• Mentor

@pug Thanks for posting this. I’m 26 months past a FT off Zoloft (was on 25-50mg for 2 years). At 18 months I thought I was close to being done as the nausea and a number of physical symptoms were subsiding, unfortunately at 22 months I started to get Tardive Dyskinesia and Akasthesia and tiredness which I’m hoping will pass.

i can’t believe how awful this process has been. I’ve lost my job but not my family or sanity. I continue to hope for some semblance of normality and your story gives me hope as the symptoms and timelines seem very similar. 

Can you tell me, did you get strange tickling and clicking popping sensations in your head. One thing I’ve found is that these have persisted for 2 years but the sensations have moved around from the centre to the side to the top and more recently the front of my head. I take it as a positive that as the sensations move, my symptoms change and I wonder if it’s some kind of neurological resetting going on?

Thanks again for posting and enjoy your new freedom. 

50 mg Sertraline Nov 2016 to Dec 2016

100 mg Sertraline Jan - March 2017

50 mg Sertraline April - June 2017

25 mg Sertraline July 2017 - Sept 2018

12.5 mg Sertraline Oct 2018

0 mg Nov 1 2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 11:28 PM, pug said:

Hello Everyone,

I just dropped by to say that I am still doing well and getting closer and closer to complete recovery.  I am approaching my 6 year anniversary later this month and I will come back and give an update on how I am doing and answer any questions that anyone still has.  In brief, I am not quite done but I am better than ever and life is good; and I firmly believe that it will be the same for you as well even if it does not feel like it now.  Time can do amazing things and my recovery is a testament to that.  

All my best to all of you.

pug 

WOW Pug! That is great news! Thank you for coming back and telling us!

2019 2.1 mg amitriptyline ,15th july 2.1 mg, 22-7 2.09 mg, 29-7 2.08 mg, 5-8 2.09 mg , 7-8 2.1 mg . 2020 Holding at 2.1 mg

2019 125 mg lyrica, 15th july 124,5 mg, 22-7 124 mg, 29-7 123,5 mg, 4-8 124 mg 2020 holding at 124 mg

2015 january building up my medication to 450 mg lyrica and 50 mg amitriptyline for face ache after a rootcanal treatment at the dentist. 2016 february start tapering lyrica from 450 mg to 200 mg 2016 october tapered 25 mg amitriptyline to 25 mg 2017 tapered lyrica from 200 mg to 100 mg 2017 september tapered my last tablet of 25 mg amitriptyline to zero  (horrible muscle pain started) 2018 february tapered lyrica from 100 mg to 75 mg (my muscle pain got worse and I have a lot of nervepain in my arms and legs, sometimes all over musclepain and nerve pain and burning pain) 2018 may reinstated 25 mg lyrica. My current dose is 100 mg lyrica. My pain is still very bad but a little less intense, my mood improved. 2018 since 22th may updose amitriptyline.  9 beads. 2018 june updosing lyrica. 2018 16 th june 125 mg lyrica and 9 beads amitriptyline ( 2mg) Now I'm doing a long hold. I can't taper anymore. Too much pain. I hope to stabilize and improve while holding. I'm trying graded activity to get rid of my pain. 2019 1 jan. Lyrica 125 mg (holding) 2019 1 jan. Amitriptyline tapering from 9 beads to 8 beads (1 jan. 2019),  8,5 beads (5 jan 19), 9 beads (16 jan 19) tapper attempt failed

• 3 months later...

@pug Hey! It’s been years since you’ve write this! And you may not even see that I commented. Lol, but worth a shot. You mentioned body pain and upper arm pain. I am having that said bad and it’s making things worst for me. Haha have been concerned I have a disease!!! 

Age 14-24 Celexa.    Stopped Celexa in May age 24, after a 1 year long taper done by myself

Age 24-28 Back on Celexa in September Age 24 until Age 28, May, stopped Celexa after another 1 year long taper by myself.

Age 29.  November- started Celexa 1 month after giving birth

Age 31   May- stopped Celexa after 1 year long taper. 

Age 34  April- started Celexa after shots of steroids in my back. 

Age 35  June- stopped Celexa semi cold turkey

Age 35   September- started Lexapro 15mg

Age 36   November 5th- went down to 12.5mg for a week, then 10mg.

Age 37  December 5th- went down to 7.5mg for a week, then 5mg. January 22nd- 0mg

I am taking around 800mg of Magnesium Glycinate, 500mg of Magnesium L-Threonate, Vitamin D 2,000, Tumeric, Vital Biome Gut Microbiome Support, 99mg Potassium, 1,333mcg Methylfolate, ProBio 5. I also take Juice Plus supplements. Green tea every AM

Rarely gluten, dairy, added sugars. No alcohol or drug use.  Organic, whole foods, active lifestyle

Thanks

I don't speak English fluently but I speak to you with google translator

2005-2006:Diversity in taking medications
 2006-2019 Seroxat 20 mg
 2020-2021 Cipralex 15 mg
 Mar 2021 it has decreased from 15 mg to 12.5 mg/Aug 2021 9mg/Sep 12, 2021 8mg/Oct 12, 2021 7mg / Nov 12, 2021 6mg / Dec 12, 2021 5mg / Jan 12, 2022 4.5mg /Feb 12, 2022 4mg/Mar-Apr 3.5mg/May 3mg The beginning of severe withdrawal

/sep 23, 2022 2.5mg

On March 19, 2023, I ended up in the emergency room, with severe palpitations, panic, and severe mental and physical fatigue, then I went back to a dose of 20 milligrams of Seroxat to this day.

Hey there Pug, 😊🌹

I liken you to a light coming from the other side guiding us through the labyrinth of a pitch balck tunnel we're currently in. I read every single post u put and the others who saught ur help and support and just feel amazed at how empathetic and caring u've been in patiently responding to every single post the sufferers put in the hope of lightening their burden and getting to know what awaits them once the jump after zero mg is made. I just can't find the right terms to thank you for all this light u're shedding into our dark tunnels. My symptoms are almost like anyone else's but the most disturbing, persistent and intolerable of all is the "HYPNIC JERKS" and body startles right at the moment i'm about to eneter the dream land, so intense and brutal that I immediately get woken up with my heart racing and upon my each try to put myself to sleep this happens mercilessly. Did u experience the same thing or do anything especial to soften it? Does it ever go away or become less intense? I can bear with the rest of mt symptoms no matter how harsh they are, however this specific symptom is taking the much needed sleep away from me and leaving me vulnerable to my other symtoms.

Thanks a billion in advance for ur enlightenment and insight. 🙏🙏🌷🌹

-2015 september zoloft (20 mg updosed to 125) plus clonazepam for anxiety and panic attacks

2016 Jan replaced clonazepam with chlorodiazpoxide 20 mg

-2016 April cold turkeyed both after a urinary retention surgery with no withdrawal symptom at all

-2018 Jan perscribed Nortriptyline 10 mg for vestibular vertigo 

-2018 Feb due to the horrible side effects which my psychiatrist took for depression and anxiety, Nortriptyline began to be updosed to reach 100 in June

-2018 Oct noticed I wasexperiencing no pleasure in life and decided to taper(zombie-style kind of life)Tapered to fast to reach 50 mg in 2019 Feb

-Terrible withdrawal symtoms began to creep up, had to updose to 75 in June 2019

-Began to make changes in diet and lifestyle and tapered again to reach 30 by 2020 Jan

-(using Brassmonkey method from here on)By May 2020 reached 22.5 when my whole taper process hit the wall due to infection to God-damned Covid 19. Late Sep 2020 restarted my taper 16 mg in Jan 2021, Jan 2021 to Feb down from 16mg to 14.5mg,Feb to March 13mg,March to July had to hold on 13mg due to being sold counterfeit drugs, took me a while to find out and get a new batch and get back on track again,July to August 11.5 mg,August to Sep 10.5 mg,Sep to Oct 9.5 mg, Jan 2022 started the water solution Nori, had to hold for a few months due to the horrible side effects of Covid shots, restarted taper on June 2022, March 2023(now) 1.8 mg (deem myself 60 to 70 percent recovered and functional)

@pug

Hey there Pug, 😊🌹

I liken you to a light coming from the other side guiding us through the labyrinth of a pitch balck tunnel we're currently in. I read every single post u put and the others who saught ur help and support and just feel amazed at how empathetic and caring u've been in patiently responding to every single post the sufferers put in the hope of lightening their burden and getting to know what awaits them once the jump after zero mg is made. I just can't find the right terms to thank you for all this light u're shedding into our dark tunnels. My symptoms are almost like anyone else's but the most disturbing, persistent and intolerable of all is the "HYPNIC JERKS" and body startles right at the moment i'm about to eneter the dream land, so intense and brutal that I immediately get woken up with my heart racing and upon my each try to put myself to sleep this happens mercilessly. Did u experience the same thing or do anything especial to soften it? Does it ever go away or become less intense? I can bear with the rest of mt symptoms no matter how harsh they are, however this specific symptom is taking the much needed sleep away from me and leaving me vulnerable to my other symtoms.

Thanks a billion in advance for ur enlightenment and insight. 🙏🙏🌷🌹

-2015 september zoloft (20 mg updosed to 125) plus clonazepam for anxiety and panic attacks

2016 Jan replaced clonazepam with chlorodiazpoxide 20 mg

-2016 April cold turkeyed both after a urinary retention surgery with no withdrawal symptom at all

-2018 Jan perscribed Nortriptyline 10 mg for vestibular vertigo 

-2018 Feb due to the horrible side effects which my psychiatrist took for depression and anxiety, Nortriptyline began to be updosed to reach 100 in June

-2018 Oct noticed I wasexperiencing no pleasure in life and decided to taper(zombie-style kind of life)Tapered to fast to reach 50 mg in 2019 Feb

-Terrible withdrawal symtoms began to creep up, had to updose to 75 in June 2019

-Began to make changes in diet and lifestyle and tapered again to reach 30 by 2020 Jan

-(using Brassmonkey method from here on)By May 2020 reached 22.5 when my whole taper process hit the wall due to infection to God-damned Covid 19. Late Sep 2020 restarted my taper 16 mg in Jan 2021, Jan 2021 to Feb down from 16mg to 14.5mg,Feb to March 13mg,March to July had to hold on 13mg due to being sold counterfeit drugs, took me a while to find out and get a new batch and get back on track again,July to August 11.5 mg,August to Sep 10.5 mg,Sep to Oct 9.5 mg, Jan 2022 started the water solution Nori, had to hold for a few months due to the horrible side effects of Covid shots, restarted taper on June 2022, March 2023(now) 1.8 mg (deem myself 60 to 70 percent recovered and functional)

• 1 year later...

@Mende did your vivid dreams vanished?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

Hello @pug how are you?  When you stopped taking all medications, did you experience premature ejaculation?  Or a decrease in the size of your sex?  Is it okay if so?  Mental fatigue and insomnia have apparently settled for you, it gives hope, I think you have to take the days one after the other.  Some days I'm defeatist

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2017 at 4:03 AM, pug said:

I now eat anything that I choose although I eat as healthily as possible because I value life so much now and I want to live as long as possible; I exercise regularly and it feels wonderful; I enjoy caffeinated drinks including regular tea and coffee which I had given up for many months; I also drink wine and beer a couple times a week if I choose to and enjoy it.  I am in the best shape since high school, and have lost 75 pounds (on purpose). Life is good again and just the simple things are more than enough to bring joy and happiness.

Congrats such an inspiration! 
do you feel better off the AD in general? Or do you just feel better that the WD nightmare is over 🤷‍♂️

I truly can’t remember from 2012 to 2017 but I tried Zoloft , lexapro, cymbalta and pristiq

2017-Nov 2021 40mg Prozac 

fast taper Prozac for 6 weeks ended nov 2021 at docs orders

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2017 at 1:03 PM, pug said:

Yes, it will feel like a miracle when it happens for you; and it will happen for you, it is just a matter of time.  I want to get that out there first thing; it is my belief that we will all heal in time; it has happened for me and is continuing to happen and it will happen for you.  Am I completely 100% done healing?  No.  Am I so, so much better?  Oh yes!  Now for some basics:

Male, mid 50s, took zoloft for over 20 year, quit cold turkey 3.5 years ago, was off 5 months, thought I was relapsing, so started prozac for 3.5 months and then quit that cold turkey.  Then I found S.A. and discovered what I was dealing with was not a relapse but withdrawal (and recovery).  So yes, I did everything completely wrong and more than once!  I am proof that given time we can heal.

I currently just celebrated 30 months of being drug free.  Now, how to begin to describe the inhumane torture that I have endured until very recently; not sure but I will try.  I have gone through both the windows and waves pattern and the continuous misery pattern.  I was one of those that suffered a great deal after quitting, but really got slammed at about 6 months off.  At 1 year I was barely functioning; at 1.5 years I was still miserable, and at 2 years off I was wondering if I was doomed to endless suffering with no end.  But now as I have hit the 2.5 year mark I feel as if I have turned the corner.

Windows and waves general comprised the first year and then it became continuous misery for pretty much the next 6 to 12 months or more; and then back to windows and waves.  My last serious wave was in months 25-26 and now finally what feels like solid progress the last month or so.  I am hesitant to list symptoms because I know how much it use to scare me to read what others were going through; but on the other hand it really helped when a new symptom would start, because I knew it was part of the recovery process and not some disease or sickness, and most of these are gone or have become minimal although they lasted for months or years.  And just because I experienced them does not mean that you will, we all have a very individual road to recovery; so here they are in no specific order:

Dark depression, anxiety, paranoia, obsessive compulsive, panic attacks, intrusive/obsessive thoughts that tortured me, hopelessness, irrational thinking, suicidal thoughts, brain zaps, intense organic fear, severe inner-body tension that felt like my whole insides were clamped up, sexual dysfunction, severe tension, tremors and pain in the back of my legs and calves, terrible shoulder and upper arm pain, mania, extreme bloating and stomach pain, nausea, dizziness, vertigo, feeling like my brain was on fire, feeling like a part of my brain was missing, feeling like a bomb had gone off in my head, floating head feeling, super-hot face, body temperature regulation problems – being super-hot or cold, constipation, dehydration, lack of appetite and weight loss, feeling dead, anhedonia, akathisia, mood swings, insomnia, terrible brain fog and inability to think clearly, sensitive vision and hearing, inching and burning skin, cold like symptoms, head congestion, phantom smells, constant tinnitus, severe fatigue and exhaustion, health anxiety, I could not read, listen to music, or meditate, heart palpitations, random traveling aching and stabbing pain throughout my body, headaches, and so many other symptoms that I can’t remember.  The torture, pain, misery, suffering and utter despair was never ending…until it did finally start to end for me and it will for you too.

Did anything help me along the way?  I tried many things; acupuncture, vitamins and supplements, alpha-stim, gluten free diet, no sugar diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, and anything else I could do to try and feel better.  Did it work?  In a sense it all worked because it kept me focused on recovery and gave me hope when I had none, and the possibility that I might feel better.  But time passing has been the real healing agent; although that was the last thing I wanted to hear when I was suffering so intensely.  I did find that mindfulness, breathing exercises and physical exercise helped when all else failed and I was so truly desperate.  Many hours were spent just trying to pay attention to my breath going in and out; and I still use this practice as a relaxation method.  It also helped me greatly to visit this website daily as well as Benzo-Buddies.  I read success stories for hours at a time, read the Bloom in Wellness facebook page each day and anything by Baylissa Frederick and also Don Killian.

So, what remains for me?  I still have tinnitus (although it has gotten much better over the last month), stomach bloating and pain on occassion, nerve pain, some brain zaps at night, fatigue and tiredness, and sleep issues.  If I had to put some percentages on where I am at now I would say physically I am at about 85-90% healed and mentally/emotionally at 90-95% healed.  I now eat anything that I choose although I eat as healthily as possible because I value life so much now and I want to live as long as possible; I exercise regularly and it feels wonderful; I enjoy caffeinated drinks including regular tea and coffee which I had given up for many months; I also drink wine and beer a couple times a week if I choose to and enjoy it.  I am in the best shape since high school, and have lost 75 pounds (on purpose). Life is good again and just the simple things are more than enough to bring joy and happiness.

So that is my story and I hope it will encourage you as you read it that you will recover and become yourself again.  I remember reading similar statements in success stories and thinking, “Yea, right, that is easy for you to say, you are not suffering through this terrible hell right now!”  And maybe you are thinking the same thing as I did, but please listen to my words; you will make it, you will recover, you will feel better, and you will join me in loving life once again; just please don’t give up or give in and keep going!

As I sit here with a cup of coffee and contemplate what I have been through the last several years, it all seems so strange and foreign.  Success stories promised that I would make it to recovery, and they were right, so now it is my turn to tell you that you will make it, “You will make it!”.  Wishing everyone here all the best and a quick recovery.  Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and help.

All my love.

Pug

Thank you @pug i am suffering a really bad wave today with fear and panic, I can't seem to shake it. All I can do is cry cry cry and pray. I cannot relax. Your words are very encouraging. 

Hugs~ Chlo

Chlo❤

•Celexa 40mg 1999-2021•COVID August 2021•Celexa stopped working•Zoloft 100mg Sept21'-Oct21'•Zoloft did not work •Lexapro 10mg Oct21'-Nov21'

•Lexapro did not work

•Lexapro 5mg Nov21'-1/17/22 switched to Lexapro liquid form 5mg 1/18/22•4.75mg 1/19•4.5mg 1/25•4.25mg 2/1•4.0mg 2/8

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•2.75mg 6/26•2.50mg 7/10•2.45mg 7/18•2.40mg 7/25•2.35mg 8/1•2.33mg 8/26•2.27mg 9/15•2.21mg 9/23•2.16mg 9/30•2.10mg 10/14•2.04mg 10/24•1.99mg 11/18•1.95mg 1/02/23•1.90mg 1/09•1.80mg 1/27•1.75mg 2/21•1.70mg 3/6•1.65mg3/14•1.60mg 4/07•1.52mg 4/30•1.48mg 5/07•1.40mg 6/08•1.36mg 6/17•1.32mg 6/27•1.28mg 7/17•1.20mg 8/18•1.15mg 9/13•1.12mg 10/15•1.06mg 1/20/24•1.02mg 2/16•1mg 2/27•.98mg 3/02•.96mg3/20•D3•C•

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

I don't know much, but 3 things I do. There is a God. His word is true. Stay close to Him and He will bring you through. Amen🙏

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 9:09 PM, Rozon1 said:

Thanks @pug! For the response. Gives me encouragement. One last question for you! Did it just feel like your muscles weren’t working properly when you tried “pushing”. That’s what my constipation feels like. 

hey I have the same problem. has your constapation gone away yet? @Rozon1

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @pug, how are you doing now? I’m glad to hear you’re well. You mentioned akathisa, dp/dr, anhedonia, sexual dysfunction in your description. 

I also have experienced these things as a result of adverse reaction or withdrawl. 

How would you describe what akathisa and dp/dr felt like to you? 

Aug 2020 - Feb 2022 on and off Lexapro 5 and 10mg,  Rapid taper

Nov 2021 - May 2022 on off Wellbutrin 100mg, 150mg, 75mg CT clindamycin cycle and also Plan B bc 1x 

Fall 2020- June 2022 - Xanax .5 PRN usually 4x a week, CT 

June 2022 - Z pack, Buspar 7.5 3 days

September 20-24th - low tryptophan diet and 20-30g beef gelatin powder

Oct 3- 16 - Xanax .5 for sleep each pm, 1 mg Ativan in ER, .25 Xanax —> .125–>0 

Oct 14-17Trazadone 50/75, Lunesta 3mg 

Oct 24-  start Belsomra, 4 days to20mg 

Nov 3-5 10mg Belsomra and 300mg Gabapentin 

Oct 13-Dec 1 Buspar 7.5 2x/day rapid taper over 2 weeks due to ADR 

Recent: Belsomra 20mg since 10/23/2022 to 15mg mid December for 2 nights —> 20mg —> 15 mg since 12/22/2022 —>14 mg compounded 02/11/2023 —> 15 mg 2/13 —> 10mg 2/22 —> 5mg 3/1 —> 0mg 3/8/2023 

Current:  Propanolol 20mg AM, 10mg 4pm, 20mg PM since 11/30/2022

On 11/13/2020 at 11:28 PM, pug said:

Hello Everyone,

I just dropped by to say that I am still doing well and getting closer and closer to complete recovery.  I am approaching my 6 year anniversary later this month and I will come back and give an update on how I am doing and answer any questions that anyone still has.  In brief, I am not quite done but I am better than ever and life is good; and I firmly believe that it will be the same for you as well even if it does not feel like it now.  Time can do amazing things and my recovery is a testament to that.  

All my best to all of you.

pug 

At which month were you 100 % healed ?

Can you give an update ?

26, male.
Consumption from age 13 - 22.

Month 40 currently.
Reductions in symptoms at month 4, 6, 18 and 32.

Month 1 - 18 -> TERROR
Month 18 - 32 -> PAINFUL
Month 32 - now -> Unpleasant

Current symptoms: Social anxiety, brain fog, anhedonia, fatigue, low energy, low motivation, low libido, no morning wood, weak bladder and urine stream.

On 5/29/2017 at 12:03 PM, pug said:

Yes, it will feel like a miracle when it happens for you; and it will happen for you, it is just a matter of time.  I want to get that out there first thing; it is my belief that we will all heal in time; it has happened for me and is continuing to happen and it will happen for you.  Am I completely 100% done healing?  No.  Am I so, so much better?  Oh yes!  Now for some basics:

Male, mid 50s, took zoloft for over 20 year, quit cold turkey 3.5 years ago, was off 5 months, thought I was relapsing, so started prozac for 3.5 months and then quit that cold turkey.  Then I found S.A. and discovered what I was dealing with was not a relapse but withdrawal (and recovery).  So yes, I did everything completely wrong and more than once!  I am proof that given time we can heal.

I currently just celebrated 30 months of being drug free.  Now, how to begin to describe the inhumane torture that I have endured until very recently; not sure but I will try.  I have gone through both the windows and waves pattern and the continuous misery pattern.  I was one of those that suffered a great deal after quitting, but really got slammed at about 6 months off.  At 1 year I was barely functioning; at 1.5 years I was still miserable, and at 2 years off I was wondering if I was doomed to endless suffering with no end.  But now as I have hit the 2.5 year mark I feel as if I have turned the corner.

Windows and waves general comprised the first year and then it became continuous misery for pretty much the next 6 to 12 months or more; and then back to windows and waves.  My last serious wave was in months 25-26 and now finally what feels like solid progress the last month or so.  I am hesitant to list symptoms because I know how much it use to scare me to read what others were going through; but on the other hand it really helped when a new symptom would start, because I knew it was part of the recovery process and not some disease or sickness, and most of these are gone or have become minimal although they lasted for months or years.  And just because I experienced them does not mean that you will, we all have a very individual road to recovery; so here they are in no specific order:

Dark depression, anxiety, paranoia, obsessive compulsive, panic attacks, intrusive/obsessive thoughts that tortured me, hopelessness, irrational thinking, suicidal thoughts, brain zaps, intense organic fear, severe inner-body tension that felt like my whole insides were clamped up, sexual dysfunction, severe tension, tremors and pain in the back of my legs and calves, terrible shoulder and upper arm pain, mania, extreme bloating and stomach pain, nausea, dizziness, vertigo, feeling like my brain was on fire, feeling like a part of my brain was missing, feeling like a bomb had gone off in my head, floating head feeling, super-hot face, body temperature regulation problems – being super-hot or cold, constipation, dehydration, lack of appetite and weight loss, feeling dead, anhedonia, akathisia, mood swings, insomnia, terrible brain fog and inability to think clearly, sensitive vision and hearing, inching and burning skin, cold like symptoms, head congestion, phantom smells, constant tinnitus, severe fatigue and exhaustion, health anxiety, I could not read, listen to music, or meditate, heart palpitations, random traveling aching and stabbing pain throughout my body, headaches, and so many other symptoms that I can’t remember.  The torture, pain, misery, suffering and utter despair was never ending…until it did finally start to end for me and it will for you too.

Did anything help me along the way?  I tried many things; acupuncture, vitamins and supplements, alpha-stim, gluten free diet, no sugar diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, and anything else I could do to try and feel better.  Did it work?  In a sense it all worked because it kept me focused on recovery and gave me hope when I had none, and the possibility that I might feel better.  But time passing has been the real healing agent; although that was the last thing I wanted to hear when I was suffering so intensely.  I did find that mindfulness, breathing exercises and physical exercise helped when all else failed and I was so truly desperate.  Many hours were spent just trying to pay attention to my breath going in and out; and I still use this practice as a relaxation method.  It also helped me greatly to visit this website daily as well as Benzo-Buddies.  I read success stories for hours at a time, read the Bloom in Wellness facebook page each day and anything by Baylissa Frederick and also Don Killian.

So, what remains for me?  I still have tinnitus (although it has gotten much better over the last month), stomach bloating and pain on occassion, nerve pain, some brain zaps at night, fatigue and tiredness, and sleep issues.  If I had to put some percentages on where I am at now I would say physically I am at about 85-90% healed and mentally/emotionally at 90-95% healed.  I now eat anything that I choose although I eat as healthily as possible because I value life so much now and I want to live as long as possible; I exercise regularly and it feels wonderful; I enjoy caffeinated drinks including regular tea and coffee which I had given up for many months; I also drink wine and beer a couple times a week if I choose to and enjoy it.  I am in the best shape since high school, and have lost 75 pounds (on purpose). Life is good again and just the simple things are more than enough to bring joy and happiness.

So that is my story and I hope it will encourage you as you read it that you will recover and become yourself again.  I remember reading similar statements in success stories and thinking, “Yea, right, that is easy for you to say, you are not suffering through this terrible hell right now!”  And maybe you are thinking the same thing as I did, but please listen to my words; you will make it, you will recover, you will feel better, and you will join me in loving life once again; just please don’t give up or give in and keep going!

As I sit here with a cup of coffee and contemplate what I have been through the last several years, it all seems so strange and foreign.  Success stories promised that I would make it to recovery, and they were right, so now it is my turn to tell you that you will make it, “You will make it!”.  Wishing everyone here all the best and a quick recovery.  Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and help.

All my love.

Pug

It s a marvelous history and it seem to me, first Zoloft, two months after a relapse/ Withdrawal/ now in prozac. Thanks for shared your Journey 

August 1, 2021 Zoloft 25 mgs
August 5 Zoloft 50 mgs and Pregabaline 50mgs at nigth 
stopped pregabalin October 2021 
January 2022 Zoloft 75 mgs
March 2022 Zoloft 100mgs
March-September: Good time
September weanned off 
Zoloft From 100 to Zero in Three months Aprox
January 26, 2023 Started Prozac 5 mgs and 25 pregabaline 
started Symptom of me :7 weeks after finished Zoloft 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 8:56 AM, gigi63 said:

Hey Pug, may I ask, did you ever suffer diarrhea???  Irritable bowels???  If so how did you manage it?  Any helpful tips. I am really careful on my diet. FODMAP now, but healthy Whole Foods for many months now!!!  Healing absolutely must take place at every level.  Also, such a close connection between gut and brain health. Interdependence on one another.  

have your stomach problems gone away for you? @gigi63

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

On 5/29/2017 at 11:03 AM, pug said:

All my love.

Pug

I took them 20 years and stopping them in 5 days  I've been off of them 2.7 years. I still struggle   I take sam e 100mg enertic tablets in the morning and one in the evening.  Did you ever take sam e or  vistaril to help you sleep?

Year 2010 to 2020 remeron, Buspar, atenelol, Ativan as needed (once a week)  remeron  stopped working (pooped out)

oct 2020 started amitryptyline took it 3 months 

Dec started wellbutrin, Stopped it 3 months later 

Started Paxil again for 3 months

took vibryd for 1 month, Stopped it in 5 days 

Started sam e 100mgs 3x a day, Tyrosine 1000mgs 3 x a dayfor 6 months 

August 2020 - Off all antidepressants 

16 th of Feb, 2023  started taperingsam e  the 100mg  2 x a day of sam e. I stopped taking the  afternoon one. And started every other day then every r day.

On 6/9/2017 at 9:33 AM, Happy2Heal said:

I thought I had posted my congratulations but I don't see that post, hrmmm

Maybe I didn't, my memory is not so good

I am so happy for you, and so thankful that you wrote this for those of us still waiting to reach the point where you are.

I cried at the thought of being able to drink coffee again, I miss it so much. I miss having just reg tea with caffeine in it, right now all I can drink is this flavorless herbal crap lol

Your story is esp encouraging to me, since I"ve been on SSRi's for about 20yrs , it's good to hear that long term 'users' can make it thru this, and even when there are two CTs involved.

I did a couple of those myself, one from a high dose and one from a very low dose.

I hope you know and appreciate how strong you are to have gotten thru this. I think we are all very impressive people, when I think of us collectively, going thru many of the same trials and difficulties and making it thru day after day.

thank you for posting your story and for being available to answer questions, I have a couple but I am not ready to hear the answer so I will save them for a day when I am feeling stronger

😉

Hiw are you now

Year 2010 to 2020 remeron, Buspar, atenelol, Ativan as needed (once a week)  remeron  stopped working (pooped out)

oct 2020 started amitryptyline took it 3 months 

Dec started wellbutrin, Stopped it 3 months later 

Started Paxil again for 3 months

took vibryd for 1 month, Stopped it in 5 days 

Started sam e 100mgs 3x a day, Tyrosine 1000mgs 3 x a dayfor 6 months 

August 2020 - Off all antidepressants 

16 th of Feb, 2023  started taperingsam e  the 100mg  2 x a day of sam e. I stopped taking the  afternoon one. And started every other day then every r day.

• 1 month later...

Oh pug so happy for you.i  wish it were true that we all get thst miracle but there are some injuries and profound traumas to the body and soul in this that don't have such a fortunate outcome. Much love to you. My poor family

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello pug. Ur story give us hope. God bless you. Can I ask if you had any vision issues? 

Did you have blank mind at all? When your frontal lobe felt missing? 

I have no fear at all, only in the beggining of withdraws for one month. I don't see it as a good sign for my anhedonia. How long your fear last?? 💗💗

2015 20mg lexapro 

2016 20mg attempt get off one month taper(doctor advice) xtreme terror and anxiety 

2016 again  20mg attempt get off extreme ocd and social fear as withdraws

2018 reduce to 10mg ocd visual snow fatigue couldn't learn

2022 10mg get off again one month taper(doctor advice) had reactions on it and inflammation markers... xtreme protracted  withdraws symptoms 

On 5/29/2017 at 7:03 PM, pug said:

All my love.

Pug

Sertraline from March 2013 to May 2023  200mg per day started reducing April 2023 every other week by 25mg 

First pill free day 25th May 2023

Gabapentin  from 2020 to 2023  900mg per day  reduced 100mg per week from April 2023  May 2023 first month free 

Wow that has given me hope , I feel I'm taking 1,small step forward and 10 back at the moment,  the sickness is horrendous it seems to go and then it's back again ,any advice ??

Sertraline from March 2013 to May 2023  200mg per day started reducing April 2023 every other week by 25mg 

First pill free day 25th May 2023

Gabapentin  from 2020 to 2023  900mg per day  reduced 100mg per week from April 2023  May 2023 first month free 

• 5 months later...
On 5/29/2017 at 2:03 PM, pug said:

All my love.

Thank you. I am at 3o mpnths and have improved lot. Sorry about your suffering. I still have strong neinuroemotions and instabilitu with my sleep. Hope you are doing even better 

2006-2007 Lexapro (not sure of dose) in 2006

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

November 2013  started 10 mg of Celexa for hormonal symptoms

early 2014 cutdown Celexa to 5 mg.Attempted to get off it November 2014 and had  

Anxiety increased  every time I used  an OTC or had stress.

April-May Cortisol spike problems 

July 2016 Started taking liquid Celexa 7.5 mg

June 2021 I finished my taper en

Severe anxiety and insomnia

June 2022 symptoms omproved

July 2023 gut issues and sleep issues contnue

• 4 months later...

Pug did you have any brain sensations?  Burning? Twisting? Exploded feeling? Did you know who you were? Were you able to function at all inside or outside the home?thanks for any reply 

2 minutes ago, Gardengonewild said:

Pug did you have any brain sensations?  Burning? Twisting? Exploded feeling? Did you know who you were? Were you able to function at all inside or outside the home?thanks for any reply 

Sorry if is wrong that i am answering... He had exploding, missing frontal lobe and burning brain feeling. I know bcs i have then too and searched for it. He mention it in his recovery post.. 

2015 20mg lexapro 

2016 20mg attempt get off one month taper(doctor advice) xtreme terror and anxiety 

2016 again  20mg attempt get off extreme ocd and social fear as withdraws

2018 reduce to 10mg ocd visual snow fatigue couldn't learn

2022 10mg get off again one month taper(doctor advice) had reactions on it and inflammation markers... xtreme protracted  withdraws symptoms