SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

PSSD Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction

Altostrata

Yep - SSRI's are a very effective technique for permanently sterilizing a certain % of the general public.

Psychiatrists have ALWAYS wanted to sterilize the general public and with SSRIs they finally found a very effective tool for damaging the nerves associated with relationships, sexuality, and child bearing without the patient realizing what's really happening to their bodies until it's too late. 

All it takes is just a  few weeks to a few months of this stuff too - sometimes as little as a couple of pills.  In the old days, doctors had to perform vasectomies, which was very inconvenient and the paperwork was quite complicated - these days, children are indoctrinated with so much nonsense their entire lives that when depression towards society happens, there is strict obedience to man in the white coat. 

Brilliant, but horrendously unethical.

Wow. Let's not get too worked up about this. So what if there's a plan to depopulate the masses through SSRIs, what does that got to do with your recovery? Is this discovery an excuse to throw in the towel? Human beings are capable of extraordinary feats. Check out the movie Lorenzo's Oil see the power of faith and what ordinary people can do in the mist of the impossible. They are people who recover from this and some have been on this very site. The human mind is still a medical mystery capable of amazing things. Health is our birthright. I browsed the propeciahelp forums and their recovery stories are nothing short of amazing. Even though the medicine is different, the symptoms are practically identical. I believe we can achieve the same results. I've been in the pit of despair, some of us know this place well. It's up to us to climb our way out. Rather then self terminate(easy way out), fight for the only life you have. It's unfortunate that many have to experience this. We need to all come together and figure this out. Be the best person you can be health wise, mentally, physically, spiritually. Do everything you can possibly can before you throw in the towel and that better be when you have honestly tried everything. Even then locate someone who is trying like (Ghost and others) We must fight for a good life, that's our honor. So we can claim this victory and say we survived. I feel no matter what, we must heal. Don't let anyone take your life without a fight! It's the only one you have. 

Buspur         Jan  2017 on and off.

Mirtazphine  Feb 2017 15mg once

Trazadone    Feb 2017 25mg once

Ambien        Feb 2017 5 mg once

Seroquel      Jan 2017 5mg once

Paxil            Feb 2017 5mg twice

Currently drug-free :)

Madmeds speaks some truth. This PSSD has taken me to some very dark places, and the thought that i may never heal has left me feeling suicidal many a time. Still there is no guarantee that if you kill yourself wherever you go (if there is another place) that you wont have all your problems in that place too. We need to collectively stand up to the drug companies and the arrogant/ ignorant doctors and refuse to be silenced, or let our suffering be ignored. I don't think i can be at peace until PSSD is officially acknowledged as a real condition, and steps are taken to help people who suffer from it. I have suffered too much to let this lie.

Last took an SSRI January 2009.

Last took a benzodiazepine May 2015.

Free from all prescription medication since May 2015.

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

• Administrator

SurvivingAntidepressants.org is not a site specifically about PSSD. I strongly recommend participation on pssdforum.com or the Yahoo group SSRIsex if you want to discuss PSSD with other PSSD sufferers.

This is a site for going off psychiatric drugs and recovery from them. We do see recovery from PSSD and other withdrawal syndrome symptoms. Recovery can be slow and frustrating. Worry, self-blame, and self-pity tend to make symptoms worse -- to aid healing, you need to reshape your nervous system to counter dire thoughts, not reinforce them.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

This is a thread about PSSD though. So surely talking about it is relevant. It wouldn't be much use if you had a thread on PSSD and the main topic of conversation wasn't about PSSD.I dont understand.

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

I think the major symptom for me and what seems to cause PSSD as well is anhedonia. I think it is emotional numbness the reason for it all.

The problem is what can cure drug induced anhedonia? Is time able to heal it? It is clearly a result of messing up with brain chemistry. But what can bring things back to normal in our brains??

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

Wow. Let's not get too worked up about this. So what if there's a plan to depopulate the masses through SSRIs, what does that got to do with your recovery? Is this discovery an excuse to throw in the towel? Human beings are capable of extraordinary feats. Check out the movie Lorenzo's Oil see the power of faith and what ordinary people can do in the mist of the impossible. They are people who recover from this and some have been on this very site. The human mind is still a medical mystery capable of amazing things. Health is our birthright. I browsed the propeciahelp forums and their recovery stories are nothing short of amazing. Even though the medicine is different, the symptoms are practically identical. I believe we can achieve the same results. I've been in the pit of despair, some of us know this place well. It's up to us to climb our way out. Rather then self terminate(easy way out), fight for the only life you have. It's unfortunate that many have to experience this. We need to all come together and figure this out. Be the best person you can be health wise, mentally, physically, spiritually. Do everything you can possibly can before you throw in the towel and that better be when you have honestly tried everything. Even then locate someone who is trying like (Ghost and others) We must fight for a good life, that's our honor. So we can claim this victory and say we survived. I feel no matter what, we must heal. Don't let anyone take your life without a fight! It's the only one you have. 

I'm going to respond to this comment.  What's there not to get worked up about?  We were seriously injured and we're here sharing our knowledge with one another.   Yes I know, humans are incredible - but let's not smoke too much hopium here - humans are NOT that incredible, after all we've basically destroyed most of the global ecosystems and scientists are confident that humans kill more species each year than at any other point since the Jurassic Extinction event 60 million years ago.   Socially, we've also created one of the most unstable and unsustainable societies every conceived, and we routinely poison our population with psychiatric drugs that do more harm than good.  In the past, humans did horrendous things to each-other, and we still do to this day (have you seen the news about Syria?).

I agree with Alto - it's important to focus on the positive to aid recovery, but let's not be unrealistic about the terrible things that humans have done to eachother and to the planet we live on - we need to understand our true nature in order to accurately protect ourselves FROM our sometimes injurious and menacing mainstream society.  Psychiatry is a weapon used by sick sociopaths and psycopaths to injure innocent people, to keep our population incapable of fighting back, and to control those among us who dislike mainstream society and have unique personalities that are not consistent with it's rules.  I would STROGLY recommend reading Whitaker's book Mad In America to get a better idea of just how sick and twisted psychiatry as a philosophy really can be - at almost NO POINT in their entire history have psychiatrists ever helped society, but have consistently injured and maimed their patients because they were so frustrated and incapable of doing anything to help.

The pain that we have experienced is very real, and PSSD is one of the most miserable conditions along with anhedonia that many experience.  When people come to together and share their experiences, there is hope just in the community spirit of the endevor and to know that we're not alone.  Knowing that we're not alone is incredibly important, and for this reason SA as a website is so incredibly important.   Yes there are other websites like the PSSD forum - but the more places to bounce around ideas and share experiences the more powerful this movement can become in my opinion.

• Administrator

The population of PSSD sufferers on this site is relatively small. If you want to discuss PSSD, you would be better off participating on a PSSD-specific site where you would get more of a variety of viewpoints.

Discussions here too often are nothing but hot air, trading of bad information, and reinforcement of negative attitudes. That is not the objective of this site.

We do see people recover from PSSD. Like other withdrawal symptoms, progress can be very slow, halting, and frustrating. Having any withdrawal symptoms for a long time is not "forever" or "permanent."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

While i agree Altrostrata that keeping a positive attitude is important while in recovery, i think it is understandable to not be able to maintain a positive attitude the whole time, especially considering the unpleasant nature of PSSD, and how long it often takes to recover from PSSD. Feeling as if you are permanently stuck with PSSD after not seeing much if any recovery after many years i think is a normal way to feel, even if people do eventually recover. I was wondering if your recovery happened all at once or if it was a back and forth pattern of improvements and then those improvements vanishing, until the windows eventually became "permanent". Also do you feel you have fully recovered from PSSD altostrata?

I'm going to respond to this comment.  What's there not to get worked up about?  We were seriously injured and we're here sharing our knowledge with one another.   Yes I know, humans are incredible - but let's not smoke too much hopium here - humans are NOT that incredible, after all we've basically destroyed most of the global ecosystems and scientists are confident that humans kill more species each year than at any other point since the Jurassic Extinction event 60 million years ago.   Socially, we've also created one of the most unstable and unsustainable societies every conceived, and we routinely poison our population with psychiatric drugs that do more harm than good.  In the past, humans did horrendous things to each-other, and we still do to this day (have you seen the news about Syria?).

I agree with Alto - it's important to focus on the positive to aid recovery, but let's not be unrealistic about the terrible things that humans have done to eachother and to the planet we live on - we need to understand our true nature in order to accurately protect ourselves FROM our sometimes injurious and menacing mainstream society.  Psychiatry is a weapon used by sick sociopaths and psycopaths to injure innocent people, to keep our population incapable of fighting back, and to control those among us who dislike mainstream society and have unique personalities that are not consistent with it's rules.  I would STROGLY recommend reading Whitaker's book Mad In America to get a better idea of just how sick and twisted psychiatry as a philosophy really can be - at almost NO POINT in their entire history have psychiatrists ever helped society, but have consistently injured and maimed their patients because they were so frustrated and incapable of doing anything to help.

The pain that we have experienced is very real, and PSSD is one of the most miserable conditions along with anhedonia that many experience.  When people come to together and share their experiences, there is hope just in the community spirit of the endevor and to know that we're not alone.  Knowing that we're not alone is incredibly important, and for this reason SA as a website is so incredibly important.   Yes there are other websites like the PSSD forum - but the more places to bounce around ideas and share experiences the more powerful this movement can become in my opinion.

Great point. 

Buspur         Jan  2017 on and off.

Mirtazphine  Feb 2017 15mg once

Trazadone    Feb 2017 25mg once

Ambien        Feb 2017 5 mg once

Seroquel      Jan 2017 5mg once

Paxil            Feb 2017 5mg twice

Currently drug-free :)

• Administrator

Your pain and distress are real, but doing nothing about it but complaining on a Web site, volleying back and forth and making it bigger and bigger, is not good for you or the Web site.

Your sexuality does not define your entire personality. While there is much to mourn about abilities lost to drug withdrawal syndrome, PSSD, or other injury, it's in your best interest (and good for your nervous system) to develop other ways to build relationships and other interests to aid your healing, which may take a long time.

PSSD may halt some activities, but you should not let it and your distress over it to halt your development as a person.

Also, as I've explained many, many times, when you add worry, guilt, and anger to withdrawal syndrome, it puts more stress on your nervous system. This isn't to say those emotions are not justified, but for your own good, you need to turn your thoughts and feelings away from regret and revenge and towards healing. Later, you can calmly decide how you'll get even.

I agree with what you are saying altostrata, and most days i am busy trying to develop myself as a person and build towards a better future despite the PSSD. Its just that some days i get overwhelmed with anger about how much these drugs took from me and the years i lost. I try to keep the anger to myself, but every once and a while the anger spills over and i have a rant. I am only human.

German researchers from the city of Ulm are interested in doing an fmri study about PSSD (not Post-SSRI PGAD/premature ejaculation). If you are sure that you have PSSD and if you are interested in taking part, please send an email to sulawesi1@web.de

There are several criteria - just to mention a few: you must be male, the sexual dysfunction appeared for the first time during the treatment and is still present after quitting the medication and you may not suffer from depression, etc.

The PSSD forum has been reopened to all new members. Sorry for any previous confusion. All are welcome, and previous issues barring admission have been solved.

I've also created the following site for information on PSSD, which might help members here:

www.pssdlab.wordpress.com

and in particular:

https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/about/pssd-resources/

Escitalopram 5mg 4 days Sept 14'

Adderal 1mg (Very Rarely Taken) (Not since Fall '14)

Trazodone 50mg: 1 week in Sept '14. Few days Dec 14'. 3 days Jan '16.

Experience with: St. John's Wort, Turmeric, Zinc, Inositol, Ginkgo

"I don't want to believe. I want to know" - Carl Sagan

Admin on www.pssdforum.com "Ghost"-----Moderator for PSSD subreddit  "GhostPSSD" (reddit.com/r/PSSD)

My Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9564-gh0sts-escitalopram-wd/

My PSSD Theory: reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/46b4w1/ghost_pssd_article/

I'm one month through withdrawal

Anyone experienced partially erect penis and ejaculation while not fully erect during withdrawal?

Does it get better with time?

2004-2007 paxil

Mostly experiencing PSSD

Dr David Healy is urging people who suffer PSSD to make an official Rxisk report on the Rxisk website regarding PSSD. He has almost reached his goal of achieving the amount of reports he needs to compile and contrast the existing reports he has, to see if there are any similarities between the cases etc, and to see what the Rxisk team can learn from this. Please if you suffer from PSSD go onto the Rxisk website and fill out an official report. You can do this by clicking on the option at the top of the page called "drug side effect" at the top of the Rxisk page, and following the instructions from there. Every report counts towards this horrible condition being better understood and researched. Thanks

• Administrator

Thanks for that information, Spruce30.

Thats ok. Dr David Healy has been emailing me as i asked him about what happened to the research on PSSD that was supposed to take place at Cardiff University. For anyone who would like to know the research didn't go ahead as the Rxisk team now think that PSSD is unlikely to be caused by a problem in the brain, but is most likely caused by a problem in the spinal cord or the genital area. Dr Healy didn't elaborate on how they had come to this conclusion. The research didn't go ahead as the high powered brain scanning was unlikely to reveal anything much of interest.

This would make sense because my legs are numbing at the same rate as my PSSD, but the emotional side of it is also a factor unrelated to the spinal cord. Also, my genitals would sting if I sleep on my side, I now have to sleep on my back hoping it wouldn't excelerate my PSSD. Another interesting thing is my legs would start to sting and burn and it would trigger my genitals to do the same. Excerise would help the stinging but numbing gets worse my the month. My whole body is less sensitive too.

Short Term Case: 7 pill of 10 mg of Modafinil in a 3 month span, but last 3 I took back to back causing severe withdrawals, lasting 3 weeks. Than 2 pills lexapro to help withdrawal lead to more withdrawal.  I have most symptoms Pssd, emotional loss, cognitive issues, nerve damage in legs.  Also 2 benzodiazepines.  Not much to damage me long term...

Interesting interview with a 21 year old with PSSD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsb3uMFWik&t=1887s

Sorry these have been moved over to a new channel!

Here  "Interesting interview with a 21 year old with PSSD:"

and a second PSSD interview with another young person:

If people could re-comment and like etc etc. It may help PSSD get more noticed.

If people can keep reporting on RXISK, apparently he is close to the number needed for the next step! So please as many people report your PSSD on rxisk if you haven't already. See more http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14433-make-an-official-rxisk-report-about-your-pssd/

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

Has anyone suffered and recovered from soft gland syndrome? Please share your thoughts I've used lexapro for 2 months and I got this pssd that won't go away after 2 months off the drug

Thanks

2004-2007 paxil

Mostly experiencing PSSD

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit random, but on the Paxil Progress forum there was a member who had PSSD, and then eventually went to medical school. I remember the post from a few years back, but don't remember anything else. I'm still planning on applying to medical school next year, and have a few friends with PSSD who are becoming doctors as well. I would like to get in contact with all health professionals with PSSD for research/support/communication reasons. Does anyone remember who this member was, and how I could possibly contact him still?

Maybe PM-ing me details would be the best way forwards. I'm not active here a ton, so I can also be reached at ghostpssd@gmail.com, or on the PSSD forum.

Thanks,

Ghost

Admin on www.pssdforum.com "Ghost"-----Moderator for PSSD subreddit  "GhostPSSD" (reddit.com/r/PSSD)

My Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9564-gh0sts-escitalopram-wd/

I remember the guy if U talk Gh0st, but I don't remember Its username. He was Scandinavian, and He had passed the admission test at a Norwegian MD school. He said he had solved in a couple of years off paxil, the symptoms of PSSD and WD.

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

HI ALL its been 2 months stopped taking zyprexa and invega(only 20 days)and i still have all the symptoms of PSSD i really need help 

none believes me neither doctors friends or family 

i took that awful pills for only 20 days how can that be possible 

i still have the enlargement breast and i seriously think my life destroyed 

iam becoming more and more suicidal every day 

i was wrong informed and baited from the doctor that i have a mentally illness

help it was a mistake and ill not be able to have my sex life back 

i wanna die 

heres is my story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14625-hades-antipsychotics/#entry285842

really that torture has no end 

HI ALL its been 2 months stopped taking zyprexa and invega(only 20 days)and i still have all the symptoms of PSSD i really need help 

i wanna die 

heres is my story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14625-hades-antipsychotics/#entry285842

This is not PSSD, You did not take SSRIs, this is post antipsychotic sexual dysfunction some people called it PASD, Is rarer than PSSD, as serotonin receptors are more complex than dopaminergic receptors, With PSSD there is a epigenetic Desensitization of 5HT1-A serotonin receptors in the raphe nuclei. While with antipsychotics, sexual dysfunctions occur for the blockade of D2 dopamine receptors, And is usually not persistent as PSSD, and there are more change for recovery. I do not understand why prescribing two antipsychotics together, both acting on the same receptors, some doctors are crazy.

I know one guy in these years have a persistent sexual dysfunction from Abilify is simil of the drugs if you take, and in some months/1 year he is return to normal.

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

I remember the guy if U talk Gh0st, but I don't remember Its username. He was Scandinavian, and He had passed the admission test at a Norwegian MD school. He said he had solved in a couple of years off paxil, the symptoms of PSSD and WD.

Thanks, that is a helpful place to start, and definitely the guy I remember!

i wanna die 

This is not PSSD, You did not take SSRIs, this is post antipsychotic sexual dysfunction some people called it PASD, Is rarer than PSSD, as serotonin receptors are more complex than dopaminergic receptors, With PSSD there is a epigenetic Desensitization of 5HT1-A serotonin receptors in the raphe nuclei. While with antipsychotics, sexual dysfunctions occur for the blockade of D2 dopamine receptors, And is usually not persistent as PSSD, and there are more change for recovery. I do not understand why prescribing two antipsychotics together, both acting on the same receptors, some doctors are crazy.

I know one guy in these years have a persistent sexual dysfunction from Abilify is simil of the drugs if you take, and in some months/1 year he is return to normal.

chuck, from what i read about the tthese drugs antipsycotics acting on 5HT1-A serotonin receptors and dopamine 2 receptors so it can be pssd too i suppose

also it will be interesting to say that i noticed the totally numbness of my genitals when doctors gave me the second antipsycotics (invega,which i took for only 2

days) when i have been taking the zypraexa for 2 weeks.then after 2 days i stopped invega and i start again zyprexa for 5 more days.i think its possible that the

receptors messed up when they gave me the second drug above the another.it does make sense cause i really remember that day i stooped have sensation of

my genitals.

Hades report it to David Healy on the Rxisk website by following the steps to fill out a Rxisk report on the Rxisk website. David Healy is collecting reports of PSSD to see whether anything can be learnt from the different cases. His email is david.healy@rxisk.org. He will want to hear your story of sexual dysfunction continuing even after stopping the medication, and even if it was caused by antipsychotics. He will also respect if you wish to remain anonomous.

Ok, first of all Im desperate, having high anxiety, ruminating, cant think of another thing other than my symptoms.

My intro topic: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14742-shadowman-dont-know-what-to-do/

Anyone here had experienced this arousal-like sensation that dont go away? and no success after trying to "alleviate" them?
I had them some times while on Lexapro, but they disappeared in some days, plus its hard to get and keep an erection(impossible without physical stimulation), I still have orgasm, but they are ruined by the arousal-like sensation of no satisfaction.

But I noticed two strange things, first this sensation varies a lot from intensity and area, I only feel the "arousal-like" when its in the glan, but sometimes the feeling move to the shaft(which feels like a disconfort), to the perineum area which is not that bad, and sometimes even closer to my leg, always seems to affect the right side of the body(I felt something like this before). Due to me having a leg shorter than the other, I used to feel pain in my right leg.

Second thing is the absence of pre-ejaculatory fluid, and small quantities of semen when ejaculating, last time, I felt disconfort in my periineum area, like some tension, and I felt some ******** disconfort too.

While on lexapro, even paroxetine, my sexual life was nice, just orgasming was hard. I noticed that after I strated taking Losartan 50mg 2x/day, sometimes this difficulty to get and keep an erection appeared, but eventually all returned to normal, some days after stopping lexapro I was experiencing the same thing.

Im starting to think that something else is wrong too...

Whats driving me crazy is that freakin sensation all the time! Cant focus on anything... Im only thinking about trying to live with it forever or submit me to some surgical procedure to numb the freaking area..., my head is a mess right now, Im trying to stay on a low dose of bromazepam to help me with this a little! Im thinkin of reinstating to see if the things get a little better... Crappy erections and lack of libido I think that I can handle, but this...

Sorry for the long post but Im really disturbed! I just left school, work, since I live alone here Im moving back to my parents city, tomorrow I will see the MD who prescribed me lexapro, lets see what he will do, Im seeing a loooong list of blood tests..

Paroxetine 40mg from 2005 to 2013,
between 2007 - 2009 I stopped cold turkey, no problems, less than a week with brain zaps and thats it
2009 started taking Paroxetine again
2013 easy transition to Lexapro 15mg + Wellbutrin XL 300
2015 dropped Wellbutrin without problems
04/2017 transition to Pristiq taking 7,5mg of Lexapro + 25mg of Pristiq, than dropped Lexapro
bad things starting,
05/2017 stopped Pristiq, being in hell!

05/14/2017 -> Most of the symptoms ceased, constant arousal like sensation and erectyle disfunction appeared. Anxietys on the roof, dread thoughts. Using a little bit of bromazepam.
Reinstated LexaPro + Wellbutrin
08/2017 -> tappered fast both
05/2018 -> SEVERE worsening, keep getting worse

Anyone recovered from soft/ cold glans ? Please share with us

2004-2007 paxil

Mostly experiencing PSSD

Ok, first of all Im desperate, having high anxiety, ruminating, cant think of another thing other than my symptoms.

My intro topic: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14742-shadowman-dont-know-what-to-do/

Anyone here had experienced this arousal-like sensation that dont go away? and no success after trying to "alleviate" them?

I had them some times while on Lexapro, but they disappeared in some days, plus its hard to get and keep an erection(impossible without physical stimulation), I still have orgasm, but they are ruined by the arousal-like sensation of no satisfaction.

But I noticed two strange things, first this sensation varies a lot from intensity and area, I only feel the "arousal-like" when its in the glan, but sometimes the feeling move to the shaft(which feels like a disconfort), to the perineum area which is not that bad, and sometimes even closer to my leg, always seems to affect the right side of the body(I felt something like this before). Due to me having a leg shorter than the other, I used to feel pain in my right leg.

Second thing is the absence of pre-ejaculatory fluid, and small quantities of semen when ejaculating, last time, I felt disconfort in my periineum area, like some tension, and I felt some ******** disconfort too.

While on lexapro, even paroxetine, my sexual life was nice, just orgasming was hard. I noticed that after I strated taking Losartan 50mg 2x/day, sometimes this difficulty to get and keep an erection appeared, but eventually all returned to normal, some days after stopping lexapro I was experiencing the same thing.

Im starting to think that something else is wrong too...

Whats driving me crazy is that freakin sensation all the time! Cant focus on anything... Im only thinking about trying to live with it forever or submit me to some surgical procedure to numb the freaking area..., my head is a mess right now, Im trying to stay on a low dose of bromazepam to help me with this a little! Im thinkin of reinstating to see if the things get a little better... Crappy erections and lack of libido I think that I can handle, but this...

