Really being sick vs. w/d

Nikki

For years I freak out if I don't feel well. My daughter keeps reminding me that we all feel under the weather and it's OKAY to lay down.

For me I have a huge issue with getting sick. I have a issue because of the WD's, about not allowing myself to feel ill and rest. It made me feel weak, lazy and different from others.

The other issue is that I can't always differentiate between really being sick with a bug vs withdrawal/side effects from meds.

On Sunday night I turned green. I was nauseous and had the runs the whole night and into yesterday. I had chills and alot of aches and pains. I had been to a birthday party ealier that day. Food was delicious. Thought is was Lasagna. :( But the aches/pains/chills made me think it was a virus. Feeling really tired today, stomach getting better but not right.

Again, my daughter said...."Mom don't freak out. It doesn' matter if it is a virus, or the lasagna, it will pass. I had it a few days back".

Problem is I freak out inside myself.

Can anyone relate and does it sound like a virus?????

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Sounds like a clear cut case of food poisoning. Standard food poisioning usually starts a few hours after eating the contaminated food and typically passes the next day.

Take it from someone who is a passionate cook and former caterer, there are MANY ways Lasagna can become contaminated. From the cleanliness of the cooks hands, to the freshness and temperature of the ingredients (raw eggs are often used in Lasgana a big risk factor). Even putting hot food straight out of the oven and into the refrigerator can cause contamination.

Hope that eases your mind!

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

Whatever...I too love to cook and eat

Can food poisoning ause aches/pains/chills?

Do you freak out when you get sick and wonder if is is w/d?

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Whatever...I too love to cook and eat

Can food poisoning ause aches/pains/chills?

Do you freak out when you get sick and wonder if is is w/d?

Hugs

Nikki,

Food poisoning can be brutal with many symptoms as your body fights off the infection. Sounds like your body is doing its job well :-)

I haven't had extreme physical symptoms during this process, but I definitely get worked up with the emotional ones - "is this ME? Am I just an anxious person now as baseline? Is this withdrawal??"

As Whatever said, sounds like you have a clearcut case of food poisoning. I'm sorry you're feeling awful and hope that this helps some.

Take it easy and be sure to hydrate to replace lost fluids. Treat yourself like you would your daughter if she had same symptoms ;)

{{{HUGS}}}

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Yes, pains and aches!

No, I do not freak out because it was 10 years ago that I stopped cold turkey. But if I was just beginning my WD...yup I would freak out big time!

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

• Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like a clear cut case of food poisoning. Standard food poisioning usually starts a few hours after eating the contaminated food and typically passes the next day.

Take it from someone who is a passionate cook and former caterer, there are MANY ways Lasagna can become contaminated. From the cleanliness of the cooks hands, to the freshness and temperature of the ingredients (raw eggs are often used in Lasgana a big risk factor). Even putting hot food straight out of the oven and into the refrigerator can cause contamination.

Hope that eases your mind!

Thanks for the tips! I wasn't aware that putting hot food right into the fridge could cause contamination - I do that all the time, especially with crockpot meals. When it comes to food poisoning, I'm the canary in the coal mine. It's not withdrawal, I've just always been this way.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

For me I have a huge issue with getting sick. I have a issue because of the WD's, about not allowing myself to feel ill and rest. It made me feel weak, lazy and different from others.

The other issue is that I can't always differentiate between really being sick with a bug vs withdrawal/side effects from meds...

Can anyone relate and does it sound like a virus?????

I can definitely relate and I'm sorry that I don't have any good advice for telling the difference between withdrawal and a virus or food poisoning. I have the same problem with differentiating and it seems like AD withdrawal can mimic about any illness in the Merck Manual.

Your statement about feeling different from others rang a few bells. When I was first going through withdrawal I kept worrying over what the neighbors were thinking about me because I seldom went out and kept erratic hours. (This is especially touchy because, when I had the depressive breakdown, a friend called the police when she came to check on me and found the front door unlocked. I was taken to a psych ward by ambulance and it was something of a spectacle.) I worried and worried that someone would think I was depressed again.

I'm in better shape now, but I still wonder what the neighbors think, as I now keep all the blinds and curtains shut because of Cortisol levels and light sensitivity. Never mind I always used to keep the blinds and curtains drawn during warm weather pre-Lexapro and never thought a thing of it.

Caring what people think is something I hope to outgrow as I get older (I'm 66). I envy people who just don't give a hoot and do and say what they please! :(

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Can you try a riddance exercise on the wondering what the neighbors think. Chances are they would actually felt compassion. We are very good at shaming ourselve.

For the riddance, write down in an uncensored manner everything you felt that day and since then about the neighbors and yourself. End the journaling by being compassionate to yourself and make a firm but gentle commitment to 'let of of what they may have saw or thought'. 'That was then and this is now.' Then burn the writing, saying goodbye to old thoughts that bring you down.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Today I finally went to the Emergency Room. I do have Diverticulitis and I have a UTI and a few days back an Intestial Virus.

And I was wondering why I felt so poorly. I was dehyrdrated for having the runs last week and the week before.

We live and learn.....The Diverticulitis Diet is no seeds, nuts and doughy breads, no purple onions. Next time I will go rightto the ER.

New antibiotics...Augmentin for Div. Cipro for UTI. and Bentyl (non narcotic) spasm relief med.

While I was in the ER The Kings of Comedy was on and I was laughing my head off.....Miss Bernie Mac, he just died to young.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Pleaae be careful w Cipro - very documented CNS effects w quinolones

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Nikki ~

That's alot of meds and diagnoses at once ~

Many people have become very sensitive to drugs/chemicals in w/d and quinolones are especially dangerous -

Hopefully someone else is online to advise …

Cipro bothers me. Augmentin, I have taken it in the past. Is CNS central nervous system issues?

The non-narcotic anit spasm med is a total waste. Does nothing.

I have two infections and both need to be treated with antibiotics. I may have to call the ER tomorrow for something strong - to relieve the pain/spasms.

This stinks big time. Just had a tought, call the Nurse Prac. and ask her what I can take.

Honestly, I am at the end of my rope with myself.

Taper nonsense - then divertic - then intest. virus, now UTI....God please let these meds work and get me back to normal. Have to drink tons of water to flush system, need to stay on liquid diet for a few days.

Right now I just got scared.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

You'll be good once you get treatments going - im not aware of problems with Augmentin so I'd start that -it may help your UTI

Definitely ask your NP for alternative to quinolone (they all have 'floxin' in name )-

Bactria/Septra usually used for UTIs unless you are allergic to sulfa drugs -

The Bentyl may kick in after a few doses -it can be potent -

I'm sorry you're feeling like **** but with 2 infections going on it's understandable -

Hang in there

{{{HUGS}}}

Hey Nikki,

I'm really sorry to hear about your infections. I know how I overwhelming this sort of thing can be because when I was early withdrawal I was diagnosed with two acute bacterial infections myself. I was prescribed one antibiotic then another then another.

The problem, in retrospect, was twofold. First some of the antibiotics I took, Cipro for one, are notorious for aggravating benzo withdrawal and having other unwanted effect. Second, in retrospect, I altered a lot of my intestinal composition by murdering a great amount of squatting bacteria. Several months after completion of the antibiotics, I entered a stressful period and made a tiny change in my benzo allocation. I ended up horrifically sick with stomach and gastrointestinal problems.

There are many "good" microorgnaisms that reside in our gut and they are necessary for all sorts of human processes, even beyond digestion such as immune function.

Heres an article by a paleo blogger (not a physician) named Mark Sisson about some sticky issues involved with antibiotics :

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-problems-with-antibiotics-more-fallout-from-killing-your-flora/#axzz1q4UUQS4y

Since I nor Sisson are doctors, we aren't allowed to give medical direction. That said, I wish someone had explained to me, after 90 days of Cipro, levaquin and bactrim, the importance of reesablishing proper intestinal microorganism ecosystem and how helpful probiotic foods and supplements are for this task.

Again, I'm sorry to hear of your illness. It seems that's one thing that is truly difficult to cope with, getting sick on top of trying to get well after a Medicating.

Best wishes,

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Thanks guys...

Would like to vent please. I am in excruitating pain from gas/bloating and being backed up.

This happens with Divertic. Today I have to take magnesium citrate and colace to flush. This is a normal protocol.

I've taken Cipro many times and it's miserable. It brings me down and can cause anxiousness.

The augmentin causes gas and sometime diarrhea. Right now I need antiobiotics.

Need to get back on Probiotics.

The insomnia from the Imipramine taper left me exhausted. Then this happened and I basically have been lying down. Tired and don't feel well.

Have been isolating. Not talking on phone, staying inside. Can't do brunch on Saturdays or lunch during the week.

I am trying not to panic or cry. Thank God for this site...

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• 4 months later...

I have been having anxiety and not feeling well for a good week or so. I have recently taken alot of drugs and wonder it this it the reason.

Prescription strength Ibuprofen for a few weeks for root canal, UTI sciatica.

Alleve

Vicodeine for root canal and UTI (not alot at all, but it causes bad dreams and unrest).

Cipro twice for root canal an then for UTI

Pyridium only once for UTI

Propanolol for the last few nights for anxiety.

I get anxiety in the AM and the last few night I had it as well.

I started taking Flaxseed oil at night too.

Would this cause the type of anxiety I have? It's not good and I wake up dry heaving.

SOS

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Something is clearly causing the dry heaving. Ibuprofen, Aleve, and Vicodin all at once seem too much -- they all hit the stomach hard.

Here's a drug interaction checker: http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I didn't take them all at once, but I did take them over a period of a few weeks beginning with the root canals.

I did have to take antibiotics too.

I don't feel well at all and I don't know if it is all from anxiety, or if I am having a major reaction to having taken the meds which brought on anxiety.

Regardless of what happens, I can't take another thing, unless the UTI returns.

I am so sensitive to everything and I attribute that in large part to ssri's.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

I have been having anxiety and not feeling well for a good week or so. I have recently taken alot of drugs and wonder it this it the reason.

Prescription strength Ibuprofen for a few weeks for root canal, UTI sciatica.

Alleve

Vicodeine for root canal and UTI (not alot at all, but it causes bad dreams and unrest).

Cipro twice for root canal an then for UTI

Pyridium only once for UTI

Propanolol for the last few nights for anxiety.

I get anxiety in the AM and the last few night I had it as well.

I started taking Flaxseed oil at night too.

Would this cause the type of anxiety I have? It's not good and I wake up dry heaving.

SOS

Im so sorry..I just saw this, Nikki.

I know you've taken Cipro many times before, but perhaps you are becoming more sensitive to it with increased anxiety? Also, just having an ongoing infection can cause CNS effects apart from the antibiotic.

I seem to react opposite of you to most meds. Not much bothers my GI tract, but Aleve is one that I cant take. It gets stuck in my chest/esophagus and causes problems for days. I do fine with ibuprofen or buffered aspirin. It sounds like Vicodin may be a culprit.

Could the flaxseed be activating? Other omegas are activating. Just a thought.

I'm not much help. Hoping brainstorming might trigger a thought.

I used to react to ground flax seeds. The oil may be triggering?

Rx ibuprofen, like 800mg a few times a day, plus hydrocodone? In my experience that can be rough on the stomach. And/or the liver too. What was the cut in the Vicodin, how much NSAID/acetaminophen? I think the pain pills usually toss in 325 or 500 of a non narcotic per pill. So this adds to the load too.

If I were in your boat, I may consider trying a good probiotic supplement (with or w/o food per instruction) or probiotic food. I also might try some German chamomile tea, small amount at first and working up if no problem. I've found this tea can both help my stomach and reduce anxiety. Probiotics help restore balance after antibiotic courses.

Of course, we are different, so listen to your body. IMO, you are very likely to get better in time. We all have to take medicine or something which knocks us off the tightrope balance, so hang in there!

Best,

Alex

- Zimmerman

I am off of everything. Last night was my last night that I will take propanolol. I remember having a rebound depression of sorts after using it more than 2-3 days in a row.

Cipro works but it is a miserable drug that levels me. I usually feel great after I finish it, not this time around.

There is an intestinal virus running around Palm Beach, friends of mine had it. I wonder if that is what might be wrong.

See what happens when taking AD's.......I never know what came first the chicken or the egg.

Oh the Joys of SSRI'S :angry:

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

See what happens when taking AD's.......I never know what came first the chicken or the egg.

Are the ADs the chicken or the egg? Whichever they are, that's what came first. :-)

Hang in there, Nikki.

- Zimmerman

The adrenal glands are the main stress control system of the body. Adrenal Fatigue is a decrease in the adrenal glands' ability to carry out this normal function. It is commonly caused by chronic stress from any source (including emotional, physical, mental, or environmental) that exceeds the body's capacity to adjust appropriately to the demands placed on it by the stress. Stressors that can lead to Adrenal Fatigue include anger, chronic illness, depression, surgery, high sugar intake, over exercise, sleep deprivation, chronic or acute infections including Giardia and H. pylori and root canal repair, just to mention a few.

I was looking up info for Barb and I read this and keeled over. Just had two of them.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• 2 years later...

http://www.preskorn.com/books/ssri_s8.html

inv.gif< 7 - Why Are CYP Enzymes
Important When Considering SSRIs?

The effect of specific serotonin selective reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) on specific cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes has been the major distinguishing factor among these drugs and is clinically important for three reasons:

• First, these medications are extensively used in the general population.
  • Second, many physicians use these antidepressants, preferentially in the elderly and medically-ill with major depression due to their generally benign safety profile (Table 8.1).
  • Third, their long-term maintenance use is growing due to the recognition that major depression is frequently a recurring illness, and prophylactic treatment with an antidepressant can decrease the risk of recurrent episodes. During such prophylactic treatment, the patient may develop an intercurrent illness (eg, hypertension) and require the addition of another medication.

For all of these reasons, there is a substantial likelihood that the patient who is taking an SSRI will be treated with another medication and hence will be at potential risk for a drug-drug interaction.

I don't understand this all... bit of it I get other parts nope not today at least... but if this can help one of us prevent a drug interaction it is worth having here. 

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Much  of this is not understandable by me... but here it is if you want to take a look. 

http://www.preskorn.com/books/ssri_tf.html

tables and figures... a link of results in tables in figures with titles so you can look at what interests you. 

this one interested me 

However, the effect is occurring at an unexpected dose due to the change in the drug's clearance. What the physician may not realize is that adding the second drug has, in essence, changed the effective dose of the first drug by altering its clearance (Figure 7.5). Thus, the patient may appear unusually sensitive to the first drug (ie, develop a known dose-dependent adverse effect of the first drug on a dose that is usually well tolerated) or nonresponsive to the first drug (ie, failure to optimally respond to what is usually an effective dose). Thus, pharmacokinetic drug interactions may be dismissed as being due to idiosyncrasies on the part of the patient rather than being recognized for what they are.

I wonder too if the firbrosis in my liver changed the clearance rate of drugs I take now?  Don't know. 

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

Some examples may be useful to illustrate this concept. Risperidone is a recently marketed antipsychotic with some unique features. Figure 7.7 shows the dose-dependent nature of its antipsychotic efficacy and its risk of causing extrapyramidal adverse effects. As the dose of risperidone goes up, there is initially an increase in its antipsychotic efficacy; but somewhere between 8 to 10 mg/day, its antipsychotic efficacy either plateaus or actually begins to decrease.169 However, the incidence and severity of extrapyramidal adverse effects continue to go up with dose increases. For these reasons, 6 mg/day is the recommended optimal dose. If a concomitantly administered drug decreases the clearance of risperidone, the consequence can be the same as increasing its dose. The result will be a reduction in its efficacy and an increase in the incidence of extrapyramidal adverse effects. If the clinician does not know the dose had been effectively changed by adding the inhibitor, s/he may simply conclude that the patient is resistant to the beneficial effects and sensitive to the adverse effects of risperidone. This drug is metabolized by the CYP enzyme 2D6.

found this one interesting too.

Had a car accident in 85

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

The Cipro triggered your anxiety Nikki!!!  Hope you are feeling better

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy