SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Tips for tapering off Seroquel (quetiapine)

mutley

• Moderator Emeritus

is there anything wrong with trying a 5% reduction (using a mg scale as other posts suggest) for the first couple weeks to see how I react - rather than the 10% reduction that's recommended here?

Nothing wrong with it, it's a good idea.  The 10% is the maximum recommended dose cut, so less than 10% is also okay.  Some people find 10% too much, but are successful with smaller percentage drops.

Also, would there be any benefit to taking some melatonin the first couple nights of the reduction to help with the transition?

I agree with Petunia that it would be better to try the drop first to see how it goes, and not confuse things with melatonin.  However, as someone who has been on Seroquel for sleep and used melatonin to transition, I can say it worked for me.  I would try the very small drop in dose first - you might find that you don't need to add the melatonin.  If you experience mild to moderate sleep difficulties but have no major w/d symptoms, then you could try melatonin to help with sleep.  If you experience major sleep problems or other major w/d symptoms then you might have dropped too much. 

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• 2 weeks later...

If I would do a microtaper how fast would I go? 

Several ssri's, antipsychotics, opiads and benzo's since 2003.

Flurazepam: rapid taper after 6 weeks usage in beginning of march 2015

Trazodone: rapid taper from 50ms to 0mgs end of july 2015

Current medication:12 mgs seroquel (from 25mgs)

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give a heads up about my tapering. I have successfully tapered off Sero., 3 wks and going strong!

If I can do it, so can you. I took it for bedtime along with Lunesta which I'm still taking. I feel so much better off of it. No more shaky hands or anxiety. It was actually causing more anxious thoughts for me. So glad I'm off!

I had a couple of bad nights and has to take Ativan for about 2-3 nights (.25mg) but that's it. I still have early wake up but I've been using Magnesium, Melatonin (1mg) and salt and honey and it gets me back to sleep.

I'm here if anyone has questions. You can do it!!!!

In 2015- had UTI put on Microbid. Stopped sleeping & had a nervous breakdown! Was put on Seroquil, Trazadone, Klonopin, just to name a few! Got off all drugs except Celexa until May of 2018. 

Update as of 1/19- reinstated Celexa 20mg. Drinking wine nightly along with a slew of meds/supplements to try and get to sleep. 

However I do have a question and tried to find online and couldn't. How long does it take for your brain to get back to normal after Sero use?

In 2015- had UTI put on Microbid. Stopped sleeping & had a nervous breakdown! Was put on Seroquil, Trazadone, Klonopin, just to name a few! Got off all drugs except Celexa until May of 2018. 

Update as of 1/19- reinstated Celexa 20mg. Drinking wine nightly along with a slew of meds/supplements to try and get to sleep. 

• Administrator

This varies from person to person. Recovery will be very gradual and probably in waves and windows.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi freespirit123! what kind of magnesium do u use? Do u take it at night along with the melatonin? I don't have a problem getting to sleep but I wake at 2 or 3 ish and need something to get me back to sleep. I've been taking 12.5 of seroquel as needed but I want to stop taking it.

On antidepressants for almost 20 years due to situational anxiety. I was in a bad marriage, bad divorce, raising 3 boys by myself, stressful job etc. The drugs were Paxil, Effexor and most recently Cymbalta for 10 years. Each time I tried to get off the drugs I would get panic and anxiety attacks. My Dr. would tell me it was my anxiety coming back so I would get back on the Antidepressant rollercoaster. I had a therapist who told me I should get off the toxic poison. He didn't think I needed it. I tapered off 60 mg over 9 months. I completely stopped the poison on 04/20/2015. I have been in withdrawal for 8 months. I currently suffer from bouts of anxiety, uncontrollable crying, insomnia and fatigue. I was also taking .5 Lorazepam as needed for anxiety and 25 mg of seroquel for sleep. I currently take Snooze-in from Vitamin Shoppe to help with sleep, Spray on Magnesium, Krill oil, Lavender and Frankincense essential oils for relaxation and inositol when I remember to take it:)

• Administrator

Please take discussions of magnesium to the magnesium topic in Symptoms, or discuss on freespirit's Intro topic. It is off-topic here.

• 3 months later...

Can someone help me set up a liquid microtaper for seroquel?
Which liquid do I use, what kind of tools do I need? I'm at about 15 mg , i was considering tapering 0,1 mg at first. But I'm too brain fogged to really read through a lot of threads so if someone could help me with a specific plan that would be very helpful, thank you
I'm afraid that the powder wouldn't be totally absorbed and I would be taking weird dosages

Several ssri's, antipsychotics, opiads and benzo's since 2003.

Flurazepam: rapid taper after 6 weeks usage in beginning of march 2015

Trazodone: rapid taper from 50ms to 0mgs end of july 2015

Current medication:12 mgs seroquel (from 25mgs)

• Administrator

I have found this drug much harder to drop that the anti depressant. Its going to take a while. I have been on it for about 20 years.

Chronic severe nerve pain and depression since 1984 (due to a motor vehicle accident and spinal injuries)  Due to long tern pain was on Morphine, Neurontin, Codeine, Valium . Off these meds altho occasional codeine.  Since 2002 Serequel for Insomnia. 25mg.  15 yrs on Clomipramine/tri-cyclic a/d.  Aug 2015. 100mg cut to 95mg. Late aug 95-90mg. Sept 1st, 90mg to 85mg. Sept 14.85mg to 80mg. October 1st , 80 to 75mg. Oct 15; 75 to 70.  Nov 1st ; 70mg-65mg.  Nov14: 65 to 60mg. 60mg. December ..break. Jan2016. 60mg to 55mg. Symptoms began: very sleepy, achy, light headed, dizzy, increased pain, numb, depressed..  Jan 30/ 55 to 50mg. Symptoms/ extreme tiredness. blurry vision and inaccurate vision, painful and itchy eyes, depression, insomnia, flu like symptoms. achy/ sweating/ relationship issues. work issues. Feb 10th. Back up to 55mg. Withdrawl symptoms subsided. March 10: 55 to 50mg. withdrawl ok. April 12 Seroquel 21mg May 12 Seroquel 17mg. Nov severe depression went up to 75mg Anti dep.  Jan 2017, diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and prescribed 60mg Epilim. Instant relief. March Doc suggested slow decrease of anti dep so from 75 to 70, March 17, 2017.

does anyone have a dosage guideline for seroquel? Like at what point it is only on histamine, serotonin, and dopamine. At what dosage should the taper be really careful about? Also at what dosage seroquel is for schizophrenia, bipolar, mania, and finally insomnia?

abilify 2 years

zyprexa 5mg 3yearsn 10mg 3 years, 15 mg 3 years

seroquel 200mg 3 weeks, 175 mg 6 days, 150mg 5-29-16

125mg 6/10/16 100mg 6/20/16 87.5mg 7/8/16

• Administrator

Hi, aries. The receptor occupancy of Seroquel at various dosages is not really relevant to tapering. As long as reducing the drug cause withdrawal symptoms, you need to taper.

While psychiatry pretends there are definite "therapeutic" dosages, the fact is that dosage is individual (usually, the prescribed dosage is too high), whether the dosage is "therapeutic" is completely subjective (often the doctor's opinion), and drug treatment of any psychiatric condition is trial and error.

Thanks for that info Altostrata. I certainly do feel like the research re Seroquel withdrawl and its impact has not been done yet. My experiences of it are certainly much different than what I was told I would experience. (Also one a pain Psych told me he didnt need to undertake  research because my reaction to drugs was his research and that I was the experiment. I remember laughing with him...but not now)

Chronic severe nerve pain and depression since 1984 (due to a motor vehicle accident and spinal injuries)  Due to long tern pain was on Morphine, Neurontin, Codeine, Valium . Off these meds altho occasional codeine.  Since 2002 Serequel for Insomnia. 25mg.  15 yrs on Clomipramine/tri-cyclic a/d.  Aug 2015. 100mg cut to 95mg. Late aug 95-90mg. Sept 1st, 90mg to 85mg. Sept 14.85mg to 80mg. October 1st , 80 to 75mg. Oct 15; 75 to 70.  Nov 1st ; 70mg-65mg.  Nov14: 65 to 60mg. 60mg. December ..break. Jan2016. 60mg to 55mg. Symptoms began: very sleepy, achy, light headed, dizzy, increased pain, numb, depressed..  Jan 30/ 55 to 50mg. Symptoms/ extreme tiredness. blurry vision and inaccurate vision, painful and itchy eyes, depression, insomnia, flu like symptoms. achy/ sweating/ relationship issues. work issues. Feb 10th. Back up to 55mg. Withdrawl symptoms subsided. March 10: 55 to 50mg. withdrawl ok. April 12 Seroquel 21mg May 12 Seroquel 17mg. Nov severe depression went up to 75mg Anti dep.  Jan 2017, diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and prescribed 60mg Epilim. Instant relief. March Doc suggested slow decrease of anti dep so from 75 to 70, March 17, 2017.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

I would like to confirm that I am understanding this thing correctly: is it OK to taper standard Seroquel by cutting the pill (without making a liquid form)? 

I take 50 mg (2 pills of 25 mg each), I bought a digital scale and it's  accurate in measuring. So I started by reducing 5% and then 10%.

[before I tried to dissolve a pill in water and it seems that some powder remains attached to the glass. I find more comfortable by cutting the pill.]

The coating seems to be just a very thin layer, I don't think it 's meant to have a use as a gastrointestinal protection.

Thanks for your help  :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rainmaker, welcome to SA. Yes that is fine, here is the post that explains in detail the ways to taper seroquel / quetiapine. 

You will need to leave at least 3 weeks between cuts. Tapering fast can result in psychosis, even if it wan't prescribed for psychosis! 

Would you like to start a topic in the intro forum, so we can get to know you? That would be your journal where you can log your progress and ask any questions about your taper.  The intro forum is also a good place for doctors to see case histories and the devastating effects that some drugs have on people, and how some people taper successfully by using the 10% method.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I'm tapering Seroquel, too, Rainmaker, and have been cutting using a scale. It's slow going, but it does seem to work to dry cut it.

Hi Rainmaker, welcome to SA. Yes that is fine, here is the post that explains in detail the ways to taper seroquel / quetiapine. 

You will need to leave at least 3 weeks between cuts. Tapering fast can result in psychosis, even if it wan't prescribed for psychosis! 

Would you like to start a topic in the intro forum, so we can get to know you? That would be your journal where you can log your progress and ask any questions about your taper.  The intro forum is also a good place for doctors to see case histories and the devastating effects that some drugs have on people, and how some people taper successfully by using the 10% method.  :)

thanks a lot mammaP

I'm tapering Seroquel, too, Rainmaker, and have been cutting using a scale. It's slow going, but it does seem to work to dry cut it.

Hi MNgal1960, good luck to you too. It's tough road but we have to make it

Well, I am getting very frustrated with the dry cutting. I just dread doing it, but it looks like Seroquel is not really very soluble in water, if my understanding of this thread is correct. I find som eo fhte links very confusing. :(  Is it best to stick with dry cutting?

• Moderator Emeritus

MNGal -- Seroquel is "moderately soluble" in water.  The implication of moderate solubility is that you will have undissolved particles in the liquid. To deal with that, you shake the liquid and remove a dose from the centre of the suspension.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if tapering off of Seroquel causes the same kind of symptoms as tapering off of AD or benzos. And are there symptoms that seem to the the most common no matter what drug you're tapering?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, MNgal. Yes, there are a lot of overlapping symptoms with AD's, benzos, and antipsychotics. Insomnia, mood swings, cog fog, and GI problems are just a few that can come from any of these drugs. 

And many people coming off antipsychotics have been polydrugged, so that makes it even more complicated, especially due to the possibility of kindling. 

Sending healing vibes your way. 

Thank you, Shep. I tapered my Q from 25mg down to 17mg and found I had anxiety and neuropathy. I am also on Valium with one previous failed taper attempt. I wondered if the Q taper was causing my symptoms or if it was somehow tangled up with the Valium. The gabapentin is supposed to help with Restless Leg Syndrome and neuropathy but doesn't seem to do much. I particularly wonder about the neuropathy because I have it from an illness, also, but it was particularly bad during the taper. It makes it so hard to know if I'm tapering too fast or if it's just my "typical" neuropathy flaring up. Grrrr.

At any rate, I am pausing my Q taper here and going to try an ultra-slow taper of the V to get it lower. I wonder if it will be similar to the Q (which was also ultra-slow). Wish I could get all the way off the Q because it messes up my mornings, I can't drive or function until at least 10AM even though I'm awake at 6AM.

I'm so tired and so frustrated by how slow this process is.

question about seroquel. when the withdrawal insomnia passes, will the sleep actually improve with lower seroquel dose? if it has been taken only for sleep with doses 25-50mg?

is it like antidepressants, which may induce depression when taken long term, then depression is withdrawal symptom, and then when all that resolves, depression gets better. 

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

Just some information from another post. My son had his first psychotic break when trying to come off Seroquel. Phillip Seeman has published a number of papers on Seroquel and why it is so difficult to come off it. Although it has been years since I read up on the drug, I believe that Seeman's work indicated that, like Clozapine, Seroquel binds poorly to the dopamine receptors and, when cutting back, it is easily displaced by Dopamine (American Journal of Psychiatry 1999; 156:876-884).

The so called, "therapeutic" level is right around (give or take 50 Mgs) 250 Mgs. It is right around this dosage that reductions should be very conservative, 10% or less. Doctors do not understand withdrawal and frequently recommend reductions of Seroquel of 50 Mgs or more. People on this site, who know far more than I do, will give you better advice.

I know receptor occupancy is far from the whole story, but I do think that knowledge of them can point to some of the "cliffs" to avoid. Any doctors advice about bouncing the drug up and down depending on how you are feeling is just plain wrong. My son was once on 1200 Mgs of Seroquel when he was in the hospital (years ago). The psychiatrist there responded to my alarm by telling me he had had people on 2,000 Mgs. My son is stable today, and will soon be starting to withdraw from his current med (Abilify). It would also probably help some people trying to understand how Seroquel works (or doesn't) to look at a post on "thelastpsychiatrist" from 2007. The guy can be a smart aleck and, at times, inappropriate, but seems to know his science. Be well, Ed

Sadly, I am in the same boat as your son in terms of landing back in the hospital trying to go down from 250mg. 

I have read that article from the last psychiatrist too... I haven't really stayed at 600mg for long and haven't been dosed higher than that... maybe at 800mg for a while. 

I was on Seroquel from 2008-2016 because Seroquel doesn't cause akathisia (in my case) and all other drugs do.   

I am tapering slowly off Seroquel- got down to 393.75mg, Fall 2016 ... 3% taper still couldn't keep me from hospital. 

Hospital stay switched me to 300 clozapine/clozaril.

Summer 2017: slowly cut and weighed clozapine/clozaril from 300mg to 275mg over 3 months. 

Hello all I just have a quick question regarding tapering Seroquel. I recently made the switch from a 50mg instant release tablet to 50ml of liquid Seroquel. I did this simply by letting one 50mg tablet dissolve into 50ml of water then drinking it.

However doing this caused me to become destabilised... Is it safe to taper this way? I know this can happen switching to liquid medication, but does anyone know what's happening here? Am I experiencing an increase our decrease in dose?

MEDS HISTORY

2004 hospitalized for acute alcohol induced psychosis and started on my psych drug merry-go-round.2004-2006 SSRI > SNRI Merry-go-round finally settled on Effexor. Also was started on Risperdal in 2004 but switched to seroquell after I had a bad reaction to it.2008. Was switched from Effexor to pristiq, Also managed to successfully Quit Seroquel Cold Turkey.Asenapine- 5mg- August 2014 ~ May 2015. Was put on for Social Anxiety, was great at first then started developing disabling side effects, did a rapid taper and so started my withdrawal nightmare...

MEDS CURRENT

Pristiq-100mg ~ Currently holding

Olanzapine- 3.75mg May 2015 ~ Currently tapering by -.06mg per week (Jan 2016, 3.5mg  ~Feb 2016 intractable insomnia updose to 3.75mg)

Quetiapine- 50mg June 2015  ~Dec 25 2015 Quit cold turkey. ~(Feb 6 2016 hit with intractable insomnia - reinstated 50mg.)

August 2016 : Became destabilised after messing around with cutting doses, trying THC oil etc eventually stabilised,

Held doses for 5 years.

January 2022: Hit poop out, struggling to get more than 3 hours sleep, been one week straight of pure hell, praying to hold on. 

I read through this thread completely today. Is there anyone out there who as gone off Seroquel from high doses of 600? 

I am at 425 (100 morning) (325 at night)...... can I dissolve a 100mg pill and take a solid 200mg pill when I get to below 300 at night? The taper might be way easier at a slow 3% pace by liquid titration. 25's and 50's are mentioned in the liquid titration process, has anyone done 100mg pills?  I could taper my morning dose this way too. 

I was on Seroquel from 2008-2016 because Seroquel doesn't cause akathisia (in my case) and all other drugs do.   

I am tapering slowly off Seroquel- got down to 393.75mg, Fall 2016 ... 3% taper still couldn't keep me from hospital. 

Summer 2017: slowly cut and weighed clozapine/clozaril from 300mg to 275mg over 3 months. 

I have read in other places about switching to liquid being destabilizing to some people and then you have to wait to stabilize to actually taper.

I don't know anything about getting off high doses except I have read people doing it. The problem with the larger pills is it either makes a very strong suspension or you have to use a ton of water. I tried liquid for awhile and used 100ml of water for 25mg Seroquel tablet. The stronger the liquid, the more you are affected my tiny errors in measuring.  The weaker, the less. Maybe someone who has used larger tablets could chime in.

I think Seroquel doesn't actually dissolve, only disintegrates. You have to be sure to shake and shake before doing a pull out of the medication because the tiny particles are just floating around in the water and not actually dissolved, so they could sink back to the bottom.

• Moderator Emeritus

When changing from a tablet to liquid formulation, it can be helpful to make the switch in steps. Liquids are absorbed more quickly in our digestive systems.

Start with a small portion of your dose as liquid and take the rest in tablet/capsule. For example, If you're taking 200 mg, take 50 mg as liquid and the remainder as the tablet. Do that for a few weeks *or* longer, then go to half liquid half tablet.

If you have questions about your specific dosage please post your questions in your intro thread.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

I have read in other places about switching to liquid being destabilizing to some people and then you have to wait to stabilize to actually taper.

I don't know anything about getting off high doses except I have read people doing it. The problem with the larger pills is it either makes a very strong suspension or you have to use a ton of water. I tried liquid for awhile and used 100ml of water for 25mg Seroquel tablet. The stronger the liquid, the more you are affected my tiny errors in measuring.  The weaker, the less. Maybe someone who has used larger tablets could chime in.

I think Seroquel doesn't actually dissolve, only disintegrates. You have to be sure to shake and shake before doing a pull out of the medication because the tiny particles are just floating around in the water and not actually dissolved, so they could sink back to the bottom.

Thanks for the tip on it being destabilizing. I am on 100morning and 325night right now, so maybe I could dissolve the 25mg at night to see how it effects me. 

I saw that seroquel does come in a liquid from one of Alto's posts. I will have to look into that if the tablets are going to be stubborn dissolving. 

scalawagWhen changing from a tablet to liquid formulation, it can be helpful to make the switch in steps. Liquids are absorbed more quickly in our digestive systems.

Start with a small portion of your dose as liquid and take the rest in tablet/capsule. For example, If you're taking 200 mg, take 50 mg as liquid and the remainder as the tablet. Do that for a few weeks *or* longer, then go to half liquid half tablet.

If you have questions about your specific dosage please post your questions in your intro thread.

Ok. I will go back to intro thread. Thanks for the heads up on taking it slow. 

Does anyone have any reliable data on whether or not Seroquel will remain stable in water or Ora-Plus or any liquid so one could make up a few days supply at a time? Thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus

MNgal: Alto's post on the first page answers a lot of questions, including the one you're asking.

Her answer is that the liquid is "probably stable for 24 hours." Please also read the part where she talks about switching over to liquid in stages -- initially taking most of your dose in tablet form then gradually increasing the amount you take as liquid.

Alto's post about Seroquel

scallywag's Introduction

I wasn't on for that long so maybe that had something to do with it, a few months. But I have a digital scale and just chipped away each night. I was on Lunesta at the time so I'm sure that helped

Thanks Scallwag. I wasn't sure. I thought that the 24 hours was referring to the extended release form. My brain isn't working so well. I will try to read it again.

FreeSpirit, I have been trying to use a digital scale and dry cutting, but I find it so frustrating and my scale is hard to calibrate. I was hoping I could make up a batch of liquid more easily. But if I have to make a fresh batch every day, that will also be too difficult for me. I'm not in good shape and am usually alone.

I have been holding and dry cutting for weeks and have been continued to experience a big spike in my neuropathy. Could the inaccuracy of dry cutting Seroquel cause neuropathy? I have heard suspensions are more accurate, but I don't know if I'm mentally up to figuring out how to make a suspension. The directions are so confusing and I can't afford OraPlus.

Has anyone ever heard of tapering Seroquel causing neuropathy? It could be something else. I've had it in the past from other triggers. I am trying to figure out what the trigger could be. I'm barely functioning.

Sorry if I asked this elsewhere and forgot. My memory is shot.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy