Nervous System issues

angie007

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

I've heard before that nerve damage is permanent. I've studied up on this a lot since I have nerve damage. But this is something different than the neurons in the brain. They do repair themselves. I don't know if anyone is having trouble with nerve damage with withdrawals. I suspect that the zaps are neurons reconnecting. I can't remember where I got that idea, as I've watched so many documentaries and read so much about how the brain repairs itself.

My nerve damage is unrelated to the w/d, the pain from it is what depressed me and got me on the Paxil to begin with. Now I'm being kicked while I'm down. smh. Anyway, my brain zaps are completely gone now. I'll be tapering off Prozac in about a month, and I've tapered from 20 to 16 on it before and didn't have zaps so I hope it means I won't get them.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Hey Angie,

I do not believe that the ADs "destroy" or damage our nerve cells. I think it is more a kind of malfunction that they cause, which is of course not less difficult. If the pills would do physical harm, no one of us would get better with time.

On the other hand, I do believe that even damaged nerves can heal. I heard of one person who had paraplegia and healed himself through visualization. It took him years, but he finally could move again. Another person healed herself from multiple sclerosis, also through visualization and over a long period. So it seems that one can direct his body's healing power to some extend. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I doubt so.

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

Hi Maybe,

Thank you for that buddy, as if my week hasnt been stressful enough, and i have to land upon this, which has ramped up my anxiety, foolishly iv allowed it to play on my mind,

now im trying to lower those levels again, i should have realised reading all that stuff and trying to analyse and find the answers was not the best of things i could have done,

when oh when will i realise what happens when i try to do things like this.

I have to TRUST and realise that people do recover from things like this, guess the anxiety is now " another flavour " and because iv been feeling a lot better, i thought i was

strong enough, this proves Im not quite there - just yet, much as id like to be.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

Hey Angie,

I do not believe that the ADs "destroy" or damage our nerve cells. I think it is more a kind of malfunction that they cause, which is of course not less difficult. If the pills would do physical harm, no one of us would get better with time.

On the other hand, I do believe that even damaged nerves can heal. I heard of one person who had paraplegia and healed himself through visualization. It took him years, but he finally could move again. Another person healed herself from multiple sclerosis, also through visualization and over a long period. So it seems that one can direct his body's healing power to some extend. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I doubt so.

for what i have read, ADs destroy receptors, as they become useless, they close definitively; and the body have to recreate news, and this takes months and months, and during this time we suffer as a dog; functions and so on messed; each poison destroys, why not ADs?

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

@Angie:

Don't blame yourself. I did the same thing and tried to find out as much as possible about what was going on. Fact is, no one really knows and it really doesn't serve any purpose to read all this stuff as we cannot do anything that might bring us a quick relieve. I do now abstain from all those articles and stories so I don't stress myself and focus on the positive things.

There are so many people who have healed from wd, your trust is more than justified ;)

@Stan:

I do not think that receports are being "destroyed", but rather being closed down or reduced due to a changed balance. It is a fact that receptors do grow back and the word destroyed for sounds like permanent damage. That is why I tend to call it malfunction.

End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

@Stan:

I do not think that receports are being "destroyed", but rather being closed down or reduced due to a changed balance. It is a fact that receptors do grow back and the word destroyed for sounds like permanent damage. That is why I tend to call it malfunction.

someone who was sleeping well during 40 years, then SSRIs, since his sleep is broken, bad,

8 years after stopping the meds, how do you call this? for me things have been destroyed; will he recover? we can hope, maybe after "30" years...

more time passes, as i am concerned, i read testimonies from people who still have problems after 9 years;

and the best to do is to live with; this is what all long termer say, to stop the waiting for 100%

we have improvments, but more years pass, less they are; the worse is for people long termer as i or what organ has been more messed;

the only well recovered testimonies are people who were 1 to maybe 5 years on;

these who were 10 years on, i do not see; i discover that some are lying they have recovered...

i know several french people who are bad after 10 years, often physically; on PP they all disappeared and even come back for their pm, want not write(maybe to not fear the newbies...), and have not recovered;

as i am concerned, i try to find the truth

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

in protracted withdrawal

You are definitely right, we should look for the truth and not act is everything was fine when it is not. If you say that there are people who are still bad after such a long time, I believe you, though I have to admit that I did not read a lot about those.

Well, I am now fearful again. Having only taken 4 pills and still having lots or problems 29 months out makes me wonder how damaged my system really is. Isn't it funny how one can lose hope just because of one posting?....

hello Maybe,

sorry you fear,

keep in mind how can i fear! 13 years taken, unable to work, sleep messed, walking messed, emotional messed, akathisia and so on...

you were not long on meds, think about these who were more than 10 years, 15 years, who cannot work, these meds are very dangerous, toxic; and we are part from people who is off and knows what happen, how many are swallowing and polydrugged;

for benzo it is the same;

What is sure is we will heal, how many, only god knows; it is a disaster for short termere, and much more for long termers i belong;

only time is our friend in this hell;

but we have to live and go forward,

for anxiety 

in protracted withdrawal

This is one of the worst parts of wd, that no one really knows what is going on and why some heal and others struggle so hard. But you are right, we have to go on, no other choice. Go on and hope that we will heal eventually as others have done so before.

On PP they always say that those who do not comment anymore have healed and gone on. After what you have written I wonder how many have not healed and just do not want to post anymore...

As always I wish you all the best and that you may soon feel much better and leave this horror behind you!

PP has so many pages littered with success stories and they don't bother to pin them or put them in their own folder so they all get buried and lost. Here I have links to some and from another site too.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thank you for the link, Shanti.

Though some of those people say they are off for only some months, I felt good then as well until "phase 2" arrived. So did they really recover or did they only experience a window?

After Stan posted that he knows many people who still have problems 10 years out, I just wonder what is more common, recovery or long term suffering.

I don't know, I am just down right now. The past 2 weeks were quite ok, but since Thursday I am having increased symptoms again. I just hate it...

for PP , they sing everywhere all people will be success story, for them in three years you are cured and have to make CBT; their success list are most people who were max 5 years or less on meds;

on PP many register and after a time disappear, not because they are cured, because they take again

with the number of people who were drugged and registered, their success list is ridiculous

i would see their failure list; this is sad and shows withdrawal is very hard, and protracted much more; and these meds are very a big problem;

i would say that for the newbie, they help him, but after two/three years he has to be cured or it will be bad for him

for anxiety 

in protracted withdrawal

Though there are people who have been on drugs for more than 10 years, even polydrugged, and who are much better now or recovered. I just hope that the majority of those who do not post anymore have moved on because they are feeling much better and not because they are back on drugs or still feel miserable. :(

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy