SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

weneedhelp: Early morning

weneedhelp

Inner trembling,panic,fear,

Compelling urge to end my life,

How long will this brutal torture last?

Another benzo or the knife?

Incentive orientated,how they plot

To fill the medicine spoon,

And Drs.Frankenstein and Shrink

Dance to their masters' tune.

1991 - 2011 Lithium carbonate 400mg daily

Developed underactive thyroid gland 

100 mg Levothyroxine daily

Tapered off Lithium in three weeks, no withdrawal syndrome

2014 - nervous breakdown - 900 mgs Depakote, 5mg Olanzapine daily

2015 - reduced to 250mg Depakote - nausea, diarrheoa, insomnia,

15 mg Mirtazapine added for depression

2016 - stopped Depakote cold turkey,hadn't heard of tapering

Lamotragine 16mg daily for one month couldn't tolerate

2017 - 7.5mg Mirtazipine - now 3.75mg nightly,still going through hell.

Edited by scallywag
tags
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi weneedhelp, welcome to SA.

I am sorry that you are feeling so bad, with so many changes your nervous system is struggling.

How were you on 7.5  mirtazapine?

Did it help at all?  

When did you stop the olanzapine?  

It will help us if you can copy your drug history that you have posted and paste it into your signature, it will then appear at the bottom of every post and we can see at a glance without having to go back to the beginning. You can find instructions here..

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/ 

It might help a little to updose the mirtazapine slightly to ease the withdrawal. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 7 months later...

That was a beautiful poem weneedhelp.

Any update?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017