Altostrata

Blogs by doctors critical of psychiatry

42 posts in this topic

http://kellybroganmd.com/article/stop-madness-coming-psych-meds/

what you will find at this link.. 

Where’s the Exit Door?

If a single dose of an antidepressant can change the architecture of the brain in ways we have no science to appreciate, what are the results of chronic, long-term use?

What happens when patients want out? When they are not happy with treatment? When they make sufficient changes in their lives to support a new approach?

As psychiatrist and activist Peter Breggin has stated, drug withdrawal programs are the most urgently needed intervention in the field of psychiatry.

I have no mentors. I have few like-minded colleagues. Most of what I have learned about psychiatric drug withdrawal, I have learned from patients, and from clinical experience.

Stop the Madness: Coming off Psych Meds 

Wow btdt you are a tremendous asset to this site ...that was a great post.

think i will transfer this to my intro.

Wow a new person to add to my heros list.....that Brogan is some kinda gal!!

Hey how does one change a link to a word discription if you know what i mean.

BTDT and NZ!! -- you two need to get together and pull all this information into one big cohesive document so it isn't lost as just a bunch of posts on different forums.  You two are finding such great stuff.

Wow btdt you are a tremendous asset to this site ...that was a great post.

think i will transfer this to my intro.

Wow a new person to add to my heros list.....that Brogan is some kinda gal!!

Hey how does one change a link to a word discription if you know what i mean.

I know love her straight up attitude and no double talk ... how I hate double talk. Thanks nz I was amazed at the info you posted about that journalist on Slate... about the FDA I forget his name already .. that drives me nuts. 

BTDT and NZ!! -- you two need to get together and pull all this information into one big cohesive document so it isn't lost as just a bunch of posts on different forums.  You two are finding such great stuff.

Thanks Brass how about it NZ want to write a book... ;) or what... I have no idea what to do with it nobody wants to hear about any of it.. nobody I know at least.  

I am feeling a bit like I did in high school as a nerd type person who was always finding myself with the party group due to many different reasons... I had all this stuff in my head nobody wanted to talk about. At least then I could not forget a thing... now I can't recall it.. opposite end of the spectrum.