Altostrata

Suggestions for this site

79 posts in this topic

Hi Alto,

Thanks for responding.  Limitations can be a pain.  Computers and computer programs can be a pain.  Sorry.  Just letting off a bit of steam after drafting a long email reply in Word and then copying and pasting into an email and lost all the pretty colour coding and had to redo it.  Grrr.  Fortunately that was all I had to redo.

I've also found posting here can have it's own difficulties with formatting and I've noticed that I'm not the only one who ends up with different fonts and sizes in a post.  I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.  But because I am a perfectionist, or rewording in a more positive way, detail-oriented, it can be extremely frustrating.  ;) 

CC

Activisms added to the commons section to increase awareness of withdrawal and Pssd by collectively working together. The truth is we need more help from the scientific community and letting them know we are suffering. Websites like risxk are amazing and we need to attract more willing people to ours need community. This a documentary called "as prescribed " coming soon I'm waiting to see, it will definitely bring more attention to people. Maybe we can each contrubute to a book of short story each telling our experience? The one thing I can tell you is the internet spreads information like wildfire, and all we have to do it set the fire in the right locations. Mental health need to take a turn in the right direction for once.

How about a dictionary/definitions section for all terminologies used by this community?

Perhaps someone could start a topic about that in Off-Topic?

I thought we did have a dictionary from long ago, but if so, I can't find it. It's an excellent idea.

There is a thread in the Commons about abbreviations (and some terminology) often used on the site, which may be helpful, especially to new members. If you start a dictionary, you might want to include a link for it. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11538-ask-about-abbreviations-and-terminology-you-see-on-sa/?hl=terminology

Also, I just realized a dictionary probably should be pinned. The Commons has gotten voluminous!

I find myself wondering often what the impetus was for our members to begin the difficult journey of coming off meds. I know what mine was and I wrote about it in my introduction, but I think for many people, by the time they get here, they are in such a hard spot, that their introduction mostly consists of what they are dealing with right then. Yes, their drug histories are in their signatures along with info on why they began a given drug in the first place, but the space between "I was depressed about the death of so-and-so and was put on ______ drug" and "Now I'm experiencing terrible withdrawal symptoms from these evil meds" is often left bank.

I wonder this because often in the worst throws of withdrawal, I often have trouble remembering why I started, and even when I can, my original reasoning doesn't always make sense to me. I just think hearing other people's stories of what exactly it was that brought them to this life-changing decision might give me more clarity when I am in such a haze.

If this already exists (and you can point me in the right direction) please accept my apologies, but if not, I'd like to start a topic asking people exactly why they chose to get off drugs. I'd also like your advise on where to post it.

Thanks for all your hard work! You all are lifesavers!