SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

lottie: windows and waves

lottie

I know we all struggle and in this 6 years of protracted withdrawal I have struggled with the  waves which come with a catalogue of symptoms intense agitation akasthesia  nausea  tummy cramps cow pat pooh negative intrusive thoughts suicidal ideation fatigue memory loss insomnia  cognitive impairment...

I have been on many FB groups to help with adrenal fatigue mercury issues biochemical issues depression anxiety and much more... then I get windows which are just a return to well being nothing more than feeling well and content no excessive highs but accompanied by a good appetite ability to sleep and cope with mild stress

I recently found the protracted withdrawal groups and have learnt a great deal not least about windows and waves... no one was able to tell me why I would get  a week of wellness and 10 days of extreme acute illness....

I really need tools to help with this as I cant see myself lasting much longer...it is like sitting on an electric charge through my CNS....

I have tried chiropractic therapy homeopathy psychotherapy bowen therapy the latter has seen some improvement but plotting over the last 6 years it has been a very slow very very slow trajectory to recovery,,,

I am 58 soon to retire...ive I don't work I feel much worse ....work acts as a distraction...

if anyone can suggest something other than a supplement, ive tried most with no success..., I would be grateful ... I have given up gluten etc I do yoga and walk I think I have become chemical sensitive... it is all just too difficult... thank you very much...it is a bad day ... reaching out  

Edited by scallywag
insert paragraph breaks for readability
  • scallywag changed the title to lottie: windows and waves
  • Moderator Emeritus

lottie -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

Have you seen our topic on Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms. The ideas there help with cognitive and physical symptoms too.

You may find it helpful to browse our Symptoms and self-care forum or to search for specific topics there. The site has a decent search tool. Many people prefer to use a web search tool such as google or bing using search terms "site:survivingantidepressants.org" AND a keyword for the symptom, e.g. "akathisia"

Tell us a more about your medication history: A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

This is YOUR introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.

Please let us know how we can help and how you are doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Hi Lottie,

oh boy, 6 years sounds like an aweful long time to deal with such intense waves. But overall- you DO see improvement? a very very slow one? I tend to think that I'm only terrible and miserable ALL THE TIME when I'm in a wave, even if thats not true and the good days might even outreach the bad ones for the last couple of months... When I'm desperate, depresses and all at once at the very worst the only

thing that helps me is to tell

myself constantly that I love myself anyway. That I love myself the way I feel now, doesn't matter if happy or sad.. maybe even more so when I am sad because I need this appreciation. I know it's not the easiest thing to do because all we want is to feel

better and we blame ourselves for not being there yet. Even if it takes time I am convinced that all withdrawal related issues will pass at some point. 

Hope your spirit lifts very soon!! 

Best,

Pepita

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

thank you pepita .. that was beautiful to read and so true how these waves can totally destroy the good in our soul.. I very much appreciate your wise words