hussy

Hussy: Has anyone recovered from PSSD substantially

4 posts in this topic

Hi I took effaxor for 5 months 75mg. I stopped 4.5 months ago and still stuck with PSSD.

How hopeful should I be, do people here recover substantially from PSSD? 

hussy -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I'm sorry that you are experiencing symptoms 4.5 months after having stopped taking Effexor. 

Would you tell us how you stopped Effexor -- all at once, in steps, skipping days?

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

PSSD is a condition that causes a great deal of suffering. We have a topic where others dealing with it post. Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction. People do recover from PSSD; you'll find more and better information on other sites; links for those sites are in the PSSD topic. On this site, we aren't aware of any effective treatments for PSSD and haven't done much study on the prognosis of the condition.

I hope that you'll find the discussion at our PSSD topic helpful and the information and support you seek through the resources we've linked.

Check out the success stories section. I remember someone wrote about that.... and totally recovetedbut can't remember name of the person...

I have heard of people recovering from PSSD. I think there is hope for recovery