If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

What will get you warned or banned

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

This is a support site. While other forum sites may permit some aggressive behaviors, we do not. Our members are already experiencing an unfortunate amount of stress.

We understand you may be angry, anxious, or dwelling on self-harm due to your own condition. We'll give you some latitude and pointers about your behavior in PMs. But if you cross the line 4 times, you will be banned from the site.

Moderators may ask you to reword, or they may remove offending posts or topics.

The warning system
This site is equipped with a warning system for use by the moderators. (Under your screen name on each post, you can see your warning points. Only you and the mods can see this.)

The mods will notify you in a pm that you've been warned.

If you go ahead and do the thing you've been warned about, you'll get another warning, up to 4 warnings.

Currently, if you get 4 warnings, you will be banned automatically.

What will get you warned
Here are a few things that may get you warnings:

- Arguing with a moderator or the administrator in a topic or in a PM. You may present your case reasonably; take care about your tone. Once you get a decision, accept it gracefully. Mistakes may be made, give us the benefit of the doubt, we're trying to keep the peace for the greater good. (It is never a good idea to get on the wrong side of an administrator or moderator.)

- Attacking another member in a topic. Disagreements must be civil. No ad hominems -- per Wikipedia: "... an attempt to link the truth of a claim to a negative characteristic or belief of the person advocating it...." See more about Abusive ad hominem.

If you argue with or attack an administrator or moderator, or attack another member, your posts may be put on indefinite review. They will need approval by an admin or mod before they are published.

- Harassing or stalking another member.

- Recruiting your friends to gang up on a member. This is also known as a pile-on.

- Racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, or other hate speech.

- Asking for support for many self-generated emergencies. While we are sympathetic to people in distress, we're only a peer support site and we cannot do anything for people who are in the habit of self-harming in any way, be it via alcohol, risky or antisocial behavior, avoidable hospitalizations, irresponsible use of drugs, avoidable accidents, fights, or threats of suicide.

We have seen that going on and off additional psychiatric drugs can worsen adverse effects, including withdrawal symptoms. If you add drugs and have an adverse effect, you will need to discuss it with the prescribing doctor -- we won't be able to help you. (If you feel you need continued drug treatment, your needs may be better met on forums such as depressionforums.org  or patientslikeme.com.)

If you find you are somehow involved in frequent emergencies, please seek face-to-face counseling. As emergencies can be upsetting to other members of the community, if you frequently report emergencies that you might have avoided, you will be asked to leave -- your needs are beyond the capabilities of online peer support.

(Please read For those who are feeling desperate or suicidal )

(If your life is currently chaotic, this would be a very bad time to go off psychiatric drugs. Withdrawal symptoms may very well add to the complications in your life. Not being able to focus on careful tapering can be dangerous.)

- Using all capital letters in posts.
On the Internet, the use of ALL CAPITALS to communicate is interpreted as shouting. Posts entirely in capital letters irritate the moderators and will not get you extraordinary attention, if that is your purpose.

Moderators will hide posts that are entirely in all caps. If you persist in using all caps, you may get warnings. Upon the 4th warning, you will be banned.

Please keep this a civil community. Use your inside voice instead of all caps.

- Aggressively advocating religious practices
Our members come from all over the world, of all faiths, religions, and age groups. We support the private pursuit of religious or spiritual support, but caution members against promoting a particular religious practice in contexts where this might offend others.

The Finding Meaning forum is the appropriate venue for expressions of personal religious beliefs. At the discretion of the administrator or moderators, if you tend to proselytize, you may be asked to start one topic in the Finding Meaning forum where you can answer questions about your faith rather than proselytizing throughout the site.

- Drug shopping or recommending drugs
This is a site for going off drugs. It is not a site for finding out what drug to take next, comparing drug cocktails, or recommending what drug to add. This could be dangerous. People could be hurt by your advice.

(We do not know of any drugs or drug combination that will fix withdrawal syndrome. Reinstatement of the original drug, often at a low dose, sometimes helps and sometimes does not.)

If you want to discuss your diagnoses and talk about adding to your drug cocktail, there are other support sites for this, such as http://DepressionForums.org or http://PatientsLikeMe.com.

- Insisting on nonsense about the causes of so-called psychiatric disorders and withdrawal syndrome. You'll need to do a lot of reading and credible citations to come up with original plausible theories.

Red flags for nonsense often found in pop psychiatry:

• Reliance on the "chemical imbalance" theory or that mental disorders are due to some kind of neurotransmitter deficiency.
  • Claims that mood disorders are "brain disease,""diseased nerve pathways,""damaged signaling" etc.
  • Reliance on neuroimaging or brain scans.
  • Assigning specific functions to specific neurotransmitters ("dopamine is responsible for pleasure"). All neurotransmitters are multifunction; normal functioning depends on their all operating together.
  • Making sweeping generalizations about "depression." One huge problem in psychiatry research is that there is no one definition of "depression" and studies use different measures for it.
  • Publication in biological psychiatry journals.
  • More to come, I'm sure.

The "chemical imbalance" or "serotonin deficiency" theories for mood disorders, which were in vogue for about 20 years, have been disavowed by medicine. There never was any basis for this. If a doctor tells you that is the reason for your distress, the doctor is wrong, misinformed, or not being straightforward with you.

This is also true of alternative or "natural" practitioners. The "chemical imbalance" theory is invalid wherever it pops up.

The "chemical imbalance" theory or its variants does not bear discussing any more than does a theory that says the sun revolves around the earth. It is a waste of time. This site will not add to the dissemination of this misinformation. Expect credulous discussion of such to be discouraged on this site.

See Again, chemical imbalance is a myth. Stop the lies, please. and Ronald Pies says doctors tell patients the "chemical imbalance" lie as a favor

- Being an Internet lawyer; using the "free speech" defense when you're caught doing any of the above. "Free speech" or the First Amendment to the US Constitution restrains the US government from punishing individuals for protected speech. It does not apply to the many publishing houses, or sites, of the World Wide Web.

On any Web site, you publish with the consent of the site owner. The site owner can withhold this consent for any reason. If you want to say whatever you wish, start your own site.

In short, there is no free speech on the Web, or on this Web site. Please do not waste your time and that of the staff by presenting this invalid argument.

- Offering psychiatric or  psychotherapeutic care without a publicly displayed license. If you are a licensed physician, therapist, or social worker and want to risk your license to offer such services gratis here, you must post your license number in your signature. You will need to take sole responsibility for what you post as advice. SurvivingAntidepressants.org will not take responsibility for your advice and will not assist you should you meet legal challenges.

Edited by Altostrata, 27 May 2017 - 11:09 AM.
updated

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#2 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

What will get you banned right away
- Spamming the site with commercial messages or posts in which you are promoting something that brings profit to you. (You may mention your site, blog, or book in your signature.)

- Attacking a moderator or administrator in a topic, including rudeness, sarcasm, and talking back. This undermines the community and will not be tolerated. This site cannot be all things to all members. You'll have to trust the staff's decisions.

If you disagree with a member of the staff, the appropriate action is to open a polite dialog in a personal message. Haranguing or grandstanding about a staff decision in public is uncivil, disrespectful, and will not be tolerated.

- Aggressively promoting or defending psychiatry, or ridiculing the concept of withdrawal syndrome. This upsets the members, who have experienced injury from psychiatrists and psychiatric medications.

- Having multiple identities, playing manipulative games, and not being a candid, sincere contributor to the community. This also applies to trolls. If anyone thinks another member is a troll, please pm me or let me know in e-mail.

- Registering with a phony e-mail. The admin gets the bounce messages. You can't get away with this.

Edited by Altostrata, 14 September 2016 - 10:01 AM.
updated

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

#3 Loja

Loja

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

Your explanation of this topic makes me very happy. I am especially excited that you have expressed the the truth that there is no factual basis for the serotonin effect...that so much of what is given to us by over zealous psychiatric and unknowledgeable medical communities is mainly smoke and mirrors. My personal experience tells me that, well meaning or not, my doctors have addicted me to a powerful substance and I am ready to begin my recovery.
1998: Diagnosed with severe depression SECONDARY to chronic Lyme Disease. Placed on Zoloft with great results. After a couple years Lyme goes into a remission. I take myself off the Zoloft. This resulted in terrible depressive kick-backs. 2000: I am placed on Effexor and it seems to work well for me for a while and then I find I'm facing Dante's rings of hell once again and the dosage is increased, eventually reaching the max rather rapidly. 2014: over these years I have tried with my doc and by myself to get off of this. Each time the depressive backlash is awful which causes me to continue taking it. A psychiatrist and my MD have told me that I'll need it the rest of my life..they want to add another :-0
Here is what I know:
1. Any substance that gives me no choice but to ingest it in ever increasing amounts it in order to produce an alteration in my mood is a powerful addictive.
2. I choose not to be addicted.
3. I DO NOT know how to do this by myself.
4. I do not want to involve my self with scammy entities who claim they have, 'the cure'. I need a clean and sane and safe way to do this.
5. I need help from people who have successfully withdrawn from antidepressants and have been able to stay off of them. I need the support of a community who understands what I am experiencing.

Labeling robs me of the Divine's intention.

#4 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationAlbany, Western Australia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

Loja hope you are going OK. I agree with all your comments, totally. So glad I havent broken any rules, I would have done by now if I was still on that horror effexor.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

#5 WiggleIt

WiggleIt

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

I have a question that I have been wondering about: sometimes I use the occasional, occasional curse word in my posts and I notice it gets grawlixed out ****, which is TOTALLY fine with me.  But the grawlix has prompted me to wonder if my occasional cursing is against the rules.  I will try and do a better job reminding myself not to curse if it is going to get me banned!

-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in October 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014, off-label for pain

-Meds were prescribed for an "autoimmune chronic pain disease."  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but did not find out until AFTER meds had caused total damage.  All med tapers & cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline from May 2012 - Dec 2013

-Desipramine from Jan 2014 - October 2014. 60 mg reduced by 10 mg each month. Held 30 mg for 3 months. Rapid taper over 1 week from 30 mg down to 20, 10, 0

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night in 2011. In 2012, used 1 mg per month or less.  Lorazepam on & off Dec 2013 - Aug 2014, did not exceed 1.5 mg, did not exceed 3x a week

-On desipramine had muscle tremors & rigidity. Were they side effects or withdrawal effects as I reduced desip throughout 2014? Or was I in WD from nortrip as I was on desip? First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs were too stupid to help me figure it out

-Last dosage desip 10 mg on Oct. 29, 2014. Last dose lzpam 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Paradoxical reactions to benzos after quitting TCAs

-Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7 off meds: hair falling out; no improvement in vision; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8 off meds: thrown back to acute, including Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9 off meds: tardive dystonia worsened, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat.
-Month 13 off meds: Back to total acute, brain zaps back, plus developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs are now damaged

#6 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

At the bottom of every page on this site is a link to the Site Guidelines. Cussin' is in there:

"You agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, on this site."

The filter sometimes falls asleep but that is no excuse. Language can have a bit of  'color', I sometimes use asterisks deliberately or some other cleaner phrase for a cuss word. But don't try to evade the filter by using spaces or other tactics. And the use of alternate spellings for the 'f word' to me is just plain tacky. People in wd are often very sensitive and words like that can be very jarring. Even the misspelled ones.

(It is interesting how the elements on a web page are totally ignored if they are in a pale, muted font color. Like we never focus on the 'wallpaper' anymore.)

You get warned well in advance before you are banned. Unless you do one of the biggies above.

And here, a site search brought up a 'venting thread'. We here at SA aim to please. Your cussing can go there. I hope the filter is awake if you do.

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600, 03 January 2015 - 10:06 AM.
added link to 'venting thread'

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivinganti...ion/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

#7 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Thank you Alto - & admins & mods - for running a clean, safe site.  Sorry when my language is colorful, I've loosened up quite a bit since moving to Oz.  But what are just loose, colorful words to me could be triggering to someone in trauma, I will endeavor to keep it clean.  Thank you again, the safety and support of this site is just what we need.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

Currently Lithium Orotate 1.67 mg only.  I will re-evaluate this supplement in 2017.

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

#8 UnfoldingSky

UnfoldingSky

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

I just posted something then wondered if it was okay if I did it.  Forgive me for bothering you all, brain isn't keeping up with what I am doing.

I just put up a link to a site where many books are uploaded (and the authors paid for this; not illegal uploads) where there's a free month trial period, then it costs per month (I don't know how it works, I *think* though that you can use the month trial and not sign up.  )

I don't work for this company, and they do pay the authors, it's bascially like a digital library..Just put it up as they had a book btdt mentioned and she said she didn't have the $ for it.

Is that violating any rules?

I tried to remove it in case it was but my edit time had elapsed.

Sorry again, the post is in the Chronic Fatigue thread if you need to look at it. 

Partly recovered from AD withdrawal/reactions as well as issues with other psych drugs.  Also, I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions. Also due to the withdrawal/reactions I have had I may at times have cognitive problems so please keep this in mind when reading my posts (also please note, these issues are improving as I recover).

#9 UnfoldingSky

UnfoldingSky

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

I hope that didn't fall under the spam rule as I honestly just wasn't thinking clearly when I put it up, and was trying to help her out.

The post is here if you need to look at it:

http://survivinganti...e-2#entry121752

Partly recovered from AD withdrawal/reactions as well as issues with other psych drugs.  Also, I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions. Also due to the withdrawal/reactions I have had I may at times have cognitive problems so please keep this in mind when reading my posts (also please note, these issues are improving as I recover).

#10 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:58 PM

Not the same thing, US, as you are not profiting from the link. No worries.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivinganti...ion/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

#11 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

Added

- Racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, or other hate speech.

to what will get you warned or banned.

#12 GardeniaBlossom

GardeniaBlossom

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:55 AM

All of this is a relief to know. Thank you for working to keep this a safe space.

After being on (over 25) psychiatric meds continuously during a 16 year period, I began in July 2014 to taper off 1mg Klonopin. In September 2014, I came off Brintellix, Trazadone, Zoloft, Proprityline & Hydroxyzine in 2 weeks on my own without knowledge on how to taper properly. I've been off all psych "meds" since 10/2014 and am currently experiencing protracted withdrawal.

Medication history: Vibryd, Wellbutrin, Lithium, Prozac, Xanax, Celexa, Cymbalta, Trileptal, Lamictal, Abilify, Zoloft, Trazadone, Citalopram, Effexor, Seroquel, Klonopin, Paxil, Brintellix, Protriptyline, Lexapro, Pristiq, Buspar, Clonidine, Lorazepam, Notriptyline, Hydroxyzine, Serzone.

Introduction: http://bit.ly/1SIxWwl.

#13 mammaP

mammaP

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 4,210 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:12 AM

This site is here to provide support and advice to people suffering from withdrawal or tapering psychotropic drugs. It is very structured and that is so that people who view the site can find information on the subjects relating to withdrawal and tapering. The introductions forum is there for members to log their progress and also as case studies for medical and psychiatric professionals to see the affects that the drugs have on people.  There are rules in place that have been set to keep the site informative and professional.  Respect for those rules is all that Admin ask of members. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

See how to create a signature here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Many drugs for many years, prescribed diazepam first 1973, took occasionally. 3 or 4 tricyclics  for short periods.

1993 had a breakdown leading to 10 years of drug experiments with all classes of psych drugs.

2002  effexor. 

Tapered by counting beads from March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Also tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg -hold- Feb2016 46mg  March 8 2016 45 April 44mg  May 11  43mg June 14 42mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, pro biotic.

My story http://survivinganti...king-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Following every sunset is a brand new day

#14 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

Please see updates to the above.

#15 apace41

apace41

Gold star

• Moderators
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

Alto,

This is very good -- I like the updates.  Is it possible to have the site set up so that people when they next log onto the site see a screen that alerts them to the changes and they have to acknowledge them to continue working on the site?

I fear people getting warned under the new rules and then complaining about how unfair it is that they didn't know the rules had changed.

Either that or a push out to members of the site by email or otherwise?

Just thinking out loud.

Andy

Started Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg circa 2000; Sx Spring 2012. increased to .5 Clonazapam - no improvement; Started taper of K November 2012 (benzo sites said "taper benzo first"); increased Sert to100mg no improvement; Finished K microtaper in November 2014
Started Sertraline taper from 100mg in December 2014 by reducing to 75mg; Reduced to 62.5mg on January 1, 2015 and 50mg on February 1, 2015; Held at 50mg through April 5 when I got Rx for liquid Sertraline
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet on 10/5

Held through February with no noticeable change

March 2016 attempted to begin taper again but miscalculated into 1 week accidental updose to 32.5mg; dropped back to 25mg for 1 week; tapered to 22.5mg the following week; hit with symptoms and tried to stabilize between 22.5mg and 25mg.  Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy. Was dealing with horrible insomnia which had me sleeping once every other day.  Went back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016.  October 1 cut 4% to 24mg.  November 1 cut 8.3% to 22mg. December 1 cut 9% to 20mg.  Not great but functional. 2/1/17 cut 5% to 19mg.  Taking Spray-on Magnesium, Magnesium supplements, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Co-Q10, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine

#16 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

Hi Alto,

I would like to suggest that when you post that there has been an update that you indicate what has changed.  I recently read this topic and have had trouble trying to work out what has changed.  Post #1 which has been updated is very long so a pointer would be helpful.  Maybe even highlighter?  Just a thought.  That might be too distracting.

Thanks.

CC

Reminder to self:      P A T I E N C E       I want to go faster    but I won't

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 24mg (from 19 May 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.