Sorry for the long post but Im really disturbed! I just left school, work, since I live alone here Im moving back to my parents city, tomorrow I will see the MD who prescribed me lexapro, lets see what he will do, Im seeing a loooong list of blood tests..

Welcome to hell actual.  It's very uncomfortable here, life is not pleasant, and the future is bleak at best.  Most of us just disappear into society suffering in silence as the world continues to spin out of control and in increasingly more complex and ludicrous fashions.  We try to remember the past, but the heat from this torture we call life is too intense and often times we are forced to live one day at a time, holding our suffering close to our breasts, like a heartbroken mother holds her dying infant.

I have positive news to report. I spent 13 years on Paxil and it really took a toll on my libido/sex life. Eventually, I lost interest in sex and literally felt numb in the groin area. I became very cynical about sex, which was a big change since I had always been a sexually active person with a healthy sexual appetite. A few months ago, I had a cardiac event (I'm 61) and my doctors ordered me off Paxil because it could cause my condition (AFib) to worsen. It was a fast taper and I suffered from brain zaps, heightened anxiety, confusion and insomnia. Those symptoms have all been moderating, thankfully. But the most noticeable change has been in the sexual arena.

I've been in a new relationship for the past 5 months and prior to quitting Paxil we were having sex but I couldn't get an erection. I could still pleasure my partner, but I wasn't having orgasms, except mentally, lol. Now, after a couple of months off Paxil, I have begun to get erections and have actual intercourse! The resulting orgasms have been fantastic. I'm still getting into the swing of things, so to speak, but my partner is thrilled with the improvement and as I regain my sexual confidence, my erections are lasting longer and intercourse is getting longer in duration. So there is obviously hope despite all the horror stories. Am I a statistical anomaly along the PSSD spectrum? I'm curious if others have had a similar experience.

Paroxetine: rapid taper, off completely as of 4/15/17

I have positive news to report. I spent 13 years on Paxil and it really took a toll on my libido/sex life. Eventually, I lost interest in sex and literally felt numb in the groin area. I became very cynical about sex, which was a big change since I had always been a sexually active person with a healthy sexual appetite. A few months ago, I had a cardiac event (I'm 61) and my doctors ordered me off Paxil because it could cause my condition (AFib) to worsen. It was a fast taper and I suffered from brain zaps, heightened anxiety, confusion and insomnia. Those symptoms have all been moderating, thankfully. But the most noticeable change has been in the sexual arena.

I've been in a new relationship for the past 5 months and prior to quitting Paxil we were having sex but I couldn't get an erection. I could still pleasure my partner, but I wasn't having orgasms, except mentally, lol. Now, after a couple of months off Paxil, I have begun to get erections and have actual intercourse! The resulting orgasms have been fantastic. I'm still getting into the swing of things, so to speak, but my partner is thrilled with the improvement and as I regain my sexual confidence, my erections are lasting longer and intercourse is getting longer in duration. So there is obviously hope despite all the horror stories. Am I a statistical anomaly along the PSSD spectrum? I'm curious if others have had a similar experience.

After such a rapid taper having been on the drug for so long, you are the equivalent of someone who manages to escape a plane crash into the ocean with nothing more than a bruised rib.  Many of us also tried such a quick taper and were left severely damaged in many ways.

I wouldn't say your experience is uncommon, in fact many people in society tend to survive such quick tapers, without much noticeable damage.  

Congratulations on your new life, and stay away from antidepressants for the rest of your life - subsequent exposures may not be as forgiving.

• 2 weeks later...
I've created a place on my site dedicated to documenting recovery stories. The plan is that it will give hope to sufferers and help figure out what might be able to help with PSSD symptoms. I have seen many threads across the internet trying to collect these stories, but many have shut down or are hard to access on large threads. I'm hoping that this might be easier for people to follow.

I am actively looking for new stories. I'll look over the PSSD recoveries from this site, but if you want to send them to me, I am easily reachable at
ghostpssd@gmail.com
I don't come here too often, and therefore don't check this thread regularly.

-Ghost

Edited by scallywag
edit email address hoping to reduce spamming of it

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy