these forums as it is only through my recent on - going suffering that I have been googling sites searching for help . I have been taking the trycyclic antidepressant Dosulepin for about 3 years at a dose of 150 mgs every night . My doctor informed me mid February that this tablet was being withdrawn and I would have to taper off it . He wanted me to completely stop the medication within 4 weeks but when I asked my pharmacists advice she said no way could this be done without horrendous withdrawal symptoms . I went back to see my doctor and he agreed to a 6 week taper . However I am now stuck at a 50 mgs dosage and am really suffering with massive anxiety , nausea and exhaustion - is this normal and will it ever go away ??

Hi there:) I am not an administrator here but I think you posted into the wrong category (success stories) and yout post will be moved to "introductions". As for your question: yes it is normal and 6 weeks is definitely too fast to taper! I am sure someone will come back to you with more specific details. Habe you been going through the "taper" section?