Hello, I was diagnosed with fibro in 1994. I was just diagnosed by a rheumatologist with CSS - central sensitivity syndrome. A central nervous system disease/disorder that makes people hypersensitive to almost everything. Here are two studies that might be of interest: Fibromyalgia and Overlapping Disorders: The Unifying Concept of Central Sensitivity Syndromes by Muhammad B Yunus, MD

-also: clinical review and education- JAMA April 16, 2014 volume 311, number 15  - Fibromyalgia A Clinical Review by Daniel J Clauw, MD. These articles show how the central nervous system plays a huge role in why so many of us have fibromyalgia CFS/ME, MCS-Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, etc. This explains why I've had so much trouble with antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and withdrawals, along with so many other physical and emotional symptoms 

Withdrawals, PAWS, discontinuation syndrome. Prozac 25yrs, ampitryptyline 25 yrs, Xanax 3yrs, ( Fibromyalgia pain and anxiety) neurontin 3 months, lexapro 1yrs. Withdrawals. Horrific. Brain zaps, pressure in head, confusion, short term memory loss, weakness, debilitating exhaustion, shaking, trembling, insomnia, nausea, brain fog and pressure, short of breath, cramping, muscle spasms, twitching. Diarrhea, mood changes, crying, All over body feeling unwell. 

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy