SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Some Benzo Success Stories

• Moderator Emeritus

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

That's a very positive site with some helpful reads on it. Those stories are great for those of us who feel like it will never end. Thanks for posting the link.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

More success stories from benzo.org.uk http://www.benzo.org.uk/success.htm

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to be a benzo success story by the end of the month! I'm at .1 mgs diazepam... with 3 planned cuts to go. .075, .05 and .025 mgs . Holding 5 to 7 days each cut (this rate has been working for me since .4 mgs). I started my taper in 7/2010 and was waylaid for a year while straightening out tinnitus that flared because of cross over from Lyrica... but it's in hand now.. and soon benzos will be a memory. Oh.. and other than the tinnitus that ramped up at 1.25 mgs (can you believe it, a trip wire at such a low dose), I've been mostly asymptomatic all the way down from 4.5 mgs Klonopin. as long as I stayed at a 10% overall off the previous taper rate per month.  I immediately hit the wall whenever I tried to go faster...

Very soon I"ll have a bona fide WOO HOOOO Day!

Skyler

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

What excellent news, Skyler! You've come such a long way....

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Congrats, Skyler that you are so close to the finish line!!!

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Big congrats skyler. It must be nice to be nearing the end. Oh how I long for that day. Ah well.. at least on more person will be free of the benzos.

• Moderator Emeritus

Big congrats skyler. It must be nice to be nearing the end. Oh how I long for that day. Ah well.. at least on more person will be free of the benzos.

Free of benzos, but I'll be tapering Lyrica for at least 2 more years, very possibly 3, and tapering Requip 'on the side' (that one is not supposed to be as bad... guess I'll find out). I do know lonngggg tapering.  That said, I'll be real glad to shed the benzo piece. I cross tapered to diazepam with good effect (I was at 1.5 mgs of K), but I'm mindful of others who have had problems doing so.

Skyler

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Congrats, Skyler! I'm six+ months out from my last teeny Klonopin dose. It is wonderful to be free of this terrible drug.

Hugs,

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank-you Alto and Sparrow. When I next post in my intro thread, it'll be with fireworks and all due fanfare.“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty 'I will be' free at last.”

Edited by tezza
Removed font description

I'm so glad I'm benzo free and coming off major opiods was a piece of cake to tapering benzo/psych drugs. It took me a long time to taper off the benzo and I did it after I came off the other psych drugs.

Unable at this time to correspond by private message.

Link to my Introduction thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2477-aria-my-psych-journey/

Reading my psychiatric records: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5466-drugged-crazy-reading-my-psychiatric-records/

My Success Story is listed under "Aria's Recovery".

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aria... I hear you.  I found the major opiods a cake walk by comparison. I heard methadone was hard to come off... harder than the other opiods... for me, this was a walk in the park.

• Moderator Emeritus

YAY Skyler!!! Can't WAIT for the fireworks!!!! WOO HOO!!!

RU :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Think I"m just gonna post a link to my intro thread for this update.. but suffice it to say, I' FREE, FREE at last!

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

See above.

• 9 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Lostdog from benzo buddies - total and complete 100% success after 22 months.  Tramadol and  Klonopin

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84857.0

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Administrator

Lostdog from benzo buddies - total and complete 100% success after 22 months.  Tramadol and  Klonopin

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84857.0

It appears the OP has left that forum (all posts in the entire site are credited to Buddie now), so I've copied the story here:

Total and complete 100% success after 22 months

« on: July 02, 2013, 11:49:37 pm »

I have read so many success stories where the person says, I still have a few symptoms but am basically doing fine now. So I wanted to write mine. I have no symptoms at all. I am 100% back to normal, maybe better.

Through all of it I was [...] for some kind of insight into the meaning of [...]. I thought of ending my suffering so many times but refused to give up because my adult kids still needed someone, even if it was only to talk on the phone once a month. I think I have, however, found greater happiness than before. I appreciate small things like the taste of food, rain, cooking, giving my very old dog a massage. He can’t walk anymore but he can stand so I carry him into the backyard, wait for him to go, then carry him back inside. I would have considered euthanasia before, but I have a new appreciation for [...] now and he still wags his tail and enjoys French fries so I want him to have as much time as possible.

My speed of thought has increased tenfold in the last two months. My memories are now back and don’t come fluttering out of nowhere like a deck of cards thrown in the wind. My word recall is just as fast, maybe faster, than it was before. I’m no longer sad, or worried, or think about all that’s wrong in the world.

I started Klonopin about 10 years ago at .5mg per night for restless legs syndrome. Gradually I worked my way up to between 3 and 5mg per day. I started having bladder pain and urination problems and asked all the doctors if the Klonopin could be the cause. They all said no and gave me bladder pain drugs and Flomax and said all men my age develop those problems (I was 50). Nothing helped and it continued to get worse. I read everything I could and decided it was a side effect of the drug. I didn’t believe I had overactive bladder and benign prostate metaplasia simultaneously. My options were surgery or quitting the drug so I quit. I tapered for about three months and lost patience, then quit altogether 22 months ago.

Basically everything got worse and worse for about the first three months then leveled off at six months and I didn’t really start making progress until about a year to 18 months. I can’t remember all the symptoms but a few include: Feeling like a time traveler, feeling like I was outside the flow of humanity, obsessive thoughts, constant suicidal ideation, I didn’t sleep at all or in 20 minute periods for about six months. I am not religious in any way, nor do I believe in spirits, or anything remotely supernatural, yet I often felt pursued by a machine-like intelligence that enjoyed making me suffer. I felt like the world had turned evil, most people were bad, I often felt like I was tethered to a string, floating in space high above my body.

I had partial seizures where I would suddenly lose consciousness, then wake up a few minutes later and not know who I was, or if five minutes or a thousand years had passed. I felt like I had to urinate 24 hours a day and had severe pain. I would go the bathroom every ten minutes but it always felt like I had to go. Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn’t but it always hurt. I had spontaneous bleeding through the skin on my shoulders and chest. I guess that’s where the term sweating blood comes from.

I had the typical stuff too: incredible stomach distention, constant itching, my face would bleed when I shaved, my scalp itched, severe joint and back pain, blinding headaches, pins and needles in every part of my body. If often felt like my face was going to explode. My eyes watered constantly and stung and itched. My sinuses would swell and I couldn’t breathe through my nose. I had constant heart palpitations and my blood pressure would go to 240/160. I couldn’t watch movies – everything looked like a really bad high school play. I rarely read books, although I previously read up to four or five books a week. I hated music. I would have watery diarrhea followed by what looked like aquarium gravel. My teeth hurt so much and so often they felt like they were all loose. It was hard to eat because of the pain.

I had crying spells that would last ten hours. I envied other people who weren’t going through what I was. I had always tried to be a good person and I wondered why I was being tortured so horribly. My emotions would cycle from profound sadness to anger to extreme anxiety to hopelessness to complete out-of-body experiences that felt like I was spread across the Universe like the surface of a soap bubble. I felt like I was living in an old black and white Twilight zone in a ghost town where tumbleweeds rolled across the dusty streets and you could hear the creaking of the barroom doors swinging in the wind.

I would suddenly get searing pain like a sword had been stuck through my back, or a thumbtack driven into my knee. Those are all gone.

I couldn’t read the credit card swipe machines and had trouble filling my car with gas. My memories were often so unreal I wondered if they really happened at all. Even around 18 months I was convinced I had permanent brain damage and would never be the same.

I could list another hundred symptoms but you all know them. My point is that it has all gone. I feel smarter, happier, and wiser than I have in ten years. I have no anxiety at all. I laugh to myself at silly things, I love people more than ever, I feel connected to every living thing. I think I have actually achieved the wisdom I searched for all my [...].

The last symptoms to go were extreme exhaustion and apathy. My depression lifted at around 18 to 20 months but I didn’t care anymore about anything and all I wanted to do was sleep. I still had [...] bizarre nightmares right up to about a month ago but those are now gone too.

My interest in work has returned. My sense of humor and wit has returned. My bladder works perfectly. No headaches, my teeth don’t hurt, my skin doesn’t itch; even my shoulder, knee and back no longer bother me at all. I feel competent once again. I can see better. I can multitask. I can make instant decisions. Even the texture of my hair and skin has changed dramatically.

I was taking seven different pills a day for blood pressure and now I’m down to one. My blood pressure is normal. I had gained 50 pounds and I’ve lost 30 of them in the last two months. My stomach no longer looks like I swallowed a basketball and I no longer have nausea or the spins.

I can drink coffee again. I have an occasional glass of wine and I can eat anything without being worried it’s going to result in an anxiety attack or crying spell.

Right up to two months ago I would wake up and wonder if I could make it through another day. Now I wake up happy and eager to get to my list of things to do.

Concentrate on the symptoms that are better or you no longer have. Don’t think about what is still wrong. Compare yourself with six months ago and you can see the difference. If you concentrate on the symptoms you still have it doesn’t feel like you’re making progress. Between 18 and 20 months I was on autopilot. I just kept going, feeling like it would never completely go away and I would never be the same again. I had come to terms with that, and then a month later realized that I was beginning to want to do things again. I noticed my speed of thought was increasing weekly and my cognitive precision was back. My memories are now back in order and I am able to recall them in vivid detail, but now they have time tags on them and no longer just pop up randomly.

Physically and mentally I feel as good or better than I have in ten years. I have recovered completely and have no lingering effects. My success story has no qualifiers. It has been 22 months and I’m like new.

For some reason, 12 to 18 months was the most difficult. I think it’s because you’re so exhausted and feeling hopeless. After 18 months it begins to get better but you feel like you’ll never be the way you were before, that there will always be some lingering symptoms. For me it began to really accelerate at around 20 months. I could tell I was beginning to get better but I had given up on being the person I once was.

I have been waiting to write this until I was positive I was completely healed.

I am.

Thank you everyone for all your help and support during the last two years. It made all the difference to know I wasn’t alone. Neither are you. You will get better. I promise.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I know this is a benzo story but I could not resist posting it here.  I don't know if this had already circulated (most things have) but the fact that this person healed after 12 years off his benzo was truly eye-opening for me.  Those who have been here a long time and thing "it's over for me -- I'm not going to heal," this should renew hope for you.

The link opens to the last page but you can go to page 1 by clicking the arrows left.

Best,

Andy

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=178596.140

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

MY dear friends.

I am giving you a true story from BenzoBuddies of a guy who is totally free and living live after 15 months of misery after stopping long term use of benzos and Remeron as well as other ADs. I have exhcanged messages with him and he is quite well now.

I am posting his story as i am myself going through a difficult taper of Remeron while trying to maintain my life intact and this gave me a lot of hope... I hope to all the Remeron taperers will give the same inspiration that is needed most of the time.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=180521.msg2386953#msg2386953

Read and believe in yourself my friends

The brain has the capability to heal. I am living it myself as at 2.35mg i am a lot better than i was when on 6Mg of Bromazepam and 15Mg of Remeron. WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT.

Good Luck in your Fights 

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

hi,

the man or woman registered on benzobuddies only end 2012, so we do not really know his past, he say 2011 he was in hospital and made mistake, what mistake? eating benzos?antidepressants, antipsychotics? we do not know, how long? one year? what doses? hospital often high doses

the 12 years?

from 2011 to today it is 6 years

he claims he is healed after 12 years, why not

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

• Moderator Emeritus

Stan,

Your choice as to whether to believe the man's story or to doubt it.  I simply posted it for a means of hope for those that could use it.

I don't have any of the answers to the questions you raise.  It's intent was to simply say that time can heal -- even a long time.

I'm sorry it didn't help you.

Best

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

hi , 

thanks, i read

the man writes march 2016 he is taking remeron 30  and trazodone...and another...

he was 20 years on benzos and apparently stopped them, but is taking other psychotropics

what a success story?

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

in protracted withdrawal

my dear andy,

i am not fighting, i go to read , being myself a victim

thanks for posting

friendly

stan

for anxiety 

in protracted withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

Understood, Stan.

I know how long you've been struggling with this.  You were one of the people I hoped my post would help so I was disappointed and bit frustrated when your initial reaction was to poke holes.

I wish you the best.

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Stan

Please read carefully my friend... The guy fast tapered all meds including Remeron and Trazodone and is totally FREE RIGHT NOW... After 15 months of miserable time he is suddenly experiencing a window that is not closing anymore...

There is a part in his story where he says:

I'm off all meds now and feel better than I have in years. My highlight was taking my kids on our first ski trip together this past spring break and it went really well. 
I wish the best for all of you. Hang in there my friends. I've watched many on bb's do it over the years and it will happen for you too

I even wrote a personal message to him to confirm this and he confirmed back that he is free of all the meds currently and feeling perfectly OK...

This is a real success story and it gave me real HOPE.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

Dave 86
  • Buddie
  • star-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gif
  • I love BenzoBuddies!
    • profile_sm.gif
    •  
    • im_off.gif
xx.gif
Re: Antidepressant choices
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 10:23:51 pm »

Gosh it seems like a catch 22. I'm on Remeron and Trazodone after a horrible detox cold turkey. I feel they have probably saved my life with being able to sleep during a very rough time but now I will have to taper off of these and someday. Unless it was life threatening I wouldn't start another psych med. I hate to say it but I have heard some say (on surviving antidepressants) that it was just as hard or even harder to stop their antidepressant as it was to stop their benzo. I could sugar coat it but that wouldn't be fair.
Dave

20 yrs on .5 clonazepam
20 yrs on 3-5 different A/D's (only one at a time)
Oct 2014 Dr gave me updose of 1.25 clonazepam because of high anxiety time in life. Have never felt like myself since. Rapid detox Jan 20 2015. Given Trazodone 150. Remeron 30. Inderal 20mg x 1. CT off Gabapentin 3/1/15. Constant tingling in face, mouth and most times in hands and feet. Tinnitus (comes and goes), tachycardia, heart palps. Worst symptoms by far are depression, confusion, fear, anxiety.
6 mths everything the same. No windows
14 mths pins and needles gone. The rest all the same. No windows

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=152284.msg2054407#msg2054407

i know my english is bad, but i understand he takes psychotropics march 2016 and speaks he will have to taper

for anxiety 

in protracted withdrawal

Dave 86

Buddie

I love BenzoBuddies!

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: What about Remeron?

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 10:08:44 pm »

I take Remeron  30. It helps me sleep after cold turkeying off clonazepam in a detox center. It does nothing for depression. It will take possibly 2years to taper off that now. Wished I would have never let them put me on that and Trazodone (another 2yr taper to get off)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Dave 86

Buddie

I love BenzoBuddies!

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Going back on Mirtazapine

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:01 am »

Jackson1,

I go to work everyday but it is a struggle as it is for everyone going through this. No I'm not on benzos anymore but the detox I went to was kind enough to send me home with 7 different meds to use with no description as to what they were for. Somehow I only ended up on four of them (I don't know how this happened) and cold turkey'd the Gabapentin after 30 days. Only 3 more little friends to get rid of over the course of about 4-5yrs hopefully. Sheesh

Dave 86

for anxiety 

in protracted withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Stan

I do not know why you continue to put sticks on this topic and why you discourage people by doing that???!!!

I do not have the time and also the will to lie people in here about fake success stories. I have suffered a lot during all this year and am continuing to tapper and this story gave me HOPE... as the success stories are just a few here i thought putting this in here will help all the people in your and my shoes. But you keep people away from their HOPE by showing messages from MARCH 2016 which is more than one year away. 

I AM REPEATING IN ENGLISH MY FRIEND THE GUY IS OFF ALL PSYCH MEDS ACCORDING TO HIS STORY AND THE MESSAGE BELOW THAT HE PRIVATELY SENT ME. Yes he did a fast taper of Trazodone and Remeron but now he is doin OK..... Check your records once more and please STAN let the people rejoice from those few success stories they can read.

useroff.gif Dave 86
  • Buddie
  • star-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gif
  • I love BenzoBuddies!
    • profile_sm.gif
    •  
    • im_off.gif
Re: (No subject)« Sent to: santino on: May 23, 2017, 07:48:41 pm » 
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
HI Dave

I red your success story and i am so happy you already did it. By the way are you already off all meds or still using something?

I am asking bcs i am still tapering Remeron and i am currently at the 2.6mg mark and some days i really have it tough buddy. 

All the best with your life my friend... you really deserve this.

Santino

Santino,
Yes I healed while tapering Trazodone and once I healed I tapered off remeron in about a month. Never felt any of the drops of either taper. I wish you the best. Hang in there. You will be back to your old self one day
Dave 86

• Moderator Emeritus

My Dear Friends..

I am attaching my last communication with the guy from benzobuddies to know that this is a genuine success story. If he did it there is no reason why we will not do it. 

useron.gif santinoRe: (No subject) « Sent to: Dave 86 on: May 31, 2017, 09:22:56 am »
HI Dave

I posted your success story into the survivingantidepressants forum. Your story is really remarkable proof of how the brain is able to heal itself. I can not believe the doctors who placed us in this misery and i am myself tapering slow off Remeron. Am currently at 2.3Mg and hopping to be well. I am determined to get back the life that was stolen from me.

THanks for writing your story. It is an inspiration and another proof that makes our fight worthy to fight.

I am sending back to you also a lot of wished from another forum in FB of people whoa are tapering Remeron. They were so happy for you and told me to pass their wishes for a happy and proseprous life ahead.

Good luck my friend and best wishes

Re: (No subject) « Sent to: santino on: June 04, 2017, 03:56:18 am »
Santino,
Thank you so much for your kind words!! It is so nice to think that maybe someone is helped simply by hearing from someone else that made it!! Thank you for sharing it with others!! That was so nice of you to share that with me. 
You too will make it my friend. Please hang in there like a fighter knowing that one day these stupid medicines will one day be behind you and you will be you again!! I wish you the absolute best. 
Dave 86

hi Andy

when you will discover over the web a few false recovery stories who are again on psychotropics, or only half recovery who claim to be 100%, you will be same as i, suspicious

this is not good for people who are really 100% recovery

we are only a name behind a screen told me someone

thanks for wishing me the best, i also wish you same,  life is not always easy

for anxiety 

in protracted withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

I understand, Stan.

Thanks for your reply and wishes.

Best,

Andy

On 6/8/2017 at 11:47 PM, stan said:

hi Andy

when you will discover over the web a few false recovery stories who are again on psychotropics, or only half recovery who claim to be 100%, you will be same as i, suspicious

this is not good for people who are really 100% recovery

we are only a name behind a screen told me someone

thanks for wishing me the best, i also wish you same,  life is not always easy

I'm not sure what you're getting at honestly.  Why would someone claim that they're 100% recovered if they're not fully sure that that's true?  A lot of people are hesitant to share their story until they know for sure they're 100% recovered.  If they weren't 100% recovered they wouldn't share the story in the first place because they wouldn't deeply feel as though what they were saying/writing about was true.  The story that was shared in the original post seems pretty legit to me.

Edited by ChessieCat
moved member's comment from quote to reply

June 2013 - Vyvanse 40mgs and Adderall 20mgs

March 2015 - Concerta 36mgs and Seroquel 50mgs

August 2016 - Vyvanse 50mgs

November 2016 - Current - Vyvanse 60mgs, Seroquel 50mgs (I cut them in half and only take 25mgs), Wellbutrin 450gs (I hardly ever take it)

Current Withdrawal Symptoms: Very abnormal pins and needles/bubble feeling on the right and backside of my head (thought it was a brain tumor, so got both an MRI and CT Scan that came back normal), random waves of extreme depression sometimes with suicidal thoughts, tired most of the time, get anxious for seemingly no reason, sometimes hard to sleep. 

September 6, 2021 - Completely off all drugs.  Still smoke a lot of cannabis.  Take Animal Pak, L Tyrosine, and Organic Mucana as supplements.

I can tell you the answer to this... when your on a drug a short time you get off and recover seems complete and off you go for awhile you seem ok..A few months down the line your not so ok.. but you limp along as withdrawal has long term healing if you should slip into a wave and go get more pills your more doomed... from what I have read ... repeated long term use even with many months between the more times you go on and off drugs the more you are destabilizing your body/brain.  

Withdrawal is often delayed.. when you think your done your not.  

They are not trying to mislead or lie they think they are done they do not realise what a long term issue this is.  

When wd is delayed there are erbs and flows... times where you have a long window and feel healed something like delayed withdrawal which keeps people taking these drugs thinking it is just them... not wd... a lot of people do not get wd symptoms for months after they stop taking the drug for many suspected reasons.  Once you system has been dysregulated by drugs it does NOT just bounce back online like a computer ... we are not computers and the drugs change the body FAST really fast the body CANNOT repair its self fast it is very slow... things have been damage new things need to grow systems that were forced to change to accommodate drugs have to try best they can to realign themselves...It is a huge mess made worse by people not knowing they are in wd and going back on drugs believing they are are mentally ill... no disregulated by a drug... it is a long term dysregulation it take a long term healing... it has many windows and waves and some are very long. 

New synapses that are grown are not as stable or as strong as the originals they can fail... back to the drawing board... 

take a look at this best video on the web

it takes a long time going back on drugs just puts you back further but sometimes people can't do it without drugs... going back on held me hostage for 18 years... add 10 + years of wd crap it is not such a good life but I am alive and I am here to tell about it many days I did not think I would get this far... so there is hope... where there is life there is hope 

It can take a long time ... look up Grace E Jackson if you can read her books you may learn more... I can't read them I wish somebody would

peace all

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I would like to give a heads up to this thread

protracted withdrawal is in part why this SA site exists.. the other unnamed site would not consider the possibility of its existence.. yet some of us had it..including this site owner. 

Folks who have protracted withdrawal also can have windows and think they are done... what we learn is symptoms change some leave new ones come.  and around we go... 

From old articles that have long ago be lost I have learned the longer your on the drugs the more times you restart the more likely you are to have protracted withdrawal... that from a paper I tried to keep hard copy of as I had a gut feeling it would be one of the one ones to go 404 and it was... no copy sorry.

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I know this person personally and have talked to him on the phone. He went through hell for many years. Yet he healed and is better than ever. 

2008: Put on Xanax in 2008.
2009: Eventually dosed up to 9MG
2010: Hospital almost died after fast taper down to 4mg Xanax 2010 - After
hospital put on 0.5mg 3x a day of clonazepam.
April 2014 - started taper
July 13 2014 - took my last dose. Tapered far to fast.
2015 - symptoms severe. Put on gabapentin and Prozac. Gabapentin - 300mg in AM and 600mg before bed. Prozac - 20mg in morning.
September 2015 - beginning titration off Prozac (have held at 19mg)
December 2016 - FREE from Prozac

February 2017 - FREE from Gabapentin OFF ALL MEDICATIONS