Crissy: Citalopram 10mg 3 weeks in for anxiety

Crissy

I have gone nuts on this drug. I went to the hospital twice thinking i was going crazy. My doc kept trying to throw more meds at me. Cymbalta and effexor which i didnt take.i havent been able to eat and have lost 21 lbs in 3 weeks. I gag all day. Im now depressed and having thoughts that I'm psycho. I only took .5mg the last 2 days. I have no energy cant sleep, dont want to do anything but lay in bed and obsess over what I'm feeling. Can i just STOP the meds??

Edited by scallywag
tags
  • Administrator

Welcome, Crissy.

Are you taking .5mg citalopram? How long were you taking it before you went off it?

This is a site for going off drugs. Many people have tried to quit and gotten withdrawal syndrome. It sounds like that's what happened to you.

Please read

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off Celexa (citalopram) explains how to take small amounts of citalopram

Did taking .5mg citalopram reduce the withdrawal symptoms at all?

Tips for tapering off Celexa (citalopram)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

No i was on 10mg had a horrible reaction went down to .5 for two days and then was told to stop them right away due to adverse reactios.