SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Suggestions for this site

Altostrata

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alto,

Thanks for responding.  Limitations can be a pain.  Computers and computer programs can be a pain.  Sorry.  Just letting off a bit of steam after drafting a long email reply in Word and then copying and pasting into an email and lost all the pretty colour coding and had to redo it.  Grrr.  Fortunately that was all I had to redo.

I've also found posting here can have it's own difficulties with formatting and I've noticed that I'm not the only one who ends up with different fonts and sizes in a post.  I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.  But because I am a perfectionist, or rewording in a more positive way, detail-oriented, it can be extremely frustrating.  ;) 

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• Barbarannamated

• ChessieCat

• stan

Top Posters In This Topic

Activisms added to the commons section to increase awareness of withdrawal and Pssd by collectively working together. The truth is we need more help from the scientific community and letting them know we are suffering. Websites like risxk are amazing and we need to attract more willing people to ours need community. This a documentary called "as prescribed " coming soon I'm waiting to see, it will definitely bring more attention to people. Maybe we can each contrubute to a book of short story each telling our experience? The one thing I can tell you is the internet spreads information like wildfire, and all we have to do it set the fire in the right locations. Mental health need to take a turn in the right direction for once.

Short Term Case: 7 pill of 10 mg of Modafinil in a 3 month span, but last 3 I took back to back causing severe withdrawals, lasting 3 weeks. Than 2 pills lexapro to help withdrawal lead to more withdrawal.  I have most symptoms Pssd, emotional loss, cognitive issues, nerve damage in legs.  Also 2 benzodiazepines.  Not much to damage me long term...

How about a dictionary/definitions section for all terminologies used by this community?

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Administrator

Perhaps someone could start a topic about that in Off-Topic?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I thought we did have a dictionary from long ago, but if so, I can't find it. It's an excellent idea.

There is a thread in the Commons about abbreviations (and some terminology) often used on the site, which may be helpful, especially to new members. If you start a dictionary, you might want to include a link for it. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11538-ask-about-abbreviations-and-terminology-you-see-on-sa/?hl=terminology

Also, I just realized a dictionary probably should be pinned. The Commons has gotten voluminous!

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

• 3 weeks later...

I find myself wondering often what the impetus was for our members to begin the difficult journey of coming off meds. I know what mine was and I wrote about it in my introduction, but I think for many people, by the time they get here, they are in such a hard spot, that their introduction mostly consists of what they are dealing with right then. Yes, their drug histories are in their signatures along with info on why they began a given drug in the first place, but the space between "I was depressed about the death of so-and-so and was put on ______ drug" and "Now I'm experiencing terrible withdrawal symptoms from these evil meds" is often left bank.

I wonder this because often in the worst throws of withdrawal, I often have trouble remembering why I started, and even when I can, my original reasoning doesn't always make sense to me. I just think hearing other people's stories of what exactly it was that brought them to this life-changing decision might give me more clarity when I am in such a haze.

If this already exists (and you can point me in the right direction) please accept my apologies, but if not, I'd like to start a topic asking people exactly why they chose to get off drugs. I'd also like your advise on where to post it.

Thanks for all your hard work! You all are lifesavers! 

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Please start a topic in the Finding meaning forum.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 4 years later...

While this forum once appeared easily in my search results with its topics, it now seems almost completely excluded. Do you know why?

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted

• Administrator

If you're using Google, it changes its search methodology often. This site is in the US. Google weights results towards your geographical location.

• 4 months later...

Put s.s.s in main page. I think thats worth half the site.

2016 abilify 5mg for ocd. After couple months prozac+abilify 2.5mg.

2017 quit abilfy, couple of months later quit prozac CT, without much issue.

2019/8 OCD triggered panic attack.> Cause of stupid parent took abilfy and prozac at the same time for a week. Transported to hell.

2019/8 Cut the prozac abilfy after a week and took escitalopram and olanzapine for a month. After a week i read this place and decide to quit those. But im stupid as my parent is.

2020/4? After olanzapine is out in 3 months i try to quit escitalopram, takes ~7 months

2020/12? After escitalopram is out im unwell, took abilfy 5 and sertaline 50.

2021/1? abilfy 2.5mg sertaline 25mg

2021/2 Started quitting abilfy and sertaline starting with abilfy

2021/7? Abilfy is out by cutting around a quarter a month

2021/9? Quitting sertaline

2022/5? Sertaline amount is some dust. Was quartering and grinding the remaning quarters to 0. So around 25% month. *But a very erratic decrease rather than a taper*

2022/7 day 27 After feeling some wd, i took <0.05? sertaline.

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Hakn said:

s.s.s

?????

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Slow simple stable

2016 abilify 5mg for ocd. After couple months prozac+abilify 2.5mg.

2017 quit abilfy, couple of months later quit prozac CT, without much issue.

2019/8 OCD triggered panic attack.> Cause of stupid parent took abilfy and prozac at the same time for a week. Transported to hell.

2019/8 Cut the prozac abilfy after a week and took escitalopram and olanzapine for a month. After a week i read this place and decide to quit those. But im stupid as my parent is.

2020/4? After olanzapine is out in 3 months i try to quit escitalopram, takes ~7 months

2020/12? After escitalopram is out im unwell, took abilfy 5 and sertaline 50.

2021/1? abilfy 2.5mg sertaline 25mg

2021/2 Started quitting abilfy and sertaline starting with abilfy

2021/7? Abilfy is out by cutting around a quarter a month

2021/9? Quitting sertaline

2022/5? Sertaline amount is some dust. Was quartering and grinding the remaning quarters to 0. So around 25% month. *But a very erratic decrease rather than a taper*

2022/7 day 27 After feeling some wd, i took <0.05? sertaline.

• Administrator

Good idea. We need a cover page. Thanks.